AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Selling Clothes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Maxx

Cam Model
Jun 15, 2023
Texas
MFC Username
SarahMaxx
Chaturbate Username
SarahMaxx
So while I am on CB and MFC, I have had the weird request to sell my panties. I have never been in front of this before and frankly, I don't quite know. What would I sell them for so I do not under value myself? He is a regular of mine and has bought so much of my content on OF, he shows up all the time when I am live on CB. I am comfortable with the idea of selling my underwear, but again it's just a weird request I have never faced. I do not know how much is too little, I would only wear the underwear 1 day and then sell it, or should I wear it longer?

So while I am on CB and MFC, I have had the weird request to sell my panties. I have never been in front of this before and frankly, I don't quite know. What would I sell them for so I do not under value myself? He is a regular of mine and has bought so much of my content on OF, he shows up all the time when I am live on CB. I am comfortable with the idea of selling my underwear, but again it's just a weird request I have never faced. I do not know how much is too little, I would only wear the underwear 1 day and then sell it, or should I wear it longer?
Its not uncommon for people to price underwear at 2000+ tokens. It's important to remember that you need to deduct shipping from what they are paying, the time it takes to package it, go to the post office etc. There's no reason why you couldn't do a 1 day ware as a standard and then offer additional days for an additional fee of like 500 tokens per day.

Adding on to my previous, I would probably work out my sale cost something like this:

Cost I paid for the underwear + cost of packaging materials (envelopes, bubble wrap / zip lock bags etc) + cost of shipping + cost of time it takes to package and get it shipped + any additional fee's for things like extra days of wear + whatever I want to make as a profit.

Up until you add in what you want to make as a profit you are basically losing money or at best breaking even which means it's not worth doing.

Since different underwear will carry a different price dont be worried about having different prices for different sets.

I would also add that you have to be very careful with shipping because they might know where you are shipping from and know your address. Be safe.
There are re-ship companies in the US. You send the package to them in a bigger box with all the info filled out on the inside package and they take it out, stamp it with their return address and off it goes. Adds about a week to the process.

Or go one or two towns over and ship from there.

I would also add that you have to be very careful with shipping because they might know where you are shipping from and know your address. Be safe.
Adding on to this, if you need to add on a return address... find something like an abandoned building listed for sale online in another city / state and use that as the return address.

If you have members asking about international shipping, check what information you need to put on the customs declarations before you agree to it.

Adding on to this, if you need to add on a return address... find something like an abandoned building listed for sale online in another city / state and use that as the return address.
The indicia from the post office shows the zip code it was mailed from (in the US). That would stand out immediately to anyone with ill intentions.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
The indicia from the post office shows the zip code it was mailed from (in the US). That would stand out immediately to anyone with ill intentions.
If I understood right, the solution there seems pretty simple, choose a random return address in the area where you are going to ship from, I would make sure neither of those are close to my actual address.

That was actually something I edited out since using a re-ship company is a much better solution imo than driving a couple of hours to a post office. But yeah any tracking information will show the original pick up point of the package. I am assuming when using a re-ship company the original pick up point the customer sees on the tracking info will be their depo where they ship on the customers package and not any location you have physically been to.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
If I understood right, the solution there seems pretty simple, choose a random return address in the area where you are going to ship from, I would make sure neither of those are close to my actual address.

That was actually something I edited out since using a re-ship company is a much better solution imo than driving a couple of hours to a post office. But yeah any tracking information will show the original pick up point of the package. I am assuming when using a re-ship company the original pick up point the customer sees on the tracking info will be their depo where they ship on the customers package and not any location you have physically been to.
Correct. I've always thought panty buying was a way to figure out how to get closer to a model's location on the down low.

Also if reship companies aren't ideal, send the package to a different online friend with the cash to ship it to its final destination.

It's also a biohazard and against US Federal law, btw. That's why Amazon won't take panty/bathing suit/sock/hosiery returns and tell you to keep it.

