AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Misconceptions regarding where you live

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Kentucky, and the most common things I hear are that we must A) fuck our siblings/parents, B) not own shoes, and C) eat fried chicken every night.

When in reality, it's pretty fucking boring. We are ripe with homophobic, racist, sexist, judgmental assholes who tend to explain their actions with religion. That's like 75% of the population. Then there are the 5% who are trying to "live off the grid" and live in sheds with no running water and heat powered by generators made from lawnmower batteries. The other 20% is Mennonite or Amish (depending on your location). And yes, we have horse tie-outs in front of all the major stores as well.
Are there KKKs there?

• Funny!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
Reactions: ACFFAN69
People often ask me if I am REALLY from Texas because I don't have any sort of southern twang (unless I am drunk lololol) I am half Hispanic and was raised in equal parts white and Hispanic communities and never picked up an accent hahaha. (I also never learned Spanish which most people who know where I live are shocked because of the culture here)

I don't have a horse and have never lived on a farm? I'm also not a racist. Lol. But that's more north Texas. I live in a major tourist trap city and really the big pulls of this place are nothing special to me. But maybe it's just because I've lived here my whole life.

Reactions: eyeteach
From New Jersey, born and raised
- No, I don't sound like the jersey shore kids. They're from staten island, NY actually.
- NJ actually does have farms and forests and swamps and really nice suburban areas with low crime. It's not some giant metropolis city-state full of pollution despite being high in population density overall.

Odd truths:
- I do say Mario as Mary-o instead of Mahrio, and so does almost every single other native jerseyan. This one i never noticed until it was pointed out to me by MFCers.
- Diners friggin everywhere. Probably why there's no Wafflehouses here. Local Diners are the thing. Mostly Greek Diners. mmm disco fries

I can't really think of anything else. Um. Our local non-chain pizza is kickass. I've gone elsewhere in the country and never had a half-decent slice, comparatively. (NYC has good pizza too)

I can't really think of anything else. Um. Our local non-chain pizza is kickass. I've gone elsewhere in the country and never had a half-decent slice, comparatively. (NYC has good pizza too)

This, but there are still Dominos, Pizza Huts, and Papa Johns EVERYWHERE, doing well.

How do you say Oregon, though?

We used to have a bumper sticker here in Oregon that gave a simple pronunciation guide: "ORy-gun" which is a decent approximation.

Reactions: eyeteach
Yeah, I know it's uncool to like New Jersey, but I'd take it even further and say that Newark is one of my favorite places. Spend an afternoon in the Ironbound district; if you don't see something cool and eat something delicious, you did it wrong. Edgewater is also pretty nice if you have money and a friend with a car who doesn't mind carting your pedestrian ass around. However, I grew up in The South and lived in northwestern NJ for a couple years--I saw more confederate flags in that very green, very lake-y corner of the state than I ever saw in my home county.

As you can see, a very true stereotype of Canadians is that we really, really define ourselves as not-Americans :giggle: And we also love beer.

Misconceptions...we don't all play hockey (though most of us watch it :D), it's not always winter everywhere, we aren't all from Toronto.

Very true, most people I know including myself don't seem to watch hockey whatsoever though (I think it's mostly older generations unlike in the States where like everyone watches football) and I'm also from within the GTA lol.

Other accurate stereotypes: on top of loving beer we do also love poutine and bacon (but who doesn't like bacon?) and if you accidentally bump into a Canadian they do actually apologize for you bumping into them aha.

Misconceptions: We don't sound like we're from the movie Fargo (with the exception of some people from Saskatchewan probably) and I've literally never heard anyway say eh (unless it's done in a manner that more so emulates the Fonz). Also marijuana is not decriminalized here (it's hardly enforced though unless you're caught with a large amount/are dealing it) and our health care is not actually completely free.

• Helpful!
Reactions: eyeteach and Gen
After reading tons of these,I think it's a safe assumption that even if the majority of models did feel safe about giving out their locations, they'd likely make up a location so as to not have to argue when a member didn't believe them. :haha:

"Oh you're from Florida, you must love living on the beach" or "You must go to Disney World every weekend"

One of the funniest things I've heard about being from Florida was by comedian Tim Wilson. He said that not all of Florida was in the south, as a matter of fact once you went south of Gainseville your ass was back in Michigan.

After reading tons of these,I think it's a safe assumption that even if the majority of models did feel safe about giving out their locations, they'd likely make up a location so as to not have to argue when a member didn't believe them. :haha:

Ann I'm not asking for specific locations where model and members live but rather the misconceptions about where one lives. I didn't ask for pinpoint U.S. Geological coordinates and street addresses, just what others have generally heard about where we live.

@eyeteach Oh I wasn't meaning it like that at all! I simply know the few times while traveling, and often times when models say where they are from members often disbelieve the models assuming the place to be totally different in their minds.

Are you really
New Jersey is a beautiful green place!! I loved driving thru Jersey. For I am from a brown land with brown trees and brown grass lol.

Are you really from Texas? You don't sound like it. Wanna go get drunk? ;)

• Funny!
Reactions: lunarxkittn
Status
Not open for further replies.