AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question from an old fool

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bobby3975

If you have bought the number of tokens you indicate in your OP, then you should be in line for a fairly quick response from MFC support. But I'd give it at least 7-10 business days after you submitted the transcripts.

You may be thinking of reward points. MFC says they provide better support to people with at least10k reward points. 10k tokens is 1/10th of that.

Not really important as I'd expect them to respond in a day or two either way.

@AmberCutie

could you remind us of the name and shame policy here.
I honestly dont remember.

My first reaction was this is really wrong since we only have one side of the story. But then I was thinking maybe you allow it because its public and the model could come by and defender herself if she wanted.

My opinion is this isn't a place for public hanging of models.
We give good advice to take screenshots and contact support. And that is the extent of it.

I will follow your advice and forward the log to them. Is saying that ACF was outraged something to do?

I'd love to see supports face when they read that . LOL
I hope you didn't do that bobby

I would just like to mention the advice you received of paying a deposit for a custom then the rest on delivery is not good advice.

I personally would never begin to work on a custom unless paid in full before hand. If they back out on the other payment the model has now wasted her time filming a custom video that may be not very re sellable depending on the content.

I would suggest researching the girls you buy from a bit more or using manyvids or iwantclips where it holds the payment within the site until the model delivers the video so she technically has the money but won't receive it until you receive your product.

BTW this all brings up another question for you models. When ordering a custom video and they say "I'll deliver it in a couple days", how long do I wait past a couple days before asking about its progress? I don't want to annoy them.

But then I was thinking maybe you allow it because its public and the model could come by and defender herself if she wanted.

this

Reactions: ACFFAN69
BTW this all brings up another question for you models. When ordering a custom video and they say "I'll deliver it in a couple days", how long do I wait past a couple days before asking about its progress? I don't want to annoy them.
For me customs take while. I have a pretty full schedule and I take lots of custom orders.
So it has to be in my rotation and usually takes 1-2 weeks. So after that I would contact.

I would never really finish one in 1-2 days unless paid for faster delivery.

If a model hasn't delivered in the stated timeline, any time after that is a good time to contact them. If they get annoyed that's really on them and not your problem since they're the one who couldn't adhere to the stated turn around time. If a model can't fulfill their end of the bargain in time they should always be the one reaching out first and giving you a heads up on what's going on.

Now, if a model told you they need a week to complete the video but you started asking about it's progress after 2 days, that would be annoying.

In the future, it's probably better to hammer out those details before actually paying. Get an exact number of days, and if the time passes without hearing from them, then check in and see how things are progressing. Some models can get a custom completed in a few days, but I don't think that is super duper common (but then, I'm a clip gal, so that might be different). In clip world, getting your custom completed in a week is pretty fast. Most of the time, I tell customers to expect their clip in a month, unless they pay more to rush their clips to the front of the queue. But that's because I have a lot of clips to film every month, and I tell customers what to expect from the beginning. If I finish early, that's a bonus! But they know I haven't forgotten and their custom will be filmed as soon as I can.

IWantClips charges an extra fee for customs, but it does have an Escrow system when is nifty. You pay right away, but the money goes into a separate account. When the model sends your custom, then and only then will the money be released to her. That way, if you never receive your custom, she never gets paid, and the money will return to your account. It's a neat method that protects both model and customers, and provides a little bit of extra comfort, knowing you won't get ripped off. Models get ripped off a lot too, so the Escrow system ensures everyone gets what they paid for/worked for, and everyone wins. It does cost a liiiiittle extra, usually (at least with IWC), but I think it's worth it for the security, y'know?

Manyvids offers the same system, I believe, and is more for regular vanilla customs, while IWC is fetish oriented. But I would definitely avoid ordering a custom through cam-sites until you know the model very well, and only then, after hammering out all of the details first! There's always a little bit of a risk involved on every side, but now, hopefully you will know how to minimize the risk as much as you can! Good luck!

OT-- Do models get paid quicker via manyvids or MFC? Do models have a preference?

I would get paid quicker with ManyVids daily pay (Boleyn Models) than with MFC. So my preference would be MV.

