AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to succeed as a BBW camgirl?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LanaMareeMFC

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jul 20, 2014
www.profiles.myfreecams.com
I've been a camgirl on MFC for almost a week now. Last night was my third night on cam. On my first night, I made a little over 1000 tokens. Second night, not so great. Only a little over 600. Last night I tried to switch it up by doing a card game. 50 tokens to pick a card, hearts got a piece of clothing removed, clubs got my kik or skype, diamonds got the password to a photoset on my profile, and spades got a custom photoset. I thought it would give me a busy room since I read the idea in a forum post and supposedly people were lining up to tip the girl 50 tokens for a card. Not me. I only went through 5 cards, and eventually had to change my topic because the room was dead and the card game was going nowhere.

I'm a BBW so I know that affects my room tremendously. Sure, there are members who prefer larger girls, but not many. The most people I had in my room last night was 15, and that didn't last too long. If it wasn't for someone tipping me 500 for a custom photoset (I charge less than that so idk why they tipped 500) I would've ended the night with only 300 tokens.

I tried dancing for a little, which brought in a handful of people, but they left shortly anyways. As for games, I've thought of doing truth or dare, but feel like it wouldn't take off because I have low traffic anyways. Hangman and Clear the Board seem fun, too, but those are games you need a busy room for or else it will go nowhere :/

Another thing I feel like is contributing to the problem is my webcam and internet speed. I don't have the fastest internet ever, and I'm currently using the webcam built into my laptop at the moment, until I can afford a new one (I'm looking into the Logitech C920). I'll also be getting faster internet in another month. This causes lag in my webcam feed and a pretty bad picture. Do you think I'd be getting more traffic if I had a better webcam and faster internet? I'm hoping that's mostly what keeps people out of my room, and not my looks, me being boring, etc.

Before this turns into a short novel, I'll just get to the point. What can I do as a BBW that'll attract more people to my room? My camscore has been dropping and dropping and is now in the 600's and I feel like I'll never get it up past 1000. I do have a dildo and recently ordered a vibrating egg, so I'm hoping people will dish out some tokens to see me use them, but I'm not so sure. Should I try dancing? Any game ideas that'll draw a crowd? Most people in my room talk to me through PM's so I rarely get to talk with my voice, and I feel like if I only accept PMs from friends and then charge say, 50 tokens to be my friend, no one would do that because I'm not that popular anyways. And most of the premiums I get in my room have 0 tokens anyways.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I love being a camgirl, but I'm worried that it's going to end in failure if I can't switch it up and attract more people soon. What do you guys think?

• Wat?!
Reactions: lolawantsu2
There are definitely things that are harder for BBW models, but you are basically describing the same problems ALL new models have. You are pigeon holing yourself if you think of yourself as *just* a BBW and not a new model!

You are 100% wrong when you say not many members prefer BBWs. There are SO many members on MFC, even if it's a small minority that prefers us that is still a huuuge pool of members. However - if you think "only BBW lovers will like me" you are closing yourself off to a bunch of members!

I have a lot of "BBW lover" type regulars for sure - but also just a lot of guys who like girls! I've been shocked when I see the girls that my regs like - my oldest regular is alo a regular of a girl who's like my opposite (very slim, super tattooed, dominant). Because he likes hot girls and the beauty of camming is that you don't have to commit to one person, you can enjoy all the ladies. My point being, it's not just guys who seek BBWs out that will be your regulars.

There are a lot of guys on MFC who will leave your room or never enter because you're a BBW. So, c'est la vie. You will get trolled more than thinner models (maybe?) - oh well. Just silently ban and ignore. There are SO MANY dudes who will love your body and your personality! So many!!!! So don't think of your body as a deterrent, it's a beautiful thing and it is a great selling point. I pinkie promise. I do believe it's harder for BBWs but it is what it is, you can take that as a challenge or an excuse!

My only other advice would be to investigate other sites - Clips4Sale is great for BBWs, so is Streamate because members can search specifically for that. I do know firsthand that you can make good money (at least, my idea of good money) on MFC as a BBW so don't self-defeat! Read all the threads for new models, absolutely get a better cam/Internet if you can, and be confident!

Genxoxo is right. A lot of the traffic problems are there for many girls. Mfc is definitely a place that will keep you on your toes but be consistent. Cam every day you can and try to keep to your mfc schedule as much as possible.

Some of my suggestions to you are:

Get a twitter for your cam persona and give the people in your room it. I normally wait until I have 10 or so premiums on and then just say "hey guys I would realyl love it if you followed my twitter!" plus it gives you a way to update guys on when you are going to do your show and if you ever have to miss anything. They feel more in touch with you, which is a huge part of mfc.

