AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB favoring US models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2020
Hi!

So I've been discussing this with some people and wondered if you guys have oppinions/insight.
Do you think that CB favors US models in terms of page placement/promotion?
This could be through algorithm, add traffic or social media exposure for example.

I'd like to think that it's a fairly even platform where you have a chanse no matter where you come from.
But at the same time I've heard some people saying that CB favor US models.
In some ways it might make sense for the site to do that.
  1. For example it's reassonable to asume that US models knows good English.
    And that it's a good look for the site to present first time site visitors with models that talks English well.
  2. It's also possible that CB would asume that the general quality of the broadcasts from US are good (equipment , technical knowledge, presentation)
  3. If US viewers are, on average, the best tippers (which I guess they are) they might asume that the US viewers are more likley to enjoy US models
  4. This is controversial to say...but if they consider the average income in many none US countries CB might argue that none US models will be more than satisfied even tho they don't make the top money.
Again, I hope none or at least as little as possible of this is true.
I am a European person myself.
Just thought it'd be interesting to see what you think about this.

Reactions: Lucy_
I dont agree with you and i dont wanna upset anyone... U dont need to worry the top models on first pages are there becouse they know what they are doing and every model working hard deserves it , cant just make favours to some native english countries , its like a compatition, winners are the once that knows how to do their jobs and do it with plesure .. Lots of european girls can speak english well and maybe 2 more languages so they gain more traffic not only english speakers ,*( we have also lots french, spanish and italian people on cb : that we deal pretty easy with them :, romanian for example is similar to this languages :) ) they got good tehnical knowledge too or working with someone for it, also im telling you from my long experience, i am on first page on cb too and im european, moslty all the native speakers guys coming to my room telling me they like to be there to listen to my different accent, is fun for them., they can listen daily natives in their jobs etc . So, like in an y job if you do it with plesure you are on top , doesnt matter wich country you coming from and chaturbate is great giving oportunities to every person in the world to show their best and fight for fame ..cb isnt doing favours to Us models, they are there becouse they deserve it, like the rest of the models in first pages . from all over the world .

Upvote 0
We can always try vpn american to check. Once i did for few minutes and obs connected me automatiically to ashbourne server but didnt try it for long time. Using vpn + writing location in bio America ;d Must check this out ! I also see maaaaany not US girls on first page, but if its mostly american guests page, maybe they like also visitig girls from their countries so manye that could help. Honestly i have no idea if it has really matter wher wer are from but why to not check.

Reactions: DogSauce
Upvote 0
I don't know about CB specifically, but I'm inclined to think they "favor" performers who make the most money for them, if that's what you call rewarding them with good placement. I think viewers on an English-speaking site favor performers who speak English, and the sites cater to that preference.

Upvote 0
As a member, I’ve never noticed anything in terms of favoritism - for example, which models rank higher, or which regions appear in my results - that couldn’t also be explained by other things (like the model’s popularity or activity in her room, or my own search filters).

Social media could be the lone exception because I’ve noticed CB tends to like promoting models they can easily work with, bring along to conventions and such. I could possibly see that being construed as U.S.-based favoritism. But on the cb site itself? Never noticed any region bias from the platform itself.

Reactions: DogSauce
Upvote 0
CB doesn't promote U.S. models more for those reasons, it's those reasons why U.S. models are able to attain a larger following and increase in page rankings. Good communication will always lead to a better camming experience, and so will having decent equipment. The other factor is the lack of studios, which most likely limit the overall ability of most models.

Upvote 0
I feel that way about sites that show model's nationalities - Stripchat and Streamate, although their support denies that, it's pretty clear to me.

I don't really see that happening on CB or MFC. I actually think they are much more fair with placement when it comes to your location.

In sites that show your flag/location, you usually don't even get the chance to show members that you do speak English. On CB members can just go to your room and see if you do so, and the algorithm does the rest.

Upvote 0
In sites that show your flag/location, you usually don't even get the chance to show member that you do speak English.
Yes and this is where I think it becomes questionable, when they are attempting to cater to language preference by location sorting. As if once you cross a particular border, everyone must speak a particular language and no others.

