AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC rooms are getting more and more quiet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MFC trolls are really superior to those of other sites. Maybe the social aspect of it all makes them try harder? An invested troll trying hard is always hilarious and makes for good conversation. Streamate trolling pretty much starts and ends with fat and bitch. Plus, they pretty often use the screen name "troll". Amateurs.

Great topic!

I think as a model its frustrating as all hell, but its whatever. Now as a member I tend to hang back with the conversation if I have been influenced from talk in the Lounge. It is so horrible and so HIGH SCHOOL but the Lounge conversation influences my cam behavior throughout the site. :woops:

You know, some rooms can be really intimidating to premiums.

I have a perv account that I hop around on to tip models I really like, and sometimes I pop into a room and get spammed with Hi's and pms and a ton of attention all at once and it's a little overwhelming. I've also had models pm me to get me to come to their room while trashing the model whose room I was in.

There are a lot of things that can contribute to quiet rooms but model behavior CAN be a big factor. At least for me on my perv account.

Too much attention at once can be like, "she wants me to give her all my tokens but I'm not sure and I don't want to disappoint" so I leave that room or watch from the lounge.

Hopping rooms are more fun. Which sucks because it's hard to get a quiet room hopping. It's like showing up to a party in the beginning and having to make awkward conversation until things get interesting.

I just made this connection. Hmmm time to make some changes to my own MFC room.

GamerGirlTeeg said:
You know, some rooms can be really intimidating to premiums.

I have a perv account that I hop around on to tip models I really like, and sometimes I pop into a room and get spammed with Hi's and pms and a ton of attention all at once and it's a little overwhelming. I've also had models pm me to get me to come to their room while trashing the model whose room I was in.

There are a lot of things that can contribute to quiet rooms but model behavior CAN be a big factor. At least for me on my perv account.

Too much attention at once can be like, "she wants me to give her all my tokens but I'm not sure and I don't want to disappoint" so I leave that room or watch from the lounge.

Hopping rooms are more fun. Which sucks because it's hard to get a quiet room hopping. It's like showing up to a party in the beginning and having to make awkward conversation until things get interesting.

I just made this connection. Hmmm time to make some changes to my own MFC room.

Well put.

I love a smartass model who can handle a troll like a BOSS (People are still saying 'like a boss', right?). :thumbleft: There's this Streamate model in particular who had to deal with some idiot the other night. Every time she hit him back with the quickness (keeping that grin on her face), he just said something dumb and dumber, making himself look like a complete jackass. :lol:

JickyJuly said:
Streamate trolling pretty much starts and ends with fat and bitch. Plus, they pretty often use the screen name "troll". Amateurs.
This is what I think of when I think of your average camsite troll. Just lazy and offensive one or two word responses. I've seen dudes get banned for supposedly being trolls but like, they were just kinda goofy and new to everything. Weren't even being mean or gross, just annoying and weird. Still needed to go but I'm not sure they were trolls or even trolling so much, some dudes are just odd.

PunkInDrublic said:
ItsBillyBitch said:
First of all, the trolls and freeloaders don’t care and bans are fairly easy to defeat anyways (who doesn’t know how to change their IP?).
I think you might be giving your average camsite user a little too much credit in regards to this part but I agree with most of your post. Hard to not laugh when a model bans a troll and then acts like it really accomplished anything besides making the dude watch your show as a guest. I'm glad mfc gave models more options and am glad when models ban disruptive/annoying people but if a guy wants to watch you, banning him isn't really going to stop him. Models can control what happens in their room but ultimately have no control over who is watching them. Which sucks I guess but even worse is knowing that the majority of people watching you will never tip or even talk. Camming is a fucked up job man, how cool would it be if everyone that watches you had to pay or at least talk? Pretty cool I guess.

The point of banning someone isn't really to keep him from watching the model. The point is to not have him able to participate in chat and make a toxic situation. They can view as a guest yes but they can't chat as a guest. Allowing toxic people to stay in chat room drives away other members. And bans from room helpers only lasts 6 hours. I have banned the same guys several times so I know they aren't long.

About original topic. I'm a room helper for a couple of models so are usually on whenever they are so I have defo noticed that chat has died down. I try my best to start my own topics of conversation if needed since a busy room is better for the models I'm helping. Guys that can't tip can actually help the model just by chatting. If chat looks busy the tips will come from those that can tip I notice. If chat is dead there are little to no tipping going on.

Agreed with everything BigBoobIntern said.

Usually when members are banned it's less about preventing them from seeing the feed and more about making sure that they can't disrupt the room any more. If a troll is spouting say, racial slurs, other members are probably not going to want to stick around a room where a model is allowing that behavior, so the best thing for everyone is to ban.

