AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

*Trigger Warning* Post about emotional/upset model *Sensitive Topic*

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2011
Just a quick post to ask what if any procedures are in place on MFC for when a model is upset/in distress & talking about suicidal issues. I was in the room of a model I follow earlier & after a bit she started getting upset & talking about how she was at a psychiatric ward. She was also saying things like people should be able to take their own lives, while becoming emotional (not sure if she was talking about herself or making a general point). I haven't been in her room a huge amount of times, but this is the first time I've seen her like this, so hopefully she was just having a bad day.

I don't know about MFC, but I always wondered why CB does not maintain an emergency support queue for those sorts of issues. They could have a contact form that authenticates your identity and login, and a strict list of conditions for using the form. I have notified CB in the past about some pretty serious issues, and it seems to me they often do not even see the message for 24 hours. Their priorities are messed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: CheeseMoon
There's a place called Pineapple Support that a lot of the sites and Models recommend. A few sites have it connected and push it. I don't work MFC or CB, so idk if they have links to it connected, but their workers could still presumably utilize it.

This just happened to me last night. She wasn’t upset at the time, but told me she was thinking about suicide “earlier”

I will tell her about Pineapple. Do you know if they have Russian-speaking support?
I'm sorry I don't. I've never used them or any other therapist since I started sex work. I've been really happy.

I've heard lots of other models talk good about them though.

I wouldn't get the sites involved. There was a model on here who complained about what she was put through by Chaturbate when someone reported her for suicidal thoughts.

They initially sent her a warning and she had to agree to some conditions, then they suspended or banned her account and made it very difficult for her to get her account back.

I don't see how taking away a person's source of income is going to help them with their emotional/psychological issues.

I don't know if MFC would be so cold, but it seems to be the way CB handles it.

I wouldn't get the sites involved. There was a model on here who complained about what she was put through by Chaturbate when someone reported her for suicidal thoughts.

They initially sent her a warning and she had to agree to some conditions, then they suspended or banned her account and made it very difficult for her to get her account back.

I don't see how taking away a person's source of income is going to help them with their emotional/psychological issues.

I don't know if MFC would be so cold, but it seems to be the way CB handles it.

If MFC were to reach out to the model with a concern, I seriously doubt they'd be cold about it and flat out suspend or ban the girl (like CB). If anything, I feel like they'd let the model know they've received a report, and would maybe make some suggestions to her? And MFC would've probably asked the reporting person for screenshots. MFC isn't usually the type to just take some guy's word on it, and penalize a model for something without proof. That's a site that actually investigates things first, and goes about it the right way.

And I can't tell from your post if you meant that CB penalized the model for A) complaining about what CB put her through while she was currently broadcasting on CB? Or B) complaining here on ACF about what CB put her through, and someone read her post here and reported her?

If MFC were to reach out to the model with a concern, I seriously doubt they'd be cold about it and flat out suspend or ban the girl (like CB). If anything, I feel like they'd let the model know they've received a report, and would maybe make some suggestions to her? And MFC would've probably asked the reporting person for screenshots. MFC isn't usually the type to just take some guy's word on it, and penalize a model for something without proof. That's a site that actually investigates things first, and goes about it the right way.

And I can't tell from your post if you meant that CB penalized the model for A) complaining about what CB put her through while she was currently broadcasting on CB? Or B) complaining here on ACF about what CB put her through, and someone read her post here and reported her?

I'm not sure if she had already been a member of ACF before she had this issue or she became a member of ACF in order to get help reactivating her account in the CB section of this site.

But she had already been banned from CB when she complained about all the issues she was having trying to get her account reactivated.

In her post, she explained the whole thing.

I can't seem to find the thread, but while searching for it, I came across a couple more. One where the broadcaster expressed suicidal thoughts, and another where the broadcaster claimed it was because she broke down and cried while streaming.

Edit - Found the thread.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I have never seen CB respond to any request from any person in a way that shows compassion or understanding. Their first instinct in any situation is to ban the person - without proper explanation and without giving specific steps to remedy any violation - and then the problem usually ends up in a vague cloud for weeks.

I have never seen CB respond to any request from any person in a way that shows compassion or understanding. Their first instinct in any situation is to ban the person - without proper explanation and without giving specific steps to remedy any violation - and then the problem usually ends up in a vague cloud for weeks.

Yup, which is why I wouldn't go back on CB if they were the last remaining cam site on Earth.

@Life_Happens @sahi

I was looking for something else and found this little blurb on MV. It has more details about pineapple support;

"Yes! There is FREE 24/7 emotional support through a charity called Pineapple Support which specializes in supporting sex workers. Pineapple Support offers an online emotional support service allowing members and guests to anonymously connect with trained listeners in order to gain support for everyday issues, including mental health (this service is provided through a separate community through the company 7 Cups of Tea).

This service can be accessed 24 hours a day from your computer or mobile device. There will always be a caring, trained volunteer who genuinely wants to listen and support you without discrimination, judgment, or stigma.

Pineapple Support also offers therapy, counseling, and coaching: Pineapple Support believes that mental health care should be available to everyone, which is why they provide free and subsidized professional psychotherapy and mental health care to all professionals working in the adult industry who need it.

Pineapple Support's team of independent therapists are all sex-positive, kink aware and sex-worker friendly, and offer in-person therapy sessions where possible. Otherwise, sessions are held remotely via online vid platforms. They provide services without regard to age, profession, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation disability, or socioeconomic status.

MV Stars can access all the Pineapple Support services by visiting PineappleSupport.org.

Pineapple Support also has a profile page on ManyVids at PineappleYSW.ManyVids.com where you can discover more about this amazing organization and watch some free vids with both more info and some techniques for dealing with stress."

Actually PS is cooperating with Chaturbate. If to be specific CB is a regular spondor of PS hosting different "Ask a question to psychologist" for example. You can find this activity on their twitter page. But i wouldn't blame CB for no direct link to PS on the site - everybody mind their own business the way they want and they don't have to meet anyone's requirements. (But with much enthusiazm i'd blame on them for a slow or zero support work 🤣)

And yes, once again Pineapple Support is for helping actual or former sex workers (who were active within last 6 months).

Just a quick post to ask what if any procedures are in place on MFC for when a model is upset/in distress & talking about suicidal issues. I was in the room of a model I follow earlier & after a bit she started getting upset & talking about how she was at a psychiatric ward. She was also saying things like people should be able to take their own lives, while becoming emotional (not sure if she was talking about herself or making a general point). I haven't been in her room a huge amount of times, but this is the first time I've seen her like this, so hopefully she was just having a bad day.
First of all i'd check if it is real or just the way to express stress. People are not always doing what they are saying. Sometimes it's just a manipulation. And then if you still want to help - connect person to some service, like mentioned above. And don't forget to secure yourself from emotional involving and responsibility for someone else's life.

First of all i'd check if it is real or just the way to express stress. People are not always doing what they are saying. Sometimes it's just a manipulation. And then if you still want to help - connect person to some service, like mentioned above. And don't forget to secure yourself from emotional involving and responsibility for someone else's life.
This method of stress relief is not suitable for everyone. But you try, then unsubscribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.