AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camgirl of the Month or Photo Contest?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Would you be interested in a photo contest or "Camgirl of The Month" contest with $$$ prizes?

• Yes

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2017
Hope this is the right place to post this.

Does anything like this already exist?

I have an idea for a photo contest or "Camgirl of the month" contest where people would upload photos (their own) to their profile and people would "vote" on which photo they thought was best or which camgirl deserved the prize as "Camgirl of the Month". The voting system is novel in that it is cheat proof. And, the more votes received (aggregate for all users), the *bigger* the prize pool.

So, to start off the contest week 1, we would have a $100 guarantee to the winner (with the most votes), *plus* the prize pool which is based on the total number of votes for all users. As more people vote, the prize pool will get even bigger, and I am hoping that with enough people the prize pool could get to be *very*, *very* large. Like, easily $10 K for a week.

And, I don't want to reveal everything here, but voting and how the site runs will all be totally transparent, there is nothing spammy or scammy about it.

It is more just a "proof of concept" that I am working on now. And, I am willing to throw in some programming time and the $100 guarantee to the winner for the first week....I just want to make sure there is interest?

Would people be interested in this?

This idea kind of spun off from an idea I had to stop scammers and catfishers.

But, maybe there is someone already doing this and there is no point in me trying it? Or, maybe there is no interest?

I just kind of want to get people's impressions before I spend thousands of dollars building the site and also in terms of the time.

Questions: Are you involved in the industry elsewhere? How are you funding your prizes? What's in it for you? I am curious about what sort of background and experience you have. Let's get some of that transparency going.

I'd have no interest in this if only because, no offense, but I don't know you. I don't know who you are or what you would do with my pictures. What would you do to drive the revenue to get the money to pay the winners? To host servers? To build the site? Like you said, you are going to "spend thousands" so why would you do such a thing? Are you looking to make a profit off the site?

I'm sure you're a perfectly nice guy, but there's a lot of bad dudes out there looking to take advantage of cammodels. This is also your first post to the community here, which can rub the wrong way.

Questions: Are you involved in the industry elsewhere? How are you funding your prizes? What's in it for you? I am curious about what sort of background and experience you have. Let's get some of that transparency going.
beat me to it!

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
As a member this makes so little sense to me. Why am I paying YOU so the prize goes to someone else? Under your system there's completely no other incentive to 'vote' except 'just because'. Most members aren't white knights they want something for their money. When member help models for the contest the models are definitely giving members incentives for their money. There are very very few members funding models out of pure charity.

What site would even allow this to be promoted by the model? 'please spend your money to vote for me elsewhere than this site because it will make me really happy?'. Something like this would have to solely advertised from a models twitter in most cases because sites do not like models suggesting other places to do the exact same thing.

there is nothing spammy or scammy about it.

okp66FD.gif

This is all very good feedback. I really appreciate it.

In terms of this question:

New Questions: Are you involved in the industry elsewhere? How are you funding your prizes? What's in it for you? I am curious about what sort of background and experience you have. Let's get some of that transparency going.

I mostly do "vanilla" web projects, for over 15 years, but 5%-30% of my revenue has always been based on adult sites.
I am not a coder, but I have a global team of independent contractors who do coding for me at spec.

I don't know who you are or what you would do with my pictures. What would you do to drive the revenue to get the money to pay the winners? To host servers? To build the site? Like you said, you are going to "spend thousands" so why would you do such a thing? Are you looking to make a profit off the site?

I'm sure you're a perfectly nice guy, but there's a lot of bad dudes out there looking to take advantage of cammodels. This is also your first post to the community here, which can rub the wrong way.

I'll try to answer each question here.

1. You would retain rights to the pictures. No use elsewhere.
2. There is an alternative to advertising that would drive revenue.
3. "To host servers?" I am presuming you mean in terms of the cost of hosting. I have a top of the line dedicated server. I can host 1-1000 sites for the same basic cost.
4. Yes, I am looking to making a modest profit off the site, but the majority of revenue would be awarded to the prize pool.
This is mostly "proof of concept", if it doesn't make money, hopefully I will have learned some new skills and maybe apply the technology to something else.
5. In terms of "bad dudes" being out there, I totally get that. This site actually came about as an offshoot of my idea to have an anti-catfishing site, where people could put in the username of scammers and see what the result is. So, yes, there are "bad dudes" all around. But, once people get the first prize, then I hope concerns can be assuaged.

New So I'm assuming casting a vote costs money?

1. Nope. Casting votes is totally free. There is an alternative revenue generator for the prize pool. That's one reason why I was drawn to the idea.

As a member this makes so little sense to me. Why am I paying YOU so the prize goes to someone else? Under your system there's completely no other incentive to 'vote' except 'just because'. Most members aren't white knights they want something for their money. When member help models for the contest the models are definitely giving members incentives for their money. There are very very few members funding models out of pure charity.

