AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam model tutorials - questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you don't really understand what help means.
If I were to shove your great list to a model that needs help, she would look at me the same way I'm reading your post and ask me whaaaat?we

Please stop looking at help the way an experienced person looks at newbies. Your perspective should change very fast and until then stop making so much damage, since new models might really take your word just because you make decent money.
- "Get decent lighting, try it out at different angles to get the best lighting for you (which doesn't blind you)" - OMG - what is decent lighting, what makes it decent, decent reported to what, what kind of bulbs, why not set de webcam differently, where to buy them from, why is decent lighting better than partially dark (as so many models use), etc, etc , etc... How to setup partial darkness, how to change angles, how to manage sunlight when camming OMG...
- Make sure you have a fast enough computer to get good quality - what makes a computer decent, what software to use, why use that screen and not another since it creates soooo many different issues...
- Make sure your internet is fast enough - what is fast enough, how do I know which isp to pick, which package, what is guaranteed up speed, how to test, how to understand their offers
- Get a decent webcam, there aren't many to choose from and that information takes about 5 minutes to find out which one to get. - Again...search this forum and you will see why your answer is just....
- Watch other cam models for research - There is a lot of work involved in a successful room, and the important thing is that it looks effortless: you can't peek behind the curtain without seeing the curtain. Also...cam models tend to have those 3 6 7 regulars who constantly help, without them they will drop like rocks. Of course those are the result of their work but still, you can't compare or expect the same treatment when you're not popular.
- Put on some makeup, underwear and a top (I'm sure most girls can manage this without assistance) REALLY? : are you aware that there are at least 6 colors that the webcams aren't able to manage properly from software and that are a definitely NO NO if you're camming? no shapes and the webcam adjusts the others in the room? Didn't you ever wonder why whenever you're setting your webcam before logging, no matter what you do you can't really get that great look that you had yesterday? That is why my dear, you had no proper training and no curiosity to dive deeper into understanding what camming can be. MAKEUP - this is just to easy...sooo many things girls don't understand when it comes to screen makeup compared to street makeup, and even rather- should you even wear it? etc.... What makeup with what kind of lighting...
- Log on and start chatting and doing shows. -WOW that is just....WOW
- Accept that it is work and therefore you will need to put in the time, effort and energy to keep it going. HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW

Who is your target customer base? Models who have already started camming?
There are threads in the Models Only section that thoroughly address all of these questions. You don't need to pay for it. You just need to be verified as a model which should be easy for any model who's been camming for a few weeks. There are other sites that offer advice for cam models by cam models, too.

If you really do want to put your advice out there, make the videos freely accessible on a site like YouTube where you can make money from views/ads. You'll be able to get feedback on your ideas. Given the wealth of free info already available and your lack of experience as a model, paying for tutorials by someone who isn't a cam model come off as scammy. People try to scam us all the time.

If your advice really is that good, you shouldn't have any trouble getting the established models you've worked with to publicly endorse you.

I coached all the top models. All of them. Without my unique insight gleaned from years of working in a sector completely unrelated to that of camming, I've been able to overcome the handicap of having never cammed myself by taking second-hand information that any prospective cam girl can find themselves if they can be arsed to look, and then sold that information at a premium.

Who is your target customer base? Models who have already started camming?
There are threads in the Models Only section that thoroughly address all of these questions. You don't need to pay for it. You just need to be verified as a model which should be easy for any model who's been camming for a few weeks. There are other sites that offer advice for cam models by cam models, too.

If you really do want to put your advice out there, make the videos freely accessible on a site like YouTube where you can make money from views/ads. You'll be able to get feedback on your ideas. Given the wealth of free info already available and your lack of experience as a model, paying for tutorials by someone who isn't a cam model come off as scammy. People try to scam us all the time.

If your advice really is that good, you shouldn't have any trouble getting the established models you've worked with to publicly endorse you.
This is the best reply to OP.

Doubt he'll listen, but it's good advice.

If I were to shove your great list to a model that needs help, she would look at me the same way I'm reading your post and ask me whaaaat?

