AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did Chaturbate change the way private messages work?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eagerbeaver

Banhammered
Jun 30, 2021
So I was just in a girl's room on cb and someone took her pvt. But then she messaged me in pm while in pvt with someone else. I checked the user list and she wasn't listed in the room. But we sent several messages back and forth several minutes after her pvt show had started. Is this something new that broadcasters can do?

• Wat?!
Reactions: Lou_King_
So I was just in a girl's room on cb and someone took her pvt. But then she messaged me in pm while in pvt with someone else. I checked the user list and she wasn't listed in the room. But we sent several messages back and forth several minutes after her pvt show had started. Is this something new that broadcasters can do?

As far as I am aware, no, but I haven't tested this because as soon as a model leaves the room, I don't try to message her because I "know" it's pointless, maybe I will try now though but only with someone I know
I know they changed a few other things, the thumbnails for starters, they removed "age" from them, and changed the layout. I use to like being able to see the age on the main page thumbnails

I know they can message when Performer Is Away but when they are in pvt the "leave" the room. Very weird.

Hi, it happened to me too, I received a message from another client even though I had Private with another client.

I doubt this is intentional, or I hope it isn't, you don't want a model distracted by talking to another user while you're paying for her time.
I assume this is a bug so I would contact and explain to CB Support - both of you.

Reactions: Life_Happens
Yeah, I hope it’s a bug that gets fixed soon, and isn’t a permanent change.

I could see the more controlling/toxic members having a field day with the discovery that they could now PM a model during her private shows with other members.

this is something common always have been there :) if you messaged with the model before the pvt the pms between you and her remains open even if she goes in private and she can pm you even if she is in pvt

this is something common always have been there :) if you messaged with the model before the pvt the pms between you and her remains open even if she goes in private and she can pm you even if she is in pvt

Really? If I tried to message a model it would say she is not in the room with us.
I would try send her a message just as she leaves for the private, and it would give me that message (as it should).

I will need to try this tonight hopefully

Reactions: Jay_Storm
Really? If I tried to message a model it would say she is not in the room with us.
I would try send her a message just as she leaves for the private, and it would give me that message (as it should).

I will need to try this tonight hopefully

well when i did privates years ago for me was like that , if a guy strted a pm before private and then another guy took me private both were able to pm , for me was always like that so i dont know if changed ever , so i was thinking its normal thing

Idk GIF by VidCon

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smoothie
well when i did privates years ago for me was like that , if a guy strted a pm before private and then another guy took me private both were able to pm , for me was always like that so i dont know if changed ever , so i was thinking its normal thing

Idk GIF by VidCon

That’s interesting. Like Brett, I’ve gotten the “message cannot be sent because model has left the room” error if I’m sending a PM at the moment she goes private. And then I can’t PM her until she comes back (even if she’s still in Away mode… as long as the private show is over, I can resume PMing).

I can’t recall ever getting an on-site PM from a model while she was in a private show with someone else, even to say “BRB”, so I assumed it wasn’t possible for the model either.

It may have been that way at one time but I've had many experiences where I'm talking to someone in pm and they suddenly go to pvt right as I send a message and I get the error, cannot send message because the other person isn't in the room.

I doubt this is intentional, or I hope it isn't, you don't want a model distracted by talking to another user while you're paying for her time.
I assume this is a bug so I would contact and explain to CB Support - both of you.

I hope so as well. I just tried it again though with a friend of mine who's in pvt right now and the message went through even though she's in pvt with someone else.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Certainly sounds like a glitch, suggest contacting support to look into it. May also be related to an app in use?
Meantime, just because they can, doesn't mean they should.

I tested this with a model who I am regular with and 1) My message DID send, and 2) When she returned I asked did it show as a new message for her from me (flashing as new) and she said yes it did. She didn't respond, which of course is good but nevertheless, it definitely seems like a bug. Or I hope it isn't intentional.

@punker barbie

I asked did it show as a new message for her from me (flashing as new)
Does your PM tab flash to signal a new message? Never seen that before, is this on a mobile device?
Another thing on CB - the PM tab used to show how many individual new messages had been received [for example 'PM(3)' on the tab] but quite some time ago, that changed so it never shows more than 'PM(1)' regardless of how many new messages have been sent.

I've been getting PMs from grays and all sorts of people lately. I can't imagine they all paid to be supporters.

Does your PM tab flash to signal a new message? Never seen that before, is this on a mobile device?
Another thing on CB - the PM tab used to show how many individual new messages had been received [for example 'PM(3)' on the tab] but quite some time ago, that changed so it never shows more than 'PM(1)' regardless of how many new messages have been sent.

I can understand why they have changed this, hopefully, it will change to more than (1) if you have multiple DIFFERENT conversations open with new messages, so then it indicates you have new messages in more than 1 conversation.

I've been getting PMs from grays and all sorts of people lately. I can't imagine they all paid to be supporters.

This seems like a bug too then, it seems like they really screwed things up.
I am wanting to hope it's because they are finally making improvements to allow for a chat history and offline messaging, but they seem doubtful.

@punker barbie can you put forward these problems/bugs and get them fixed please?

Personally, I use Windows 10 and Chrome, but it feels like a widespread problem not just one browser.

While it can definitely be abused, offline messages would be awesome in many cases for me.

Are these all people you have never PMed before?
I just tried sending a PM to random models and I get the usual error message "You must be a supporter, fan club member, moderator, or have received a tip today from this user to send this private message."

Reactions: Lou_King_
Are these all people you have never PMed before?
I just tried sending a PM to random models and I get the usual error message "You must be a supporter, fan club member, moderator, or have received a tip today from this user to send this private message."
One yes, all the others, no. It's weird, when I am in a model's room that I have chatted with before, I can't initiate a new PM, the model has to do it. I even have some regulars I PM with that ask me to PM because they can't initiate the PM in the new session.

This is what you typically expect.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 3.27.40 PM.jpg

One yes, all the others, no. It's weird, when I am in a model's room that I have chatted with before, I can't initiate a new PM, the model has to do it. I even have some regulars I PM with that ask me to PM because they can't initiate the PM in the new session.

This is what you typically expect.

View attachment 93569

If the model has PMed the user, the user can initiate the PM again within the next 24 - 48hrs even after the model has been offline all day.

If the model has PMed the user, the user can initiate the PM again within the next 24 - 48hrs even after the model has been offline all day.
That's interesting, I used to be able to do that when your past 24 hours of pm chat history would reappear on entering the room again, but not since that feature ended (IIRC, it changed about a year ago).
I can understand why they have changed this, hopefully, it will change to more than (1) if you have multiple DIFFERENT conversations open with new messages, so then it indicates you have new messages in more than 1 conversation.
May be related to some further change around conversations. For me, the number on the tab used to reflect the total number of new messages from all users [example PM(3) could represent 2 from one user and 1 from another] but now it still says 'PM(1)' even if there are messages from several users.......

Reactions: NotYou
Revisiting this one..... I just joined a room and found the model was in a private. But her name was listed in the 'User' list, and when I checked the PM tab, I had the ability to send her a message (but didn't).
I checked a few other rooms where models were in private, and none of them showed up in the 'Users' and I had no ability to PM them.
Only difference that I can think of is that the first one is a model I have tipped in the last few days, and we'd had a PM chat.
Weird, not a problem really but if it is still widespread, then models could get pestered a lot while in private and I'm sure some users might take advantage of the opportunity.

Reactions: Jay_Storm
Status
Not open for further replies.