AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are some studios hiding, or even lying, about where their models are from?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2022
I am good friends with a model who works in a studio. As per her contract, she broadcasts on 5 sites simultaneously. All 5 sites say she is in a certain Baltic country. (I follow her on SC.)
After chatting with her for a few months, I began to realize she didn't even speak the language of the country she was supposed to be in. I asked her directly and she said she only spoke one language. She uses a translator to English for chat.

That language is Pусский.

I thought it was odd, but brushed it off. Maybe she was a new immigrant.
We talk about lots of stuff... family, interests, recreation, etc. We have a good time. Until one day I asked how long she had been in that country. Smile disappeared. She wouldn't answer for half an hour. After I profusely apologized. she said she was not allowed to talk about it.

Why, would the studio, or maybe the site, allow her to talk about all sorts of personal stuff, but not about how long she had been in her location?

She was very cold for a while after that. So I did some digging. I started clicking on models in SC and CB who were from the same country as my friend. I quickly found out most of them spoke only Russian too and were obviously using translators. I also realized from looking closely at the rooms, i.e. the furniture, the floors, the curtains, that most of them were in the same studio. I even saw one using the same room that my friend sometimes uses.

I can only come up with two scenarios. One, a Russian company is renting a space in this Baltic studio and filling it with Russian models. For some reason they don't want the models to let on where they are really from, or ...
Two, the studio is actually in Russia, and the models are claiming to be from another country.

Why all the secrecy? Keep in mind this was going on before the invasion of Ukraine, so that is not it. Is this also violating the TOS of SC and CB? I don't understand. I would appreciate some thoughts on this matter.

(Btw, we are friends again. Just as long as certain subjects aren't brought up. :))

Now I am wondering if she had to leave Russia to get her job. She often tells me she wants to go back to Russia. No wonder it was a sore spot. Maybe there is recruiting going on here? (I feel bad now. I should apologize to her.)

Now I am wondering if she had to leave Russia to get her job. She often tells me she wants to go back to Russia. No wonder it was a sore spot. Maybe there is recruiting going on here? (I feel bad now. I should apologize to her.)
like the other poster has mentioned, lots of crackdowns on studios from the russian government. i've noticed lots of models who were once listed as russian slowly change into another slavic country on sites that have the ability to.

regardless why is her location so important? can you not achieve arousal without the proper latitude and longitude coordinates? quite frankly lots of models don't share their location or share a different one because of members who may have nefarious intentions or simply for privacy. this isn't just a studio thing. lots of independant models too don't share their correct location.

cammodels share enough as it is. lighten up on us. i wouldn't even bring it up again if it is a sore spot. you might end up getting banned. recommend apologizing with a tip and move on.

For real, you should just drop it. She could be located wherever for whatever reason and it really doesn't concern you. And honestly, the time to let it go was when you first saw her get uncomfortable with your question.

like the other poster has mentioned, lots of crackdowns on studios from the russian government. i've noticed lots of models who were once listed as russian slowly change into another slavic country on sites that have the ability to.

regardless why is her location so important? can you not achieve arousal without the proper latitude and longitude coordinates? quite frankly lots of models don't share their location or share a different one because of members who may have nefarious intentions or simply for privacy. this isn't just a studio thing. lots of independant models too don't share their correct location.

cammodels share enough as it is. lighten up on us. i wouldn't even bring it up again if it is a sore spot. you might end up getting banned. recommend apologizing with a tip and move on.
I appreciate the reply. I will take your advice. Believe me, I was just curious and wanted to make sure she was okay. I will certainly apologize and tip.

To hide personal information, such as - name, city, country, is in my opinion the first necessity for girls working in this field. You can never be completely sure who is talking to you on the other end. Hiding personal data will help to avoid situations with blackmail, threats, the risk of being killed or raped. It also helps to reduce the risk of being arrested if the girl works from country where such activities are prohibited by law. This is especially important for those girls who are just starting to work here and are not sure how long they will stay, who have to hide their occupation from relatives and friends. You can be a really kind, honest and open person, but it's best for her if she doesn't talk too much about her location.

i've noticed lots of models who were once listed as russian slowly change into another slavic country on sites that have the ability to.
I *think* some of the Russian-speaking Ukrainian (and perhaps Belarusian) models have used the Russian flag as some kind of language or cultural indicator in the past, but that's now pretty much fallen out of fashion (to be diplomatic about it). I mean, if a model was physically located in Ukraine or Belarus (or Finland or Norway for that matter, having quite a few Russian immigrants), working for an underground-ish studio and sporting a Russian flag on the profile, the Russian police couldn't really touch you.

Whatever the case, asking a slav about nationality tends to yield very complicated answers, just like Americans often say they're Irish, Italian, German, Mexican, Scottish or Puertorican or whatever else you can think of.