What site would even allow this to be promoted by the model? 'please spend your money to vote for me elsewhere than this site because it will make me really happy?'. Something like this would have to solely advertised from a models twitter in most cases because sites do not like models suggesting other places to do the exact same thing.

1. Nobody is paying anything for the prize to go anywhere.
2. It is a very good point about white knights and the psychology of the end user/voter, I will have to think about that more.
3. I am not sure which sites would allow or disallow this. But, no one is being directed to "spend money" elsewhere. Voting is free. If the site allows a link to an Amazon wish list, it should allow a link to a free voting site.
4. I agree with you that Twitter and other social media would be the best place to drive votes.

Thanks for all the questions and suggestions so far! Very helpful!

Transparency, please.

When the site is released, it will be transparent. This is an innovative idea and model and I do not want my intellectual property stolen before the site is even made.

Thanks for understanding on that. :)

Let me guess, a hidden coinminer on the site?

Hmmm, interesting idea. I will have to look into that more. But, I do not like anything that is "hidden". That is shady.

Also, in terms of transparency, I will probably run the "beta test" at 24 hours, just so people will know that the prizes are real.

I am also active on Fetlife, Instagram, etc. So, even though I was thinking about applying this to people who cam, there really is no reason it can't be applied elsewhere.

It is also shady when people ask for details about you and your idea and you respond by saying the idea is just so innovative that the IP will be stolen before you can follow through with your idea. Transparency isn't waiting until everything is up and running. Would you buy a car from someone who when asked if there is anything wrong with the car they answered just take it out on the highway and you'll see?

Also shady when you have no post history here and you are proposing people basically go into business with you.

Also shady when asked about your qualifications for running and designing such a site and you give a vague answer about having a global team of coders at your beck and call.

Reactions: ExcellaExe and Gen
When the site is released, it will be transparent. This is an innovative idea and model and I do not want my intellectual property stolen before the site is even made.

Thanks for understanding on that. :)
I don’t have any understanding for sites with no apparent income that aren’t open about how they’ll pay models. I get wanting to be secretive, but I’ve seen many a site come with big promises and then fade away when models start asking where their paycheque is. It’s a lot to ask models to use their image as promotion for your site (which is what this contest is, if the site brings you income) without telling them how their money is made.

Can you link your Instagram and Fetlife?

Reactions: ExcellaExe
Well, I was looking for feedback. I did anticipate some degree of skepticism.

You are always free to decline to take part if you think there is anything that is not above board when the site is launched.

But, when people receive payment, that will be the proof. If there is only one entry, that person wins. So, maybe people are are just trying to scare off the competition? It's just a fun project for me. If it makes me and other people some money, great, if it doesn't, hopefully will have learned some new skills.

PM me, and I can send a link to my Fetlife. I also have a profile on Sexy Jobs and can send that link as well.

There’s no “competition” when there’s no site, lol. I know my avatar is sexy enough to blow the others outta the water, but I can’t compete in a contest that doesn’t exist. :p

Anyway, time for my favourite gif.
CC3C7A8C-13B4-4970-B617-9403E2E371DF.gif

I think the feedback you have gotten so far is pretty valuable, we aren't willing to work with someone who can't/won't answer our questions outright or provide information to back their statements up. Saying "when people receive payment, that will be the proof" is not very reassuring. I imagine you can understand why we would be hesitant to work with someone who came out of nowhere with no background in the industry and no proven history of following through with their claims. Anyone can make an account on FetLife or SexyJobs, that doesn't give us any further reason to put our trust in you.

So, maybe people are are just trying to scare off the competition?
Yeah that must be it.

This industry is a magnet for outsiders who wish to profit off of our images. If you are hoping to benefit from our work, you are going to need to show us how your project benefits us as well. That's not specific to our industry in particular, but understand that this sort of conversation comes up all the time here.

Transparency, please.
Guessing he got himself a shiny, new affiliate link and is looking for a way to get camgirls to share it for him?
Girls... do not share affiliate links that aren't your own just to "win" peanuts. Use your own link. Keep your own money. Once you have a good social media following, occasionally share another girl's affiliate link to spread the money around to those who are working. Working people. Not "promoters".

this is a stupid idea. why on earth would i have my dudes pay to vote for BEST MODEL PIC when they can use their money towards a show on my site with me? if it doesn't benefit my placement, idgaf.

i can't stand when someone comes to us with an idea. come to us with an actual product. a good one.

PM me, and I can send a link to my Fetlife.

gsag.gif

Oh yes, just what camgirls need, more opportunities to compete against one another.

Guys like you are starting to blend together at this point. Most of us here are salespeople, we know what you're doing. Stop it.

Kind of sounds like Zivity to me, except in this case the prize money is coming from advertising or affiliate revenue? That's my best guess if the votes don't cost anything, and memberships are free.

i just love being compared to others, especially in such a competitive field. oh wait, no, thats sarcasm. if you want to make money in adult then ill pass you the lube, stop piggybacking off womens success

Status
Not open for further replies.