AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The (negative?) impact of regular big spenders in rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2020
So I have my room that I stick with on Chaturbate.
For some months now there's been a guy visiting almost every night and he's spending insane amounts.
One of the highest spenders on the whole site.

Since he started coming I have seen a lot of other regulars visiting a lot less or even stopped showing up at all.
Some of them have expressed that they are annoyed by the attention that they feel like he gets or that they feel like what they have to offer is embarrassing compared to his tips.
This seem to have resulted in a room were only this guy is tipping like crazy and everyone else is leaning back and enjoying the show or fuel their hate in silence.
The model is obviously making pretty good money but she is annoyed by the inactivity of the other guys in the room.
Personally I am still tipping but I am starting to feel like having both this guy tipping tons and the other guys still being active is close to impossible.

Have you guys experienced something similiar?
How would you feel as a viewer or a model in this scenario?

Reactions: babykalina
have you guys tried tipping more?

Even though it's important to make money, it would still bother me if people were no longer comfortable chatting with me. I really wish that members would realize that us models on token sites would like for members to CHAT and TIP us. Just because some other guy is tipping way more doesn't mean everyone else should just stop tipping completely either. Even though you may not be able to tell...some of those big tippers are actually annoyed by the fact that they're the only one doing all the tipping (I've had tippers tell me that it annoys them that they're the only tipper...and then of course hearing that makes me feel bad).

I understand the problem because it is an ego thing. Some cannot afford to tip a lot. I know a guy who tips a lot. 50,000 tokens in one shot. More than once. But everyone loves him in the room I frequent. Personally I get very bored when not tipping.

But the model is there to earn so good for her if she found a whale. But at the end of the day, every token counts.

If this happened in my friend's room, I wouldn't let it bother me. I would just watch her enjoy the money, and I would continue doing what I normally do. I certainly wouldn't try and compete, and nor would I feel obligated to. (She would probably give me shit for trying to, anyway! :) ) It is a good thing, enjoy it with her.

Whales come and go.
If viewers bail out over feeling butthurt over the attention the whale gets, and don't feel glad that the model is doing well, perhaps they need to question why they were regulars before the whale showed up.
Best advice in that scenario you described - you do you, and don't let what another user does affect your usual tipping habits.

It's all about attention really. Guys like to see boobs and all, but at the end of the day they just want some attention from a pretty model. If that attention is taken away by a whale, they give up. All 3 parties need to change how they handle this: The model should evenly devide her attention to ALL tippers and the big and small tippers should communicate with eachother to get a more relaxed atmosphere in the room.
I don't know what's going on in this particular room, but it seems at least one group is not doing their part.

The model should evenly devide her attention to ALL tippers
Gotta disagree with that part. Sure, acknowledge all of them. But someone who spends pennies isn't paying for the same experience as someone who spends more. It makes sense for time/attention to be given in scale with spending. That is the product being sold.

If this happened in my friend's room, I wouldn't let it bother me. I would just watch her enjoy the money, and I would continue doing what I normally do. I certainly wouldn't try and compete, and nor would I feel obligated to. (She would probably give me shit for trying to, anyway! :) ) It is a good thing, enjoy it with her.
Happened with my model friend the other night. A guy came into the room, said nothing and then took her exclusive for a long time. I certainly gave up trying to return after an hour or more and went to bed. I just sent her a private message saying goodnight and telling her how pleased I was for her that she'd got such a long exclusive. She's not cheap so an exclusive for that long would have made a big difference to her take home pay. I certainly can't afford to compete with that but that's not the role I perform in our friendship. If you care about someone then I guess you celebrate their successes and good fortune.

It's all about attention really. Guys like to see boobs and all, but at the end of the day they just want some attention from a pretty model. If that attention is taken away by a whale, they give up. All 3 parties need to change how they handle this: The model should evenly devide her attention to ALL tippers and the big and small tippers should communicate with eachother to get a more relaxed atmosphere in the room.
I don't know what's going on in this particular room, but it seems at least one group is not doing their part.
Got to point out that not everyone plays nice. that's life. you can't control anyone else's behaviour but your own.
In my experience (for what that is worth, I'm no veteran user), like all types of viewers, some whales are really nice folk and happy to engage, let others have their time, etc. and others enjoy the conflict their presence brings to a room.
Perhaps the boredom sets in once they've achieved disruption, and that's when they move on, but I'm sure there are other reasons.
When regulars allow a whale to drive them away because of hurt feelings, ultimately the model suffers.

You shouldn't let your ego get hurt because someone can tip more than you. As a model, I appreciate everyone in my room, because if you tip, that means you like something that you see, or that you want to see something more. As said earlier, whales come and go, but people that are with you for months or even years are very rare. If you like a model, support it the way you can, without comparing yourself to what the biggest tipper does. In the end, you want her to make money, right? Or do you just want to have her attention with your tips and someone is stealing your shine?