Please stop looking at help the way an experienced person looks at newbies. Your perspective should change very fast and until then stop making so much damage, since new models might really take your word just because you make decent money.
- "Get decent lighting, try it out at different angles to get the best lighting for you (which doesn't blind you)" - OMG - what is decent lighting, what makes it decent, decent reported to what, what kind of bulbs, why not set de webcam differently, where to buy them from, why is decent lighting better than partially dark (as so many models use), etc, etc , etc... How to setup partial darkness, how to change angles, how to manage sunlight when camming OMG...
- Make sure you have a fast enough computer to get good quality - what makes a computer decent, what software to use, why use that screen and not another since it creates soooo many different issues...
- Make sure your internet is fast enough - what is fast enough, how do I know which isp to pick, which package, what is guaranteed up speed, how to test, how to understand their offers
- Get a decent webcam, there aren't many to choose from and that information takes about 5 minutes to find out which one to get. - Again...search this forum and you will see why your answer is just....
- Watch other cam models for research - There is a lot of work involved in a successful room, and the important thing is that it looks effortless: you can't peek behind the curtain without seeing the curtain. Also...cam models tend to have those 3 6 7 regulars who constantly help, without them they will drop like rocks. Of course those are the result of their work but still, you can't compare or expect the same treatment when you're not popular.
- Put on some makeup, underwear and a top (I'm sure most girls can manage this without assistance) REALLY? : are you aware that there are at least 6 colors that the webcams aren't able to manage properly from software and that are a definitely NO NO if you're camming? no shapes and the webcam adjusts the others in the room? Didn't you ever wonder why whenever you're setting your webcam before logging, no matter what you do you can't really get that great look that you had yesterday? That is why my dear, you had no proper training and no curiosity to dive deeper into understanding what camming can be. MAKEUP - this is just to easy...sooo many things girls don't understand when it comes to screen makeup compared to street makeup, and even rather- should you even wear it? etc.... What makeup with what kind of lighting...
- Accept that it is work and therefore you will need to put in the time, effort and energy to keep it going. HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW

Why aren't you listening to us? Those that actually do this and make money at it? We keep trying to tell you the same thing and you just gloss over it and come back with more bullshit about how you know better.

ALL OF THIS INFORMATION IS VERY NEATLY AND CLEARLY OUTLINED BASED ON SITE OR GENERAL INFO IN MODELS ONLY AND AMBER DOESN'T EXTORT ANY MONEY FROM PEOPLE FOR THIS INFORMATION.

Any trainers wanting to take their game to the next level should consider buying my book "The Cam Model Trainer's Companion", packed with proven techniques that work!

Learn how to...
  • Tell her what to do and when to do it
  • Make her shut up and listen
  • Teach her to ignore bad advice she gets from others
  • Handle difficult models who act like they have minds of their own
...and much, much more.

Order now, and I'll throw in "Bouncing Towards Success; Don't Stop Until You Pee" absolutely free (a $39.95 value), chock full of Ohmibod/Lovense tricks you can teach your models to perform!

Any trainers wanting to take their game to the next level should consider buying my book "The Cam Model Trainer's Companion", packed with proven techniques that work!

Learn how to...
  • Tell her what to do and when to do it
  • Make her shut up and listen
  • Teach her to ignore bad advice she gets from others
  • Handle difficult models who act like they have minds of their own
...and much, much more.

Order now, and I'll throw in "Bouncing Towards Success; Don't Stop Until You Pee" absolutely free (a $39.95 value), chock full of Ohmibod/Lovense tricks you can teach your models to perform!

I don't always like your posts but this one made me almost spit my drink out with laughter. Thank you for that.

Amber, so basically, those who can't do it on their own...just fuck em, right?
Why did I go to school for so many years, I should have just gone to the library :)
Honestly, yeah. If they cannot figure out, oh well. Fun fact, if you look up most new models complaining about not making any money on mycamgirl.net, you can see their hours online sucks and they aren't putting the effort in. They log off after barely an hour.

We get models on here and other forums we frequent who have to be spoon-fed information. They will post a thread about every topic under the sun without doing any simple research on their own. They are an adult, this is their business. About 99.9% quit. We will also go out of our way to help them, and they still don't listen or apply our advice.

