AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

points?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2015
I dont really have any purpose for this thread other than curiosity, but models, i'm curious about points. What percent of members in you room have hidden points? what would be the most common point total range you see? How often do you see random guys with relatively high (50k+ for instance) come through your room with points showing?

If you have 20 points and have been a member more than a couple months, I assume you're not a very generous/understanding member and may give your comments less weight than others in my room.

edit: oops missed the actual question:

the only times I look at a member's points/tokens is if they're making an ass of themselves in chat, or making promises that seem unlikely. maybe 70% of the time they aren't hidden and are close to the equivalent of 0/20.

My room is usually on the quiet side (2-5 premiums and a few basics) so I have the chance to look at everyone's tokens and points in they're around for more than a minute. Do points (low with a distant-past sign up date to be an MFC member OR high points levels) influence how likely I am to try and engage the member? Darn right!

What point reward point total, or other variable do models consider to be of any value? Does it matter?

What point reward point total, or other variable do models consider to be of any value? Does it matter?

It matters when you're considering taking a private or some other transaction from a member. If he says "ill take you pvt and I promise i'll stay for 20 mins" and his tokens are hidden it can help to see a healthy point balance so you know they're spending a decent amount on the site.

In my room, I'll put people on ignore if they're being overly crass, rude, or stupid/incoherent. My room sometimes calls it "Team ShortFuse." However, before I iggy them, I check their reward points. If they've got a really large number (say, 5 digits, for example), my fuse might grow a little longer. Yeah, I'll still ignore them if they keep it up, but I might give them one extra warning than I might any other random guy.

Sometimes guys who show reward points actually rubbed me the wrong way; maybe it was being a lower-camscore model but I got a lot of guys with high RP who would come in and try to dangle that as a way to get attention or try to get freebies. But I imagine that often works well for them, lol.

Sometimes guys who show reward points actually rubbed me the wrong way; maybe it was being a lower-camscore model but I got a lot of guys with high RP who would come in and try to dangle that as a way to get attention or try to get freebies. But I imagine that often works well for them, lol.
...I mentally pictured a donkey with a carrot in front of its nose and it angered me more than I thought it would.

I have about 15 000 points and keep them hidden , not interested in unwanted attention when the room is slow....

:)

I got a lot of guys with high RP who would come in and try to dangle that as a way to get attention or try to get freebies. But I imagine that often works well for them, lol.

I noticed that crap too when I was on MFC. They thought doing the "Lemme see your ass first" thing would work on me just because they're dangling their tokens/reward points. I also feel like members with names like BigMoneyJoe or ITipModels are expecting models to think "KA-CHING!" and start kissing those members' asses.

I don't hide tokens, I don't hide points. I don't care what the model knows. Whatever makes her night easier.
What if it made her night easier not to know?

I think it's both asking for grief and bad manners to display points or tokens all the time. If you want to be treated like a gentleman, behave like one. If you want to be treated like a paying member with tokens, tip like one. Who can take a model for a long private but can't afford a tip note?

I wish transactions on a site like MFC were more like trading in an MMO. Both parties know what they want, they show proof of ownership, they commit to the deal, and then confirm the trade. If someone tries to fuck around, everything starts over.

Points (combined with account age) simply represent the members' average spending habit using that particular account. Showing them can be useful to a model as an indicator of potential spending habits, as an indicator of how much this member is likely to spend if they decide to.
For example, 50K reward points, over 5 years membership amounts to 2000 tokens (around one 1875 package) a week on average.

I don't think most models place much importance on them, beyond checking that they are giving attention to a regular spending member. I show my points for this reason and also as an indicator of where my limit to spending is (not that this is well respected).

On spending limits more models should look at any points showing for their favourite regulars and the ever present risk of success pricing those members out of visiting as often. There will be appropriate times for inviting those lost favourites back.

What if it made her night easier not to know?

I think it's both asking for grief and bad manners to display points or tokens all the time. If you want to be treated like a gentleman, behave like one. If you want to be treated like a paying member with tokens, tip like one. Who can take a model for a long private but can't afford a tip note?

