AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The iWantClips Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To all international models,

There were recently some changes to payout options that were announced on September 26th. We wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of the new changes by email as well.

The following changes to the payout policies went into effect Friday September 30th 11:59PM EST:

International Wiring Updates

The first wire each month is free if a $1,000 minimum has been met.
Wires less than the amount of $1,000 will incur a $50 fee.
There is an option under express pay to have your payouts withheld until you reach this $1,000 minimum.
Any additional wires per month will also incur a fee of $50.
If a wire is requested to be sent in USD, there will be a $10 fee per wire (applicable to all wires).
Please note we will not process a payout with a fee unless directed to do so. We will hold all wires under $1,000 until you acknowledge this email and tell us to process your payout.

Emailed Checks
  • We will no longer be physically mailing out international checks.
  • All models will be able to receive checks via email and will be delivered instantly to their inbox.
  • Once a model receives a check via email, the model will need to do the following:
  • Print the check, sign the back and deposit it at the preferred banking institution.
  • Instructions will be attached to the check for further clarification.
  • It has been recommended to use the mobile deposit feature of one's bank (if available) to deposit emailed checks.

Payoneer

Payoneer is available now. If one selects Payoneer as a payout method, there will be a link to connect with us. Within this link one can either:
  • Register for a new Payoneer account.
  • Or can login to an existing Payoneer account to complete the connection process.
  • Once successfully connected, there will be no more button to connect via Payoneer.
  • If a model/studio is considering choosing Payoneer as a payout method, we encourage them to create an account now so they can be approved by Payoneer ahead of time. Be aware that Payoneer has their own approval process and the earlier an account is created, the more time one can save when receiving payments. The payout processing time through Payoneer may take up to 5 business days. However, once successfully processed there will be no additional waiting time. Funds are usually delivered to your accountswithin 2 hours.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly by sending an email to billing@iwantclips.com

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Kind Regards,

~ The iWantClips Team

wire is requested to be sent in USD, there will be a $10 fee per wire (applicable to all wires)

If the first wire is free why would it incur fees if we request USD? You send checks in USD already so why would you charge us to send the currency your site operates on?

Wondering because I use a Canadian US dollar account and my bank does not charge any kind of additional fee that would warrant this.

My store has been inactive for months since the "update" and all their associated bullshit pissed me off to the point I disabled all my clips.

Today I sold a clip....
Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 08.39.18.png

If the first wire is free why would it incur fees if we request USD? You send checks in USD already so why would you charge us to send the currency your site operates on?

Wondering because I use a Canadian US dollar account and my bank does not charge any kind of additional fee that would warrant this.

Hi Serenity_Tam,

Our bank charges us a $10 fee per wire for sending the wire in US dollars versus local currency. We're not marking anything up but rather passing along the fee for special requests. You can find more information here: https://iwantclips.com/customer_services/payout_policy#express and if you have further questions, please reach out to billing@iwantclips.com. We hope this helps! :)

Warm Regards,
~The iWantClips Team

And now just sold a custom clip... What the actual fuck is wrong with this site?

Hello AerynShade,

Thank you for contacting us. We must say the site updates have really proven to pay off! We have seen sales boost exponentially over these last 6 months! In regards to your clip that was able to be purchased, we have our Tech Team looking into this and will get back to you through email with a resolution. Looking further, you're account was not cancelled, just your clips taken down from the site. However, at this time we have went ahead and cancelled your account. No one will have the ability to purchase a custom clip from you or anything for that matter. We appreciate you utilizing the forums for communication. In the future, if you see fit you may contact us on the following avenues: CustomerExperience@iWantClips.com, Skype, LiveChat, Twitter @IWantClips or phone. All of which can be found at the bottom of our home page by clicking, "Contact Us".

