AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Paxum issues?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberblaze

Cam Model
Jan 9, 2015
The internet
Twitter Username
@Emberblazexxx
Streamate Username
Emberblazexxx
Is anyone else having chronic paxum issues?

When I first started using them I was doing cam shows through the short lived kink.com camsite. Kink live actually had to contact them on my behalf because they wouldn't activate my card for weeks after I did the activation steps. It would say it wasn't active and they would give me a link and that link would tell me it was already active but the card wouldn't work.

I used them for two years, my card was set to expire at the end of april. They charged me for a new card in march and asked for address verification again which I uploaded. They closed the ticket. I even asked why they were charging me so early and they said because they start the process months in advance to make sure I got the card on time.

The end of April came and my card expired without a new one in my hands. I contacted them and they told me they hadn't sent the request for a new one because I didn't want it.

What?

I asked if my address confirmation stuff was bad and they said no it was good and they would send the request asap to have my card printed. This was a month ago. My card has still not been printed. It has been over 10 business days. They took two weeks to even send the request to have it printed.

Then SM told me my paxum ID was bad. It looked like an error on SM's part but actually Paxum blocked it because I still have no idea why. Even after they denied my id had been blocked and that my account was fine they finally apologized and said something got messed up while they were down for maintenance that didn't get reactivated when they came back up.

In the meantime I used firstchoice one week (who are great) but then I switched back to paxum to use EFT withdrawls. This was working fine until myself and another model found our money had been returned to our paxum accounts this morning after having weeks of no issues withdrawing to our CAD accounts.

Has paxum completely gone off the rails here or am I and the other model friend just having isolated bad luck?

And before you suggest it yes I am switching everything over to Firstchoice. I have contacted their representative on here to ask if there is a way I can do EFT to my bank (I came over from payoneer) but even if I can't I'll go to the bank machine every week and withdraw from the card and then into my account.

I know I'm really lucky because this is a) not my main source of income and b) financially I'm doing well but I cant help but wonder how many people are getting totally screwed by paxum.

Update although no one is paying attention lol.

Paxum is at least a month behind on getting cards out. I'm not sure if this is worldwide or just to my province. They told my model friend last week her card was printed and on its way (she paid for the card early April) but told her today it's not even printed.

Withdrawal to a bank account no longer works with them (at least in Canada)

They won't confirm my credit card to withdraw to an external card and aren't forthcoming on sending our money in any other way (such as paper check)

I have switched to firstchoicepay because paxum wasn't getting another 1k from me this week to hoard indefinitely. But Paxum happily accepted my friends money this week from SM even though they have zero way of paying her weeks worth of money they owe her.

• Hugs
Reactions: KylieJacobs
fwiw, I received my card (a month or so ago) in the post from them in a reasonable time frame (a month or so, free post, across the planet).

is your external card listed with the exact same name you're signed up to Paxum with? it's not your hubby's card, or under your maiden name or any other variable like that different from the verification ID you submitted to Paxum? because they won't let you use anything (bank accounts, cards, etc.) in a name that doesn't match your verification, 'coz tax evasion or whatevs

Then SM told me my paxum ID was bad. It looked like an error on SM's part but actually Paxum blocked it because I still have no idea why

not sure what this means
IIRC, Chaturbate only asked for the corresponding email address (much like using paypal), and they were able to deposit into the Paxum account of whoever signed up to Paxum with that email address (me). I have no idea what my 'paxum ID' is, nor have I had to provide it to anyone.

I have switched to firstchoicepay because paxum wasn't getting another 1k from me this week to hoard indefinitely. But Paxum happily accepted my friends money this week from SM even though they have zero way of paying her weeks worth of money they owe her.

both you and your friend have the option of clicking 'reverse' on any payments you've received in your Paxum balance if you want to basically opt out of your account, have it sent back to SM, and hopefully SM knows how to re-credit your account with them accordingly. and then you can choose a new payout method and avoid Paxum.

Last edited:
fwiw, I received my card (a month or so ago) in the post from them in a reasonable time frame (a month or so, free post, across the planet).

is your external card listed with the exact same name you're signed up to Paxum with? it's not your hubby's card, or under your maiden name or any other variable like that different from the verification ID you submitted to Paxum? because they won't let you use anything (bank accounts, cards, etc.) in a name that doesn't match your verification, 'coz tax evasion or whatevs

not sure what this means
IIRC, Chaturbate only asked for the corresponding email address (much like using paypal), and they were able to deposit into the Paxum account of whoever signed up to Paxum with that email address (me). I have no idea what my 'paxum ID' is, nor have I had to provide it to anyone.

both you and your friend have the option of clicking 'reverse' on any payments you've received in your Paxum balance if you want to basically opt out of your account, have it sent back to SM, and hopefully SM knows how to re-credit your account with them accordingly. and then you can choose a new payout method and avoid Paxum.

Everything is in my name exactly as it should be. I was approved for a card. They literally just shat the bed and didn't send the request to the bank.

I did not know about the reverse payment thing! Thank you for that. I think this transfer is going to go through. Although they did some thing where they routed my Canadian dollars to euros and then back to Canadian dollars after I had already paid the conversion from USD to CAD. Which cost me another 75 dollars on top of the amount I had already paid. So they must be routing EFTs in a weird way to make them complete.

Once I have this money I can cut all remaining ties with them thankfully.

I think this transfer is going to go through. Although they did some thing where they routed my Canadian dollars to euros and then back to Canadian dollars after I had already paid the conversion from USD to CAD. Which cost me another 75 dollars on top of the amount I had already paid. So they must be routing EFTs in a weird way to make them complete.

if you were transferring about $2400 that's a normal amount to lose to conversion fees by any method.

if you were transferring about $2400 that's a normal amount to lose to conversion fees by any method.

Nope. Not even remotely close. It was a payout for a really poor week for me. I lost just over 4 times what I normally would have lost in the exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.