I know I'm more paranoid than most but in this day and age, there isn't enough money in the world to give someone a sample of my DNA. Nope. Not happening.

Last edited:
It's also a biohazard and against US Federal law, btw. That's why Amazon won't take panty/bathing suit/sock/hosiery returns and tell you to keep it.

I know I'm more paranoid than most but in this day and age, there isn't enough money in the world to give someone a sample of my DNA. Nope. Not happening.
I want to thank you for the advice, none of them know my real address for I have said I am a few cities from my actual location. We live in Texas, and don't mind taking small vacations to drive to send it somewhere. I have family in almost all the major cities here in Texas. I am going to make notes on your comments. I truly thank you.

Adding on to my previous, I would probably work out my sale cost something like this:

Cost I paid for the underwear + cost of packaging materials (envelopes, bubble wrap / zip lock bags etc) + cost of shipping + cost of time it takes to package and get it shipped + any additional fee's for things like extra days of wear + whatever I want to make as a profit.

Up until you add in what you want to make as a profit you are basically losing money or at best breaking even which means it's not worth doing.

Since different underwear will carry a different price dont be worried about having different prices for different sets.
Gonna save this comment, because that is a good formula to have when doing this. Thank you so much :h: :h: :h:

Reactions: KingMarti
I have said to my viewers I like a few cities from where I am actually at. They do not know.

I want to thank you for the advice, none of them know my real address for I have said I am a few cities from my actual location. We live in Texas, and don't mind taking small vacations to drive to send it somewhere. I have family in almost all the major cities here in Texas. I am going to make notes on your comments. I truly thank you.
You're welcome. I'm always "safety first" and money second. :) Ultimately it's always your decision and what you're comfortable with.

Maybe don't divulge where you live, on this or any other site. Members come here too sometimes asking for the whereabouts of their favorite models.....just keep that in mind...from now on you live in Azaroth, mmkay? 😉

It's also a biohazard and against US Federal law, btw.
Are you sure about that? I just had a doctor's appointment and give the "kit" for colon cancer screening. I am supposed to mail in my sample. If the USPS doesn't have a problem with actual feces worn panties shouldn't be a problem. Amazon doesn't want those articles back because they can't resell them. In fact Amazon will tell you to keep alot of the stuff you try to return, it doesn't have to be just clothing. They've told us to keep coffee pots, tools, and all manner of things because restocking costs more than the cost of the item.

Are you sure about that? I just had a doctor's appointment and give the "kit" for colon cancer screening. I am supposed to mail in my sample. If the USPS doesn't have a problem with actual feces worn panties shouldn't be a problem. Amazon doesn't want those articles back because they can't resell them. In fact Amazon will tell you to keep alot of the stuff you try to return, it doesn't have to be just clothing. They've told us to keep coffee pots, tools, and all manner of things because restocking costs more than the cost of the item.
That is a legit medical service and everyone knows what is inside that box with approved shipping containers.

But here ya go

20230723_153626.jpg

That is a legit medical service and everyone knows what is inside that box with approved shipping containers.

But here ya go

View attachment 97067

Interesting. But I am a little suspect about that answer. There are only two answers to that question, both over ten years old, neither answer is from an actual lawyer, and the one answer claims it is ok if "you're mailing your dirty laundry to your mother to wash"... The Vetter case you linked involved her mailing used condoms and food items covered in "bodily fluids", not just underwear.

But according to this Vice article, "When asked about restrictions to mailing used undergarments, a spokesperson for the U.S. Postal Service told Motherboard that it is “mailable with no restriction unless it’s emitting obnoxious odors.”. Fun fact, Vice interviewed our very own @Miss_Lollipop for that article!

Interesting. But I am a little suspect about that answer. There are only two answers to that question, both over ten years old, neither answer is from an actual lawyer, and the one answer claims it is ok if "you're mailing your dirty laundry to your mother to wash"... The Vetter case you linked involved her mailing used condoms and food items covered in "bodily fluids", not just underwear.

