AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC rooms are getting more and more quiet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a bit of a crappy thing to say. So the quality of all the current models is significantly lower than 3-4 years ago ? That is such a sweeping statement.....

@BustyBonnie, that was in response to @BooyaaS, but indirectly to me also. Nothing I said was meant as a criticism of you specifically, or for that matter, any other model on ACF (which, as a group, are probably among the best models because they care enough about what they're doing to contribute here). I was talking about all models as a group, and about the way the industry is organized (incentives, accountability, regulation). In any case, I apologize for saying things that were personally hurtful, because that definitely wasn't what I set out to do. I think the thing I have to keep in mind is that in your line of work, the person (the model) is the "product" and it's hard to criticize the product/industry without seeming directly critical of the individuals in it.

I haven't noticed the quality of models drop at all as a member... the model skills private have as a group, but that is due to more vanilla models than those with a passion (perhaps desperation) for it coming into the game (the skilled models are harder to find in a vanilla sea).

Scamming, cheating, lying, and manipulative models have always been around. I think you have a better chance of meeting more honest and respectful models now than in the past. When they all came from studios that guild/ collection of studios would use every trick in the book to unsympathetically take a member for all he had plus more.

Camming is and always will be the 'wild west', otherwise it wont attract big paying members and models wont make much money from it. It will become a volume game. Mainstream when it comes to sex/ sexuality just isn't entertaining enough for most people to sell, it needs to keep some edge to it.

I think if it feels different the main dynamic probably has more to do with trends in how men and women are interacting with each other than anything else. I think member with member interactions have changed as much as member with model interactions. (I am guessing model with model have too)

@BustyBonnie, that was in response to @BooyaaS, but indirectly to me also. Nothing I said was meant as a criticism of you specifically, or for that matter, any other model on ACF (which, as a group, are probably among the best models because they care enough about what they're doing to contribute here). I was talking about all models as a group, and about the way the industry is organized (incentives, accountability, regulation). In any case, I apologize for saying things that were personally hurtful, because that definitely wasn't what I set out to do. I think the thing I have to keep in mind is that in your line of work, the person (the model) is the "product" and it's hard to criticize the product/industry without seeming directly critical of the individuals in it.
No need to apologise you were stating your opinion and in no way do I take it personally. The reply was purely for @BooyaasS response of current cam girls not being up to the standard of cam girls 3-4 years ago. I didn't feel it added much to the discussion other than to say all the current girls these days are pants lol. Again I don't take that as a personal insult but I do think it's crap to say that about all cam girls as it's just not true.

Reactions: Sevrin and Gen
....I think if it feels different the main dynamic probably has more to do with trends in how men and women are interacting with each other than anything else. I think member with member interactions have changed as much as member with model interactions. (I am guessing model with model have too)

Would be interested in hearing more about that... IOW, how, and which, RL interaction styles and trends influence the webcam chatroom? For example, people in general are paying more attention to their phones these days at the expense of people around them. Maybe that encourages passivity and lack of engagement.

Sevrin said:
Some models raise the bar considerably in terms of professionalism, but even those didn't have it all figured out their first day.

I think "professionalism" is the problem, unless you mean basic honesty, delivering what's promised for tips, etc. The flip side is ones that are just sitting there saying, "give me your money". Things used to feel more laid back, models were more real, themselves, however you want to put it, they would hang out and talk, and they wouldn't pressure their room for tips as much. Competition and Camscore seem like good explanations for the shift. They feel more pressured, so they act that way. But that still doesn't make it good.

Not to say there aren't still some very cool ladies on the site. Just a general shift. More models come across as greedy and arrogant, but it could be in part because they're fighting each other for tips more now.

I think "professionalism" is the problem, unless you mean basic honesty, delivering what's promised for tips, etc. The flip side is ones that are just sitting there saying, "give me your money". Things used to feel more laid back, models were more real, themselves, however you want to put it, they would hang out and talk, and they wouldn't pressure their room for tips as much. Competition and Camscore seem like good explanations for the shift. They feel more pressured, so they act that way. But that still doesn't make it good.

Not to say there aren't still some very cool ladies on the site. Just a general shift. More models come across as greedy and arrogant, but it could be in part because they're fighting each other for tips more now.

