AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What countries spend the most?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

When is the best time to Cam in EST

• Nights

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Days

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judy_

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 19, 2017
Hello sexy ladies! I'm trying to think up a schedule and stick to it. My boyfriend works during the day and ideally I'd like to cam at that time from 9-5pm EST but I tend to feel like most people in America anyway are at work at the that time. I'm gearing up to do a camathon and figure out what times are best as Ive taken a lot of time off since moving from PST to EST. Ideally I'd cam in the day Monday to Friday so I can spend time with my love. I guess Im curious if anyone has great luck daytime or if nighttime seems best. What countries tend to tip the most? European countries or America / Canada. I tend to think it would be America but who knows!!?!??

Let's hear your schedule and why you decided on that one.
Is your schedule determined by highest tipping or by your daily routine?
What counties do you think tip the most?
In your opinion when is the best time to be online?

I don't think it matters too much what time of day you cam. Because there are always cam models online, and there are always customers willing to pay them.

There are, however, pros and cons to different time periods.
Camming in the day time for you would have the majority of working Americans at work. (there are some naughty people who sneak and view cams at work though)
But even so, there will be other countries where it's night, and people are ready to go and drop money.

There are downsides to camming at night in America though, because yes there are more customers who have free time after work, but there are more cam models online, meaning more competition.

Camming on weekends, especially Friday nights, anytime Saturday, and day time on Sunday has always been slow for me. My logic says that most people are out enjoying themselves, and they're interacting with people. It's the middle of the week, late at night, that people feel lonely and seek out a connection.

I can't say this for sure, but I feel like countries that have higher salaries and higher minimum wage may pay more. Countries with lower salaries tend to try and get a bargain and more bang for their buck.

I've personally received a lot more from Australians than any other country, but that might be because I am Australian and Aussies have this thing about helping each other out.

I've heard that Japanese men pay out a lot more per person, compared to America.

Sorry if the post is all over the place. It's just some things that I've noticed and researched on my own.
Instead of thinking what time it would be good to cam, try thinking of who your customers are, and do some research on market segmentation.
Once you nail now who your customers are, the market that you want to target, you can then choose a time schedule that will match up when they're online.

Mine is weird. I have a new schedule since my hubby works nights, and I switched mine to match up with his. I was barely seeing him, and it was hurting our time together.

I work anywhere from 9 pm - 1 am est. And then get online 5 am to 8 am est. Monday through Friday. Sometimes I work sunday nights. Early mornings I've notice I don't have to hustle hard. People are more likely to purchase shows since they are on a time crunch to jerk off and get to work.

When I was a baby cammodel I would work 6am to 11 am est. Less models online which helped with my placement and to get shows. Yeah it sucked that less people were talking or hanging out, but getting shows every 20 minutes made up for it

I don't think it matters too much what time of day you cam. Because there are always cam models online, and there are always customers willing to pay them.

There are, however, pros and cons to different time periods.
Camming in the day time for you would have the majority of working Americans at work. (there are some naughty people who sneak and view cams at work though)
But even so, there will be other countries where it's night, and people are ready to go and drop money.

There are downsides to camming at night in America though, because yes there are more customers who have free time after work, but there are more cam models online, meaning more competition.

Camming on weekends, especially Friday nights, anytime Saturday, and day time on Sunday has always been slow for me. My logic says that most people are out enjoying themselves, and they're interacting with people. It's the middle of the week, late at night, that people feel lonely and seek out a connection.

I can't say this for sure, but I feel like countries that have higher salaries and higher minimum wage may pay more. Countries with lower salaries tend to try and get a bargain and more bang for their buck.

I've personally received a lot more from Australians than any other country, but that might be because I am Australian and Aussies have this thing about helping each other out.

I've heard that Japanese men pay out a lot more per person, compared to America.

Sorry if the post is all over the place. It's just some things that I've noticed and researched on my own.
Instead of thinking what time it would be good to cam, try thinking of who your customers are, and do some research on market segmentation.
Once you nail now who your customers are, the market that you want to target, you can then choose a time schedule that will match up when they're online.

This is super helpful! Thank you so much for your insights!

Reactions: A Little Batty
Not a model obviously but this is how I see the impact of when you cam. Very few models are truly crowd sourced, meaning hundreds of small tippers. Finding success means finding a regular or two. Your chances of finding that regular increases if you are online when more spending members are online. However you will always have a chance at any hour. And your chances always go up the more hours you stay online.

For me as European cam girl it turned out that guests from the USA and Canada spend the most money with me, starting from 6 pm until midnight or 1 am in the morning. But probably depends on the camsite too, I only did BongaCams so far with lots of West and Eastern European and Russian traffic. Even the users from "richer" European countries like e.g. Germany or France seem to think about every single token about beeing a big spending. Maybe it's also a thing of "tipping culture", the Americans are just muuuuch more generous with tips than here in Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judy_
Not a model obviously but this is how I see the impact of when you cam. Very few models are truly crowd sourced, meaning hundreds of small tippers. Finding success means finding a regular or two. Your chances of finding that regular increases if you are online when more spending members are online. However you will always have a chance at any hour. And your chances always go up the more hours you stay online.
thats a fantastic way to look at it!

I think people are attracted to either what's different from them, like with accents, or what's the same if there aren't many cam models from their country.

Everyone loves an accent, and they're drawn to it.

For me, I get Australians coming into my room and shouting hurray just for existing as an Australian cam girl, because there aren't as many of us as there are American cam girls.

I think of it as a trait that sets me apart/ makes me special.

Think about what makes you special, and sets you apart from the next girl. Then think about who would like that and when they'd be online.

True, Mfc_anon, but a Model won't get regulars if she is not regular, herself. Just putting in long hours won't be enough. Be consistent. Set a schedule and stick to it. It's easy to find something else to do rather than work. But when it's time for work, be there. If you are there the same time every day, it will be easier for a "regular" to find you.

ever since i started camming in november of last year, my schedule has been tuesday through saturday, with the occasional sunday appearance. from midnight to about 5 am. and it seems a lot of my regulars dwell amongst the southern, new england, or west coast areas of the united states with a few in canada, uk, and germany. i suppose it all truly comes down to how many hours a model puts in, luck from persistence and daily exposure, and whenever a member decides to lurk.

if it were up to me and not having to be wary about roommates and privacy, then i would during the day, too. i rarely get to take advantage of the day time and evening hours. i'm on a complete nocturnal schedule, but i do recommend you try out these hours, because you will never know what surprises may be granted your way.

I recall reading somewhere a while back that the top 5 countries based on reported affiliate income were: USA, Canada, UK, and Germany. I can't remember the last one, but I think it was The Netherlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.