Invest in lots of good lighting. Shadows are pretty much every cam girls enemy, they can make us look bigger, and weirder than we really are and we dont want that. Mess around with your light placement until you find a style that suits you.

get model verified on here if you havent, there are lots of awesome things in the girls only section that will really help you.

and finally just smile! Be happy, talkative and have some music in the background. I dont know how many models I see on the back page that are sitting there not smiling or doing anything. Guys wanna feel engaged and like they are welcomed.

If you need any other advice, lemme know I will be glad to help.

PlayboyMegan said:
Have you tried SM? I feel like MFC isn't the most BBW friendliest place. A lot of BBW's do REALLY well on SM where it's mostly fetish based.

I agree SM is great for BBWs but a lot of us do well on MFC too, I didn't find it unfriendly for my body type. And BBW isn't always a fetish...maybe niche would be a better word but even then I think it's a preference for some guys and a non-factor for others.

I agree that it sounds like the difficulties you are having are difficulties that most new models have.

First off I will say that I am a size 10. I call myself chubby but I'm not a bbw. When I first started I tagged myself as bbw worried that someone would come in my room and think I'm fat and leave. So I wanted that warning out there or something. I occasionally get guys who say they love my curves, like seeing people who aren't twigs here (which I hate when people talk about other models that way), etc. But mostly I get guys who fall for my eyes, tits, personality. By the time they are hooked on me I honestly don't think they give a shit about my cellulite ass or the fact that I never show my stomach on cam. I think of BBW more as a fetish and MFC is definitely not a fetish site (in m humble opinion). So just don't pigeon hole yourself I guess is what I am trying to say. You are going to get guys who want a bigger girl and you are going to get guys who are interested in something completely random about you that has nothing to do with your size.

For a new model it sounds like you are doing just fine so try not to stress out too much. If you are more interested in flaunting your bbw status as a fetish I would recommend streammate or clips4sale but definitely don't give up on MFC.

PlayboyMegan said:
Have you tried SM? I feel like MFC isn't the most BBW friendliest place. A lot of BBW's do REALLY well on SM where it's mostly fetish based.

I actually just signed up for SM today, I'm hoping I can do both SM and MFC and do good in both sites :)

NerdyBBW said:
Genxoxo is right. A lot of the traffic problems are there for many girls. Mfc is definitely a place that will keep you on your toes but be consistent. Cam every day you can and try to keep to your mfc schedule as much as possible.

Some of my suggestions to you are:

Get a twitter for your cam persona and give the people in your room it. I normally wait until I have 10 or so premiums on and then just say "hey guys I would realyl love it if you followed my twitter!" plus it gives you a way to update guys on when you are going to do your show and if you ever have to miss anything. They feel more in touch with you, which is a huge part of mfc.

Invest in lots of good lighting. Shadows are pretty much every cam girls enemy, they can make us look bigger, and weirder than we really are and we dont want that. Mess around with your light placement until you find a style that suits you.

get model verified on here if you havent, there are lots of awesome things in the girls only section that will really help you.

and finally just smile! Be happy, talkative and have some music in the background. I dont know how many models I see on the back page that are sitting there not smiling or doing anything. Guys wanna feel engaged and like they are welcomed.

If you need any other advice, lemme know I will be glad to help.

I'll definitely hook myself up with a twitter. Hopefully it'll help make some people aware of when I'm online and what I'm up to, and I'll get more of a following :)

Reactions: sexxiiskyy and Gen
GenXoxo said:
PlayboyMegan said:

I agree SM is great for BBWs but a lot of us do well on MFC too, I didn't find it unfriendly for my body type. And BBW isn't always a fetish...maybe niche would be a better word but even then I think it's a preference for some guys and a non-factor for others.

Thank you.

While I of course think SM is great for BBWs, I don't think its BETTER then MFC.

It is really an individual by individual case. Some girls thrive on MFC, and some thrive on Sm...or both..or neither...I am not sure size realllly has to do with it.

I know personally, while I enjoy and have done decently on SM----I have consistently done better on MFC.

As many have said before the problems you are facing--are similar or mirror that of a girl of any size on MFC.

I am unable to see your profile...geo-blocking (im in nyc)......

The only point i want to stress is the importance of not ryling on ANY site to bring in all your traffic. I see you made a twitter (that's great and i followed you), use it and other forms of social media to help build a following. That following will be yours re-regardless of what streaming or video site you are on.

You can rock this ;)

I'm a small bbw here (size 12) :hello2:

After reading your post, I think you have to look into upgrading your equipment. It doesn't matter if you are thin or bbw. People want to be able to see you clearly and hear you clearly with little to no lag.

