AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Selling Photosets

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyOh

Cam Model
May 2, 2017
MFC Username
RileyOh
I've been doing nude modeling for years before I started on MFC. So I have tons of sets to sell. Do I sell them straight off Mfc, send buyers the files myself, or use another site to host them?

Also, how much should be charged for them?

I've been doing nude modeling for years before I started on MFC. So I have tons of sets to sell. Do I sell them straight off Mfc, send buyers the files myself, or use another site to host them?

Also, how much should be charged for them?
There are multiple ways to monetize your photos.
Indeed MFC is one of them - selling image packs for tips can increase your token balance.
Another option is to sell them via your own website and that can be very helpful (lucrative) if you want to step up and build your brand/image (not recommended if you want to fly under the radar as a no-name webcam performer).

If you decide to sell them via MFC you can upload the sets on dropbox and password protect them .. On MFC you can add password protected galleries (tip to access) -- the gallery can contain a single image with the password and the link (use shortlink service to make the url shorter) of your dropbox photoset.
The user tips you on MFC to access the gallery, they receive the password and the link for the set... So no need for you to be online to receive tips, no need to deliver them by email... Works by itself.
Sounds complex for some, but you can relax and receive those tokens effortless :)

I've found selling smaller sets work better, that's mostly because my usual bare minimum is $1 per photo, so if I have a set with 50 photos that's $50 and that's quite a bit for a guy to invest just for photos and it'd actually be more like $100 for them if you are making $50 off the set (since we only get about half what tokens cost as payout) I find selling 10-20 works best and sometimes I'll do deals like oh today you can get 15 photos for the price of 10 (so $10 for 15 instead of $15 for 15) I also just upload them all to a password protected folder on MFC mainly because I don't like hosting my photos one place and selling them somewhere else, that might just be me though that doesn't like the crossover

If you can, maybe try multiple ways of selling them (MFC, independant sites, etc.) and see which works best.
Exactly.
Spreading your photo-sets and selling them via other websites/services/platforms is increasing the chances to be purchased. IndieBill for example can be another helpful website/service.

@BelleThacher - I have to agree with you on one thing, 5$/1 pack with 5 images will sell much faster rather than 50$/1 pack with 50 photos.

The fact is that, even if you sell your images on a single website (MFC for example) or multiple websites, at some point, few of your images will appear on other websites too, maybe not full packs but here and there... that's one downside of adult industry and adult content... your own content displayed/uploaded on other websites without your consent.

Well, good luck and have fun, the rest will follow :)

Reactions: yummybrownfox
So a dollar profit, charging the customer 2 per photo? (just to clarify)
& for the photos ending up elsewhere, would it be a good idea to watermark them so at least it'll be advertising?

So a dollar profit, charging the customer 2 per photo? (just to clarify)
& for the photos ending up elsewhere, would it be a good idea to watermark them so at least it'll be advertising?
The price value is up to you. 1$ per 1 photo is fair from my point of view but it also depends on photo quality, resolution, size... so on.
Adding a watermark is not a bad idea at all and yes its a soft-advertising method.
Another method you can use is editing the image metadata (exif) ... jpeg images are easier to mark this way.
Example (I use Windows operating system):
Right click on the jpeg image , select Properties, Details tab and there are a few boxes you can edit. BTW Google image crawlers are reading the metadata (exif) ... it will be helpful if you want to see where your images are posted/indexed ... (no guaranties to display on SERP)

Status
Not open for further replies.