I wish transactions on a site like MFC were more like trading in an MMO. Both parties know what they want, they show proof of ownership, they commit to the deal, and then confirm the trade. If someone tries to fuck around, everything starts over.
So the fact I keep myself open with how much I have on me, and indicators of my spending habits, is bad manners? Interesting. I assumed it was just extra info that a lady could do whatever she wanted with. I guess combining all factors - my attitude and how I tip in her room - with my past history is a bad idea.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I really don't see me giving a model as much info for her use is bad manners. Bad manners is, as others have pointed out, trying to make a big deal about those stats. Mine aren't even that impressive.

I personally keep my points and tokens hidden on my premium acct. I see very few advantages for me having it visible and a lot of disadvantages. If a model you visit regularly checks your points she can see how much you are spending else where, this can have a lot of draw backs IMO. Even going into the room of a model who is new to you, having your points/tokens visible might give false expectations of what you might tip, I normally tip slowly with a new model and see how I like her room over a few visits, then gradually tip her more if I enjoy her room and plan to become a regular.

So the fact I keep myself open with how much I have on me, and indicators of my spending habits, is bad manners? Interesting. I assumed it was just extra info that a lady could do whatever she wanted with. I guess combining all factors - my attitude and how I tip in her room - with my past history is a bad idea.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I really don't see me giving a model as much info for her use is bad manners. Bad manners is, as others have pointed out, trying to make a big deal about those stats. Mine aren't even that impressive.

I don't think it's bad manners or makes you a bad member at all.

Lets say you're in a girls room and she’s having a really slow night with 200tk left in a count , even tho you've been tipping n chatting all night she can see you have those 200tk, she’s on for another hour and logs off a little hurt.

It’s not like we aren’t gonna like you the next day its just SEEING that it's there.
Those tokens could be for another girl?
Could be for her tomorrow so you don't “blow your token load " in one night.

I'd rather just NOT see your token amount

Regarding points if someone asks me about customs , videos , panties ect with 20 reward points
I know there next answer will most likely be
so you take paypal right ?

If you've had your account for 6 months + with 20 points you're not going to pay my custom prices BUT my two highest tippers ever had very low reward points and old accounts till they met me.
So sometimes they are just looking for the right girl, but I have a feeling those 2 guys weren’t bugging models on prices when they had no intention of ever spending.

I personally keep my points and tokens hidden on my premium acct. I see very few advantages for me having it visible and a lot of disadvantages. If a model you visit regularly checks your points she can see how much you are spending else where, this can have a lot of draw backs IMO. Even going into the room of a model who is new to you, having your points/tokens visible might give false expectations of what you might tip, I normally tip slowly with a new model and see how I like her room over a few visits, then gradually tip her more if I enjoy her room and plan to become a regular.

I don't think it's bad manners or makes you a bad member at all.

Lets say you're in a girls room and she’s having a really slow night with 200tk left in a count , even tho you've been tipping n chatting all night she can see you have those 200tk, she’s on for another hour and logs off a little hurt.

It’s not like we aren’t gonna like you the next day its just SEEING that it's there.
Those tokens could be for another girl?
Could be for her tomorrow so you don't “blow your token load " in one night.

I'd rather just NOT see your token amount

Regarding points if someone asks me about customs , videos , panties ect with 20 reward points
I know there next answer will most likely be
so you take paypal right ?

If you've had your account for 6 months + with 20 points you're not going to pay my custom prices BUT my two highest tippers ever had very low reward points and old accounts till they met me.
So sometimes they are just looking for the right girl, but I have a feeling those 2 guys weren’t bugging models on prices when they had no intention of ever spending.
Honestly, hiding or keeping them out there is fine either way. It's the attitude I think matters most. I only took umbridge at leaving my stats open as if that were as being inherently rude in some way. It's up to the model on how they want to approach things at the end of the day, and there is no universal answer. It's why we all find the model or room that fits us best. :)

I show both just because that's the default setting and i don't see why i should bother changing it.

I wasent saying you have to change it

just giving another perspective

I keep tokens hidden, and show my reward points as high. I try not to look at reward points it is a bit depressing.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
One thing I should point out about about showing your token amount (not reward points, but TOKENS)...

If you're in a model's room and tell her "I can't tip tonight because I'm paying my mother's hospital bills at the moment" while you're also in another model's room tipping her, we can actually see your token amount decreasing, if we happen to be looking at it. LOL. So don't do that. Not that it's any of our business who you spend your money on. There's just really no need to lie like that, ya know (when, up until that moment, we probably thought you're a pretty cool dude). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.