AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Incel (Intolorable Celebrities)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Situation and Johnny Fairplay. Yeah, being rather loose with what qualifies as a celebrity. Fairplay briefly wrestled and seemed to be attempting an Andy Kaufman gimmick. Was terrible. I like her show but Roseanne seems pretty shitty too.

Reactions: zippypinhead
Fairplay briefly wrestled and seemed to be attempting an Andy Kaufman gimmick.

I was gonna say the Kardashians and the Jenners as they are always in my face on the Yahoo homepage. I could care less.

But:

Good point and something I didn't even realize! If you look at the dynamics of interpersonal relationships of 'professional' wresting you can kind of see how the world of 'celebrity' has grown. I don't know about "Johnny Fairplay" but Kaufman really is the first person to be a annoying presence you love to hate and is sorta responsible for why "Celebrities" like the Kardashians and the Jenners are so famous (OJ helped, but, Andy made the script). People get interested and follow. Andy did it without twitter or the internet. Create Chaos and be outlandish and spectacular and fool the schlubs (like he did on the Letterman show).

It is interesting how life now is so much a professional wrestling drama with Trump and how much people love these Kardashians and Jenners--it all seems like such a wrestling drama. I guess we, as a people, deserve it since it is so popular to be a controversial figure. Controversy makes the headlines! LOL.

Yeah, Kaufman was amazing. Way ahead of his time. More info for any youngsters.

He continues to be respected for the variety of his characters, his uniquely counterintuitive approach to comedy, and his willingness to provoke negative and confused reactions from audiences

While often called a comedian, Kaufman described himself instead as a "song and dance man".[2] He disdained telling jokes and engaging in comedy as it was traditionally understood, once saying in a rare introspective interview, "I am not a comic, I have never told a joke. ... The comedian's promise is that he will go out there and make you laugh with him... My only promise is that I will try to entertain you as best I can.

Although officials at St. Francis Hospital stated that Kaufman's neck injuries were real, in his 2002 biography It's Good to Be the King ... Sometimes, Lawler detailed how they came up with the angle and kept it quiet. Even though Kaufman's injury was legitimate, the pair exaggerated it. He also said that Kaufman's furious tirade and performance on Lettermanwas Kaufman's own idea, including when Lawler slapped Kaufman out of his chair. Promoter Jerry Jarrett later recalled that for two years, he would mail Kaufman payments comparable to what other main-event wrestlers were getting at the time, but Kaufman never deposited the checks

Since 2004, The Andy Kaufman Award competition has been held annually as "a showcase for promising cutting-edge artists with fresh and unconventional material, for those willing to take risks with an audience, and for those who do not define themselves by the typical conventions of comedy"

I've never liked Woody Allen. The praise his movies get always felt unwarranted. Don't care about how creepy and weird he seems to be, just an overrated egomaniac.

Roseanne seems pretty shitty too.

A correction in light of recent events, is pretty shitty too. Love how Ambien responded to her idiotic and weak attempt at shifting the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.