Happened with my model friend the other night. A guy came into the room, said nothing and then took her exclusive for a long time. I certainly gave up trying to return after an hour or more and went to bed. I just sent her a private message saying goodnight and telling her how pleased I was for her that she'd got such a long exclusive. She's not cheap so an exclusive for that long would have made a big difference to her take home pay. I certainly can't afford to compete with that but that's not the role I perform in our friendship. If you care about someone then I guess you celebrate their successes and good fortune.

Yes I am a bit like that too. When I see that someone I like gets lots big tips and long private shows I am genuinely happy for her and I also send some congratulations PMs and chat a bit about it sometimes. Even if I realize that the money someone just spent on her is well beyond what would be possible for me, I am still happy for the difference it just made for her income.

Reactions: misterical
So I have my room that I stick with on Chaturbate.
For some months now there's been a guy visiting almost every night and he's spending insane amounts.
One of the highest spenders on the whole site.

Since he started coming I have seen a lot of other regulars visiting a lot less or even stopped showing up at all.
Some of them have expressed that they are annoyed by the attention that they feel like he gets or that they feel like what they have to offer is embarrassing compared to his tips.
This seem to have resulted in a room were only this guy is tipping like crazy and everyone else is leaning back and enjoying the show or fuel their hate in silence.
The model is obviously making pretty good money but she is annoyed by the inactivity of the other guys in the room.
Personally I am still tipping but I am starting to feel like having both this guy tipping tons and the other guys still being active is close to impossible.

Have you guys experienced something similiar?
How would you feel as a viewer or a model in this scenario?
Personally, I hate it when there’s only one guy tipping and the rest just sit back and enjoy the show… or fueling their anger as you put it lol.

I love big spenders and I can assure you, so is every model. But on the other hand, there is that little fact when they “ Hijack” the whole room and nobody else feels the need to chip in.

From what I’ve seen, being I haven’t been a cam model that long, is that mostly big spenders don’t stick to one room for long time. They can stay for a few days, weeks or a few months and move on to another model. So, and this is my point of view, I’d love to have a big spender and all, but I’d still would much rather have a room full of people who tip regardless how much 10, 20, 100 tks continuously throughout the whole time I’m there, than someone who will make it rain for a few days, pissing others off in the process, and then leave, leaving me to have to start picking up the pieces from scratch.

Still, big spenders are welcome with both arms, just hoping they won’t piss off other members. It would be great if big spenders would try to blend in? So to speak.

Match others in a way… like a team player. If someone tips 100, match it… or raise it to 200 so it becomes like a pretty little, happy time for the model.

MY HOPEFUL THOUGHTS.

Match others in a way… like a team player. If someone tips 100, match it… or raise it to 200 so it becomes like a pretty little, happy time for the model.
I defer to models for their views on this, but as a tipper, whenever somebody else does this, it does tend to feel like they are competing with you.
Not that this changes what I do with my tokens, but it can feel like they are just trying the 'anything you can do, I can do better....' approach

I defer to models for their views on this, but as a tipper, whenever somebody else does this, it does tend to feel like they are competing with you.
Not that this changes what I do with my tokens, but it can feel like they are just trying the 'anything you can do, I can do better....' approach

The competition part of does not always feel like something that everyone wants to participate in. But I have seen in some rooms for example on Stripchat it tends to become a kind of competition to become today's king by tipping and spinning the fortune wheel etc etc. It kind of depends on the "mood" in the room and what kind of viewers are there.

I hope I don't make people feel uncomfortable when I do this. I'm a regular in one room and it's no secret I'm the models biggest tipper by a wide margin. I try to engage with everyone. Me and her other regulars get along well. I do try to not let freeloaders ride my coattails though. It is frustrating when no one else seems to want to participate in goals. So I don't just clear the goals all at once. I tip a little here and there. Or I tip in pvt if I want something. And when another so call whale wants attention I just let them do their thing.

That being said she is always appreciative of every tip. While she probably gives me a little more attention than others she isn't ignoring everyone else. Also if she sees I'm really the only one tipping for a goal she will usually turn it off and just send me a video later.

I have been on both sides of this one

There is a model who I started tipping a lot. The reason had nothing to do with any other user, it was pretty simple - she had a great flow of goals that built and built and it was incredibly hot to watch her work through the sequence (which took about an hour). At first I intended to be a "team player," but honestly it got frustrating because other users just didn't want to tip enough to make it happen. So I just kind of went into it assuming I'd be the one to get her through the sequence by myself if needed. I tried things like stopping tipping 10 tokens or so before a goal to see if somebody else wanted to do the honors, but usually that didn't happen. Honestly it got kind of fun because I'd look at the next goal at (for example) 450 tokens and try to figure out the most fun way to get there from the tip menu - I'd usually just PM the model and ask what she was in the mood for. I don't know if I had a negative impact on other tippers or not. I try to hang back if I see another user starting to tip so he can have his moment because obviously it is better for the model to not be dependent on one tipper

On the other side, I do find that I may not tip as much if someone is dropping a lot of tips fast - I just feel like the tip gets lost if it is in the middle of a tipstorm that has the model doing a bunch of stuff. But I try to make a point of tipping once the activity dies down

Yeah. There is a guy in her CB room that takes her for long privates, and then comes in public chat and laughs because he has"taken her away" from other members. I just find it amusing. If she is in a long private, I am happy for her. It has no impact whatsoever on my relationship with the model. I know she will always talk to me at a later time. It is funny though, how some guys see it as a competition.

