AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music through manycam so that customers can't hear me talk at certain times.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReinaStorm

Cam Model
Sep 20, 2015
United States
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@goddessgypsy
MFC Username
ReinaSunshine
Streamate Username
Goddess_Gypsy
Chaturbate Username
Goddess_Gypsy
I work on cam but I also have my own phone sex business and another job where I'm an adviser and give Relationship Advice.

I see girls playing music where its somehow going through manycam but you can't hear what they are saying.

I have manycam and I have tried to find out how to do this by looking up video's and searching google and I haven't been able to find it.

I don't even know what its called. If I did I would probably have been able to find out how they do it.

Olivia used to do it all of the time. By the way I miss her :)

I really need to know how to do this so that if I get a short call I can make it where they only hear the music and not my conversation. I can then type to them or focus the camera on my cleavage or tease them with gestures while I take my call. Heck I can even do a countdown for 10 minutes.

Anyway, If anyone has any idea on how to make the music go through the computer speakers or manycam where they can't hear me talk please advise. There have been times I was on cam and had a nice amount of people in the room and had to tell them I'd be right back because I had a call and then the call just lasted 4 minutes and I lost everyone in the room and had to start over. This would really help me. Thanks in advance :) Gypsy

If you're on a computer with Windows you can do this through ManyCam or even by changing the selected mic in the broadcaster you're using (in the Flash settings, etc.) to Stereo Mix, which is a recording device that outputs whatever is going through your speakers. You might not be seeing Stereo Mix as an option, though, because it's disabled and hidden by default on most computers, and sometimes isn't available at all. If that's the problem you're having, here's a tutorial for how to get that device enabled: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/ (it's for Windows 7, but other versions of Windows are pretty much the same.)

If you want to control things through ManyCam, which might be easier to change on the fly, you'll need the pro version. Under the audio tab you'll add two different microphones: your camera and Stereo Mix. Then in your site's broadcaster you'll need to set your microphone to ManyCam. If you're listening to music through your speakers you won't want to broadcast with both mics enabled (they'll hear the music audio from your computer and your mic at the same time!), but you can mute one and unmute the other as needed.

I don't have ManyCam pro and don't even have version 5 installed, so if you need more specific instructions on where the settings are maybe someone else can help. 5 has lots more options, so if it works for you to play your music directly through ManyCam you could probably skip most of what I just wrote completely and just mute your mic when you get a call :p

I play music with Spotify on my computer. I chose "system sounds" in the audio options in manycam if I want my stream to only play the music streaming on my computer

• Helpful!
Reactions: Picnic
If you're on a computer with Windows you can do this through ManyCam or even by changing the selected mic in the broadcaster you're using (in the Flash settings, etc.) to Stereo Mix, which is a recording device that outputs whatever is going through your speakers. You might not be seeing Stereo Mix as an option, though, because it's disabled and hidden by default on most computers, and sometimes isn't available at all. If that's the problem you're having, here's a tutorial for how to get that device enabled: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/ (it's for Windows 7, but other versions of Windows are pretty much the same.)

If you want to control things through ManyCam, which might be easier to change on the fly, you'll need the pro version. Under the audio tab you'll add two different microphones: your camera and Stereo Mix. Then in your site's broadcaster you'll need to set your microphone to ManyCam. If you're listening to music through your speakers you won't want to broadcast with both mics enabled (they'll hear the music audio from your computer and your mic at the same time!), but you can mute one and unmute the other as needed.

I don't have ManyCam pro and don't even have version 5 installed, so if you need more specific instructions on where the settings are maybe someone else can help. 5 has lots more options, so if it works for you to play your music directly through ManyCam you could probably skip most of what I just wrote completely and just mute your mic when you get a call :p
Thank you very much :)

Does anyone know how to do the same thing on mac? Thank you in advance :)
You're going to want to use an app called "Soundflower" and then in your system settings select "Multi-Output Device" for your output so you can hear the system sounds through your headphones/speakers. Then select soundflower 2ch for you mic on your broadcaster (this is for MFC, not sure about other streaming sites).

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
You're going to want to use an app called "Soundflower" and then in your system settings select "Multi-Output Device" for your output so you can hear the system sounds through your headphones/speakers. Then select soundflower 2ch for you mic on your broadcaster (this is for MFC, not sure about other streaming sites).
Magnolia, thanks for help! Is the multi-output device supposed to be an option on this menu? Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 11.03.04 AM.png

I play music with Spotify on my computer. I chose "system sounds" in the audio options in manycam if I want my stream to only play the music streaming on my computer
I have a quick question regarding multi camming.
I am new to camming and want to multi cam on split cam with about 10 different sites.
have you ever attempted to work so many sites at once. ? if so how much do you normally make while working 1 camming day? how many hours(don't mean to be very personable) however looking to have fun and make a killing in this industry!

I am new to camming and want to multi cam on split cam with about 10 different sites.
have you ever attempted to work so many sites at once. ? if so how much do you normally make while working 1 camming day? how many hours(don't mean to be very personable) however looking to have fun and make a killing in this industry!
No and I highly suggest against split camming on more than one site unless you have no intention of making a career of this.

Reactions: SaffronBurke

10 at once? Whoa. One person simply can't manage that, and your computer probably can't, either.

I used to do two sites at a time on occasion. Say it's super slow on Streamate, I'd pull up Cams.com with another webcam and broadcast there as well, because it's a similar type of site and is typically slow enough that I can split my attention between the two easily. But if one got busy, I would log off on the other, because it's so hard to keep up with the chat on multiple sites at once.

Sure, it may seem like a good idea to broadcast to as many sites as possible, but, in reality, customers are going to see that you're distracted with other sites, or get grumpy that you're not paying enough attention to them because you have all these other sites you're trying to work, and they'll leave and spend elsewhere.

So what do you then do with that aggregate device?
In your sound settings select soundflower for the input and multi-output device for your output. Then on MFC just select 2ch :)

I saw this response a few days ago and got a ton of complaints about how it was way too loud. Any idea how to turn it down/maybe hear it for yourself how loud it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.