AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

AFF has that because it's a hookup site, and it's easier to get sum fuk if you can find local people. I don't think camsites should list more than the country a model's in, tbh. If you want to watch Americans, Brits, Canadians, cool. But people searching for state often end up bothering the models for meet ups and shit (more than normal, that is) and it's a royal annoyance.

Very true... though CB could add in more for 'View models by geographic location:'

Upvote 0
New idea:

Accounts to have a verified email BEFORE they are allowed to talk in rooms.

This would stop a lot of the spam bots.

I remember suggesting this with one of my emails a long time ago.
I genuinely don't think they will do it purely based on the fact they will lose potential users - 99.99% of which are ones who are never going to buy tokens anyway. If anyone ever has any real and true intentions and to return, they wouldn't mind simply verifying their account in email. It's simple and fast.

Upvote 0
Not trying to harsh anyone's expectations on the IP ban suggestions, but most IP's are dynamic where ADSL is concerned(not sure how cable works), and a simple reboot of the router will set a new IP address.

My personal suggestions for CB would be:

1. As a member, I dislike the temporary nature of the "purple" member name ranking shenanigans, where if I go on vacation or do not visit the site for several weeks, I come back to a position where my username is at the bottom of the user list because my name is now light blue. I would much rather have my ranking be based on how much I spend compared to how much time I spend logged in. If someone is logging in and spending several hours on the site without buying or spending tokens, that would be a more fair way to reduce the ranking of a member than to just reduce their ranking because they haven't logged on in "X" amount of time. Basically, base my ranking on how much I spend -AND- by how much time I spend logged in. A higher ranking should be given to someone who is spending 1000+ tokens in an hour versus someone who is spending 500 tokens and freeloading for hours on end. Once the ranking is achieved, it is only reduced by time spent logged in and NOT spending.

2. As others have said, a more involved search function of any kind would be better than what CB has now.

3. Some form of messaging system would be ideal.

4. Allow models to set some kind of "away" message or status if they are going on hiatus or vacation/whatever.

5. I agree with roydz. I second the notion of e-mail verification before a user can talk in a room.

Upvote 0
I say leave it as it is (so my model friends can continue to use all the bugs flaws and loopholes I taught them about..)

Upvote 0
Not trying to harsh anyone's expectations on the IP ban suggestions, but most IP's are dynamic where ADSL is concerned(not sure how cable works), and a simple reboot of the router will set a new IP address.

My personal suggestions for CB would be:

1. As a member, I dislike the temporary nature of the "purple" member name ranking shenanigans, where if I go on vacation or do not visit the site for several weeks, I come back to a position where my username is at the bottom of the user list because my name is now light blue. I would much rather have my ranking be based on how much I spend compared to how much time I spend logged in. If someone is logging in and spending several hours on the site without buying or spending tokens, that would be a more fair way to reduce the ranking of a member than to just reduce their ranking because they haven't logged on in "X" amount of time. Basically, base my ranking on how much I spend -AND- by how much time I spend logged in. A higher ranking should be given to someone who is spending 1000+ tokens in an hour versus someone who is spending 500 tokens and freeloading for hours on end. Once the ranking is achieved, it is only reduced by time spent logged in and NOT spending.

The user 'rankings' are based on how much you tip and will last for 24 hours. But these colours can be hidden within the Chat settings.

1000 = Dark Purple
250 = Light purple
50 = Dark Blue
Has tokens = Light Blue

Upvote 0
The user 'rankings' are based on how much you tip and will last for 24 hours. But these colours can be hidden within the Chat settings.

1000 = Dark Purple
250 = Light purple
50 = Dark Blue
Has tokens = Light Blue

I do not think the "24 hour" information is accurate, as I am sitting on a few hundred unspent tokens and have not logged on, or tipped since Wednesday of last week and my name is still dark purple as of checking just now.

Upvote 0
I do not think the "24 hour" information is accurate, as I am sitting on a few hundred unspent tokens and have not logged on, or tipped since Wednesday of last week and my name is still dark purple as of checking just now.