Another explanation I can offer is the members hardly ever put in any effort to be social either. Perhaps they too feel pressured to tip if they acknowledge they are watching. But it is very hard to keep a social atmosphere when you are talking to yourself for 20 minutes and nobody says anything back. This is especially true below the 5000 camscore line where models are sitting in a room of 26 viewers with only 4 or 5 premiums watching them.

Another explanation I can offer is the members hardly ever put in any effort to be social either. Perhaps they too feel pressured to tip if they acknowledge they are watching. But it is very hard to keep a social atmosphere when you are talking to yourself for 20 minutes and nobody says anything back. This is especially true below the 5000 camscore line where models are sitting in a room of 26 viewers with only 4 or 5 premiums watching them.

Thiiiis. Almost every model would love to have a fun, chill, social room, but it's impossible when your room is super quiet. And then comes the paradox of nobody talking because nobody's talking.

It is hard to be a chipper, upbeat model when you're talking to a blank screen. I agree it's less fun to watch, but it becomes cyclical - nothing's going on, so she's boring, so nobody talks, so nothing is going on, and so it goes forever. It's tough, haha.

Since there are so many girls out there now this might take a bit longer than before...

I think that's all he meant, that there are more "low-quality" models bringing the average down, not that each model individually is "worse" than 3 years ago. The quality of a webcam model is so subjective though, that that sentiment is practically meaningless.

On a general note, I have been thinking about the way supply and demand have been discussed, and I feel the need to get the thoughts out of my head:

Firstly, I notice that the product being discussed is models, and I do not believe this is correct. A model acts as a firm, and the product, as I have sen it said in other threads, is time; specifically, interaction time.

The law of demand states that as price increases, the quantity demanded decreases. If chatting constitutes consumption of that time, then a simple explanation may be that members are not chatting because they are not willing to pay for the interaction. If the object of the discussion is to determine why members are less willing, or perhaps able, to part with their money, then several explanations have already been offered in the thread. Changes in income may make members less willing to spend on luxuries. The option of going outside may be driving some members away from the site. The discussion in the last few posts, and in some other threads has focused mainly on expectations. Several members have expressed that some bad experiences have lowered their expectations of what they will get for their tokens, and some models have expressed concern over this phenomenon. In addition, the increase in models means that members can get more interaction time for fewer token by simply scrolling down the page, though I would imagine this has always been the case. On the other side, the law of supply states that as prices decrease, the quantity supplied decreases. In other words, if you don't feel that a model is giving enough of her time when you tip, maybe you should tip more, or maybe you should find another model.

I will end with an analogy: To my mind, tipping a webcam model is a lot like tipping a busker. If you throw a few coins in their hat, you can't really expect much more than a "thank you", or a "thank you very much" for more than a few coins. If you pass that busker regularly, though, and you tip them when you pass, then they might remember you, and they will probably appreciate your supporting them with what you can. After a while, they might be willing to chat for a bit if they don't have a crowd, but you can't expect them to give up income to talk to you. Building relationships takes time, and building relationships with performers while they are performing takes money.

I imagine that some people may read this and think, "That's nice, but this is like a guy sitting there with a guitar, and a sign that says he will play a song if he gets $50 in his case. Who would tip for that?" To that I say, maybe that guy started out playing his songs and waiting for tips, and enough people listened to him to know he's that damn good. Or maybe it's not just another guy with a guitar; maybe it's a guy with a monkey and a concertina. You may not be interested, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who will be.

Thiiiis. Almost every model would love to have a fun, chill, social room, but it's impossible when your room is super quiet. And then comes the paradox of nobody talking because nobody's talking.

It is hard to be a chipper, upbeat model when you're talking to a blank screen. I agree it's less fun to watch, but it becomes cyclical - nothing's going on, so she's boring, so nobody talks, so nothing is going on, and so it goes forever. It's tough, haha.

Why is this happening? If you (meaning, camgirl/models in general) want to turn the trend around, then it's necessary to find the cause(s) and then take targeted actions to bring about change. Some of the advice I've read in this thread is incremental: basically just telling individual models to not get discouraged and to ride it out (the business is cyclical, etc.). Or there are suggestions for techniques that models can use in their rooms to encourage participation. All of this is good advice for the individual model who can put it into practice, but it doesn't address the structural problem of members being spread too thinly among a growing group of models.