The complaint sent yesterday was sent to members@myfreecamsmail.com. I sent it there since I included full length transcripts of the chat logs, all the logs with her. Since that made it impractical to send through the form on the wiki support I thought it best to send it there, an address listed on their wiki support page.

Anyway nothing to report thus far. No response and no indication they got it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ambers Troll
Wednesday and I don't even know if MFC non-support has received it, nothing but crickets chirping. I know some said wait 5-7 days for a response but it's disheartening, it gives me the impression MFC doesn't care about customers. If in fact they don't respond at all it tells me theft and fraud is ok as long as it fattens their pocketbook. In that case I'm done with MFC!

This has caused me to look at something called chaturbate which I've seen referenced in AFC and well, hello chaturbate! Should I thank MFC for screwing me and forcing me to look for other options (haha).

Wednesday and I don't even know if MFC non-support has received it, nothing but crickets chirping. I know some said wait 5-7 days for a response but it's disheartening, it gives me the impression MFC doesn't care about customers. If in fact they don't respond at all it tells me theft and fraud is ok as long as it fattens their pocketbook. In that case I'm done with MFC!

This has caused me to look at something called chaturbate which I've seen referenced in AFC and well, hello chaturbate! Should I thank MFC for screwing me and forcing me to look for other options (haha).

I'm guessing you didn't discover Chaturbate via the very active complaint threads they've got going on here, then. :giggle:

I'm confident MFC will get back to you in time, they have a ton of members and as such probably a huge queue of support emails to wade through.

I'm guessing you didn't discover Chaturbate via the very active complaint threads they've got going on here, then.

Uh oh, no I didn't. Plus another thread said they saw MFC as safer as far as trying to avoid sex trafficking, with chaturbate being less likely to care. I'm losing my b*ner.

I'm losing my b*ner.
Then take a deep breath, stop over thinking it and build rapport with a model before you purchase something like a custom video.
The model you purchased from doesn't even care enough about her work to do a single thing with her profile, that alone should tell you something.

Should I thank MFC for screwing me
Disagreed because I don't think MFC screwed you here (the model did), they're just taking time to get back to you/you may need to follow up. But going to CB is certainly not a better option.

Just an update, no response from MFC. Interestingly the model banned me again but I wasn't even signed on. I was just watching for 5 or 10 minutes as a guest in a PM box with video when poof, banned. How'd she know?

Then take a deep breath, stop over thinking it and build rapport with a model before you purchase something like a custom video.
The model you purchased from doesn't even care enough about her work to do a single thing with her profile, that alone should tell you something.
@Bobby3975 take this advice, keep in mind this is your recreational spending: Take the fun out of it and what is the point.

I have been ripped off and banned a few times (9 years MFC/ 180 000), had the same no response from support that you did. Also considered the switch to a pvt based site quite a few times because of it. The only time I have had help from support was when I had login trouble, they were super helpful then, multiple replies within a few hours.

Forget about the ban, it was used as a form of cowardice; she was just running away from confronting you or your reaction.
If you feel like guesting (looking at her stream as a guest) go for it, take as much guilt free pleasure from it as you like, ripping you off gives you guilt free perve privileges until you feel compensated.

Look at her room background, profile, and MFC suggested models, she may be a studio model. Use extreme caution around any of her 'friends' if you seek someone new, especially for a custom video. [This is one of the more nasty things to members that MFC does, it can lead you to more models with an intent to rip the member off]
I would highly recommend that you look for models who sell videos on a regular basis for a custom, and buy a generic one first. Customs take a long amount of time and energy to produce, so be suspicious of anyone selling one cheaply.

On revenge or getting your money back, I'd personally take the learning experience and move on. You won't be as much fun or as free with your spending for future models, but that is the price the community pays every time this happens.
Risky models can be a lot of fun; you can get really good one on one attention, so they do have their role on any site, but be cautious with how you spend and expect to take the occasional loss.

Just an update, no response from MFC. Interestingly the model banned me again but I wasn't even signed on. I was just watching for 5 or 10 minutes as a guest in a PM box with video when poof, banned. How'd she know?

If you're not signed on, you can't do PM windows. I don't think even basic members can do PM's. As a guest who's not logged on, one can preview her room from the main page as well as enter the room. But, no interaction if the model prevents guest interaction.

