AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When was the last time you went somewhere that didn't accept credit or debit cards?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently. My favorite karaoke bar is this fantastic country bar 30 minutes outside of the city. Only takes cash. Then there's the gay bar here, which also only takes cash.

I did recently go to a brewery that had a "no cash" sign. That was different.

If Guy can't man up some sort of response, expect more blanks.

Sooo...you quoted my post as a way of saying you agreed with my post? Instead of just clicking the 'Agree' button? Lol. Okay.

Laundry Matt
My Dealer
This creepy chain of vegetarian restaurants and cafes that is operated by a local cult leader that died a decade ago. Mad good food tho haha

Yesterday at winco. They don’t take credit. 3rd time I have been stuck in line and forgot they didn’t take credit. Really sucks.

I will answer your question after you share your own experience.
When I went to Sala Thai last july. Once I saw the sign saying they no longer accept credit or debit cards, I walked out. In order for me to have eaten there I would have had to pay an extra $2.50 as the result of being charged by Chase for using a non-Chase ATM.
http://salathai.webstarts.com

When I went to Sala Thai last july. Once I saw the sign saying they no longer accept credit or debit cards, I walked out. In order for me to have eaten there I would have had to pay an extra $2.50 as the result of being charged by Chase for using a non-Chase ATM.

Do you normally carry cash, or only purchase with plastic?

I used to carry cash on my in previous times. But, rarely have done it in the past few months as haven't needed it. However, there are times where having $20-40 on you is beneficial.

Do you normally carry cash, or only purchase with plastic?

I used to carry cash on my in previous times. But, rarely have done it in the past few months as haven't needed it. However, there are times where having $20-40 on you is beneficial.
Only a debit card. In Madison, Chase only has ATMs at their 5 branches.

Only a debit card. In Madison, Chase only has ATMs at their 5 branches.

Might be worth picking up $20-40 in cash and keeping it in your wallet for emergencies or if you really want to eat somewhere that only accepts cash.

I generally only run into this with Bars/Lounges/Strip Clubs. Which of the three only Strip Clubs do I expect to be always carrying cash before I go in. I've lived in my current City long enough now to know most of the places that are cash only so I can plan accordingly. But, when I first moved here as a person that hardly carries cash it pissed me off having to get those ATM mark ups to get some cash.

also:

I guess whenever the last time was that I ran outside barefoot to stop the ice cream/shaved ice truck (2016?). Lol.

Stay away from that molester truck yo!

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox

That's interesting because the few places I know of that only accept cash are also Asian persuasion food places.

Most established foodservice outlets are trending more towards plastic only but not everyone can get a debit or credit card.

I would think a cash-only business is far more likely to be a target for robbery attempts, no?

Lots of shops in germany don't accept credit cards. Better chances with debit cards. But still. Germany is pretty cash based still.
Brace yourself for that, in case you come here for vacation/ work etc.

Reactions: LydiaFrost
Not just in Germany, in most of Western Europe (except the UK) credit cards are not widely accepted in stores. Acceptance of debit cards is a lot more common.

What about debit?

I've never been to a place that will not accept credit cards but will take a debit card. I'd be interested in the reasoning behind their actions if they do. Businesses that won't accept CCs are losing out on a lot of potential revenue imo. I know there's a small % taken out for CC transaction fees but find it hard to believe it's more profitable to NOT accept CCs.

Reactions: TashaRose
I've never been to a place that will not accept credit cards but will take a debit card. I'd be interested in the reasoning behind their actions if they do. Businesses that won't accept CCs are losing out on a lot of potential revenue imo. I know there's a small % taken out for CC transaction fees but find it hard to believe it's more profitable to NOT accept CCs.
Woodmans does not take credit but does take debit. The reason they dont accept credit is so they can keep their prices cheap. The processing fees for debit cards are far lower than the processing fees for credit cards.
https://onmilwaukee.com/market/articles/woodmansmarkets.html

The reason they dont accept credit is so they can keep their prices cheap. The processing fees for debit cards are far lower than the processing fees for credit cards.
Now that I think more about it... Aldi used to only accept debit cards too but have recently switched to taking CCs. I've only shopped at Woodmans once and was overwhelmed by their bulk selections, so it surprises me they don't accept CCs. Not to mention that I now remember Costco used to only accept debit or AE too. My bad.

Those girls selling Girl Scout Cookies outside of Grocery stores... Never met a troop with a card reader.
And it's less and less frequent but I still run into the odd taco truck that only takes cash.
I make it a habit to get a 20 back in cash every time I go grocery shopping... Cuz I love me some Thin-Mints and Carne Asada.

Those girls selling Girl Scout Cookies outside of Grocery stores... Never met a troop with a card reader.
And it's less and less frequent but I still run into the odd taco truck that only takes cash.
I make it a habit to get a 20 back in cash every time I go grocery shopping... Cuz I love me some Thin-Mints and Carne Asada.

One thing I found myself venting about recently was the fact that these poor Girl Scouts have had their tables set up - in 20 - 30 degree weather - right outside of a local bar here...in the same spot where all the smokers come out to stand.

These girls will stand out there freezing, while inhaling all that secondhand smoke.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Now that I think more about it... Aldi used to only accept debit cards too but have recently switched to taking CCs. I've only shopped at Woodmans once and was overwhelmed by their bulk selections, so it surprises me they don't accept CCs. Not to mention that I now remember Costco used to only accept debit or AE too. My bad.

Years ago, some stores would only accept AE, Discover or MasterCard. But, I think that they have found they lose business if they don't accept the majority of cards.

Personally, I'd rather pay by cash only as to me it's more visible numbers of what I have available to me at the time. I think too many get hung up in the CC balance debacle and have to dig their ways out.

One thing I found myself venting about recently was the fact that these poor Girl Scouts have had their tables set up - in 20 - 30 degree weather - right outside of a local bar here...in the same spot where all the smokers come out to stand.

These girls will stand out there freezing, while inhaling all that secondhand smoke.
I actually buy my cigarettes from Girl Scouts, too. One Stop Shopping!

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.