Kind Regards,
~The iWantClips Team

This was the second email I sent your site:

Since my first email got no response (WOW surprise there) I'm writing again to you. I wanted to let you know how fucked up it is you are not covering CB's anymore. As a site you do NOTHING. You are a host pretty much, we are the ones working hard as fuck to make these videos, these customs, take skype's WITH OUR TIME. A customer decides to be an ass or whatever and does a chargeback.. Before it was covered and now, now it's not. Thats bullshit for us models who work our asses off to create all this amazing content for YOUR site. Now we are being penalized because YOU don't want to pay for chargebacks that are not even OUR fault. It would be different if you never covered them but you did and now this 5 percent thing (WHICH IS BULLSHIT) to opt in.. WE have to pay for OUR content to be safe. How is this fair? How is this a good business practice? because it isn't. If this does not get fixed and you stand your ground with this new bullshit rule I will end up leaving. I believe I will not be the first and I'm sure many models will follow because this is messed up. You don't see a bigger picture here as a site. With clips4sale not covering chargebacks and you were that gave you more incentive. This along with all your site issues and glitches to NEVER answering emails will end you eventually. Especially once a new site or even c4s decides to cover cb's after seeing the outrage of models complaining about this you are done. I really hope you realize you loosing 60k is nothing compared to the money YOU are making from us. With top girls pulling in 40k a month or more and I'm sure everyone in the top 20 do VERY VERY well on this site ; 60k for the year is NOT a lot of money FOR OUR protection.

So IWC are pocketing 40% of the sale, as when i check out, im being charged 40% on top of the sale of the custom. That is a 60/40 split. Now if you opt in on chargeback insurance, you will earn 55% of the sale, and they will earn 45%. Higher than any other competitor. They seem to have a lot of people fooled...

After that they go around and advertise 100% commission!!

This is very dishonest advertising:
https://twitter.com/IWCRecruiting/st...906796548?s=09

Its basically hiding the real commission and viewable only to member. Tomorrow all clipsites can say put a vid at 10$, you will get 10$, but we will charge 15$ on checkout. Then go say to everyone: WE GIVE 100% COMMISSION on all your vid sales.

That is an absolute lie, and dishonest marketing fooling models to believe they are getting a great deal.

The keyword in all of this is Commission. Its not 100% commission off the sale, its 60% commission, and 55% commission if you opt in on chargeback insurance.

As a member, if I want to support my favorite model and she directs me to IWC because she tells me she gets 100% commission on customs, only to learn that IWC take actually 40%-45% of the sale, I would be pissed! Everywhere on social media, and on your model signup page, its saying 100% commission, where actually that is a flagrant lie. I think you owe us members, and the models, an answer. You are actually now giving back less than the competition (if you add the new 5% chargeback insurance which gives the models 55% of a sale of a custom).

This was the second email I sent your site:

Since my first email got no response (WOW surprise there) I'm writing again to you. I wanted to let you know how fucked up it is you are not covering CB's anymore. As a site you do NOTHING. You are a host pretty much, we are the ones working hard as fuck to make these videos, these customs, take skype's WITH OUR TIME. A customer decides to be an ass or whatever and does a chargeback.. Before it was covered and now, now it's not. Thats bullshit for us models who work our asses off to create all this amazing content for YOUR site. Now we are being penalized because YOU don't want to pay for chargebacks that are not even OUR fault. It would be different if you never covered them but you did and now this 5 percent thing (WHICH IS BULLSHIT) to opt in.. WE have to pay for OUR content to be safe. How is this fair? How is this a good business practice? because it isn't. If this does not get fixed and you stand your ground with this new bullshit rule I will end up leaving. I believe I will not be the first and I'm sure many models will follow because this is messed up. You don't see a bigger picture here as a site. With clips4sale not covering chargebacks and you were that gave you more incentive. This along with all your site issues and glitches to NEVER answering emails will end you eventually. Especially once a new site or even c4s decides to cover cb's after seeing the outrage of models complaining about this you are done. I really hope you realize you loosing 60k is nothing compared to the money YOU are making from us. With top girls pulling in 40k a month or more and I'm sure everyone in the top 20 do VERY VERY well on this site ; 60k for the year is NOT a lot of money FOR OUR protection.

wait, what? Was this sent out as a notice and I just didn't get it?
We have to pay 5% of our earnings to cover chargebacks? What fresh hell is this?
So what exactly are they taking a percentage of our earnings for to begin with then other than site running costs...?

wait, what? Was this sent out as a notice and I just didn't get it?
We have to pay 5% of our earnings to cover chargebacks? What fresh hell is this?
So what exactly are they taking a percentage of our earnings for to begin with then other than site running costs...?

What? Paying 5% of earnings to cover chargebacks?
That's bullshit!