My experience has been that being an active participant in an MFC chatroom requires a huge amount of time and attention, and those are in short supply for most people. I do it because I enjoy it, but I don't do it that often these days; maybe once or twice a week in the evenings. I just can't justify spending more time (and tokens) on it. There's too much else to do, too many other claims on my bank account. There's no way I could actively participate in two or more rooms at the same time. If I want to keep an eye on a second room, but not participate, I view it as a guest in another browser, or maybe from the lounge.

So, I still think that one of the leading problems is that member's attention is being pulled in too many directions because there are so many choices (models). The fewer premium members there are in a chatroom, the more difficult it is to get participation. I frequently will come across a model I want to check out, but if I see that there are just a few premiums in it, I will usually watch as a guest or from the lounge, because at that point, I just don't want to commit the time and energy to participate, and I feel like I would have to participate if I came in as a Premium.

So I've been following this thread for a few days now and thought I would add some of my thoughts on the situation. And granted I have my own opinions on camscore I'm going to avoid that for now. One of the things that I've noticed about rooms that have become more quiet or that seem to hit a lull. And granted this is just based on a few of the models that I used to frequent. It's that they have become very stagnant in what they do. It's just the same show setup everyday and it just kind of wears thin. I understand the need for countdowns to meet goals and all that.

But does it really just have to be (outfit, bra/panties, and then x). Like I don't know what it is, but some of these models use to do these same setups all the time but they played games, or did other stuff to kind of spur the interactions. Now it's just they get on cam and its the same exact layout every day but nothing but just the article to take off and the count to reach it.

I mean they might sprinkle in spanks, or raffle tickets, or song requests, but really its just article to remove and x number of tokens to take it down. And in between its just plugs for their snapchat, twitter, and other things.

I will always contend that activity is a two way street. We can't expect the model to just carry a conversation for a room the entire time on her own especially if there are dozens to hundreds of people in her room. But, at the same time the models shouldn't expect that they can just log on and that's it. Or not be able to see that always doing the same exact things can tire out your regulars. For me models that I would visit multiple times a week, I now really only visit a few times a month or less. Not because I like them less, or don't enjoy them personally. I just find the same thing all the time boring, and in my experience directly telling these thoughts hasn't always been met openly. So to stay civil I keep my opinions of why the nights not really lively to myself.

So I've been following this thread for a few days now and thought I would add some of my thoughts on the situation. And granted I have my own opinions on camscore I'm going to avoid that for now. One of the things that I've noticed about rooms that have become more quiet or that seem to hit a lull. And granted this is just based on a few of the models that I used to frequent. It's that they have become very stagnant in what they do. It's just the same show setup everyday and it just kind of wears thin. I understand the need for countdowns to meet goals and all that.

But does it really just have to be (outfit, bra/panties, and then x). Like I don't know what it is, but some of these models use to do these same setups all the time but they played games, or did other stuff to kind of spur the interactions. Now it's just they get on cam and its the same exact layout every day but nothing but just the article to take off and the count to reach it.

I mean they might sprinkle in spanks, or raffle tickets, or song requests, but really its just article to remove and x number of tokens to take it down. And in between its just plugs for their snapchat, twitter, and other things.

I will always contend that activity is a two way street. We can't expect the model to just carry a conversation for a room the entire time on her own especially if there are dozens to hundreds of people in her room. But, at the same time the models shouldn't expect that they can just log on and that's it. Or not be able to see that always doing the same exact things can tire out your regulars. For me models that I would visit multiple times a week, I now really only visit a few times a month or less. Not because I like them less, or don't enjoy them personally. I just find the same thing all the time boring, and in my experience directly telling these thoughts hasn't always been met openly. So to stay civil I keep my opinions of why the nights not really lively to myself.

I agree with this 100%. It's hard as entertainers to keep the room fresh but it's definitely important to keep in mind that the same topic day in and day out WILL get old. Sometimes no topic (countdown) is better than having the same ones over and over.

