AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB Servers - Upload Issue

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
Before I raise a support ticket, just wanted to check if anyone else has had issues with upload connectivity to the Chaturbate server network?
C2C couldn't work for me during a private a few hours ago, either using the C2C window or by broadcasting direct from my room.
Error message was 'error publishing stream' every single time.
When I used SpeedTest to check the connection speeds using just the CB server network, I had my usual download speeds but upload speed was zero no matter which region server I selected.
Doing the same SpeedTest right afterwards using servers other than just CBs showed normal observed upload and download speeds.
I don't have OBS set up, since I only do C2C and never had an issue before today using CB's servers.
Temporary glitch, or could it be something wrong at my end? No noticeable issues watching the show, just in broadcasting my own feed.......

ETA: I'd expect all the models here are using OBS or similar to stream, so may not get any replies unless somebody else had the same issue with a C2C.

Oh yes I have that ALL THE TIME, I wrote mails to support with screens. Unfortunately support never see problem. They always ask us to make speedtest, use ethernet cable etc . They dont see that issue is obviously on their side. But yes with beta broadcasting last times few minutes i was trying to start broadcast because of errror publishing stream. With c2c i cant tell because I didnt have but error with stream - all the time

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
My upload is 40 MB btw and i have good camera and strong gaming pc
My connection speeds are usually around 50 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload. Not great, but common for my part of the world.
When the problem occurred, SpeedTest using default server network was consistent with that, but same test with CB servers only was same average download but 0 upload, every time.
Never had this problem before.
It's as though CB has blocked my ability to broadcast somehow.

Upvote 0
My connection speeds are usually around 50 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload. Not great, but common for my part of the world.
When the problem occurred, SpeedTest using default server network was consistent with that, but same test with CB servers only was same average download but 0 upload, every time.
Never had this problem before.
It's as though CB has blocked my ability to broadcast somehow.
Maybe servers in your region sucks ? Maybe try use VPN and then it will reconect you automatically to different location? Free Vpn u have in Opera browser for example. U can choose america, europe, asia etc .When i was using obs and opera vpn , obs was automaticaly connecting m e to Ashbourne server:)

Upvote 0
Maybe servers in your region sucks ? Maybe try use VPN and then it will reconect you automatically to different location? Free Vpn u have in Opera browser for example. U can choose america, europe, asia etc .When i was using obs and opera vpn , obs was automaticaly connecting m e to Ashbourne server:)
The CB server custom Speed test allows you to select any of their global servers. Tried them all, the only real difference was the ping time and jitter. Download speed was withing 10% no matter which location, but upload speed was zero for them all.

• Wat?!
Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
I had issues earlier where I had to close and restart C2C every five minutes or so because it kept going dark on the model's end. I didn't get any error messages though.

Upvote 0
OK, thanks for the replies - will resort to contacting CB Support.
Just tried broadcasting myself again, same error message.
Same result with the custom speedtest, here's a couple of examples using various global server sites, all showing zero upload:

Speedtest Custom - Sydney.png
Speedtest Custom - Salt Lake City.png

Upvote 0
Well, I got a response from CB Support:

"It looks like your upload speed is a little low for broadcasting. You need at least 2Mbps to broadcast at 640×480 resolution. We suggest reaching out to your internet service provider to troubleshoot your connection. In the meantime, you could try broadcasting with OBS"

Hmm. I'd certainly describe ZERO upload speed as 'a little low' :)
They've also overlooked that the lack of upload speed is only when using the CB video server network, it is fine (normal speeds) when using the default Speed Test.

Upvote 0
Well, I got a response from CB Support:

"It looks like your upload speed is a little low for broadcasting. You need at least 2Mbps to broadcast at 640×480 resolution. We suggest reaching out to your internet service provider to troubleshoot your connection. In the meantime, you could try broadcasting with OBS"

Hmm. I'd certainly describe ZERO upload speed as 'a little low' :)
They've also overlooked that the lack of upload speed is only when using the CB video server network, it is fine (normal speeds) when using the default Speed Test.
Im not surprised. with this response. I noticed that support never see problems on their site. When i wrote them mail that i have all the time: error publishing stream and i sent them speed test result which was perfect, i got response:

Can you please provide us the results of http://chaturbate.speedtestcustom.com/ After you run the test, copy the link and provide it to us. :D

• Funny!
Upvote 0
Before I raise a support ticket, just wanted to check if anyone else has had issues with upload connectivity to the Chaturbate server network?
C2C couldn't work for me during a private a few hours ago, either using the C2C window or by broadcasting direct from my room.
Error message was 'error publishing stream' every single time.
When I used SpeedTest to check the connection speeds using just the CB server network, I had my usual download speeds but upload speed was zero no matter which region server I selected.
Doing the same SpeedTest right afterwards using servers other than just CBs showed normal observed upload and download speeds.
I don't have OBS set up, since I only do C2C and never had an issue before today using CB's servers.
Temporary glitch, or could it be something wrong at my end? No noticeable issues watching the show, just in broadcasting my own feed.......

ETA: I'd expect all the models here are using OBS or similar to stream, so may not get any replies unless somebody else had the same issue with a C2C.
Please contact support@chaturbate.com for further assistance

Upvote 0
Just updating this in case of future searches on the issue.
Got around the 'error publishing stream' by setting up OBS.
Problem still persists when trying to broadcast directly with the CB video servers.
Seems to be related to a recent version update of the Firefox browser, since I tried using Chrome, and the CB-specific speedtest showed normal upload speeds.
Firefox has worked fine for me for ~18 months, which suggests it's a recent update or compatibility problem. I renewed device permissions but made no difference.
So now I have 2 options - use Chrome, or use Firefox with OBS (seems to be much more stable and more consistent bit-rate using OBS).

• Hugs
Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
Just updating this in case of future searches on the issue.
Got around the 'error publishing stream' by setting up OBS.
Problem still persists when trying to broadcast directly with the CB video servers.
Seems to be related to a recent version update of the Firefox browser, since I tried using Chrome, and the CB-specific speedtest showed normal upload speeds.
Firefox has worked fine for me for ~18 months, which suggests it's a recent update or compatibility problem. I renewed device permissions but made no difference.
So now I have 2 options - use Chrome, or use Firefox with OBS (seems to be much more stable and more consistent bit-rate using OBS).
Wow this is a gold advice!
And i have something about Obs. I just changed settings- i based them on settings from stripchat and the key is ZERO LATENCY! It works for me perfecr now, finally have more followers, fps line not jumping :) I downloaded plugin which let me broadcast with OBS in few pages and @cbhours adviced me to make settings from Stripchat as first and copy them to cb settings and it was THIS! So if somebody is curious , im sending screenshots from my settings (is in polish, but places in obs are the same :p Quality i use 1280x720 and works for me best.Maybe later i willgo for HD+ but now im enjoying working on 2 pages in HD

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 28
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.