AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fortnite

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2012
NY
I would have posted in the old thread, but the thread seemed to be locked.
Hope it's ok, to be posting a new thread.
I picked this up a few weeks ago, I have to say I've been having lots of fun.

Many people have tried figuring out how to make a 100 player PvP game work. I have to say the way Fornite handle it, splitting people up into teams and squads works wonderfully. And it's the right mix of dayz, counter strike, and minecraft. I've never had so much fun in a team game working as a team.

I know some people think it's a nock of off. But the building really takes it to a whole new level.

But the building really takes it to a whole new level.
The building is what makes it untrue to the whole battle royale thing for me. I wish there was no building, I would probably be a huge addict of this game by now.

Fortnite is great, but the building aspect of it is new and players are still getting used to it. I know some find it difficult to build since it's difficult to get much practice at all since you have to join a game with 99 other players and most of the time you get killed within the first 5 mins of the game if you can't build up on someone to get the advantage on them or to protect yourself.

Fortunately, fortnite is coming out with a new game mode this coming Tuesday. They're calling it "Playground". It's for players who haven't figured out how to build. You'll be able to explore the map and not have to worry about other players, or the storm, killing you. Just go in practice building/editing and git gud at it to be able to have a chance to win in an actual match.

Reactions: Lelo1
What do you dislike about building?
When I play a shooting game, I can't be busy with collecting resources and building stuff, I should be finding and shooting people. :) (Also I'm bad enough at shooters, not coordinated enough to do both building and aiming properly.)

Realm Royale has done a nice job of being a cartoony battle royale with no building.

Reactions: Gen
I haven't played Fortnite yet, so I have to ask what is the endgame? If it has building and resource collection, then what are the Meta activities that determine a winner?

I haven't played Fortnite yet, so I have to ask what is the endgame? If it has building and resource collection, then what are the Meta activities that determine a winner?
The goal is til kill everyone else.

Like LOL, every game is a micro game. You start fresh, you choose where your going to drop. Ones you drop in, you start with nothing, so you have to quickly forge for weapons and supplies. All the while being prepared to fight and Build. Each game is like 5-10 minutes. So things stay fresh.

Your also getting XP, which levels up your rank, unlocking cosmetic rewards.

Everything in this game has a skill gap. Your constantly making choices that can effect the outcome of the game. And like LOL, team work is incredibly important. People loose games because they don't know the map, how to drop, they don't adapt to other teams when dropping, poor team work, poor communication, Because they farmed too much or too little. They didn't pick the load out. They got out built, out gunned, out framed. They didn't make it to circle in time, extra.

And all of this is dynamic. One game spreading out gets you lots of resources, the next it can get you pinched.

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
Watched a few videos on youtube today to try and get an understanding of things. A few things stand out though, such as the matchmaking process, and another is how some people seem to get weapons so fast as compared to others. It seems like team composition is critical though, and the chances of getting stuck with a bunch of morons is quite high.

team composition is critical though, and the chances of getting stuck with a bunch of morons is quite high.
You don't have to group up with people, you can play solo.

Watched a few videos on youtube today to try and get an understanding of things. A few things stand out though, such as the matchmaking process, and another is how some people seem to get weapons so fast as compared to others. It seems like team composition is critical though, and the chances of getting stuck with a bunch of morons is quite high.

It's a skill game, so yah, playing with good player increases your chance to get to first place. That probable matters more at the competitive levels.

Most of the people you bump into pubbing it are there to have fun. And or are just playing with friends. If you're ok at FPS games, have a mic, and communicate, your already ahead of the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.