AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you still use personal checks?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you still use personal checks?

• Yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some businesses can only be paid with checks. I write one a month to the company that cuts my grass, and for large amounts, like car down payments, that do not need to be cashier checks.

I hate checks with a fiery burning passion and avoid them unless I have no other choice. I have disliked them ever since I worked retail and people would insist on paying with checks and it took at least five minutes to process the transaction, which would have been under a minute if they'd used a card or paid cash.

All of my bills are paid online, directly from my bank account. Anything else, I can use my debit card or take out cash. I used to have to use them for rent, but after moving out of that place, I've been able to pay electronically. I still have the same box of checks that I ordered back in 2011, and I'm nowhere near using them up.

No, I don't usually use them. I have the small amount of starter checks that the bank gave me when I opened my new account in March or April this year.

I do everything with cash or debit card (except for paying my rent, which I use money orders for since I'm now banned from using the online rent payment system...due to one too many insufficient funds incidents).

I haven't written a check since I started using SquareCash and Apple Pay. Every small business (lawn care, the tree guy etc) we deal with prefers those over checks or even cash. Like Shaun the only thing I would use a check for is a large ticket item (e.g. car down payment).

I have disliked them ever since I worked retail and people would insist on paying with checks and it took at least five minutes to process the transaction, which would have been under a minute if they'd used a card or paid cash.
When I worked retail the joke was that the only people that paid with checks were the people that did not have any money in their bank accounts.

Some times pay by check is the only option. Checks are allot easier and safer then carrying around big stacks of cash. Especially if you need a record/proof that you gave said person said money.

For day to day, checks can be a backup, Incase your card gets stolen.

Reactions: SoTxBob
I have only ever written one cheque in my life. It was when I bought my first car at 17. Never had a reason too after that and now I don't even have a chequebook.

Rarely but sometimes, like at unexpected toll booths, it's the only option. i get a sheet or two of temp checks from my bank maybe once a year and keep them in the truck for just such occasions.
Once or twice they saved me when a stores card system went down.

Reactions: Lelo1
Since I'm a millenial I thought that I'd never use checks until I started college and had to start "adulting". I like the process of it because it makes me feel important, but I still think of it as an "old lady going to the market" task...

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.