AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pricing content to high/low?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylveeon

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 7, 2015
Wonderland
Twitter Username
@themaebird
Tumblr Username
themaebird
MFC Username
MaeBird
Chaturbate Username
sylviemae
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/533128/MissMae/
Hello guys! My name is Sylvie Mae and I have been camming for about four months now. One thing I still struggle with is trying to find the right prices to set in my tip menu, on my videos, and countdowns. Sometimes I worry the price is too high, and sometimes I worry I'm selling too much. I've tried to adjust accordingly and still haven't found appropriate an pricing that people will tip for consistently. I have also found people will just tip random numbers and not for anything in specific. How do I persuade people to tip for things I want them to? ><

Reactions: ZoeSlave
I'm having the same issue! I've be camming for way less than you have been but I'm still struggling with pricing and wondering what I should be charging for exactly... I've already gained a few regulars and they always tip me, but I'm wondering what I should do to persuade new visitors to tip

Reactions: Sylveeon
What I did/do that always worked is to prices a little high (regularly) and then have a special or something during your cam session. For example One Spank would be 111tkns but then I would run like a five minute counter Half off spanks for the next five min. or triple spanks for the next five min. Just something that creates urgency and makes it fun at the same time.
Hope this helps.

What I did/do that always worked is to prices a little high (regularly) and then have a special or something during your cam session. For example One Spank would be 111tkns but then I would run like a five minute counter Half off spanks for the next five min. or triple spanks for the next five min. Just something that creates urgency and makes it fun at the same time.
Hope this helps.
I'll give this a try! Thank you so much I'll post back later and let you know the progress :)

Become a model, and the model section can definitely help you out with success. -------> https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/how-to-get-verified-cam-girl-status.1696/

As for pricing... based on personal experience some of your prices are a little below average, some are above average.

My suggestions would be...

Hand spank: Try 3 spanks for 20 tokens.
Paddle spank: Try 3 spanks for 30-40 tokens.
Song request: I've never done this, but I think 50-100 would be reasonable. Most girls I've seen do 100.
Feet: Depends on if you have socks, or thigh highs on. Normal feet, 20 is ok. Socks, 20 might still be ok. But if you were wearing thigh highs I always priced it 60-80 tokens.
Booty shake: I would ask 40 for that.
Pinch your nipples: I would ask like 40 or so for that. (I've never done it really)
I wouldn't have cat ears on the tip menu, but it could be a goal. Or a theme for a show.
Boob massage: I feel like this is something more worthy of say 100 to 200 tokens because you are not only showing your boobs but you're doing an action. But it depends on how long the massage is... like 5 minutes?
Rikka dance: I'm not sure what that is, but I'd say a dance is worth more like 100 tokens.
Flash: It depends. Boobs I'd put 40, butt I'd put 35, and vag I'd put more like 60. Or you could do all of them the same. If so then 40 is ok.
I am not sure about muting???
I'm not sure about a deposit for a private. I've only seen really high top models do that.
As for the rest of the list from there it seems pretty reasonable.

Of course, these are what I would put myself in my experience and observation from other models. You price what you think you are worth, but I personally think some of your tip menu is worth more than you price it. You're fucking cute as hell btw, don't undersell yourself. :h:

The way I look at it, I would look at other models tip menus that have around the same cam score I do and average my pricing around that. Or I would look at a model with a cam score a little higher than mine because I'm always trying to push myself harder. Don't ever undersell yourself, and more importantly don't let what you price things at affect how you feel about yourself.

@KristiRoxx I see the point of that, but I feel like if you're under 1000 you shouldn't go to others with the same camscore for reference as to what you should do, because they typically have a lower camscore for a reason. I would try to go for models with higher camscores but not top models.

@KristiRoxx I see the point of that, but I feel like if you're under 1000 you shouldn't go to others with the same camscore for reference as to what you should do, because they typically have a lower camscore for a reason. I would try to go for models with higher camscores but not top models.
Oh, I completely agree. I was simply suggesting as to get a ball park idea. Vice versa you don't want to look at a top models pricing because it will be astronomical compared to what members would expect from the "average" model.

The way I look at it, I would look at other models tip menus that have around the same cam score I do and average my pricing around that. Or I would look at a model with a cam score a little higher than mine because I'm always trying to push myself harder. Don't ever undersell yourself, and more importantly don't let what you price things at affect how you feel about yourself.
I have not considered looking at the camscore. I have looked at other girl's profiles but the variety is sometimes overwhelming to me. Thank you for your advice, it is really helpful!

My first day I made a tip menu based on what other models charge (NOT top models)

My first week I adjusted prices based on experience. I was first doing spanks at 20 tokens, but soon raised it to 25 and then 30. When members asked about the change, I was honest and said "you guys spank me too much! I need to get paid more for that shit!"

For high priced things like snapchat or videos, I think selling along the lines of token packages (on MFC at least) works well (200 for a regular video, 550 for a longer/sexier/fetish video, 550 for snapchat, etc.) I have deals on these items almost every single day.