Which, brings up a couple of questions: Can a model see whom is viewing their room from either PM windows, or preview? What about IP? Can a model see IP's of users?

Unless things change, I think I found my answer regarding IP's:
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...e-a-premiums-ip-address-when-he-logs-in.8560/

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're not signed on, you can't do PM windows. I don't think even basic members can do PM's. As a guest who's not logged on, one can preview her room from the main page as well as enter the room. But, no interaction if the model prevents guest interaction.

Which, brings up a couple of questions: Can a model see whom is viewing their room from either PM windows, or preview? What about IP? Can a model see IP's of users?

Unless things change, I think I found my answer regarding IP's:
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...e-a-premiums-ip-address-when-he-logs-in.8560/

Yes, we can see premiums who are viewing us in PM windows. A lot of girls ban guys who consistently view via PM without ever interacting/tipping.

Yes, we can see premiums who are viewing us in PM windows. A lot of girls ban guys who consistently view via PM without ever interacting/tipping.

Thanks. Though, they have to be logged in though in order for them to use the PM window, correct? The OP said he was not logged in and was viewing via the PM window. Which, I'm thinking his credentials were cached and he was logged in from before.

Personally, I don't agree with using the PM w/video window to view a room. Same with the lounge. I will use the preview window to get an idea of what might be happening, and determining if the room might be worth checking out. But, I'd rather be actively interracting and tipping than sitting outside peering in.

Though, they have to be logged in though in order for them to use the PM window, correct?

No I just tested to see and you can watch in a PM window as a guest. It looks exactly the same as it does for a regular member except there is a message saying only registered users can send massages.

I would guess if the OP was banned as a guest MFC either has a cookie to not let him in that room if he was still on the same browser his premium account was banned on or MFC has an IP ban.

No I just tested to see and you can watch in a PM window as a guest. It looks exactly the same as it does for a regular member except there is a message saying only registered users can send massages.

I would guess if the OP was banned as a guest MFC either has a cookie to not let him in that room if he was still on the same browser his premium account was banned on or MFC has an IP ban.
Interesting, I guess I never thought to even look into it since I figured it would have been disabled for non-premiums.

Wow, this is like spy versus spy. :) When I move my mouse over the main page and animate each of the model's windows, does the model get notified of that action as well?

LOL I knew I wasn't crazy when I said it could be done.

Anyway no response from MFC after this last detailed complaint and two previous complaints. If one thinks about it there are hundreds of thousands (millions?) of guys ready to throw money at girls to see a good show. There is a very limited number of girls willing to give that show and can generate the cash flow MFC thrives on. That said it is in MFC's interest to side with their money makers knowing the supply of guys is endless, I get it.

I'm reading ppl saying time to move on. Girls don't like customers ripping them off and vice versa. The loss of 700 tokens hurts though, I don't have a lot of recreational money to spend. I am going to move on with a small caveat.

Hopefully this isn't too petty but I ask you this now. I've been posting in her profile that I never got what I paid for. Maybe annoying her will at least persuade her to be fair with her admirers. She erases them, I re-post. Do you think MFC will cancel my account or come after me for expressing this in her profile?

Hopefully this isn't too petty but I ask you this now. I've been posting in her profile that I never got what I paid for. Maybe annoying her will at least persuade her to be fair with her admirers. She erases them, I re-post. Do you think MFC will cancel my account or come after me for expressing this in her profile?
she could claim harassment. make sure to take screen shots.

I'm reading ppl saying time to move on. Girls don't like customers ripping them off and vice versa. The loss of 700 tokens hurts though, I don't have a lot of recreational money to spend. I am going to move on with a small caveat.

I can understand where you're coming from, both in terms of theft/swindle and the principle of it all. But, at some point, I'd think you'd get tired of doing all of this over what amounts to roughly $65USD.

she could claim harassment. make sure to take screen shots

Thanks Audri, having seen the MFC customer non-support I'll just move on. I've been using manyvids and been thrilled with their quality. Plus I just gave all my remaining tokens to a gal who has treated me right. I'm not sure when I'll buy tokens on MFC again. I'm sure I won't be able to hold out for more than 18 months before I can't stand it and buy eventually, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.