But according to this Vice article, "When asked about restrictions to mailing used undergarments, a spokesperson for the U.S. Postal Service told Motherboard that it is “mailable with no restriction unless it’s emitting obnoxious odors.”. Fun fact, Vice interviewed our very own @Miss_Lollipop for that article!
Look you can argue with me or accept it's against the law that you send bodily fluids across the postal system without a valid medical reason. I didn't say anyone would get caught I provided information that you can be caught. And that it carries consequences. And yeah the articles are that old because it's been illegal for that long. JFC.

I wonder if it's like drugs where the receiver gets busted, and not the mailer?

How would that scenario go down, what would it look like lol? How and who would break the news that it was the poopy underwear that did it (resulted in the case/ charge?) 😆
I'm imagining this scenario, and it's hilarious.

ETA; Also can you imagine going into the post office to mail a package to your Nonnie, and overhearing that go down over at a pick up window? Lol. Someone being taken away for ordering poopy underwear? 😆 Hahahahahaha.

The thing is, just because it's not COMMONLY something they go after you for doesn't mean it's not illegal, OR that it's not something they'll use against you if you piss 'them' off. It's one of many ways they can string us up if they want to (another is DMCA laws which are quite literally impossible to fully comply with in their current state)

My understanding from the post office is that it must be labelled "biohazard"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1461 -- Here's the statute that could be used against us.

here is the precident where it was used. https://abcnews.go.com/US/CrimeBlotter/story?id=91462

it's noted that this is not something commonly done..so yeah you're probably fine, but they COULD use this against you.

Look you can argue with me or accept it's against the law
I thought we were having a discussion. You posted a screenshot of some unqualified rando and I responded with an article where someone actually took the time to ask the USPS and the USPS spokesperson said it was ok. I'm going with the USPS spokesperson not the rando. If was illegal and prosecuted then searches should turn up more than that 10 year old question and one (at least) nine year old prosecution. And that prosecution was for bodily fluids not the underwear. We are all in agreement about mailing bodily fluids.

My understanding from the post office is that it must be labelled "biohazard"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1461 -- Here's the statute that could be used against us.
And possibly USPS 346 Toxic Substances and Infectious Substances (Hazard Class 6), but I think it would be a stretch to classify women's underwear as either a toxic substance/biohazard or obscene, lewd, lascivious, indecent, filthy or vile article. Reading US Code 18 1461 it looks like you are more likely to be prosecuted for mailing a Planned Parenthood pamphlet than used underwear.

I make a killing on panty sales when I want to- usually 6 pairs a week. I just don't mail them out near me and I love to have fun with the return address. I use a mental hospital or former prison as some of my favorites. If they want to try to find me based on that, it gives me the giggles to imagine the split second of "oh shit, is she really..." Definitely don't use tuna like Orange is the New Black though.

I thought we were having a discussion. You posted a screenshot of some unqualified rando and I responded with an article where someone actually took the time to ask the USPS and the USPS spokesperson said it was ok. I'm going with the USPS spokesperson not the rando. If was illegal and prosecuted then searches should turn up more than that 10 year old question and one (at least) nine year old prosecution. And that prosecution was for bodily fluids not the underwear. We are all in agreement about mailing bodily fluids.

And possibly USPS 346 Toxic Substances and Infectious Substances (Hazard Class 6), but I think it would be a stretch to classify women's underwear as either a toxic substance/biohazard or obscene, lewd, lascivious, indecent, filthy or vile article. Reading US Code 18 1461 it looks like you are more likely to be prosecuted for mailing a Planned Parenthood pamphlet than used underwear.
Why is it that lately members have been feeling the need to question every little thing models say here about their own profession? Jesus

Sorry I thought we were specifically talking about pooped in panties (which are a common request too) for some reason. I gotta start reading from the top down here.
The more days the more expensive. Same for if you are supposed to work out in them or anything. It's really up to you and what you feel comfortable with. But remember to take into aCcount the cost of gas bringing them wherever you plan on posting them, the cost of postage (I've sent some to the Netherlands before, and sending to some places is insanely expensive). A lot of people limit it to inside the US only, if they are US themselves. Be careful mailing to Canada if you are in the US, Holy shit it's expensive! But I digress... Then, take into account your comfortability level with even doing it. Of course you would never put your real return address on it, or anywhere near your home. That's why I say think about gas and time too. Remember post offices put an identifying stamp on them which gives the location of the post office you sent from.