For mid range content like photosets or fan banners or whatever, I charge around 100 tkns but constantly have deals on these too.

Become a model, and the model section can definitely help you out with success. -------> https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/how-to-get-verified-cam-girl-status.1696/

As for pricing... based on personal experience some of your prices are a little below average, some are above average.

My suggestions would be...

Hand spank: Try 3 spanks for 20 tokens.
Paddle spank: Try 3 spanks for 30-40 tokens.
Song request: I've never done this, but I think 50-100 would be reasonable. Most girls I've seen do 100.
Feet: Depends on if you have socks, or thigh highs on. Normal feet, 20 is ok. Socks, 20 might still be ok. But if you were wearing thigh highs I always priced it 60-80 tokens.
Booty shake: I would ask 40 for that.
Pinch your nipples: I would ask like 40 or so for that. (I've never done it really)
I wouldn't have cat ears on the tip menu, but it could be a goal. Or a theme for a show.
Boob massage: I feel like this is something more worthy of say 100 to 200 tokens because you are not only showing your boobs but you're doing an action. But it depends on how long the massage is... like 5 minutes?
Rikka dance: I'm not sure what that is, but I'd say a dance is worth more like 100 tokens.
Flash: It depends. Boobs I'd put 40, butt I'd put 35, and vag I'd put more like 60. Or you could do all of them the same. If so then 40 is ok.
I am not sure about muting???
I'm not sure about a deposit for a private. I've only seen really high top models do that.
As for the rest of the list from there it seems pretty reasonable.

Of course, these are what I would put myself in my experience and observation from other models. You price what you think you are worth, but I personally think some of your tip menu is worth more than you price it. You're fucking cute as hell btw, don't undersell yourself. :h:
I'm sorry I just saw this TTvTT
This is super helpful. I have made adjustments to me tip menu since (added tons of stuff, I probably need to go through it again), but I am probably still underselling myself.
I like the idea of clumping spanks together, I think it's a great idea!
Everyone is coming in to my room asking for different music. I might just raise the price to 50
Feet is no longer on my tip menu, but I might put it back on there. I am always wearing stockings so it's a bit of a hassle to flash my feel all the time xD
I've realized having my cat ears on the menu makes it difficult to plan a cat-themed show (which I would probably end up doing all them time because I love cats so idk xD)
A rikka dance was making my cat dance on cam with a toy xD It's no longer on the tip menu, no one ever tipped for it xD
Individual flashing would be better/easier I believe
No one asks me for pvts probably because I have a deposit. I might just scratch that.

Also will be re-doing to tip menu because I am in the process of (always) changing my cam style until I find what works best for me. I have like 3 min hitatchi edging and things I have added, but I don't think I want to do anything sexually explicit unless I'm doing a goal for that.

You are so sweet :h: Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it so so much~

Reactions: Violet Dawn
My first day I made a tip menu based on what other models charge (NOT top models)

My first week I adjusted prices based on experience. I was first doing spanks at 20 tokens, but soon raised it to 25 and then 30. When members asked about the change, I was honest and said "you guys spank me too much! I need to get paid more for that shit!"

For high priced things like snapchat or videos, I think selling along the lines of token packages (on MFC at least) works well (200 for a regular video, 550 for a longer/sexier/fetish video, 550 for snapchat, etc.) I have deals on these items almost every single day.

For mid range content like photosets or fan banners or whatever, I charge around 100 tkns but constantly have deals on these too.
These are pretty great guidelines.
yeah I think that a lot of finding the right tip menu is just a lot of adjusting until you feel comfortable. And of course, the prices will go up the more you get tipped :3
Also a fan banner is where you write the member's name on paper and take a picture of yourself with it? Do you do it nude or clothed/semi-clothed?
Thank you for your advice, Mira~ :)

I'm still struggling with this myself. I'm about to re-do my profile, but what I've found works is just being really...weird and fun. I'm not sure why, but when I'm in weird moods, or I'm just being silly the guys tend to tip way more. It doesn't matter what I have goals set to or anything. The other night I had a guy give me 200tk just because he was enjoying talking to me, and actually asked that it not go to goal, and then he tipped FOR the goal. If it's been slow I'll do a spanking special, or like another one of the girls said I'll set a timer for something and that does work, especially when you have a lot of premiums lurking about. I actually lurk in a lot of models rooms who sort of linger around 1000-1100 in cam score, and I've learned a LOT from them. I'm not sure if any of this actually is helpful, but that's what's worked for me! Good luck! :)

• Helpful!
I'm working on pricing myself! For me, I base it somewhat on other people's menus, but another factor is my personality and what I feel actions are worth to me. For example, some models love spanking and that's totally cool! I'm a little shyer with it, and hence need a little more motivation for it, so I price it a little higher.