I mean, there are always tons of models sitting alone in rooms wanting to do something fun/play games but if no one takes interest what is she supposed to do? Seriously, it's ridiculously easy to find models sitting in an empty or nearly empty room yet they have interesting topics. Honestly I understand that the removing clothing piece by piece thing gets boring, don't think it's not boring for the models either. I'm fairly new and I don't have a ton of "equipment" on hand but I've tried doing some stuff that's different from the norm but, most people aren't interested or just don't talk? The main people who talk in my room are the ones that I met when I still had the "new model" thing going for me which brought more people in. And they are great, but the problem is it's a small amount of people, and I can't just rely solely on them for tips forever, because they simply can't afford that. Tipping needs to be a bit of a group effort. Hence why there is a need for more members to participate and venture into rooms other than the ones they see at the top of the site. Also, it's very awkward for a model to have a bunch ( well. 3 - 5 ) of premiums sitting in her room saying absolutely nothing. Sometimes I think they must have their sound off or something, because I'll say something to them and they don't respond and end up leaving. So I end up sitting awkwardly in the room waiting for someone I know to come online. Super frustrating!

Edit: Imagine spending hours getting ready, brainstorming ideas for conversation and games, buying new toys or outfits, you've hyped yourself up. you're all excited and ready to go. Then you get on cam and 20 minutes later, still nobody has said a word to you and you've just been watching people come and go, ignoring your greetings. At this point, you're disheartened and your makeup has run. :dead:

Last edited:
....I mean they might sprinkle in spanks, or raffle tickets, or song requests, but really its just article to remove and x number of tokens to take it down. And in between its just plugs for their snapchat, twitter, and other things....

I agree, and this pattern seems to be more characteristic of newish models who've gotten past the "new model" stage without dropping out, and they haven't yet found their shtick, so they just follow a formula that a lot of other models use. And they will likely end up dropping out sooner or later unless they find a formula that clicks for them and their members. The magic formula might be some combination of looks, personality, quirks/uniqueness, and engaging activities in the room.

My current favorite model has been around for awhile, never sets a topic, and never gets even partially nude in public chat. She does her own thing and doesn't seem to feel a need to conform to a popular formula. I wouldn't want to see every model following her style, but she is refreshingly unique.

Yeah I imagine the majority never really bother to change the sort.

I do feel a difference in room size and new tippers/chatters when my camscore fluctuates. I try not to focus too much on it, but I do keep it within a range if I can help it. Camscore aside, I won't sit online for more than an hour if I'm not making some basic minimums as far as tokens go. Been operating this way for nearly 7 years and it's working out good enough.
How do you know what a basic minimum is? Or well did you have to calculate it?

How do you know what a basic minimum is? Or well did you have to calculate it?
Have you read the models only thread about how camscore is calculated?

This message from a year ago is still valid.

Having been to MFC on and off for a number of years now, things have changed over time. In the past, the models seemed to be much more open to the "social network" aspect of the site. They would log on and hang out, chat, and answer pms if you tipped to get on their friends list. Offline, they would answer MFC Mail. As things have evolved, a lot of the models have gotten more jaded, don't answer pms or MFC Mail (even if you tipped to get on their friends list), and the general vibe they give off is, "tip me or shut up".

The way I used to do things was to chat with a model for a while before taking her private, get to know each other a little bit, establish a connection, some flirtation. Most won't even take the time to do that now. You chat with them for five seconds and all they do is badger you to tip them or take them private, or if they're more popular, they just ignore you unless you tip them. If they're doing public shows, all they do is complain if somebody doesn't tip them for five seconds, when they used to chill out and be patient, and chat while waiting for the topic to be completed.

It used to be something different, where you could hang out and socialize in addition to the nudity aspect, but over time it feels more and more like going to a strip club. If you want something done, tip, otherwise shut up and keep your distance. That vibe comes from a lot of the models. I would think it was just me, but I've observed it with models I've never spoken to and other members. It's almost across the board.

Having more models competing with each other as the site has grown probably has some effect, and maybe that has led to a worse attitude by many. But it all seems a lot more blunt and matter-of-fact now. "I'm not here to chat or be your friend, I'm here to take my bra off when you tip me. Now shut up and quit trying to start a conversation". Questions like, "how was your day?" just get an annoyed response. That vibe definitely comes from a lot more models than it used to, from the get-go when you first talk to them.