Yes, an email was sent out to models a few days ago. Previously, IWC covered all chargebacks (unless they were super large, in which case the model had to cover it). However, they decided to no longer cover CBs for everyone, as before. Instead, you may decide to opt in to a special Chargeback protection program - if you pay 5% of your earnings every month, then any and all potential chargebacks are covered. This is not mandatory by any means - models may choose to pay the extra percentage or risk the chargebacks.

Reactions: Rose
Yes, an email was sent out to models a few days ago. Previously, IWC covered all chargebacks (unless they were super large, in which case the model had to cover it). However, they decided to no longer cover CBs for everyone, as before. Instead, you may decide to opt in to a special Chargeback protection program - if you pay 5% of your earnings every month, then any and all potential chargebacks are covered. This is not mandatory by any means - models may choose to pay the extra percentage or risk the chargebacks.
Still bullshit though. They should cover chargebacks free of charge.

Well, that's horse shit.

I didn't get the email, either...weird.
Not that it really affects me since I've made like $4 on IWC, total, ever. But it's still a really shitty business move. Not impressed.

Paying 5% of the money you work hard for in order to be protected from a chargeback is insane.

Paying 5% of the money you work hard for in order to be protected from a chargeback is insane.

I agree 1 million percent. They aren't creating all the beautiful content that goes on there site we are. So we are getting penalized for guys who decide to do chargebacks. There making a stink because they covered 60k over the WHOLE year. When top models make 1k a day (or MORE) I believe they can pay for OUR protection. They responded and said they would be sending out another email next week regarding CB's I'm hoping they change there mind OR realize how many models they pissed off and will leave there site if they don't fix this.

Which clipsites cover chargebacks for free?

Honestly I think they all do...kinda. What I mean is I'm fairly certain they all cover them, but they simply have a lower percentage cut for the model. I think we'd have all been ok with the change if it had merely been say a 60% cut from the beginning, but when we got emailed SURPRISE! YOU HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE YOUR ASS COVERED! we weren't exactly thrilled with the random switch of gears. Plus it did come off as pretty unprofessional.

Considering they mark 100% commission on custom vids, as a user, I was very surprised they took 40%. I was brought to that site under the impression that she was getting 100% (this coming from the model). Now with 5% chargeback insurance, she will get 55% of my money, which is less than all the other competitors...
I do not think the models realize that they are getting only 60% of their fans money, and 55% if the opt in for CB insurance.

Honestly I think they all do...kinda. What I mean is I'm fairly certain they all cover them, but they simply have a lower percentage cut for the model. I think we'd have all been ok with the change if it had merely been say a 60% cut from the beginning, but when we got emailed SURPRISE! YOU HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE YOUR ASS COVERED! we weren't exactly thrilled with the random switch of gears. Plus it did come off as pretty unprofessional.
But 5% of your earnings added to the cut? That's unacceptable!

Which clipsites cover chargebacks for free?
None. All sites take a portion of models' money and use it for business costs. But, most sites are smart enough not to outline why there are suddenly taking a higher percentage with a specific purpose like charge backs. Whomever decided to approach it that way instead of just saying that costs were rising forcing them to take a larger percentage should be fired. It was a major misstep in a small community.

I'm curious to see how many models are worried enough about cbs to take a 5% cut? Is my math crazy or would that need to mean there would be a major amount of cbs happening? I wouldn't work with a site where I was cb often whether they covered it or not.

None. All sites take a portion of models' money and use it for business costs. But, most sites are smart enough not to outline why there are suddenly taking a higher percentage with a specific purpose like charge backs. Whomever decided to approach it that way instead of just saying that costs were rising forcing them to take a larger percentage should be fired. It was a major misstep in a small community.

I'm curious to see how many models are worried enough about cbs to take a 5% cut? Is my math crazy or would that need to mean there would be a major amount of cbs happening? I wouldn't work with a site where I was cb often whether they covered it or not.

Just realized you're right it is none. I was thinking about how they normally banned folks who did chargebacks and wrote that confused. My bad. Yup. I don't think any really do, or not many.

Reactions: JickyJuly
Do fetish based clipsites tend to get more chargebacks then vanilla based clipsites?

I think everyone's gonna have a different number, but from the discussion I've seen, it seems like there aren't that many for most to quite justify paying 5%

Obviously this could be different for some.

Generally speaking most sites ban them, and the member will get hit by a fee from their bank, so it really isn't worth doing a cb most times anyway.