Chatting is an interesting thing. I would say that usually more chatting = more tips in general. But it's a fine line because some members will see some chatty rooms as being hangouts where tips aren't customary when they still very much are, so it can have a reverse effect. But for the most part, more will be attracted to a chattier room, and with that, the potential for more tips is there.

BigBoobIntern said:
The point of banning someone isn't really to keep him from watching the model. The point is to not have him able to participate in chat and make a toxic situation. They can view as a guest yes but they can't chat as a guest. Allowing toxic people to stay in chat room drives away other members.
Thanks for the info chief, had no idea why models were banning people that were being disruptive and annoying in their rooms. All makes sense now, thanks for clearing it all up.

LuthienBlythe said:
But it's a fine line because some members will see some chatty rooms as being hangouts where tips aren't customary when they still very much are, so it can have a reverse effect.

This is true. There used to be an MFC member who would tell other members in public chat (about me) "She's cool, you guys. And it's okay if you don't tip her, just as long as you're chatting." :woops:

Sansa said:

Usually when members are banned it's less about preventing them from seeing the feed and more about making sure that they can't disrupt the room any more. If a troll is spouting say, racial slurs, other members are probably not going to want to stick around a room where a model is allowing that behavior, so the best thing for everyone is to ban. put them on ignore.

Chatting is an interesting thing. I would say that usually more chatting = more tips in general. But it's a fine line because some members will see some chatty rooms as being hangouts where tips aren't customary when they still very much are, so it can have a reverse effect. But for the most part, more will be attracted to a chattier room, and with that, the potential for more tips is there.
FTFY
The ignore function on MFC is the absolute best because then the person can't bother the model via PM or MFC mail either. Banning may temporarily kick them out of the room, but if they're the really annoying kind that want to ruin your shift, they'll start blowing up your MFC mail or PM window. IGNORE avoids that. It's good shit.

I know room helpers don't have that ability, so banning is the only option for them.

AmberCutie said:
Sansa said:

Usually when members are banned it's less about preventing them from seeing the feed and more about making sure that they can't disrupt the room any more. If a troll is spouting say, racial slurs, other members are probably not going to want to stick around a room where a model is allowing that behavior, so the best thing for everyone is to ban. put them on ignore.

FTFY
The ignore function on MFC is the absolute best because then the person can't bother the model via PM or MFC mail either. Banning may temporarily kick them out of the room, but if they're the really annoying kind that want to ruin your shift, they'll start blowing up your MFC mail or PM window. IGNORE avoids that. It's good shit.

I know room helpers don't have that ability, so banning is the only option for them.
Ignored members sometimes send pm's to the others in room so ban is better..

BigBoobIntern said:
AmberCutie said:
Sansa said:

FTFY

Using both would be ideal, then. Obviously members having their PM set to friend only is a good idea, too.

Reactions: OldSheriff
BigBoobIntern said:
AmberCutie said:
Sansa said:

FTFY

A ban AND an ignore for those who are incredibly disruptive and rude, on the models side.

There are options members can utilize, like ignore and private message settings. A model banning a member doesn't prevent them from interacting with the members in private messages.

AmberCutie said:
BigBoobIntern said:
AmberCutie said:
Sansa said:

FTFY

Using both would be ideal, then. Obviously members having their PM set to friend only is a good idea, too.

Yes, just make my job harder. I actually contact anyone tipping for videos for one of the models I'm helping and ask for their email to send them the videos they bought. I do this so the model can focus more on chat.

BigBoobIntern said:
Yes, just make my job harder. I actually contact anyone tipping for videos for one of the models I'm helping and ask for their email to send them the videos they bought. I do this so the model can focus more on chat.

I feel like it sorta takes away the charm if a model has a puppet doing all of her stuff for her. For me, I send out all links myself, never have a room helper at all, actually, and I think it adds some one-on-one attention that the members likely appreciate.

As a member, I'd be a little put off by having a member be the one to contact me for my goods.

But then again, my favorite part about cam sites/MFC is the genuine interaction. Not everyone puts that much of themselves into it. For those girls, a room helper/room puppet is helpful.

(Please don't take the word puppet as an insult, just a term for a person who does literally everything for the cam girl except get naked on the cam :) )

AmberCutie said:
I feel like it sorta takes away the charm if a model has a puppet doing all of her stuff for her. For me, I send out all links myself, never have a room helper at all, actually, and I think it adds some one-on-one attention that the members likely appreciate.