Upvote 0
I dont agree with you and i dont wanna upset anyone... U dont need to worry the top models on first pages are there becouse they know what they are doing and every model working hard deserves it , cant just make favours to some native english countries , its like a compatition, winners are the once that knows how to do their jobs and do it with plesure .. Lots of european girls can speak english well and maybe 2 more languages so they gain more traffic not only english speakers ,*( we have also lots french, spanish and italian people on cb : that we deal pretty easy with them :, romanian for example is similar to this languages :) ) they got good tehnical knowledge too or working with someone for it, also im telling you from my long experience, i am on first page on cb too and im european, moslty all the native speakers guys coming to my room telling me they like to be there to listen to my different accent, is fun for them., they can listen daily natives in their jobs etc . So, like in an y job if you do it with plesure you are on top , doesnt matter wich country you coming from and chaturbate is great giving oportunities to every person in the world to show their best and fight for fame ..cb isnt doing favours to Us models, they are there becouse they deserve it, like the rest of the models in first pages . from all over the world .
Thank you for your input!

I am also of the oppinion that hard work pays off no matter where you come from.
It's just that CB, as is known, uses an algorithm for placement there is some things unkown to us.
The algorithm is of course dessigned to incentivize fair competition but also to make money for CB.
I hope and believe that favoring US models with the algorithm wouldn't be a smart move to make money for the site.

Upvote 0
I feel that way about sites that show model's nationalities - Stripchat and Streamate, although their support denies that, it's pretty clear to me.

I don't really see that happening on CB or MFC. I actually think they are much more fair with placement when it comes to your location.

In sites that show your flag/location, you usually don't even get the chance to show members that you do speak English. On CB members can just go to your room and see if you do so, and the algorithm does the rest.
Good point.

CB dosen't make it as easy for viewers to dissmiss rooms based on prejudice.
Then again, some viewers might prefer to be able to easily see what country the model is from.
Pros and cons but it definetly helps even differences between US and none US.

Upvote 0
We can always try vpn american to check. Once i did for few minutes and obs connected me automatiically to ashbourne server but didnt try it for long time. Using vpn + writing location in bio America ;d Must check this out ! I also see maaaaany not US girls on first page, but if its mostly american guests page, maybe they like also visitig girls from their countries so manye that could help. Honestly i have no idea if it has really matter wher wer are from but why to not check.
It's an option for sure 😃
Allthough I feel like it might mess a little with you connection if you VPN to US constantly.
It's not like CB connection is stable as it is...:depressed:

Upvote 0
Yes and this is where I think it becomes questionable, when they are attempting to cater to language preference by location sorting. As if once you cross a particular border, everyone must speak a particular language and no others.
Exactly, English is an international Language and it's spoken in so many places. Why assume no one else speaks it?

I wonder if SM would also pay Indian and Singaporean models higher percentage too, for example. Those countries also have English as main languages, and so do many others. I would guess that they don't because it's not really only about the language.

Upvote 0
Then again, some viewers might prefer to be able to easily see what country the model is from.
I have never understood why where a model is from would matter to a site or a member. The point of the site is to be online not for arranging local meetups so a models location shouldn't ever come into play imo.

Upvote 0
I have never understood why where a model is from would matter to a site or a member. The point of the site is to be online not for arranging local meetups so a models location shouldn't ever come into play imo.
Well it could be because of language.
Or that you like to talk to someone with a more similiar background so that you can reference national things.
I do like some content creators from my country on Youtube but on CB I don't really care.
Ultimately it should be up to each and everyone if they want to disclose where they are from.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Upvote 0
The algo goes like this:

# of active tippers in the room
# of fan club members logged in
previous day's ending position rank
# of logged in users with tokens
# of logged in users who have tipped consistently (but not necessarily to that specific model)

• Helpful!
Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
I have different theory, at least abut contest stats ranking. We all see that number of users room is different than in contest ranking bit hard to believe that girls has 1000 active tippers and so on. In my opinion if we have lets say 1000 users, 400 are registered, so counted are those who actively watching our room at the moment , not have opened our page in backgroyund, they are just watching our room.Why i think like this? My room is never full. if i have lets say 30 people in room registered and i do nothing, then counted in contest stats is 5,when i start show and they hear something happen , soon with the same number of people i have 20 in contest stats and then started coming new one. So i think that thos who werent watching actively my room, started doing that, so my contest stats a bit went up, so new people saw me on page and enter myu room. But this is feeling onky about contests stats,not algorithm

Upvote 0
Well it could be because of language.
Yeah but as we were saying above, equating country to language can be detrimental for lots of reasons

Upvote 0
I do like some content creators from my country on Youtube
But is the reason you like those content creators because they are from your country or because they provide good quality content. I would hazard a guess that it's that they provide good quality content and they just happen to be from your country.