It's based on date/time for when it expires over the period of 2 weeks.
If I tip 1,000+ TODAY then in 14 days at the same time, my purple name will be removed and I will drop to light blue or grey (depends if I have tokens left in my account or not), BUT if I keep spending through that 14 days (for example sake, lets say i spend a further 250 tokens the very next day)... that means I will remain a light purple for an additional day..

Hope that makes sense, if not then hopefully someone else can explain it clearer with a more in depth explanation - I promise it's simple and easy to understand.

Upvote 0
It's based on date/time for when it expires over the period of 2 weeks.
If I tip 1,000+ TODAY then in 14 days at the same time, my purple name will be removed and I will drop to light blue or grey (depends if I have tokens left in my account or not), BUT if I keep spending through that 14 days (for example sake, lets say i spend a further 250 tokens the very next day)... that means I will remain a light purple for an additional day..

Hope that makes sense, if not then hopefully someone else can explain it clearer with a more in depth explanation - I promise it's simple and easy to understand.

This makes sense and seems more accurate than 24 hours. I just do not like being dropped in rank simply because I do not log in. If I am spending/buying tokens when I am logged in to my member account, then I feel it would be more fair to reduce my rank if I am logged in and NOT spending tokens. My suggestion is to simply maintain my previous rank even if I do not log in for "X" amount of time. But once I do log in, the rank reduction begins to occur immediately if I am not tipping/spending tokens. They could add new colors(or even an icon..something) to reward those that have a high spending pattern and short amounts of logged-in time. The longer you are logged in without spending tokens would result in a lower rank/color. The current system, imho, simply rewards those who might spend 1000 tokens in a week, and then choose to freeload for the next 7 days, or those who keep 1 token in their account to maintain the light blue rank. My suggestion is to do away with the 14 day tick-down period(whether logged in or not) and switch to a system that rewards members who tip more frequently while actually online/logged-in. I feel it would definitely be a boon to the models instead of having to guess if a purple member is on the 23rd hour of his 14th day....especially when they aren't tipping..for whatever reason.

This thread asked for suggestions..and this is one I wanted to submit. =)

Upvote 0
those who keep 1 token in their account to maintain the light blue rank.

Gosh, those are annoying. A lot of them are like the 0/20 dudes on MFC, "I bought tokens one time so I could talk to models forever"

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
Better monitoring of their site..is what they need., lastnight in particular one of the worst i've seen there. Don't know what was worse The dog humper that was on several hours. Or the Asian guy jerking off next to his sleeping toddler.
:wtf:

Upvote 0
A way to search for specific tags. When I'm not camming I like to cruise other rooms :angelic:, but would love it if I didn't have to spend so long scrolling through the tags page when I'm looking for something specific.

Upvote 0
1. Increase the limits for someone to obtain a dark blue / light purple / dark purple nickname. Something like 500 for dark blue, 1000 for light purple, 2000 for dark purple. It sounds rude, but I see a lot of new cam models waste their time PMing dark blue / light purple guys who haven't spent a lot of money on the cam site at all. You shouldn't be getting the 2nd highest "rank" for spending only $15 in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Just thought of a new one: image thumbnails for rooms that are offline.

Whenever I go into my "Followed" tab it's just a sea of grey boxes, unless a model is online. A thumbnail preview of each room would be helpful in reminding me who I'm following, as I have a lot in there! It could be user submitted so that the model has control over it, too.

Upvote 0
Just thought of a new one: image thumbnails for rooms that are offline.

Whenever I go into my "Followed" tab it's just a sea of grey boxes, unless a model is online. A thumbnail preview of each room would be helpful in reminding me who I'm following, as I have a lot in there! It could be user submitted so that the model has control over it, too.

CB used to do this years ago... but it was replaced with the Grey Chaturbate Logo.

Upvote 0
CB used to do this years ago... but it was replaced with the Grey Chaturbate Logo.