As a member, I'd be a little put off by having a member be the one to contact me for my goods.

I agree. It's one thing for a helper to do stuff like update topics and perform temp bans, but I'm not interested in interacting with anyone but the model for anything else.

I am perfectly fine with having a helper send out video and such, especially when a model has been drinking or is high.

AmberCutie said:

ideal for stopping a troll I guess.
Not ideal for MFC. I do enjoy the social aspects of the site.

I cant stand it when people I've spoken to for years in a room wont let me PM them. Apparently I'm not on their friends list. I guess some guys find it weird to friend premiums. Or I just dont fall into that catagory of "friend".

I dont know why anyone would allow basics to PM them. But as for premiums and models, I haven't had an issue with spam and find the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Swarles123 said:
AmberCutie said:

ideal for stopping a troll I guess.
Not ideal for MFC. I do enjoy the social aspects of the site.

I cant stand it when people I've spoken to for years in a room wont let me PM them. Apparently I'm not on their friends list. I guess some guys find it weird to friend premiums. Or I just dont fall into that catagory of "friend".

I dont know why anyone would allow basics to PM them. But as for premiums and models, I haven't had an issue with spam and find the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.
I personally get it, surprisingly a lot of guys like to sign in to a "female model only" adult sexual website just for the women. Some of whom I consider internet friends. Totally weird, but more power to them.

I've run into some surprisingly great/humorous conversations from members messaging me. Sometimes someone I talk to in public chat who I actually see as a friend will PM me as well, I'd personally never trade those moments to be anti-social. If someone seems annoying it's really not hard to just ignore them.

I totally understand how you feel. When my chatroom is quiet, I will talk about my day, or ill ask questions that might be interesting to have someone answer (some are intellectual, some are pervy) othertimes i just try to sing or seem occupied, but it's no dice. It's difficult it really is, trying to make the chatroom interactive when no regulars are on and no one wants to talk about they are on mobile.

Reactions: cbook100
The OP is a very successful (awesome) model.. I do wonder what she would say a year later? In her case it may be cyclic, she has had a few tough days lately.
To her comments, I do think her opinions hold a lot of truth .

The OP is a very successful (awesome) model.. I do wonder what she would say a year later? In her case it may be cyclic, she has had a few tough days lately.
To her comments, I do think her opinions hold a lot of truth .
since im still a new model, maybe i just have to do what the OP did and just tough it out. Most models seem like they give up when this happens, but maybe OPjust kept logging on and being upbeat and got it!

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Was I trolling? None of my 'friends' was on MFC so I went into the room of a model I have eternally bookmarked and she had a brain freeze about something she did to her hair. I typed-- "Hair math is hard!" She got angry and said, "it would be hair memory" and kicked me out. I thought it was funny that something so innocuous could cause anger.

Was I trolling? None of my 'friends' was on MFC so I went into the room of a model I have eternally bookmarked and she had a brain freeze about something she did to her hair. I typed-- "Hair math is hard!" She got angry and said, "it would be hair memory" and kicked me out. I thought it was funny that something so innocuous could cause anger.
Have you interacted with her before? Try to keep in mind we get rude comments daily from people who think we are just "dumb hot chicks" so...while it would have been funny coming from a regular who I know is sarcastic some models might take it as an insult from a "stranger".

Me I would have been just as sarcastic and said "I'm pretty good at token math...I can't be good at everything".... Lol.

Reactions: Gen
It's interesting that this thread got bumped right now, almost exactly one year later because it kind of gives some insight to the newer models that the ups and downs of camming are constant. there are generally quite times and generally busy time in overall all traffic and that has never changed.

always try to keep the conversation going.

Ideas for good conversation starters? I have a hard time starting conversations. Especially if they're not talking back to me..

It's interesting that this thread got bumped right now, almost exactly one year later because it kind of gives some insight to the newer models that the ups and downs of camming are constant. there are generally quite times and generally busy time in overall all traffic and that has never changed.

Yep. It's a cyclic business. The same months are bad every year. The second half of April always has a bit of a slowdown after people pay their taxes and don't feel like they have the money to spend on things like MFC.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
The point of banning someone isn't really to keep him from watching the model. The point is to not have him able to participate in chat and make a toxic situation. They can view as a guest yes but they can't chat as a guest

When you ban someone on MFC can the room still see what that person said?

Yep. It's a cyclic business. The same months are bad every year. The second half of April always has a bit of a slowdown after people pay their taxes and don't feel like they have the money to spend on things like MFC.
yup. Once it starts getting warm traffic drops as well... also known as the Summer slump.

Status
Not open for further replies.