Sometimes games work for girls, (no matter the size) sometimes it doesn't. It definitely a hit or miss. But the most important thing is to well, smile all the time. *fake it til you make it mentality*. If you sit there looking bored, why would people tip? People wanna feel comfortable, and they will when you feel comfortable.

There are also guys out there who dont care about body shapes, they care more about personalities! I have from hardcore bbw regs to "i used to like thin girls but now i want a real woman" regs to "because your personality is awesome" regs.

Having multiple sites (streamate & c4s) is a good idea...never put all your eggs in one basket. I say try to rock out all the sites your trying to work on ... the extra money is good :)

Read more info & tips in the models only section, theres tonnes of information of how to succeed on any site. Its up to you to make it work.

Most importantly, stay positive. Don't let it get to you.

Hello ladies! Im new as of yesterday. I love this post and was wondering, what are good tags for smaller bbws? Im short and have a tummy im a sz 11. What could i use, all i have is chubby, and bbw. Thanks all!!!

Dear BBW cam girl,

I read your post and my heart reaches out to you. I'm a bbw myself and have been camming on MFC for going on two years come Feb. Most of of what you mention are all cam girl issues, but I get the aspect of bbw and how that may not appeal to the masses. Some days are good, others days are god awful. Stay consistent and advertise yourself. Twitter is a great resource to get your name out there, start videos on clips4sale and manyvids.com. Participate in this forum and other members will find you. Define your idea of success and stick with that idea. Cam on other sites when things are slow on one site. I cam on streamate as well and it supplements the money I'm losing out on. lol You also suceed as a cam girl if you really want to be there even when the 0 token dudes visit your room. Sometimes they promise to come back and tip you...but never do. But if you're welcoming sometimes you'll get a visit again and they'll tip you. The site can be a gamble at times.

Wish you the best of luck.

sexxiiskyy said:
Hello ladies! Im new as of yesterday. I love this post and was wondering, what are good tags for smaller bbws? Im short and have a tummy im a sz 11. What could i use, all i have is chubby, and bbw. Thanks all!!!

Chubby is good. A lot of BBW fans LOVE bellies, so if you have one, use tags like "chubby belly" or "big tummy". If you have pretty curvy/muscular thighs & butt, "thick" is also a good one to use.

I can't give you advice about the BBW thing but I can throw out some general advice. I think your ideas are great with games, creating conversation. I would highly suggest turning off your pm since those people are just distracting you from what you need to be focusing on to reel in more viewers- your free chat. People are less likely to stay in your room if you are paying attention and typing away quietly with people that are probably there to waste your time and not being interactive with your main room. I wish I had known this my first few days on mfc.

Good luck!

I actually just signed up for SM today, I'm hoping I can do both SM and MFC and do good in both sites :)

I also singed up for SM and I'm waiting to be approved. I was using flirtforfree but no matter what i was doing i wasn't making any tips and I was hustling really hard. Any tips? Could it just be that's a crappy site? I'm also a size 24, any tips on how to hustle with no outfits yet? I haven't made any money to invest in anything!

I also singed up for SM and I'm waiting to be approved. I was using flirtforfree but no matter what i was doing i wasn't making any tips and I was hustling really hard. Any tips? Could it just be that's a crappy site? I'm also a size 24, any tips on how to hustle with no outfits yet? I haven't made any money to invest in anything!

As far as clothing goes: Sometimes I make more money wearing a cute top and jeans than I do in lingerie. A lot of models find they do best in a t-shirt and panties, or a tank top and panties. Try out a few different things and see which works best for you.

Regarding the hustle on SM, a lot of guys on there are shy, and will run away if you try to engage them too much. Just smile into the cam and say hi when they come in, and wait for them to make the next move. A lot pop in and out of rooms pretty quickly, because they have a very specific type - don't take it personally, all models get this. Stick to your limits and become friends with the ban button, because a lot of people will try to push you.

An important thing to remember for BBW'S on any site is to avoid thinking that you have to do things cheaper than others because of your size. I've had guys thinking that they'll get a free show because they're in a chubby girl's room. Nope. They're still going to pay to see what they want.

An important thing to remember for BBW'S on any site is to avoid thinking that you have to do things cheaper than others because of your size. I've had guys thinking that they'll get a free show because they're in a chubby girl's room. Nope. They're still going to pay to see what they want.

90.gif

Agreed so hard. Don't let anyone act like you're worth less because of your size.

A lot pop in and out of rooms pretty quickly, because they have a very specific type

One of the main reasons I end up doing this on SM is because you cant tell what a model charges without going into the room (or if you can then someone please let me know how). So I end up going in and checking the rate before even really looking at the model and if its too high then I just leave.

@fandango I´m glad you said that! I didn´t know that. It is less annoying if you just do it once, for 1 second. But if you stay for 25 seconds and do it more than once.. blocked.
I guess you don´t though :)

But surely there is a way for people to see the price before going in? Anyone?