If you go to school, you probably shouldn't avoid the library. It's a great resource place to expand your knowledge.

If I were to shove your great list to a model that needs help, she would look at me the same way I'm reading your post and ask me whaaaat?

Really, they wouldn't understand the basics? I'm sorry your clients lack reading comprehension skills.

Unlike most models, they probably didn't take a stage lighting class like I did. But with a simple youtube search, you can find so many visual tutorials to find different lighting techniques. It's also trial and error on their part. I'm constantly looking up different lighting techniques to improve my stream. If you look at the lighting tricks thread in public, you will see there is PLENTY of information and answers.

Most camsites already post the required pc specs to have a decent stream and tutorials in their help section. We have answered lot of decent streams. We also help models when they are in the market for a new computer and help them find decent deals.

We also go into more detail here on that too...

Because not everyone uses the same equipment. Like how not everyone uses the same computer. We are just sharing what works best for us.

Without regs, you would drop like rocks? Any good model knows that customer conversion is how you stay at the top and not to depend on a handful of regs. Because they will eventually go. Once upon a time, popular models were unpopular models... Watching models give you show ideas, ballpark idea what to charge, how they interact with their customers, how they market themselves, sex appeal, ect.

I like to wear eye bugging clothes on cam, like tiny stripes! If someone complains, I remind them they are clothes and they come off. Usually people who are into me, digs it. When I dyed my hair deep purple, it looked pretty neat on cam when patches of purple couldn't pick colors. Customers seemed not to care and thought it looked cool. About the makeup, Youtube tutorials. Also I wear street makeup all the time on cam when I'm too lazy to glam. Yesterday I made over $500 in 3 hours and I was just wearing chapstick and mascara.

We tell new models all the time that they will learn as they go. They will figure out what does and doesn't work, they need to apply it. I know WOW!

Really? How to put in the time? How to put in the effort? How to put in the energy to keep going? Okay... umm set a time block to work and schedule... keep it and don't give up when it gets slow? It isn't rocket science. Top models do all have one thing in common, consistency. You'll see a model shoot up on the ranks, but quickly fall because she doesn't put in the time, effort, and energy. I see it all the time.

---------------

Dude, you are only valuable to models who don't want to put in the work. It's not that they are new, it's that they are lazy or incredibly naive.

Now you don't know what goes on in the model only section. There is a time frame on posting to join, but we actively answer and help new models in the public threads. A lot of us do go out of our way to help them. I personally do this, because when I started, I had models that helped me and help mold me into the cammodel I have become today. This is more then just a help forum. This is a community.

PS. The reason why there is so much different information is because we are coming from our own personal experience. What one thing, may not work with others and vice versa.

Last edited:
PS. The reason why there is so much different information is because we are coming from our own personal experience. What one thing, may not work with others and vice versa.

This is so blatantly obvious to me, but these advice dudes can't seem to wrap their brains around it.

Like, I make great money if I log on in a cute top and jeans. Other models do well in a tank top and panties, or lingerie, or cosplay. It's like we have different audiences or something.

Some of us cam in full stage/drag makeup. Some go for no-makeup-makeup. Some genuinely wear no makeup. Wow, it's like we have different customers with different preferences, holy shit!

Some of us do cum shows. Some are silly. Some are non-nude. Some rock the tease. Some are dommes.

All of these things, we have done plenty of trial and error with. Sometimes, your niche finds you. I was happy fapping away every day, but then I started getting more requests for domme or tease shows than I did to touch my bits. So now, I don't touch my bits, I do domme and tease shows, because that's what my paying customers want to see. I've experimented with wearing different things on cam, and while I did ok in lingerie, street clothes is where it's at for me. I've experimented with different makeup levels, and while natural makeup does fine, my customer base seems to enjoy a glammed-up domme more than they do a natural beauty, so I glam it up.

Hell, I'm even mid experiment RIGHT NOW, six years into camming. I'm camming from a room that's just my desk, chair, and a pretty backdrop I made, for the first time ever, instead of in a bedroom, with a bed in the background. My first night was iffy, but it was also slow for other ladies, too, so I'm not writing off my setup just yet.

