AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Bitcoin as payment method

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2021
Hi again, I'm sorry if this questions is dumb, I tried to read about it, but for some reason,
I still don't understand.
I don't have any type of bitcoin account, but I'm starting to think that maybe it will be the best method of payment for me.
Easypay and paxum seems like bad payment methods.

So the main questions is:
How do I start with bitcoin?
Is it cost money to open account?
-I read that I can later, convert it to money using paypal- is it right?
Any other advice, will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance, this community is amazing 💚

Hi again, I'm sorry if this questions is dumb, I tried to read about it, but for some reason,
I still don't understand.
I don't have any type of bitcoin account, but I'm starting to think that maybe it will be the best method of payment for me.
Easypay and paxum seems like bad payment methods.

So the main questions is:
How do I start with bitcoin?
Is it cost money to open account?
-I read that I can later, convert it to money using paypal- is it right?
Any other advice, will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance, this community is amazing 💚
I love taking my payments in bitcoin.

First thing you need to start taking payments in bitcoin is a bitcoin wallet, which one is going to be best for you depends on what you are going to do with it after you get paid and how much you are expecting the payments to be.

If you want a debit card the best option is crypto.com.

crypto.com will send you a free debit card, you get addresses for 100's of different cryptos that you and then use to top up the debit card (not 100% sure but I think ukraine would get a euro card) so you would have exchange fees at the atm. There are some limits on withdrawal amounts, you get the first 250euros (i think, been a while since I checked) withdrawal free and then its like 1% for anything over the 250. They also have paid cards that give you higher limits and other benefits like free spotify, free netflix etc

If you plan to hold some of it as bitcoin, then I would recommend nexo (as long as it's not like all of your savings because there is risk) when you hold 10% of nexo tokens you get 8% interest per year on bitcoin holdings and 12% (when you get the interest paid in nexo token) which is paid daily along with free transactions.
If you want to get paid in bitcoin and hold it as bitcoin then look at hardware wallets, they are around $100 but it's the safest way to store crypto. The second best option would be a software wallet like exodus, but when you want to move it from any wallet you do need to pay the transaction fee to the network to send it.

If you dont need to move the money after receiving it I would say get paid in USDC if that's an option, it's a fixed $1 price so you arnt having the minor ups and downs of bitcoin pricing.

Personally I use nexo and crypto.com

I'm not sure about the paypal thing, I dont use paypal anymore but from what I remember when they launched you went able to send or receive crypto from outside of paypal (it had to be someone with bitcoin in their paypal account that they bought through paypal that sends it to you) that might have changed since they first launched it though.

If you have anymore questions feel free to DM me.

First thing you need to start taking payments in bitcoin is a bitcoin wallet, which one is going to be best for you depends on what you are going to do with it after you get paid and how much you are expecting the payments to be.

crypto.com will send you a free debit card, you get addresses for 100's of different cryptos that you and then use to top up the debit card (not 100% sure but I think ukraine would get a euro card) so you would have exchange fees at the atm. There are some limits on withdrawal amounts, you get the first 250euros (i think, been a while since I checked) withdrawal free and then its like 1% for anything over the 250. They also have paid cards that give you higher limits and other benefits like free spotify, free netflix etc

If you plan to hold some of it as bitcoin, then I would recommend nexo (as long as it's not like all of your savings because there is risk) when you hold 10% of nexo tokens you get 8% interest per year on bitcoin holdings and 12% (when you get the interest paid in nexo token) which is paid daily along with free transactions.
If you want to get paid in bitcoin and hold it as bitcoin then look at hardware wallets, they are around $100 but it's the safest way to store crypto. The second best option would be a software wallet like exodus, but when you want to move it from any wallet you do need to pay the transaction fee to the network to send it.

If you dont need to move the money after receiving it I would say get paid in USDC if that's an option, it's a fixed $1 price so you arnt having the minor ups and downs of bitcoin pricing.