It's funny because in my room I will ask anyone who talks in my chat how their day was. The way my personality is, I am extremely goofy, weird, and quirky. I prefer the social side of mfc. I only charge 10 tokens for pm and that person will be on my friends list with pm privilege forever. I even personally message them after thanking them and welcoming to my room in PM. Even when people chat in my room, I will always greet them and say hello to them even if they did not tip me, however the problem with this is how much attention you will continue to give that premium. I have had premiums come in my room day after day wanted to talk to me and give them attention and they have either tipped me 10 tokens once or they have never tipped me. Some premiums come in to see naked women which is why they tip, other premiums want to play games and gamble, and some premiums want love and attention FOR FREE. I understand this is a social website and some people want to get to know a person before investing their time, effort, and money, but when I use the term "freeloader" I mean it in every aspect there is to freeload and yes, it is possible to freeload attention from models. Do I ignore premiums now because of it? No, I still greet anyone in my room who wishes to talk to me, but if you say nothing in my chat room, I will not call out your name unless you are on my friendslist because I can imagine how awkward it is to be put on the spot like that since I am also awkward. It is a struggle when no one wants to talk because I have lots of things to talk about, I even ask general questions typed AND speech because one of my regulars is DEAF so I type in my chat room as well as speak. Think about how many premiums and tippers you missed ladies because you don't cater to all the types of people out there! I am kind of ranting here because I kinda started this whole debate after a year later because I have been watching a lot of the models on this thread and on this form for a whole year now. I was interested in becoming a myfreecams model for quite some time, but because I had no experience in this industry I had to do a lot of research and I found the Ambercutie forms a bit after I had already started (not sure how that worked out but im glad to be here anyways)
I decided to initiate this thread again because it's interesting to me how there is a pattern, and I wanted to see what the changes were after a year of MFC, I have not been a model for a year, only a couple of months, but I have learned a lot and the things I learned, comes from all of these responses and other threads I have read. I wish some models were not "annoyed" have a "worse attittude" I really do because when I watched some models as a guest to learn, some models were indeed like that and I swore to never be like that. However, there are still great models out there who are just so fun and amazing to talk to, even when I go on my premium account they greet me and are still nice to me. Some models only socialize if you do tip them, but some will socalize regardless. Those are the models I want to make friends with and talk to and hang out with. They are the type of models who have fun no matter what is going on in their room, quiet, busy, slow, fast, they always have a good time and that type of personality will make me want to spend some of my hard earned tokens I got on them because I know they are also trying their absolute best. From my research, I miss a lot of things about MFC years ago. I regret not signing up when I turned 18 and it's not because of the young age fetish thing, it's because three years ago, MFC was so much more social as stated in this quote, I missed out on that. I missed out meeting the premiums who want to talk to me and be interested in more for my body. Anyone can go look at a naked girl it doesnt take a lot, but to attract people by their intelligence, that is why the top models are the top models. They knew how to do this early on and that is why most premiums still stay and go to their room. I applauded them because they work hard and put tons of effort to continue to make it a social community. I am currently trying to engage my room to make it more of a social community with perverted fun. Kickaz Senpai taught me this a long time ago.

TLDR; Ladies, just have fun in your room. I know it's hard when no one talks, but remember from the premiums perspective, they are used to models treating them like crap and not wanting to get to know anything about them except how much tokens they have in their pocket. Just remember these guys are people too with their own life struggles, just like yours. Be patient. They have to filter through hundreds of models to find you and give you a chance. Just tough it out, someone will make it worth your wild if you make it worth theres :)

I have count downs like this most of them time and then I end it with something soft-core but hopefully fun and entertaining for members. I have tried different types of topics and the more odd ball ones seem to confuse people - but maybe I should just keep trying? The problem with crazy or really creative shows is the time prepping for them needs to be matched with a fair token haul for the show on a consistent basis. Obviously there will be flops but too many flops in a row just tells a girl to stop trying (even if that is not the best thing to do in terms of freshness).

I'm a girl who has had to phase out/cut down on a lot of my more interesting (imo) shows that I like to to because the immense amount of time and effort offline to prep for them was routinely and often not compensated well enough while I was online. I would literally spend 5-8 hours prepping for these shows (occasionally many more hours), then be on cam for 4-10 hours and feel discouraged with the lack of support - even with a room filled with 300-900+ people enjoying whatever I was doing (on CB). I tested these types shows out for almost two years before I decided they needed a big cap on their frequency. I still do shows like this but not with the regularity I used to. It saddens me but that's the way it goes when people don't contribute or you don't find those viewers who will click with your style. The silver lining in all this is I have been trying to find faster ways of creating or prepping for things offline as well as keeping things interesting for members on a daily basis. Fortunately, since switching sites I have done far better on MFC than I ever did on CB, so some of my more creative shows have been increasing in number... which makes me very happy.