I've switched up my lighting a few times, always with advice I found in this forum. If I want to try a new site or a new fetish, I read up about it here, and ask other models questions. It has been an invaluable resource, especially back when I was a bb camgirl and had no idea what I was doing.

We tell new models all the time that they will learn as they go. They will figure out what does and doesn't work, they need to apply it. I know WOW!

The last sentence cracked me up so much I have tears in my eyes. You're awesome! Yes, WOW! God forbid a camgirl actually log on... :hilarious: Unheard of!

Talking about youtube tutorials, this reminds me of that Canadian guy "Kool" something, does anyone remember him? I can't remember if that was what he was doing, whether it was tutorials or maybe it was his favourite models. I can remember it not going down well... But also being funny. Was it Kool Ray? Or am I just talking total shit right now?
Youtube tutorials are a good idea actually for testing whether people would watch and to get feedback.

To the OP, you need to understand that on this forum we occasionally (but regularly enough) get members who give a long list of pretty awful or no brainer advice which is usually taste specific. As models we have probably all had those who want to "help" at some point. You need to see it from our perspective, if you had been doing a job for a while and someone who has no experience actually doing your job comes up and says they are going to charge women to train them to be good at their jobs, when they have no experience with the job themselves, it is at best laughable, and at worst insulting.

Imagine you're a football fan who has never actually played the game, but you do some coaching for your sons football team in his primary school. You then decide you are experienced enough to start charging, and you go to a bunch of professional football players and say "how much would you pay for my coaching?" What reaction do you really expect they would give you? Those who have trained for years and make their living from the sport.
Then if they told you "we hold free training sessions here for people who want to know how to play, and they can learn from other professionals, so there is no need for you to charge as this service is available for free, and as you have no experience it is probably best you don't try to charge."
And then you, rather than accepting this and trying to learn, insult them, say they don't understand their job as well as you do from watching football and coaching children, say they cannot teach beginners for free (even though you haven't seen their teaching skills), and generally be a bit of a dweeb about the whole situation.

This is what you are doing right now. You can move this around to basically any situation where someone comes in, speaks to a professional in an industry and starts announcing that they understand their job better, or try to offer advice or explanations. It is one that many professional women have to deal with, when a man walks up to them and starts mansplaining their area of expertise to them, even though they're aware the woman is a professional and he is not. Mansplaining is something that models have to deal with a lot, and yes we get pretty fed up with it. So while you might find a few grateful and desperate models in the short term, in the long term they will appreciate you more if you forward them to this site and offer help with anything that they want clarified.

Reactions: caireen
I have fallen in a koolray hole. APPARENTLY his parents purchased a membership for a camming site when they felt like he was ready at the ripe of 10 after watching cammodels for 3 years. WUT?

haha he said 'aboot'

Sweet Harry Fuck, I forgot all about that guy. His heroic contributions to the camming community should never be forgotten by anyone.
I think of him whenever I see the Canadian maple leaf. Poor Canadians hahaha!!!!

• Wat?!
Reactions: caireen
I have fallen in a koolray hole. APPARENTLY his parents purchased a membership for a camming site when they felt like he was ready at the ripe of 10 after watching cammodels for 3 years. WUT?

Wait so like.. he started watching MFC at age 7, and three years later at age 10 became a basic which hints to the idea that he was an MFC member.. MFC has been around since 2002, and KoolRay did these videos in 2012.. so either he was 17 when he made these videos, or his timeline is really really warped. Actually both scenarios are equally likely, ha.

Also, his birthday gift as a 7 year old was a GUEST membership, which is not a membership at all? There are so many things wrong with that.

Lol, I'm routinely in the first three rows on Streamate, but sure, don't listen to me or the other top ranking models giving you advice.

Wait so like.. he started watching MFC at age 7, and three years later at age 10 became a basic which hints to the idea that he was an MFC member.. MFC has been around since 2002, and KoolRay did these videos in 2012.. so either he was 17 when he made these videos, or his timeline is really really warped. Actually both scenarios are equally likely, ha.

Also, his birthday gift as a 7 year old was a GUEST membership, which is not a membership at all? There are so many things wrong with that.

