AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

need help with instagram, kinda lost

• Thread starter Deleted member 57737
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57737

I'm stupid when it comes to social media, because I actually hate it, still I need it.

I need to maintain multiple personalities in the internet because all my social media up to this point is connected with my music. I dont use it for private communication, only for promotion of my music. So the other day I made an instagram account for following some models and was surprised that suddenly some old friends and followers of my music started to follow me there. I guess it had something to do that I was logged into google while registering to insta or whatever. It would be a very bad Idea to mix the music promotion with the model following. So I will use the existing account for my music stuff and stop anything model related there.

now,

I need a second insta account for da modlz :) and when I start modeling again to promote that. This account has to be completely disconnected to everything else I do on the internet.

How can do that? is it enough to just log off of everything or use a browser in private mode to register in insta?

all tips will be helpful, also pointers to other threads or internet resources, thanks in advance!

Here's some Sex Worker privacy tips for Social Media as a lot of our Chathosts who work on Arousr are incognito when it comes to how they promote themselves outside of our platform and prefer keeping their cam side secret from their personal profiles online

- Create a SW friendly Google account and link that to your new Social Account instead of your current one(s)
- Stay in your new SW friendly Google account browser when posting and logging into said Social Accounts
- Keep all the pics you use to promote yourself only on your SW account. To avoid reverse image searching, create SW only pics/videos that you do not post outside of your SW account
- Use a different name, it may seem obvious but having your SW name totally different than any other alias/names you may be associated with day to day online really helps
- Consider wearing a wig (or multiple hair units), this can totally transform you from your everyday civilian style into your Camgirl role (which also helps you get into playing up your roleplay)

We hope this helps!

I'm stupid when it comes to social media, because I actually hate it, still I need it.

I need to maintain multiple personalities in the internet because all my social media up to this point is connected with my music. I dont use it for private communication, only for promotion of my music. So the other day I made an instagram account for following some models and was surprised that suddenly some old friends and followers of my music started to follow me there. I guess it had something to do that I was logged into google while registering to insta or whatever. It would be a very bad Idea to mix the music promotion with the model following. So I will use the existing account for my music stuff and stop anything model related there.

now,

I need a second insta account for da modlz :) and when I start modeling again to promote that. This account has to be completely disconnected to everything else I do on the internet.

How can do that? is it enough to just log off of everything or use a browser in private mode to register in insta?

all tips will be helpful, also pointers to other threads or internet resources, thanks in advance!

A few tips:

- Create a new email first (use only for models stuff).
- Create the models-centric IG account tied to that new email only
- decline to add a phone number to your account if at all possible
- set the account to private
- Go into your IG account preferences and settings before you do anything else… ensure IG is not allowed to access your contacts, is disconnected from your Facebook or other IG accounts, and disable anything resembling the ability to be “found” (via friends that have once been in communication with your email, phone, etc. even if it’s not in their contacts… the platform may still try to impose a connection via “recommendation”)

This is not an exhaustive list, but just the basics.

Here's some Sex Worker privacy tips for Social Media as a lot of our Chathosts who work on Arousr are incognito when it comes to how they promote themselves outside of our platform and prefer keeping their cam side secret from their personal profiles online

- Create a SW friendly Google account and link that to your new Social Account instead of your current one(s)
- Stay in your new SW friendly Google account browser when posting and logging into said Social Accounts
- Keep all the pics you use to promote yourself only on your SW account. To avoid reverse image searching, create SW only pics/videos that you do not post outside of your SW account
- Use a different name, it may seem obvious but having your SW name totally different than any other alias/names you may be associated with day to day online really helps
- Consider wearing a wig (or multiple hair units), this can totally transform you from your everyday civilian style into your Camgirl role (which also helps you get into playing up your roleplay)

We hope this helps!
All good tips (especially the reverse image seasrch one) but I don't think the person posting is a model? They're a fan looking to make sure that people who follow their professional/music stuff don't find out they're following sex workers.

To the OP:

Instagram can do some really dodgy shit. For example, years ago I had a facebook account and buried in there was my phone number. Like wayy buried. But because it was tied to facebook and facebook is tied to instagram people who had my personal # in my contacts were being suggested me as a friend on instagram even tho the accounts had different emails etc and were not supposed to be tied together. It's really tough to keep it all separate. I don't have a ton of advice -my solution was to remove my personal facebook. Just do be careful... these companies like to link everything

Last edited:
I use Brave browser which has the option of making separate and unconnected profiles with different histories, saved info and all that. I also have two profiles setup on my phone (not sure if that can be done on iOS), with the 2nd one not having access to my contacts and a bunch of other features, you can't even access files saved on different profiles on the phone. My phone browsers for each profile, also Brave, are synced to the profiles on my laptop. Just make sure when setting up your accounts you use a completely different email. For Instagram specifically when you setup your account make sure to disable contact syncing, and disable contact and location permissions.

If you want to go a step further you could also just find everyone you know on IG and block them with your new account, and the app will do a good job of making it as if you don't exist to them.

Yaay, thanks so much everyone, thats great tips all along!

Here's some Sex Worker privacy tips
wound it be even better to create an email account from another service outside google?
Please create a business page for your music activity
I did that on fb so far and I'm using my private fb account only to manage the music page. but through that the connection to my private google account is made and I think I have to change that by maybe ditching the fb music page and create a new one disconnected to the private one.. I also own the domain with the name of my music stuff but can't afford a proper web designer right now but soon I can I hope. So what I'm looking at is a complete reordering of my social channels. And this is the best time for that because after corona and what it did to the music scene a restart is necessary anyway.
A few tips:

- Create a new email first (use only for models stuff).
- Create the models-centric IG account tied to that new email only
- decline to add a phone number to your account if at all possible
- set the account to private
- Go into your IG account preferences and settings before you do anything else… ensure IG is not allowed to access your contacts, is disconnected from your Facebook or other IG accounts, and disable anything resembling the ability to be “found” (via friends that have once been in communication with your email, phone, etc. even if it’s not in their contacts… the platform may still try to impose a connection via “recommendation”)

This is not an exhaustive list, but just the basics.
thanks, I keep that at hand,
To the OP:

Instagram can do some really dodgy shit. For example, years ago I had a facebook account and buried in there was my phone number. Like wayy buried. But because it was tied to facebook and facebook is tied to instagram people who had my personal # in my contacts were being suggested me as a friend on instagram even tho the accounts had different emails etc and were not supposed to be tied together. It's really tough to keep it all separate. I don't have a ton of advice -my solution was to remove my personal facebook. Just do be careful... these companies like to link everything
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. I hate that. In social media the user is the product.
Id really like to have a kind of overview of social media companies and their ties, who owns what etc.
Brave browser
now THAT sound interestig, will definitely dig deeper, thanks

Just to be clear, when you have a business page, no one can see your private profile as the admin under page transparency. Regarding your Google account, you can use it in one of the most powerful social media networks in the world that's owned by Google - Youtube.
I think that with a standard gantt of organic content, you can grow slowly and steadily with digital assets that don't require you to expose your private activity in here or anywhere else. You can use a new gmail account for your Youtube channel etc. Look at the advantage, you know how to use a camera, stream, and how to use 3 point lighting in your home. Feel free to ask about keyword research for organic exposure on Youtube. It's only a part of what I actually do for a living (3 years in PPC and SEO). So with that being said, I'm not gonna send you off to buy any domain names or storage yet. Peace:)

Status
Not open for further replies.