On cam sites it's anyway a subject best left alone.

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
Whatever the case, asking a slav about nationality tends to yield very complicated answers, just like Americans often say they're Irish, Italian, German, Mexican, Scottish or Puertorican or whatever else you can think of.
im sorry but i dont understand why its complicated when asking about nationality. because nationality is what nation you reside in/align yourself to politcaly. if anything ethnicity is the cultural roots that you inherited from birth. i understand it maybe complicated for people who are from a country where their original ethnicity is from. lots of people are proud of their ethnic heritage even if it is vast.

and puerto ricans are american. puerto rico is an american territory.

because nationality is what nation you reside in/align yourself to politcaly.
... which *is* a complicated thing across most of Europe. The continent is already a patchwork of tiny, small, medium sized and vast nations, and more are in the pipeline. Borders are moving all the time and people drag their culture and language from one end of Europe to the other constantly. I'm a citizen of two *very* dissimilar nations myself. Where I reside rn is just my address for tax purposes and takeout delivery.

Bit we're probably veering off topic here ...

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
... which *is* a complicated thing across most of Europe. The continent is already a patchwork of tiny, small, medium sized and vast nations, and more are in the pipeline. Borders are moving all the time and people drag their culture and language from one end of Europe to the other constantly. I'm a citizen of two *very* dissimilar nations myself. Where I reside rn is just my address for tax purposes and takeout delivery.

Bit we're probably veering off topic here ...
idk i believe its only complicated if someone makes it so. in america our generational history can be traced a couple hundred, whereas in old-world countries, that generational history is traced for thousands of years. so understand. i also understand humans are migratory creators and have been moving for hundreds and thousands of years. ethnic heritage and nationality aren't always the same.

To hide personal information, such as - name, city, country, is in my opinion the first necessity for girls working in this field....

I think it often goes the other way too. An older friend of mine knows a model in real life. They take their dogs to a park to play and hang out together with coffee and have lunch sometimes. He's never seen her online and I'm sure he wouldn't want to.

Reactions: Kathrynne
Okay, the saga continues, and now I am really pissed. I guess I came across as creepy in my OP, and I kind of understand why. My model friend told me I could be banned and she could be fined for the content in some of our conversations. So I stopped. I was honestly just concerned and confused. It certainly is none of my business where she broadcasts from. Now I have a good idea of where I can and cannot go, and I always tip her very well for the PM's. I was just confused by the way she shared so much but suddenly reacted so strongly to what I thought was an innocent question. I am also genuinely concerned about her safety, but she assures me she is okay, even if she can't talk about it. I am happy with that. I guess I have to be.

HOWEVER, something happened that really bothered me. Another client she considers a friend, whom she has been friends with for over a year, was banned and she was fined. (Yes, she talks to me about other client friends). He discovered some of her Private shows posted on a site. (Camwhores?) She only goes nude in PVT, and these were clearly posted without her permission. He informed her and expressed his concern. He was worried for her. He was banned for this!

Wtf? He was just trying to help! She is upset, as she really liked him. Why would a site do that? (Actually, was it the site or studio? I am not sure if studios can ban users.) So, I get it, I get it. Leave personal stuff well enough alone. I get that rules exist to protect the models. I have backed completely off. But this I don't get.

Camwhores is a whitelabel of streamate so for clips/profiles to be on there she must be a member of streamate. It's against stripchat rules to talk about other cam sites, has he been banned from the site all together or just her page? SC tend to warn customers in a first instance with this ind of infraction. I don't know for certain but if the model has been fined by her studio I would imagine it's because the she's working independently on SM and her studio are taking a dim view of it being mentioned in her SC account.

Reactions: melanieoncam
Camwhores is a whitelabel of streamate so for clips/profiles to be on there she must be a member of streamate. It's against stripchat rules to talk about other cam sites, has he been banned from the site all together or just her page? SC tend to warn customers in a first instance with this ind of infraction. I don't know for certain but if the model has been fined by her studio I would imagine it's because the she's working independently on SM and her studio are taking a dim view of it being mentioned in her SC account.
She streams on 5 sites, and yes, one of them is Streamate. A couple of things here. She used the word "blocked", not banned. That's my bad. He may just be blocked from her page, and yes, it looks like it is because he mentioned another site. Why the studio fined her, I do not know, and now I can't, and won't, ask her. I have never asked her for her email, phone, or any social media, but I know her studio is very strict about giving out personal info like that, so it might be along those lines.