I put my prices in my topic menu (including exclusive and private), but I know most don't *shrug

@Ann_Sulu you are too smart! I had no idea they couldn´t tell. I think ill change it to that. Do you think that people are more likely to come in if they see it? Or less likely?

@Dani Picas Not sure about more or less likely, but since many don't realize the 30 sec issue with privates, they don't argue with me about why my private price seems so high. For a while many seemed to think I was only charging 5.99 for privates (and thought I was charging way more for exclusives, since they couldn't see the price was lower). From what I understand, some can't see exclusive prices until they tip, or something...not sure. Either way, like many models I don't want to get trapped in the 30 sec private or less purgatory (for those who don't understand this, models don't get paid if it's been less than 30 secs in private. They do however get the money immediately in exclusive).

Hi! Welcome and good luck first of all!

Second the biggest and best thing you can do is upgrade your cam/lighting...like now! I use the Logitech and it works great!

I don't think BBW really is an issue here. Your hair is beautiful....your face is beautiful and I think you will do quite well once people can see you! Put a super cheap floor lamp in the room...and upgrade that cam...even if you have to go on Craigslist or whatever. It will pay for itself a million fold.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
So glad I found this thread, I'm a new BBW/chubby girl (size 16-ish) and I'm glad to see the advice here. I think I've been letting my worry about my size hold me back from camming regularly. But after reading this, I think I'm just gonna go for it.

I am so glad to have found this thread. Thank you so much for your input and suggestions!

After six months of consideration, I just left my full-time office job to do camming... Ridiculous and irresponsible? Yes, probably. But, for the last six days, I've had a smile on my face, loved life and felt confident that I could do this. Your tips, hints and tricks have further helped me to feel confident that I had made the right decision.

This thread made me feel much better about about being a bbw and camming. I was worried for a while that my stomach would be a problem but knowing that some men like bellies sure helps and gives me a little extra confidence :)

Reactions: Gen
This thread made me feel much better about about being a bbw and camming. I was worried for a while that my stomach would be a problem but knowing that some men like bellies sure helps and gives me a little extra confidence :)

Bellies are like boobs to some dudes. Better, even!

As far as clothing goes: Sometimes I make more money wearing a cute top and jeans than I do in lingerie. A lot of models find they do best in a t-shirt and panties, or a tank top and panties. Try out a few different things and see which works best for you.

Regarding the hustle on SM, a lot of guys on there are shy, and will run away if you try to engage them too much. Just smile into the cam and say hi when they come in, and wait for them to make the next move. A lot pop in and out of rooms pretty quickly, because they have a very specific type - don't take it personally, all models get this. Stick to your limits and become friends with the ban button, because a lot of people will try to push you.

I'm so glad I'm not the only girl who's thought this. I consistantly only ask for extremely low prices because of my size. Not just my size, but all in all my body isn't NEAR perfect. I've even had times where I'd look at another girl's profile and try to figure out if 'I'm half' as pretty as her or 'a quarter' as pretty as her, and then fractionize my price from her price... but mainly I just end up doing something even lower than the calculation because 'I'm just not that hot'

I've always wondered if I'm losing money that way, or gaining money that way. I'm always stuck between 'charge low and it'll build up' and 'maybe it won't build up, but maybe if I ask for something higher than my comfort zone there will so happen to be that one man who's happy to tip it to me because for whatever reason I'm just sooo cute to him'

Reactions: Felix_XO
I'm so glad I'm not the only girl who's thought this. I consistantly only ask for extremely low prices because of my size. Not just my size, but all in all my body isn't NEAR perfect. I've even had times where I'd look at another girl's profile and try to figure out if 'I'm half' as pretty as her or 'a quarter' as pretty as her, and then fractionize my price from her price... but mainly I just end up doing something even lower than the calculation because 'I'm just not that hot'

I'm going to step on my soapbox for a minute, as a BBW or chubby model that has a big belly with a small chest...

I find myself building up my confidence and self-esteem, when I'm not in front of the camera. I can easily be excited about camming and taking pictures, and feel sexy. When I am preparing and I catch glimpses of myself and the aspects of my body that I hate and are "cringe worthy," though, it takes a lot for me to follow through with camming and taking photos.

The point I'm trying to make, though, is this: no matter anyone's size or shape, believe somewhere within yourself that you are beautiful, even if that belief has to be something that you have to force feed yourself. I haven't seen you or your shows, but I know you are beautiful and deserving of the same respect and money making opportunities as everyone else... Why? Because you are human and have the same worth as everyone else.

Love yourself, and don't sell yourself short -- in this particular case, both literally and figuratively. You deserve more than it seems you give yourself credit for, dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.