AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Actors who don't "fit"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2014
Have you ever watched a movie or tv show and there's an actor/actress who doesn't fit the situation? Either as their character or in the movie all together.

I just watched "sphere" based on the michall chricton novel, and queen Latifa is in it and every time I've watched this movie I thought 2 things, one: this movie doesn't do the book justice, and two: why the hell is queen Latifa in this?

Im sure you guys have more to put on the list

Colin Farrell as Alexander the Great. If Alexander was a drunk Irishmen, then it would be a good casting call. But not representing one of the great warriors of history; especially with the horrible beach bum hairdo they gave him in the movie.

Denise Richards in The World Is Not Enough as Dr. Christmas Jones. I still laugh just thinking of her cast as a nuclear physicist. No, just no. Casting agent should have been blacklisted from all Hollywood films for that.

Even though I think Kevin Spacey can do no wrong he shouldn't have been in "Fred Claus"..

Jennifer Aniston in "Just Go With It" another amazing actress in a really shitty movie

Liam Neeson- Normally Badass as well not so badass in "The Haunting"

William H Macy - "Wild Hogs" - maybe because I just see him as Frank in Shameless but he is so amazing and should not have been in this movie.

** I guess my list is more like great actors/actresses in shitty movies lol**

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
So I haven't seen it yet, but why the hell is Rooney Mara playing Tiger Lily in the new Peter Pan movie?
I mean, she's supposed to be Native American, right?

The Rock as Jack Burton in the remake of "Big Trouble in Little China." (Yeah, I know it's still in pre-production, but COME ON... )

I... don't hate this casting choice. He's got the swagger and some comedic chops. He might be able to pull it off. The fact that he's six and a half feet tall, and jacked like the Incredible Hulk might make him less believable as an everyman in over his head, though.

So I haven't seen it yet, but why the hell is Rooney Mara playing Tiger Lily in the new Peter Pan movie?
I mean, she's supposed to be Native American, right?

I haven't seen it yet, either, but from the looks of the snippets I've seen on trailers and teasers, it seems a lot like the movie tried to distance itself from the Edwardian racism of the source material, and make Tiger Lily and her people more of a nondescript fantasy tribe, instead. I can't say I blame them. Even the name that Barrie gave to the tribe -- Piccaninny -- is racist as all fuck. It's an understandable choice, I think.

I found a good read on the subject, actually, from Smithsonian Magazine.

Very interesting read. @zippypinhead
This is just one of the reasons I think there needs to be more new stories instead of remakes.
If you have to keep asking yourself "How can we make this not racist?", maybe you should just move on to a new story.

Malin Akerman in Watchmen. I think she's cute and funny but she wasn't a great fit (aside from aesthetically, haha).

@zippypinhead I read an interesting article about how despite being humongous, the Rock always manages to pull off the every man kind of role, like in San Andreas or his Disney movies (the one where he was the football player with a surprise baby was cute). It was interesting because he's obviously not relatable in a physical way and his life is pretty unique but he's so charismatic and the article was saying he's loved by both men & women whereas a lot of actors are more adored by one gender. I wish I could find it because I'd never really thought of it before but he really does pull off being a normal guy really well!! Anyways your post reminded me of that, lol.

@zippypinhead I read an interesting article about how despite being humongous, the Rock always manages to pull off the every man kind of role, like in San Andreas or his Disney movies (the one where he was the football player with a surprise baby was cute). It was interesting because he's obviously not relatable in a physical way and his life is pretty unique but he's so charismatic and the article was saying he's loved by both men & women whereas a lot of actors are more adored by one gender. I wish I could find it because I'd never really thought of it before but he really does pull off being a normal guy really well!! Anyways your post reminded me of that, lol.

Thats very true, I'd never really thought about it before. I guess because everyone still knows him as The Rock first instead of Dwayne Johnson he's kind of still seen as a bit of a characature of a person and probably doesnt get the credit he deserves. He is actually a damn good actor.

Reactions: Yarrow and Gen
I hated hated hated who they casted as Tris in the Divergent series. And like half the villains were wrong too! Tris is supposed to be super short and petite and they got that actress from The Fault in Our Stars and she's fairly tall. And the person they cast in her same initiation group for Dauntless was supposed to be built like a tank and he was fairly normal size. Totally messed up key parts of the story. They fucked up a lot in that movie though, to be fair.

I hated hated hated who they casted as Tris in the Divergent series. And like half the villains were wrong too! Tris is supposed to be super short and petite and they got that actress from The Fault in Our Stars and she's fairly tall. And the person they cast in her same initiation group for Dauntless was supposed to be built like a tank and he was fairly normal size. Totally messed up key parts of the story. They fucked up a lot in that movie though, to be fair.

Yeah, that was weird at first, but she played the part so well (especially since there was some overlap between filming this and TFIOS) that eventually I started not noticing the difference in appearance. Finding someone who looks like the character and plays it well can be tricky; but what really bothered me was the guy who played Eric. His appearance wasn't anywhere near how described in the book, and the way he played the character was a little awkward.

Yeah, that was weird at first, but she played the part so well (especially since there was some overlap between filming this and TFIOS) that eventually I started not noticing the difference in appearance. Finding someone who looks like the character and plays it well can be tricky; but what really bothered me was the guy who played Eric. His appearance wasn't anywhere near how described in the book, and the way he played the character was a little awkward.
I actually really dislike her as a person and an actor so I politely disagree. I don't think she played it all at well. But props for her for doing two movies at the same time!

I actually liked who they cast as Eric. But I also just thought he was really hot so I wasn't analyzing him too deeply, I admit. I really really hated who they casted for Peter though, like I can't say that enough :(

I actually really dislike her as a person and an actor so I politely disagree. I don't think she played it all at well. But props for her for doing two movies at the same time!

I actually liked who they cast as Eric. But I also just thought he was really hot so I wasn't analyzing him too deeply, I admit. I really really hated who they casted for Peter though, like I can't say that enough :(

Ah yea - well that makes more sense to me then. It's hard to see an actor you don't care for play a character you love. Totally get it! I think with Eric he just came off as so in your face bad guy and in the book it was more subtle and slimy (I'm one of those people that tend to over-analyze movies based on my favorite books); but hey he was nice to look at :)

Oh Peter - yeah actually I hated that casting too. Forgot about that one.

Reactions: CharlieBelle
Status
Not open for further replies.