As for the videos that were posted on Camwhores, it says on what sites they were recorded. Oddly, they are from CB and SC, not SM. It also has the user names of the people that uploaded them. My friend does not often allow recorded privates, but she will occasionally do so for users that she knows and who will pay extra tokens for it. So, they may not have been recorded illegally, but regardless, I think it is a dick move to upload them even if they were paid for. I don't know a lot about SM, but I have heard they don't use the token system, so I don't know how that may affect any of this. Interestingly, she told me she is temporarily not streaming on SM right now.

I was going to give ger some DMCA tips, (she is protected) and tell her the names of the users that uploaded videos of her, but under the present circumstances, I am going to drop it. She says she doesn't want me to be involved in this matter anyway, and I will respect her wishes. Looking back, we have discussed other sites in PM on SC, and that is probably why she told me I could get banned and she could get fined. It looks like I am on thin ice here too, so I am going to stop with all of this and go back to being a loyal, supportive customer who takes her in private a lot, treats her respectfully, and tips her well.

Last edited:
I was going to give ger some DMCA tips. (she is protected) and tell her the names of the users that uploaded videos of her, but under the present circumstances, I am going to drop it. She says she doesn't want me to be involved in this matter anyway, and I will respect her wishes. Looking back, we have discussed other sites in PM on SC, and that is probably why she told me I could get banned and she could get fined. It looks like I am on thin ice here too, so I am going to stop with all of this and go back to being a loyal, supportive customer who takes her in private a lot, treats her respectfully, and tips her well.
as far as i know dmca applies only to websites hosted in the united states

On another look i can see there is more than 1 camwhores and from what you've said I'm going to guess it's not in fact the white label as i thought but one of the many pirate/affiliate sites. It can get a bit complicated because when signing up to a cam site you're agreeing for them to use your pics/clips/shows for marketing which in some cases means let's say CB, running sites that appear to be full of pirated material with the aim of driving traffic to the main site. I've never worked for studio but I would imagine they have similar clauses about using your content to promote you. Of course obviously there are sites out there where customers upload content they've stolen and I think mrbee is right about dcma being US cenric so with all things considered it's pretty hard to get content removed.

You've said it yourself though, take a step back and just support her in the simplest way. Everything else could get messy quickly.

Reactions: Nienna
... I guess I came across as creepy in my OP, and I kind of understand why...

Just clueless is more like how you came off to me at least. I get it that you were concerned and curious.

It's just that, for lack of a better way of saying it, some things are just common sense not a good idea to ask too many questions about.

I helped so many models on official channels, without being a white knight, or a savior.
Knowing where they are was for the purpose of getting them paid, not for the purpose of going into their personal lives.
I can barely keep my own relationships functioning, why the hell would I wanna preach a model or a studio?

Reactions: NotYou
Just clueless is more like how you came off to me at least. I get it that you were concerned and curious.

It's just that, for lack of a better way of saying it, some things are just common sense not a good idea to ask too many questions about.
Well, I appreciate your honesty and candor Thank you.

Looking back, I regret the title of my thread. OF COURSE, models hide where they are from! Duh! My bad. I really messed up what I really meant to say.

Because camming is illegal in Russia and Ukraine. So why openly say where are you from as this can potentially harm you?

Most important question is as to why you need to know 100% correctly where is model exactly? I never understood this, will your cock go limp without this info?
I completely understand this now. No, I do not need to know her exact location. Honestly, I never actually asked her what country she was in. I just found it interesting that she didn't speak the language of the country her profile says she's in. I got used to having great conversations with her in PM, (which I tip for), where we discuss all sorts of things, including our lives. One day we discussed how hard it would be to live in a country and not speak the language, and I asked her how long she had been in her country. That is when her demeanor abruptly changed. She said she wasn't allowed to talk about it and got really cold for quite a while. I never asked her where she lived. I never asked for an email, a phone number, or any social media. I never asked to communicate outside SC, or even expressed fantasies about meeting up. I guess I wandered into a forbidden area unknowingly. We have since established boundaries, as I have explained in other posts. It's my bad, I should have expressed myself more clearly. Not much of an excuse, but I was upset, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozzie_
Well, I appreciate your honesty and candor Thank you.
Looking back, I regret the title of my thread. OF COURSE, models hide where they are from! Duh! My bad. I really messed up what I really meant to say.

Ouch, I'm sorry, my replies are sometimes laconic but I didn't mean to be brusque.

But it's clear that your intentions were good and you weren't aware of the legal status of adult webcamming in some countries in addition to normal security concerns. Just to give an analogy, if you were a bookmaker in a country where it's illegal, you would be touchy about discussing your back office processes or the arrangements you make as a cost of doing business. Or if you have a legal weed dispensary in the US, you still are going to be tight-lipped about supply chain management and banking matters. But I trust you get the picture now.

Reactions: Nienna
Status
Not open for further replies.