Normal parents: We are signing up our boy for baseball because he likes to throw things!
KoolRay's parents: We are signing up our boy for a camsite because he can't keep his hands off his willy!

I like to wear eye bugging clothes on cam, like tiny stripes! If someone complains, I remind them they are clothes and they come off.

I totally want to get some tiny black and white herringbone to wear on cam. And pair it with something #FF0000 RED. It would be personally satisfying for reasons.

Anyway, shush, girls. A man is talking. As you can see from the very first post, the issue isn't whether we know better than he does. Obviously we couldn't possibly. The issue is how much money we think he deserves for his valuable insight (into specifically what his own particular dick likes). Can we get back on topic? It's irrelevant what might be in the models only section--this guy has been a model trainer for SEVEN YEARS, we can't compete with that.

It is gratifying to see Koolray's wonderful videos being shared with a new group of camgirls. At least KoolRay never tried to make money with his advice >:)

For those looking for Tutorial #1, he redid it as #7

I'll point out that KoolRay did something that few folks do when posting clips of camgirls on YouTube. He blurred out the faces of the Miss MFC Top 20.

Also two years after doing the first batch, he came out with one last camgirl tutorial video that is kind of hard to find on YouTube.

Sadly the entertainment and cringe value of his last couple of videos declined, I guess he listened to feedback.

Oh god! It wasn't a dream! KoolRay is real!! Just had a bit of a giggle with my boyfriend watching his videos and reading the comments. Yes, definitely still the worst videos ever. The bees! What is with the bees?! It's so cringeworthy, but yet it's such a train wreck you can't stop looking at it.

Who was it who did a piss take video of the first one which was all about the eye contact? It's probably somewhere on the forum, I remember it being funny so I might go search for it.
Also, aged 7??? Dudes got the arms of a guy in his 30s at least, and jesus christ, even when I was 7 webcam sites didn't exist. What the fuck was up with that story??

I feel like he must be a troll, but he seems too sincere and consistent to be one! Did anyone check out that he's still making videos? Just this time they're christmas wishes. I guess he decided to skip the advice and stick with the shoutouts.

Thank you ACF community for all of the fun memories we have had together!

Oh god! It wasn't a dream! KoolRay is real!! Just had a bit of a giggle with my boyfriend watching his videos and reading the comments. Yes, definitely still the worst videos ever. The bees! What is with the bees?! It's so cringeworthy, but yet it's such a train wreck you can't stop looking at it.

Who was it who did a piss take video of the first one which was all about the eye contact? It's probably somewhere on the forum, I remember it being funny so I might go search for it.
Also, aged 7??? Dudes got the arms of a guy in his 30s at least, and jesus christ, even when I was 7 webcam sites didn't exist. What the fuck was up with that story??

I feel like he must be a troll, but he seems too sincere and consistent to be one! Did anyone check out that he's still making videos? Just this time they're christmas wishes. I guess he decided to skip the advice and stick with the shoutouts.

Thank you ACF community for all of the fun memories we have had together!

wait, where did we get to see his arms? do i need to watch even more koolray from canada videos to catch a glimpse of a small portion of him?

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
It is gratifying to see Koolray's wonderful videos being shared with a new group of camgirls. At least KoolRay never tried to make money with his advice >:)

For those looking for Tutorial #1, he redid it as #7

I'll point out that KoolRay did something that few folks do when posting clips of camgirls on YouTube. He blurred out the faces of the Miss MFC Top 20.

Also two years after doing the first batch, he came out with one last camgirl tutorial video that is kind of hard to find on YouTube.

Sadly the entertainment and cringe value of his last couple of videos declined, I guess he listened to feedback.

At least I got something out of this thread.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
wait, where did we get to see his arms? do i need to watch even more koolray from canada videos to catch a glimpse of a small portion of him?

I think it was number 7, he redoes the first one which is all about the eye contact, but he uses a creepy little samurai toy and moves it around. I saw from his youtube comments that people keep reporting his videos and he has to keep uploading them, so I guess he decided to redo the first one! Joy for us!

And thanks @AmberCutie!

Status
Not open for further replies.