To be fair, I understand why they do it like this. It's so you can easily see who is online in your list, so you don't see one and think "oh yay NAME is online" and you click it, only to realize "oh damn, nope she is offline". Although, something where it's maybe like with some other sites that use an Avatar + Live pictures. So for those online it will default to live photos, and for offline it'd be their avatar - and maybe the avatar will be smaller than the full width and height on the thumbnail.

Edit: To add... if you can't remember who they are because you need an image for them, maybe it's a sign to show you are following too many? lol

Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
Edit: To add... if you can't remember who they are because you need an image for them, maybe it's a sign to show you are following too many? lol

Haha, I only wish that were true and it's not the fact that my memory sucks!

Out of interest, why did it change to the grey CB logo? Was it the whole "see who's online more easily" thing stated above? Just slap a giant "online" banner across 'em for idiots like me, I say... :D

Upvote 0
We can sort users by tokens now. Therefore the color is not important anymore.

Sorting users by tokens is an OLD feature, it predates the different colors by at least a couple years.

Upvote 0
Haha, I only wish that were true and it's not the fact that my memory sucks!

Out of interest, why did it change to the grey CB logo? Was it the whole "see who's online more easily" thing stated above? Just slap a giant "online" banner across 'em for idiots like me, I say... :D

I am personally unsure. It's always been like this since I have been a member which is since about October or September 2016.
I can honestly only think of the reason I stated - that may be wrong, of course but it makes sense.

Reactions: ronniepudding
Upvote 0
Other Ideas supplied by a long time model:

Different kinds of Fan Clubs... Monthly, Weekly or Daily

Payment option of a Fan Club by paying with tokens

I like the idea of paying with tokens for a fan club membership.
The only advantage I could see for daily, eekly and monthly fan clubs is to show members getting discounts and them thinking they are getting a deal/bargain:

$1 for a daily fan club membership
$6 for weekly fan club membership ($1 saving per week)
$24 for a monthly fan club membership ($1 week membership FREE)

Not sure what other benefit or need/point of a daily fanclub would be, other than the person buying it JUST to get/watch/download that model's content (videos and photos).

Upvote 0

I didnt even know fan clubs couldnt be paid with tokens... mind you ive never set one up

Upvote 0

The All In One bot offers additional “Fan Club” options that can be bought into with tokens, but it doesn’t have an amount of time that can be set. I use this bot for other things, but have never played with the Fan Club options. I’m sure we’d have to add/remove members manually, which would suck. Also, it is probably only going to work as long as you run that bot. If they made a couple tweaks to it though it would probably be exactly what we need.

Attachments

• F8A079BC-49FB-4466-BB62-B43136CC47C3.png
    F8A079BC-49FB-4466-BB62-B43136CC47C3.png
    329.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: CurvyJ
Upvote 0
I didnt even know fan clubs couldnt be paid with tokens... mind you ive never set one up
If you go into your settings, where private/group show settings are, the Fan Club option is there. You can see the amount in dollars it costs the member, and the token amount listed is what you will get each month.

Reactions: CurvyJ
Upvote 0
If you go into your settings, where private/group show settings are, the Fan Club option is there. You can see the amount in dollars it costs the member, and the token amount listed is what you will get each month.

The model gets the tokens yes, but the users have to pay directly each month by credit card. Even if you have tokens in your account the money still comes directly from your credit card.

I like the idea of paying with tokens for a fan club membership.
The only advantage I could see for daily, eekly and monthly fan clubs is to show members getting discounts and them thinking they are getting a deal/bargain:

$1 for a daily fan club membership
$6 for weekly fan club membership ($1 saving per week)
$24 for a monthly fan club membership ($1 week membership FREE)

Not sure what other benefit or need/point of a daily fanclub would be, other than the person buying it JUST to get/watch/download that model's content (videos and photos).

I'm not sure how it would work either, it was just a suggestion from another model what she would like to see as she doesnt like using bots etc.

Like a daily fan club could get PM's but no content from the gallery.
Weekly could get PM's and maybe 2 items from the gallery
Monthly Pm's and all the content in the gallery

Upvote 0
The ability to search for users, specific tip amounts or view certain periods of time in token history without having to scroll from the most recent tips and look through every single one!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.