I've found that I get far more viewers but less tippers and once the chat gets going it's fine. Traffic increases as more people discover camsites (it's in the media so often...all publicity, good or bad) but it's not paying traffic. I think it's simply a sign of the economic times.

I've found that I get far more viewers but less tippers and once the chat gets going it's fine. Traffic increases as more people discover camsites (it's in the media so often...all publicity, good or bad) but it's not paying traffic. I think it's simply a sign of the economic times.
Like the last time I got on cam soo many people could watch but out all of them only a handful or so tip.
My current favorite model has been around for awhile, never sets a topic, and never gets even partially nude in public chat. She does her own thing and doesn't seem to feel a need to conform to a popular formula. I wouldn't want to see every model following her style, but she is refreshingly unique.
I really was thinking about this all day and tested it out , it seems that the room didn't know how to respond without the goal or topic. And I kept trying to negotiate like donations to keep the breast out. But I don't think people actually listen sometimes and therefore the topic is needed , atleast for me . They just got too use to it . :C

Reactions: WickedTouch
I think some people have missed what I'm saying about repetition of shows. I fully expect countdowns and understand them.

But, what I think is boring is doing nothing to liven up the countdown.

So say the first part is 1000 tokens to remove shirt. In the past these models would do stuff like hangman blackjack, war, truth or dare etc.

Now we get the countdown but nothing else. And so it's just the same exact thing everyday and I think it can tire out regulars.

....I really was thinking about this all day and tested it out , it seems that the room didn't know how to respond without the goal or topic. And I kept trying to negotiate like donations to keep the breast out. But I don't think people actually listen sometimes and therefore the topic is needed , atleast for me . They just got too use to it . :C

I was disconcerted the first time or two I was in the model's room. I thought she had forgotten the topic, or it was maybe an impromptu quickie session. The model in question is part of that big group with cam scores between 2K and 6K or so. They're doing OK, but not killing it either. I don't think the no-topic approach would work if you're doing the "normal" types of shows that members tend to expect, or if your goal is a five-digit cam score. And as I said previously, I definitely wouldn't want to see a lot models taking the no-topic approach. But this example shows that there are potentially an unlimited number of specialized, off-the-beaten-path "formulas" just waiting for the right model to discover one that clicks for her.

• Helpful!
Reactions: GreenDaisy_80
Ah , sorry the add gets me skimming through some parts .
But I understand I'm even tired of my same old topic.
It's a countdown til naked then countdown til cum.
But can't modles have both a countdown and fun games on the side?
I can't speak all I really have is spin the wheel tip to keep things random. I suck at cards ,except war, I can play that . Now I'm questioning that statement because I haven't played in a long time . And truth or dare and never have I ever ,could eaisly be thrown in on the side too one night. But I couldn't make it my whole topic unless guys had to tip to even play? Idk how that one would go. But I would love to hear advice on ways to improve,always !

I have count downs like this most of them time and then I end it with something soft-core but hopefully fun and entertaining for members. I have tried different types of topics and the more odd ball ones seem to confuse people - but maybe I should just keep trying? The problem with crazy or really creative shows is the time prepping for them needs to be matched with a fair token haul for the show on a consistent basis. Obviously there will be flops but too many flops in a row just tells a girl to stop trying (even if that is not the best thing to do in terms of freshness).

I'm a girl who has had to phase out/cut down on a lot of my more interesting (imo) shows that I like to to because the immense amount of time and effort offline to prep for them was routinely and often not compensated well enough while I was online. I would literally spend 5-8 hours prepping for these shows (occasionally many more hours), then be on cam for 4-10 hours and feel discouraged with the lack of support - even with a room filled with 300-900+ people enjoying whatever I was doing (on CB). I tested these types shows out for almost two years before I decided they needed a big cap on their frequency. I still do shows like this but not with the regularity I used to. It saddens me but that's the way it goes when people don't contribute or you don't find those viewers who will click with your style. The silver lining in all this is I have been trying to find faster ways of creating or prepping for things offline as well as keeping things interesting for members on a daily basis. Fortunately, since switching sites I have done far better on MFC than I ever did on CB, so some of my more creative shows have been increasing in number... which makes me very happy.