On a similar note, I've also had members try to negotiate my countdown prices. Just last night a member asked if he cleared my countdown for sweater off, could he see me in just the sweater (somewhat see through) with nothing underneath? Disregarding the fact I'd already said blatantly several times I'm a nonnude model, I felt bad at first when I declined, like I was being unreasonable. And then I remembered he was essentially trying to get three countdown's worth of value for the not even full price of one :grr: Banking on my desperation and newb status, I guess. Either way, I'd be more inclined to take pricing advice from the models here than members haha

• Helpful!
I personally started my prices lower when I first started and then as I gained more followers and moved up in the cam world, I raised my prices a little bit. I attached my tip menu as an example. I've been camming for 6 months also.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 119
Thank you girls!
More and more I realize people just want to talk about me, and they don't care so much about the sexy stuff (at least the people who tip). If I just be myself the tips will come. I've adjusted my tip menu a bit and my camscore is around 2200 nowadays. I hope this helps :)
TIPMENU.png

Thank you girls!
More and more I realize people just want to talk about me, and they don't care so much about the sexy stuff (at least the people who tip). If I just be myself the tips will come. I've adjusted my tip menu a bit and my camscore is around 2200 nowadays. I hope this helps :)
TIPMENU.png

One belated suggestion as a member...

I think you have the right idea about using odd or offset values for your tipping targets. I'd even suggest changing spanks/booty/boobies/pussy to a slightly-offset value as well (+1).

It tends to make it much more obvious (to you and the members) when someone's tipping for a particular thing and what that thing is. Moreover, as a member who often likes to tip for the sake of tipping, it's pretty annoying when I just want to give you 500tk but I end up tipping for a chocolate-sauce-hitachi show by accident.

Where do you put your tip menu? On your profile or in the room topic, or both? I also have close to 100 videos & 300 photo sets from my previous adult site that i want to offer but not sure how to go about advertising it all?

I can offer suggestions as a customer.

I don't waste space with generic tip items on your menu. Don't make yourself a vending machine or member will not talk with you just will just put the token in and expect you operate. Leave some room for conversation. Spanking, Flashing, Feet, don't need to be on the menu because it will allow a member to ask for them and open up a conversation. Also when you don't set those prices in stone it allows you to adjust them depending on the room population. Maybe a spank is 10 tokens when your room is empty but 30 token when it's full and you're busy.

That said add menu items that are more fetish or unique. Deep Throating, Seductive reading, Knife throwing... things a member would read and think, "Let's try that". I for one love outfit changes and seductive reading as options.

On Videos

Understand there are still a LOT of scams on camsites when it comes to videos. Best way to sell a video is to make it clear as possible what happening in the video. I don't care if you offer 5 videos for 200 token if I don't know what in them I just assume they will all be of your cat (YES girls will sell a video that they are not in as a scam)

On MFC know your token tiers. The first token tier is 200 and the next is 550. Price things so your customer doesn't have to mix tiers. 250 token stops an impulse purchase because you are forcing your customer to buy more tokens than they need at that moment.

Understand that 200 tokens is $20 for a cheap member. Make sure a 200 token video has at least $20 of value to YOU before you try to sell it to someone else.

Just some things to think about when finding the correct price for you.

I don't waste space with generic tip items on your menu. Don't make yourself a vending machine or member will not talk with you just will just put the token in and expect you operate. Leave some room for conversation. Spanking, Flashing, Feet, don't need to be on the menu because it will allow a member to ask for them and open up a conversation. Also when you don't set those prices in stone it allows you to adjust them depending on the room population. Maybe a spank is 10 tokens when your room is empty but 30 token when it's full and you're busy.

That said add menu items that are more fetish or unique. Deep Throating, Seductive reading, Knife throwing... things a member would read and think, "Let's try that". I for one love outfit changes and seductive reading as options.

On Videos

Understand there are still a LOT of scams on camsites when it comes to videos. Best way to sell a video is to make it clear as possible what happening in the video. I don't care if you offer 5 videos for 200 token if I don't know what in them I just assume they will all be of your cat (YES girls will sell a video that they are not in as a scam)

On MFC know your token tiers. The first token tier is 200 and the next is 550. Price things so your customer doesn't have to mix tiers. 250 token stops an impulse purchase because you are forcing your customer to buy more tokens than they need at that moment.

Understand that 200 tokens is $20 for a cheap member. Make sure a 200 token video has at least $20 of value to YOU before you try to sell it to someone else.

Thanks for the info :) i wasnt aware of the token tiers, that definitely makes sense!

I'm still trying to find the pricing of watching other cams. Like I don't mind doing it bit when I gave my price to a member, he said that not even the top models charge that much.

I'm still trying to find the pricing of watching other cams. Like I don't mind doing it bit when I gave my price to a member, he said that not even the top models charge that much.

He was probably lying to try to get you to lower your price.

Reactions: TICham
Hope this helps.

Good idea!

Don't ever undersell yourself, and more importantly don't let what you price things at affect how you feel about yourself.

AMEN! Thx for the reminder! :h:

On Videos

OoOoOO!!!! GREAT advice!!! Thank you!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Barbie Belle
Status
Not open for further replies.