Yeah. There is a guy in her CB room that takes her for long privates, and then comes in public chat and laughs because he has"taken her away" from other members. I just find it amusing. If she is in a long private, I am happy for her. It has no impact whatsoever on my relationship with the model. I know she will always talk to me at a later time. It is funny though, how some guys see it as a competition.
I think some of these whales do get off on doing shit like that. Lol. Like I care. Go ahead buddy. Have your fun.

I've also played along with other random big tippers. The ones who like to outdo everyone. Lol. I'll keep just out tipping them and stealing the room king spot. Just to push them a bit more. I'll usually Bow out and let them win. So they keep coming back. Lol

i personally like to send this to the members who complain about whales getting more attention than them:

even if they have a job. its not our fault members dont have the budget to tip more, and if they want, maybe its time to look for a better paying job or a second one to maintain their entertainment bill.

cammodels are luxury services. of course, all tipping is appreciated, but if someone tips more, they will be appreciated more. like i get its a man thing to want to be a "provider" but it's hella weird to get all egotistical because someone else can provide more. at stripclubs, dancers usually pay more attention to the guy making it rain on stage than the dude throwing a single during each song. basically low-rent furniture.

I have had other regulars pmimg me worried that my tipping just promotes freeloaders too. That's why I don't just clear goals anymore.
I mean, I hear that, but that’s what freeloaders will do anyway - most of them go room to room looking for models in the middle of action. I don’t let them affect me in any way, they are just there. The way I see it at least the model is getting paid her preferred rate for her services. So what if some jokers are watching for free, you can’t stop it

If you are not completing goals just because of freeloaders than aren't you penalizing the model a little bit? She is getting less money, or getting it slower which hurts her opportunity for her overall stream profitability. If you clear the goals she can get more goals in, some of which might appeal to some folks who otherwise were not tipping.

Last edited:
From a models perspective I do not care whether the tokens come from 1 individual or 10 or 20. During a month, at least a few big spenders will come into my room and "overtip" me. A professional model will know not to get too carried away with a whale. Pinning all your hopes on one customer is risky as you do not know how long their fascination will last. Models appreciate everyone who tips them, big or small. I wouldn't overthink this, just enjoy the experience and keep doing what makes you comfortable.

I mean, I hear that, but that’s what freeloaders will do anyway - most of them go room to room looking for models in the middle of action. I don’t let them affect me in any way, they are just there. The way I see it at least the model is getting paid her preferred rate for her services. So what if some jokers are watching for free, you can’t stop it

If you are not completing goals just because of freeloaders than aren't you penalizing the model a little bit? She is getting less money, or getting it slower which hurts her opportunity for her overall stream profitability. If you clear the goals she can get more goals in, some of which might appeal to some folks who otherwise were not tipping.
I still tip towards goals. Or I just tip in pvt for something. Or I'll just take her pvt all together.

Speaking as a small tipper (but one that always tips) I rather a girl spent all her time chatting to a whale then to a freeloader.

Also while I dont tip much I do think I have respect from big tippers in one of the rooms because I contribute.

Yeah I'm the same I'm more likely to tip big (well big for me) when its quiet rather then busy. It might also help attract other tippers into the room if they see her doing something in particular.

I be honest it does annoy me if a model seems to be only doing long pvts. I found myself just not bothering visiting a girl because within 10 mins of her logging on she was in for 2 hour pvt and then logging off, it just seemed pointless waiting around since this happened everytime for months and it did seem to have less interest in her regulars after this whale stopped visiting her.

I be honest it does annoy me if a model seems to be only doing long pvts. I found myself just not bothering visiting a girl because within 10 mins of her logging on she was in for 2 hour pvt and then logging off, it just seemed pointless waiting around since this happened everytime for months and it did seem to have less interest in her regulars after this whale stopped visiting her.
I understand it's frustrating having to wait around, but sometimes it makes sense to do the long privates early. Sometimes a long private can't be helped. You're haivng fun, conversation happens, maybe takes too long to finish.

When I'm not camming myself, there's only one model I do privates with. We do our privates straight away, before the room gets busy. It makes sense because, if she's on for a while and the room has a lot of tippers, especially whales, going private can be a loss.

Me, I'm not too picky about when I go private because my room is generally slow and I'd typically make more in a private. 🤷‍♂️

When I go pvt I usually go for long time, and never got any comment from any model. I always asked if she was okay to keep the call or prefer to close, in case she had any show or something. They (my regulars) always agreed to keep speaking. They usually say it's nice to do conversations, sharing things and laughing a lot. It's fun, and they are alwayus grateful of having a break of doing shows.

So I'm sorry if I get model's time on pvts, but while she is ok with that, I'm ok with that.

Reactions: blayze_noir
Status
Not open for further replies.