I'm not sure about the paypal thing, I dont use paypal anymore but from what I remember when they launched you went able to send or receive crypto from outside of paypal (it had to be someone with bitcoin in their paypal account that they bought through paypal that sends it to you) that might have changed since they first launched it though.

Big Thanks for your detailed answer 🙏
I'll read about the wallets you mentioned.

@KingMarti - I have been wanting to ask you this for a while... Do you have a recommendation if I want to use crypto to get paid from a company like XVideos and then move it to my US bank account.

I am almost at the crypto payout amount there, and don't want to wait forever until I reach the wire transfer payout amount.

@KingMarti - I have been wanting to ask you this for a while... Do you have a recommendation if I want to use crypto to get paid from a company like XVideos and then move it to my US bank account.

I am almost at the crypto payout amount there, and don't want to wait forever until I reach the wire transfer payout amount.
You can withdrawl to a bank account through crypto.com (you have to make a small deposit first, like $5 or $10 or something to verify the account, they only allow outgoing payments to accounts that have been linked). you could also do an atm withdrawal with their debit card and then just deposit the cash

You could also use coinbase, not sure what their policy's are or their fee structure since I dont use them, but I know a couple of miners that get paid directly to coinbase so I cant imagine its going to be that bad.

Nexo also allows you to sell for usd and send it out to a bank account but same as crypto you need to verify the account first.
Should have added links in the previous post:

crypto.com
Nexo
Coinbase
Hardware Wallet
Exodus Wallet (if you want to own your wallet (100% control over the funds since theres no 3rd party involved)

I will say if you are using a wallet like exodus wallet, dont make the mistake I made and have it on a machine that is always on...long story short someone got access to my pc and emptied my wallet (wasnt a great amount at the time, only like $150, but it was a lesson learned well 😂 ) Also dosnt store the key on your system, write it on paper, but it somewhere safe if you need to re-install your wallet or set it up on another device then you will need it to get access. Remember crypto is 1 way transactions so if someone gets your key they have your funds and once they leave the wallet theres no way to get them back.

ETA: if you are buying a hardware wallet through amazon make sure its the vendor that's selling it and not a 3rd party (the one I linked to should be sold by ledger). A 3rd party seller could have taken down the keys to the wallet before selling it on, then just has to wait for it to be filled up before he empties it.

Also different us states have different laws around crypto, so you might find that some services you dont get full functionality...vpn will solve that issue though ;)

Reactions: SandraVal
You can withdrawl to a bank account through crypto.com (you have to make a small deposit first, like $5 or $10 or something to verify the account, they only allow outgoing payments to accounts that have been linked). you could also do an atm withdrawal with their debit card and then just deposit the cash

You could also use coinbase, not sure what their policy's are or their fee structure since I dont use them, but I know a couple of miners that get paid directly to coinbase so I cant imagine its going to be that bad.

Nexo also allows you to sell for usd and send it out to a bank account but same as crypto you need to verify the account first.
Should have added links in the previous post:

crypto.com
Nexo
Coinbase
Hardware Wallet
Exodus Wallet (if you want to own your wallet (100% control over the funds since theres no 3rd party involved)

I will say if you are using a wallet like exodus wallet, dont make the mistake I made and have it on a machine that is always on...long story short someone got access to my pc and emptied my wallet (wasnt a great amount at the time, only like $150, but it was a lesson learned well 😂 ) Also dosnt store the key on your system, write it on paper, but it somewhere safe if you need to re-install your wallet or set it up on another device then you will need it to get access. Remember crypto is 1 way transactions so if someone gets your key they have your funds and once they leave the wallet theres no way to get them back.

ETA: if you are buying a hardware wallet through amazon make sure its the vendor that's selling it and not a 3rd party (the one I linked to should be sold by ledger). A 3rd party seller could have taken down the keys to the wallet before selling it on, then just has to wait for it to be filled up before he empties it.

Also different us states have different laws around crypto, so you might find that some services you dont get full functionality...vpn will solve that issue though ;)
Awesome, thank you so much for all of your help!

Reactions: KingMarti
Status
Not open for further replies.