A lot of time you can get prices by weight or a rough idea from google, once you know the destination.

Then the cost to replace the underwear themselves. A lot of these guys like super old, cheap ones. But I have had guys request some of my more luxury wear, and I've charged them accordingly. Then of course there's some I just won't sell at all, for fashion reasons, and they just gotta deal with that.

If it's just a one off thing, to one person, really take into account how comfy you are with it. I've sold them for as little as $40, and as much as $200 so far. If a guy wants me to be wearing them days and days in row, it's gonna be in the hundreds plus all that other stuff. I've sold maybe 20 pairs over the years, but never more than one day in a row for me. I'm just not comfy wearing dirty underwear. One day, and a old pair meh maybe $60 plus postage.

This guy sounds to specifically like you. So he'll likely pay extra because he wants yours. But don't mark them up too high, or he'll know you are taking advantage, and he might get butt hurt and storm off.
I would also peep around store fronts on Manyvids, that'll kind of give you an idea of the range people are selling them for too, so you don't have to take anyone's word for it.

Last edited:

But here ya go

View attachment 97067
Per my state law, I can as long as it indeed not producing any order. I have family and friends in USPS, UPS, and FedEx. So when asking all of them, as long as they can't smell anything they normally don't even check the boxes. So it's safe to mail, I plan to vacuum seal them before I mail them off so no oder can be smelt. Plus I am not going to piss and shit in them, so there is no worries about that.

Sorry I thought we were specifically talking about pooped in panties (which are a common request too) for some reason. I gotta start reading from the top down here.

The more days the more expensive. Same for if you are supposed to work out in them or anything. It's really up to you and what you feel comfortable with. But remember to take into aCcount the cost of gas bringing them wherever you plan on posting them, the cost of postage (I've sent some to the Netherlands before, and sending to some places is insanely expensive). A lot of people limit it to inside the US only, if they are US themselves. Be careful mailing to Canada if you are in the US, Holy shit it's expensive! But I digress... Then, take into account your comfortability level with even doing it. Of course you would never put your real return address on it, or anywhere near your home. That's why I say think about gas and time too. Remember post offices put an identifying stamp on them which gives the location of the post office you sent from.

A lot of time you can get prices by weight or a rough idea from google, once you know the destination.

Then the cost to replace the underwear themselves. A lot of these guys like super old, cheap ones. But I have had guys request some of my more luxury wear, and I've charged them accordingly. Then of course there's some I just won't sell at all, for fashion reasons, and they just gotta deal with that.

If it's just a one off thing, to one person, really take into account how comfy you are with it. I've sold them for as little as $40, and as much as $200 so far. If a guy wants me to be wearing them days and days in row, it's gonna be in the hundreds plus all that other stuff. I've sold maybe 20 pairs over the years, but never more than one day in a row for me. I'm just not comfy wearing dirty underwear. One day, and a old pair meh maybe $60 plus postage.

This guy sounds to specifically like you. So he'll likely pay extra because he wants yours. But don't mark them up too high, or he'll know you are taking advantage, and he might get butt hurt and storm off.
I would also peep around store fronts on Manyvids, that'll kind of give you an idea of the range people are selling them for too, so you don't have to take anyone's word for it.
I fit's okay can I save this reply to a note, I am trying to make a plan for it because I now have like 5 people wanting articles of my clothing. I do not plan to use my address, but I do have people out of my town and out of my city that are willing to let me use their address. I also plan to set up a PO Box in the city I told them I live in, and make the trips there to get them once a week or so.

Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.