As already mentioned, language has very little to do with a country where a model is located and a lot of models (not me) are fluent in multiple languages.
Its rare that a model is going to disclose a location area small enough to be able to make small talk about local eateries and what not.

From my experiance the members that are looking for models from a specific location arnt looking for cam shows, they are looking for someone to hook up with irl.

Upvote 0
how do you know that from?
It used to be solely based on the number of followers you had then they changed it to be based on active tipping/number of people logged in to the room. They did this specifically to give lower rooms a chance to advance.

I won't mention the room name, but one person used to pay greys 1 token to convert them to blues. The grey would verify to broadcast to get the token and then just sit on it for all eternity and this is how they built their room rank. By having 300 1 token blues in the room, sometimes convincing them to become fan club members.

Now that we have AI approvals in the age verification I doubt anyone is willing to do this just for a token to chat in a room.

Contest stats don't count anon viewership, that's why the numbers are different.

Upvote 0
It used to be solely based on the number of followers you had then they changed it to be based on active tipping/number of people logged in to the room. They did this specifically to give lower rooms a chance to advance.

I won't mention the room name, but one person used to pay greys 1 token to convert them to blues. The grey would verify to broadcast to get the token and then just sit on it for all eternity and this is how they built their room rank. By having 300 1 token blues in the room, sometimes convincing them to become fan club members.

Now that we have AI approvals in the age verification I doubt anyone is willing to do this just for a token to chat in a room.

Contest stats don't count anon viewership, that's why the numbers are different.
Are you sure? Been always based on number of people logged in the room, not about how manny folowers but conected with of course, more followers more chances to have register users . I know a model she bought a page with 600k folowers from a model that retired . and i spy on her, she started with 100. 200 users then this days she got like 25 registered ... so for nothing she bought this page if she is snot made for it ..In my room been always same, based on registered users , guess doenst matter if tips are slow this times for most of us, if users like u and staying there with you all the hours u on then u are up on pages .

Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
Are you sure? Been always based on number of people logged in the room, not about how manny folowers but conected with of course, more followers more chances to have register users . I know a model she bought a page with 600k folowers from a model that retired . and i spy on her, she started with 100. 200 users then this days she got like 25 registered ... so for nothing she bought this page if she is snot made for it ..In my room been always same, based on registered users , guess doenst matter if tips are slow this times for most of us, if users like u and staying there with you all the hours u on then u are up on pages .
When I say used to be based solely on number of followers I am talking about almost a decade ago. I wish I still had the announcement email where they let us know the algo was changing to boost lower rooms up the rank with active tipping being the largest factor. I remember because I was about to quit forever and when I read it I got really excited that I finally had a chance to move up.

As soon as I get an active tipper or a couple of fan club members in my room I get moved up on the page.

The list I commented with is in no certain order and only the development team knows the actual percentages but all of those factors are logged in users.

A room with 50 fan club members logged in is going to rank higher than a room with 50 regular members logged in, so forth and so on.

Upvote 0
But is the reason you like those content creators because they are from your country or because they provide good quality content. I would hazard a guess that it's that they provide good quality content and they just happen to be from your country.

As already mentioned, language has very little to do with a country where a model is located and a lot of models (not me) are fluent in multiple languages.
Its rare that a model is going to disclose a location area small enough to be able to make small talk about local eateries and what not.

From my experiance the members that are looking for models from a specific location arnt looking for cam shows, they are looking for someone to hook up with irl.
Bit of both to be honest.
And it dosent have to be about local eateries and what not down to a local level.
Can be traditions, events, tv-shows or sports.
Lots of Americans that love to talk about football.
Unlike most Europenas 🙂

But again, I am not defending any oppinion or attitude here.
I just like to try to see things from multiple perspectives.
Its's nice to hear what you guys have to say about it.

Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
well I think cb is more honest in that sense
unlike stripchat that puts your flag lol
I'm Latina and my audience on stripchat is 95% Latino which is annoying because hardly anyone buys tokens
I wish they would change that
And yes, I know that the flag can be hidden, but that is not recommended.
I have the exact same problem there which is why that site just won't work for me

Upvote 0
Hi!

So I've been discussing this with some people and wondered if you guys have oppinions/insight.
Do you think that CB favors US models in terms of page placement/promotion?
This could be through algorithm, add traffic or social media exposure for example.

I'd like to think that it's a fairly even platform where you have a chanse no matter where you come from.
But at the same time I've heard some people saying that CB favor US models.
In some ways it might make sense for the site to do that.
  1. For example it's reassonable to asume that US models knows good English.
    And that it's a good look for the site to present first time site visitors with models that talks English well.
  2. It's also possible that CB would asume that the general quality of the broadcasts from US are good (equipment , technical knowledge, presentation)
  3. If US viewers are, on average, the best tippers (which I guess they are) they might asume that the US viewers are more likley to enjoy US models
  4. This is controversial to say...but if they consider the average income in many none US countries CB might argue that none US models will be more than satisfied even tho they don't make the top money.
Again, I hope none or at least as little as possible of this is true.
I am a European person myself.
Just thought it'd be interesting to see what you think about this.
The whole payment department is filled with scam artists! They won’t pay me no matter how many emails I send!!

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
When I say used to be based solely on number of followers I am talking about almost a decade ago. I wish I still had the announcement email where they let us know the algo was changing to boost lower rooms up the rank with active tipping being the largest factor. I remember because I was about to quit forever and when I read it I got really excited that I finally had a chance to move up.

As soon as I get an active tipper or a couple of fan club members in my room I get moved up on the page.

The list I commented with is in no certain order and only the development team knows the actual percentages but all of those factors are logged in users.

A room with 50 fan club members logged in is going to rank higher than a room with 50 regular members logged in, so forth and so on.
Total registered (non-anonymous) viewers is the base factor for CB cam rank, but not all colors are weighted equally (Greys have the least weight but can certainly help when present in large quantity), and other factors can add to the total "rank score" (although the exact factors and their weighting are not published by CB).

However... the largest (weighted) factor for CB cam-rank seems to be the number of "Tokened" viewers in the room; hence the "Tip a Grey a token" (if they'll age-verify) scheme that @Vixxen81 mentioned above to convert more viewers into "Tokened" viewers.

You can see your number of "Tokened Users" by activating your Third-Party Statistics at the bottom of your Settings & Privacy tab (it updates every 5 minutes). That will provide you with a token-authorized url to view a number of your room statistics (since it provides this information in a JSON-string, I suggest opening it in Firefox browser which will format the data into an easy-to-read vertical-column).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Total registered (non-anonymous) viewers is the base factor for CB cam rank, but not all colors are weighted equally (Greys have the least weight but can certainly help when present in large quantity), and other factors can add to the total "rank score" (although the exact factors and their weighting are not published by CB).

However... the largest (weighted) factor for CB cam-rank seems to be the number of "Tokened" viewers in the room; hence the "Tip a Grey a token" (if they'll age-verify) scheme that @Vixxen81 mentioned above to convert more viewers into "Tokened" viewers.

You can see your number of "Tokened Users" by activating your Third-Party Statistics at the bottom of your Settings & Privacy tab (it updates every 5 minutes). That will provide you with a token-authorized url to view a number of your room statistics (since it provides this information in a JSON-string, I suggest opening it in Firefox which will format the data into an easy-to-read vertical-column).
That's literally what I said but thank you for rephrasing it and mansplaining it back to me. 😂

Upvote 0

One room I used to visit a year ago was doing a "promo" for members to become fan members and stay in the room all day.
The "rules" were:

- Join the fan club (it's the cheapest rate)
- Login to the room when the model starts her broadcast and then send a token tip with a message saying "hello".
- Stay until the end of the broadcast (or for as long as possible) and when you leave or the model leaves, send another 1 token tip with a tipnote saying "bye" - this way the "hello" and "bye" messages are timestamped.
- Then, once the fan member has reached XX hours spent in the model's room per month, they get a 10-minute free skype show

So this all ties in with what you also say with the fan club, and it's been known for a long time, yet some models still don't activate the fan club in their room

Reactions: Yep_Nope_Maybe
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.