AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting Your Camming Business off of the Ground

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What's your favorite website to cam for?

• MFC

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Chaturbate

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Streamate

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • NiteFlirt

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2018
Aloha!

I just recently quit my job to do camming full time and it have proven to be far more difficult than I had anticipated. I have been a member of the MFC community on and off for many years now. I am looking to become a full time cam model but I've been hitting a wall when it comes to the discipline to set a schedule and with my general income and room vibe that brings in customers. I have a really hard time having a conversation with myself when I begin to broadcast for longer than 30 minutes. How do I get people to engage? I ask questions directed to the people in my room but yet to no avail..
I plan to set a daily schedule where I am broadcasting at certain times for a couple of hours during the day and a couple of hours in the evening until I figure out what works best for me but I am so frustrated at how little money I am making.

I want to use different websites to increase my options for income. I signed up with Chaturbate and I'm so incredibly overwhelmed by the apps and bots section and how coding focused this website is. If anyone has any recommendations on what to focus on when starting with CB I would thoroughly appreciate it. Also a good list of other camming sites ya'll use and what you like about then would be very helpful as well.

Thank you so much!!
-Frankie

I'd start with the sticky threads in General Cam Chat and Ask a Model, then go for verification. It seems like you have a passion to work hard at this, I have faith that you will find what works eventually.

On engagement of members, if they are there then they are interested; how you encourage that next step is difficult to give a simple answer on. For instance many members don't like being 'called out', so for the most part you want early chat with non-regulars to be very general or small talk, and directed at everyone.
Keep in mind many may be still deciding on spending for a next step or the right moment to spend on even after an hour with you; not all but some. So decent runs of time on can make a big difference.

Starting out most successes seem to come from gaining regulars first, then focusing on spenders; but could be wrong on that one perhaps it is just luck to start with.

Be positive, play the averages, keep active, keep talking to the group in a way you are comfortable with and I believe that you will have more luck.
When things go well ride those moments as long as you can... this is a game of moments.

Reactions: AnaArwen
I hate MFC and have no advice other than to try other sites and get model access. MFC does not work for everyone :) I have been doing this 6 years full time w/ no MFC - I am a full time clip maker and make my income on NF, C4S & IWC only (and custom clips as well)

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Hey there!
I'd recommend checking out this thread -> https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/advice-for-new-models.14554/
It's geared towards MFC & it's a really long read but a lot of it can be applied to CB!
One of the best things you can do is be consistent with having a daily schedule and just trying to stay on. If you're not online, you're not going to get seen by people/potential tippers/build up regs. When I worked there I found the first hour was the longest/toughest but things would start to pick up after that for me. If you can't get people to engage in conversation, maybe try dancing around or teasing a bit. It takes time to build up regs and getting others to tip you but don't give up!

I think my favorite app was Token Keno - it works towards a goal and you're able to give instant prizes if they get the number right. Dice roll is a good one too.

Personally I couldn't keep a consistent schedule/same time of day for CB/a ton of other reasons so I decided to check out Streamate and I seriously love it. It's private based so you're not doing anything super sexual in public or doing countdowns to goals unless you're doing a goldshow.

The pros and cons vary from person to person I'm sure but here's my list:

Pros: more traffic/consistent, not having to be incredibly entertaining/chatty in public, can sign in whenever and usually make money (better if you have a certain time you log in everyday though), no outside contact from the site so you don't really need social media.
Cons: you need a very powerful computer and good internet speeds, lower payout percentage

The lower payout percentage balances out with the consistent traffic though, for me at least.

I'd start with the sticky threads in General Cam Chat and Ask a Model, then go for verification. It seems like you have a passion to work hard at this, I have faith that you will find what works eventually.

On engagement of members, if they are there then they are interested; how you encourage that next step is difficult to give a simple answer on. For instance many members don't like being 'called out', so for the most part you want early chat with non-regulars to be very general or small talk, and directed at everyone.
Keep in mind many may be still deciding on spending for a next step or the right moment to spend on even after an hour with you; not all but some. So decent runs of time on can make a big difference.

Starting out most successes seem to come from gaining regulars first, then focusing on spenders; but could be wrong on that one perhaps it is just luck to start with.

Be positive, play the averages, keep active, keep talking to the group in a way you are comfortable with and I believe that you will have more luck.
When things go well ride those moments as long as you can... this is a game of moments.
Thank you so much for yours words of encouragement and support! I thoroughly apppreciate it

Reactions: Ambers Troll
I hate MFC and have no advice other than to try other sites and get model access. MFC does not work for everyone :) I have been doing this 6 years full time w/ no MFC - I am a full time clip maker and make my income on NF, C4S & IWC only (and custom clips as well)
That's so funny, for whatever reason I have been under the impression that MFC was the best site to work for. I'm gonna look into other routes, thank you!

Hey there!
I'd recommend checking out this thread -> https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/advice-for-new-models.14554/
It's geared towards MFC & it's a really long read but a lot of it can be applied to CB!
One of the best things you can do is be consistent with having a daily schedule and just trying to stay on. If you're not online, you're not going to get seen by people/potential tippers/build up regs. When I worked there I found the first hour was the longest/toughest but things would start to pick up after that for me. If you can't get people to engage in conversation, maybe try dancing around or teasing a bit. It takes time to build up regs and getting others to tip you but don't give up!

I think my favorite app was Token Keno - it works towards a goal and you're able to give instant prizes if they get the number right. Dice roll is a good one too.

Personally I couldn't keep a consistent schedule/same time of day for CB/a ton of other reasons so I decided to check out Streamate and I seriously love it. It's private based so you're not doing anything super sexual in public or doing countdowns to goals unless you're doing a goldshow.

The pros and cons vary from person to person I'm sure but here's my list:

Pros: more traffic/consistent, not having to be incredibly entertaining/chatty in public, can sign in whenever and usually make money (better if you have a certain time you log in everyday though), no outside contact from the site so you don't really need social media.
Cons: you need a very powerful computer and good internet speeds, lower payout percentage

The lower payout percentage balances out with the consistent traffic though, for me at least.
It sounds like I'll really enjoy Streamate, I've started the process to get an account there! What would you say the biggest differences are between streamate and MFC? Just so I know what to be prepared for. Thank you so much for your guidance!

It's private based ~ so nothing goes down in public chat. You can't show anything below the belt! You can do boob flashes or sit there topless but that's about it. I think the biggest learning curve for me was learning about different fetishes to be honest.
Once you're signed up, you'll be able to find the different guides streamate has for models to read that explains the site better! I'd also recommend reading through the streamate sticky thread on here that's under "ask a model". :) Good luck! Feel free to message me if you have any other questions that you can't find answers to on here or on SM itself.

Reactions: asia_lynn
That's so funny, for whatever reason I have been under the impression that MFC was the best site to work for. I'm gonna look into other routes, thank you!

I do not think so at all- I support my whole family and live in Massachusetts (a very expensive state) and are only on NF, SM & C4S/IWC

MFC is deff not for everyone

Reactions: melanieoncam
It's private based ~ so nothing goes down in public chat. You can't show anything below the belt! You can do boob flashes or sit there topless but that's about it. I think the biggest learning curve for me was learning about different fetishes to be honest.
Once you're signed up, you'll be able to find the different guides streamate has for models to read that explains the site better! I'd also recommend reading through the streamate sticky thread on here that's under "ask a model". :) Good luck! Feel free to message me if you have any other questions that you can't find answers to on here or on SM itself.
Thank you thank you! I appreciate your guidance! I have a feeling this is going to work best for me :h:

Reactions: Alyssa Taylor
Status
Not open for further replies.