AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you ever worked on MyGirlFund?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: I haven't been active on MGF since summer of 2013 so read all of this with that in mind (aka my memory may be a little off on details and I welcome someone else to weigh in):

Yes, briefly (I suspect I still have an account over there, I haven't logged into it in years). It's a shitty website. Don't bother. Lots of girls dislike MGF and there was a spree of girls closing their accounts right around the time I started camming. They have incredibly strict rules and as I recall kind of terrible payout. Also the majority of the women on MGF can be found on other camsites, so there's no real reason to pursue someone over there.

Some foggy details: There were bizarre contests where a premium member would post a challenge, receive submissions, and then pick a winner. In effect the contest-holder was getting potentially 100+ videos / pictures from multiple women for a small reward that went to benefit one model. There was also an issue with writing "blogs" for MGF that had super strict rules—you couldn't mention camming at all, even in passing, even though they offer cam services. You could write a blog post for the site and other models would flag it within minutes if anything could be construed as amiss, leading to rumors that there was a "clique" of women who basically controlled the blog and would flag everyone's content but their own.

Edited to add that they're super strict about offsite contact to the point of banning girls who don't even mention it—if a member asks for offsite contact and the model says no, she's still in danger of being banned. This sounds ridiculous, I know, but I remember it happening multiple times to other girls in the few months I worked over there. /edit

That said, it's possible I never clicked well with the site and other people love it. I was getting my start on MFC at the time and I did pretty well pretty fast so I was focusing my efforts over there. :shrug: Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Yes! It's where I first started clips/cams January 2013. I have always made the most money on there out of everywhere I've been. I'm actually on my second account (long story, I got very burned out and left). But I did manage to support myself with only MGF for a little over two years.

Yep, I really liked it. I've heard a lot about their sketchy business but it never affected me. A lot of the issues girls complained about were a result of not reading or not liking the rules, which I actually did like in some cases. So it's definitely a preference thing.

Reactions: AJLive
When I started I liked it a lot. It was fun and I like the concept.

Support started to get a bit sketchy for me after a year or so.

Everytime I tried to cashout I kept getting an error screen for like 2 weeks (!!!) maybe more if i'm remembering correctly (this was awhile ago). I was fed up and wanting to close my account anyway because so many of the guys just became really rude to be fair that can happen on any site but it was becoming super unpleasant and yet i couldn't cash out to close my account. Support told me they didn't mail checks which is a lie since I had been getting checks from them for the year lol but yeah less than stellar ending to that site for me. I did get my money eventually though.

Is it as good as the 3 main camsites?

It's also very, very different. No other site has remotely similar dynamics, in my experience. It's very One-on-one and there's no public chat or member-to-member interaction at all. The cam system is also garbage (or was when I was there). Personally I made the vast majority of my money from video sales, messaging, & random tips -- I think overall my breakdown was like 5% live cam.

My experience was that guys were needier than what it was worth.

I found this too with the vast majority of guys. A few of my longest and most awesome regulars are from MGF but they were rare amongst the cheap and needy guys.

It's also very, very different. No other site has remotely similar dynamics, in my experience. It's very One-on-one and there's no public chat or member-to-member interaction at all. The cam system is also garbage (or was when I was there). Personally I made the vast majority of my money from video sales, messaging, & random tips -- I think overall my breakdown was like 5% live cam.

I found this too with the vast majority of guys. A few of my longest and most awesome regulars are from MGF but they were rare amongst the cheap and needy guys.
What do you mean by needy?

What do you mean by needy?

I don't understand the question. They were needy. They wanted too much attention from her. Not sure what you're asking. lmao.

The whole idea is to chat up a guy, befriend him and then the transactions MIGHT happen. There's no problem with becoming friendly and acquainted with your regulars but with MyGirlFund it's talking to a bunch of guys individually, typically the whole "oh hey how are you?" "good how is your day" sort of crap and it's incredibly boring and daunting for me. I'm giving a ton of guys individual attention, half the time they're just trying to talk dirty to me for free and the other half the time I don't even feel a connection to them.

It's either you have something in common with me, you buy my content or you move on because you aren't interested in both. And I hate talking to 5 guys at one time, wasting a good 5-10 minutes on one on one contact just to figure out which it will be.

It's basically social media based around sex, with the expectation to be yourself and become friends with the customer, but I find that impossible to fulfill because I can't pretend to have things in common with everyone I talk to.

I never cared for Mygirlfund. Guys were too needy and cheap for my taste. However, some models like the atmosphere and stay there. Frankly, extralunchmoney is pretty similar but you do not have to become besties with your customers. :cat:

I never cared for Mygirlfund. Guys were too needy and cheap for my taste. However, some models like the atmosphere and stay there. Frankly, extralunchmoney is pretty similar but you do not have to become besties with your customers. :cat:
ExtraLunchMoney felt more like clips4sale or ManyVids to me; basically more transaction-based (though ELM guys were also needier and cheaper than c4s/MV in my experience).

MGF was my first site ever. They banned me after I went out of town for a week and someone messaged me with contact info. They then told me I should of put I was out of town on my profile after I explained why I didn't respond, "No, offsite contact is not allowed." Refused to lift the ban.

Fuck them. They never side with models. They won't even let us models warn each other about time-wasters, scammers, trolls, whatnot. If you do, you could be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.