I was thinking about how they normally banned folks who did chargebacks and wrote that confused.
Yeah. We pretty much had the same thought. Also, if a site is taking 5% specifically for charge back costs only from girls who find that beneficial, do they have proper motivation to handle customers who charge back responsibly?

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Yeah. We pretty much had the same thought. Also, if a site is taking 5% specifically for charge back costs only from girls who find that beneficial, do they have proper motivation to handle customers who charge back responsibly?
How can anybody chargeback responsibly? Its fraud and illegal.

Even if they came back and said they would ban customers for charging back- they say they paid 60k in CB's which means if they DID ban guys then 60k would get lost in revenue because those guys who did CB's before didn't get banned (or not that I am aware of). I understand they are a business, but this was the first site that said they were FOR the model and had some cool features. I love that we can take customs *unlike c4s* and they have a form for it. I love that I get 100 percent for my custom because it is a lot of work and as a model we should get 100 percent for customs. I dislike how they charge the guy 40 percent fee (which IMO is super high). With ALL the site gliches, there support going WAYYY down hill and now this It's all a matter of time before we have another clipvia incident. I don't understand why models are supporting this either, it blows my mind that a model who has gotten a large chargeback would support this? Like I've said before we are the ones creating this content NOT IWC, without the models content there is no clip site. Why should I or any other model give 5 percent of an income that I EARNED? they didn't earn it, they didnt spend hours filming, editing, exporting and uploading. Oh and also writing descriptions. They just responded to me after a week and said they would be releasing a statement early this week about CB's Im curious to see what it is and if they will realize how fucked up it is that they are doing this. They wait for a week before payouts to drop huge bombs on models like this. It's really sketchy and very unprofessional.

I want to add I used to LOVE IWC and I even considered producing exclusive content and I see the earning potential of this site but all of the issues, crappy support (lately), site glitches and now this.

Also apparently MV is now covering CB's but I deleted all my stuff off there and won't go back due to there stupid contests, daily grind and favoritism towards models. Along with more shady business practices. I think it's awesome they are covering CB's but the way they did it by bashing IWC is just childish.

Even if they came back and said they would ban customers for charging back- they say they paid 60k in CB's which means if they DID ban guys then 60k would get lost in revenue because those guys who did CB's before didn't get banned (or not that I am aware of). I understand they are a business, but this was the first site that said they were FOR the model and had some cool features. I love that we can take customs *unlike c4s* and they have a form for it. I love that I get 100 percent for my custom because it is a lot of work and as a model we should get 100 percent for customs. I dislike how they charge the guy 40 percent fee (which IMO is super high). With ALL the site gliches, there support going WAYYY down hill and now this It's all a matter of time before we have another clipvia incident. I don't understand why models are supporting this either, it blows my mind that a model who has gotten a large chargeback would support this? Like I've said before we are the ones creating this content NOT IWC, without the models content there is no clip site. Why should I or any other model give 5 percent of an income that I EARNED? they didn't earn it, they didnt spend hours filming, editing, exporting and uploading. Oh and also writing descriptions. They just responded to me after a week and said they would be releasing a statement early this week about CB's Im curious to see what it is and if they will realize how fucked up it is that they are doing this. They wait for a week before payouts to drop huge bombs on models like this. It's really sketchy and very unprofessional.

I want to add I used to LOVE IWC and I even considered producing exclusive content and I see the earning potential of this site but all of the issues, crappy support (lately), site glitches and now this.

Also apparently MV is now covering CB's but I deleted all my stuff off there and won't go back due to there stupid contests, daily grind and favoritism towards models. Along with more shady business practices. I think it's awesome they are covering CB's but the way they did it by bashing IWC is just childish.
I've heard some models complain that MV is not fetish friendly.

I've heard some models complain that MV is not fetish friendly.

there not but thats not even the biggest issue with that site.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Editing to add this. https://chargeback.com/average-chargeback-rates-how-does-your-business-compare/

How can anybody chargeback responsibly? Its fraud and illegal.
Ha. :) I meant that if the site is profiting from girls' fear of charge backs (instead of just changing the percentage based on costs as a whole), will they still handle member who do charge backs by banning (as C4S does). If their claim is that charge backs alone take enough of their money to warrant an extra 5% and this much drama, I don't feel they are handling members who charge back well.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.