My experience is you should NEVER schedule special shows. The reason is camming is temperamental and you never know how much money there will be on the site and in your room in a particular day. And it doesn't matter how amazing your schedule show is, if there isn't money you won't make any and you will blame yourself, your show, and your viewers for not engaging when you could have failed equally doing your bread and butter routine.

Instead of scheduling a show, keep a handful of ideas in the back burner, things you could do today if you wanted to, if you find the vibe is right. So you start your show with no expectations and you keep a few different options to choose from once you figure out what kind of day it will be.

Then there is also the fact that some shows will make more money than others because of their nature and others won't make as much but they have other upsides: they make you look cool, differentiate you from the rest, they make your members respect you more. And so doing an artistic show like body painting or playing piano might not create as much money in the moment but they will help create a special image about you so people will remember you and next time they visit you, on a bread and butter show they will tip you because they remember.

So... I don't do artistic shows but I do games sometimes, which is similar and I don't schedule them, I keep them on the back burner for slow days. If I log on and there is not much going on I will bring out the games and conversation. And this is what I would recommend doing with artistic or offbeat shows.

I use to look at mfc traffic stats on Alexa a few years ago. Data was like this
% traffic

50% USA
7 % Germany
6 % Australia
4 % U.K
4 % India

now it looks like this

United States 30.2%
China 7.3%
India 6.8%
United Kingdom 5.8%
Japan 4.8%

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osmia
So say the first part is 1000 tokens to remove shirt. In the past these models would do stuff like hangman blackjack, war, truth or dare etc.

I think the reason less gals may be doing this is they may have had the experience I had. I NEVER made goals on game nights. Not an exaggeration. Traffic took a dive and new tippers were scarce - non existent.

Nights I chatted danced - goal making way more consistent.

Even though I don't do games frequently anymore I like to think every night is still different. It's like a lounge chatting with friends. Every day is a new one so we have different things to chat about. Everyday the mood is different.

I think it depends on the personality, most days I can carry my room on conversation and sass. Some days I need a push and I will bring out the cam girl gimmicks, but when I do that it's for me to push forward, not for the tokens because I know for me games aren't going garner tokens, but they will take my mind off it.

I use to look at mfc traffic stats on Alexa a few years ago. Data was like this
% traffic

50% USA
7 % Germany
6 % Australia
4 % U.K
4 % India

now it looks like this

United States 30.2%
China 7.3%
India 6.8%
United Kingdom 5.8%
Japan 4.8%

Interesting. It's probably a safe bet that the U.S. 20 point drop is being made up by increases in users from non-English speaking countries, who are less likely to participate in English language chat. It's also possible the number of U.S. users has remained relatively constant and the number of non-U.S. users has dramatically increased by comparison. Either way, the share of English-speaking users has declined significantly.

Do you have the absolute numbers? I couldn't see a way to get them without paying for an Alexa subscription.

I think the reason less gals may be doing this is they may have had the experience I had. I NEVER made goals on game nights. Not an exaggeration. Traffic took a dive and new tippers were scarce - non existent.

Nights I chatted danced - goal making way more consistent.

Even though I don't do games frequently anymore I like to think every night is still different. It's like a lounge chatting with friends. Every day is a new one so we have different things to chat about. Everyday the mood is different.

I think it depends on the personality, most days I can carry my room on conversation and sass. Some days I need a push and I will bring out the cam girl gimmicks, but when I do that it's for me to push forward, not for the tokens because I know for me games aren't going garner tokens, but they will take my mind off it.
AYE! I used to be more gimmicky ages ago, but I've discovered the caliber of my room increased by leaps and bounds when I dropped the hoop jumping and just enjoyed the company of my frands while we work on the show goal. I almost never do the same "show" two days in a row though... the more I offer, the less I'm tipped by new comers. I don't know what it is but it's been the same since I started almost 6 years ago. The more value I add to tipping the less people want to tip and the more unappreciated I feel which starts a nasty spiral downward in cam girl happiness and cheerful vibes.

Having zero participation when you are actively doing something that requires participation is embarrassing and defeating to a whole new level, I'm 100% certain the decrease in these types of shows is a result OF the trend of less interactive rooms than the other way around. At least, that was my reason for changing my entire cam girl persona a few years ago and it's still one of the smartest choices I've ever made.

Having zero participation when you are actively doing something that requires participation is embarrassing and defeating to a whole new level,
Oh man ain't that the truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.