AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Give Some Positives About Camming or Being a Member

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
We often hear negative things regarding camming or the users on cam sites but I am sure, like with me, you have had a lot of positives, or at least some.
I am not expecting life changing for most but just some small, minor things.

For example with me, I was and always have been a super shy nervous and anxious guy but due to some amazing women on cam sites who I chat to often and really do get along with (regardless of if I can give 0 tips, 1 tip or 1million), they have made me realize simple things like "although I am not a stud or billionaire, I a not the complete opposite either, and that although I may not think I am good/worthy of anything, I actually am not trash like I think/thought i was - because they chat about experiences/people on the site and I see what people are like etc". So in a fantastic way, it's made me just be much happier with myself. I honestly used to be one of those guys that thought "oh no, all women want this this and this (big dick, muscles rich etc) from a guy"... but guess what... you don't. What!! Who knew!! haha

Bet yeah, something as "minor" as that for me, it's not exactly life changing in a huge way, but it has helped me appreciate/understand and accept myself a lot more and be happier.

What's some good things you have learned about yourself through either being a model or being a member and chatting with models?

The money is definitely a positive.

I support my family thats pretty damn positive.

Money and supporting my family is also hyge. Although I'm a long way away from totally 100% supporting us it's a start.

Camming gets me out of my own head... it also allows me to explore in a safe way all of my sexual power and it's helping improve my marriage... except when my husband and I fight about when it's time to "work"

Reactions: NotYou
Freedom.
I recently had a health issue that caused me to wake up with a migraine 6 out of 7 days a week for over a month. Because of this job I was really able to manage the extent to which it impacted my life/finances. I was able to back off of my responsibilities, relax, do what I could to control the pain and only log on when I felt I could handle it. I never had to stress about work, potentially losing my job, dealing with bosses, etc. I knew that as soon as I felt better I would need to push harder to regain my hours and placement, but the stress of that is nothing compared to what it would have been with a "normal" 9-5.

The flexible schedule and not having to commute anywhere for work are the best thing ever.

Obviously the money has had a huge impact on my/our life, it has given us the freedom not to worry if my washing machine breaks down. As I have the savings for it.
BUT the biggest positive for me has been learning to say no to people who are rude or demanding. I am happier now in this job than in any other job that I have ever done. I make my own hours so I have know if I don’t work I don’t get paid. I love what I do and it impacts my personal life in a positive way - so much so that people have commented on it lol.

I now know what music women listen to all over the world (primarily in Colombia though). Where else could I hear Greek rap music?

I've met some amazing women from many different countries, some I have become offsite friends with. The fact they share their lives and want to be part of mine (without money) is amazing

I've seen and been part of things that I just couldn't explain to my friends, I've had a hugely accomplished classical pianist play for me, on the piano, then play for me in another way. I've had teenage twins, I've edged a girl to 6 orgasms in two intense hours on skype leaving her shaking and unable to stop giggling, I've had innocent girls open to me and do amazing things that I don't think they thought could happen. I've been forced out of my comfort zone (in a good way) by older girls demanding a cam on while we skype. I've been thoroughly entertained and made to laugh by some wonderful performers.

I know something of how it feels to have a mental health problem in a country like Moldova or to try to make a career in Romania or support a child in Colombia - to say nothing of understanding more about local politics and customs.

It's taught me to appreciate different body shapes and be less blinkered.

Most importantly it has helped me understand and articulate my needs in a healthy way.

Thank you ladies

Sometimes I get so happy just thinking to myself how free I feel being my own boss, making my own schedule, setting my own boundaries, and doing something I genuinely enjoy. I have the occasional bad day, but overall, the positive vibes don't stop flowing. ^.^

Ironically, seeing so many women naked and sexual has taught me to objectify women less, not more. I am no longer motivated just by sexual attraction to a person. If I cannot have ordinary conversations and get to know a real person, I lose interest. I think these sites have taught me that sexuality is just normal and okay.

In terms of sexual exploration, I like that these sites let people sample different flavors of sexuality in a way that is safe and sane for everyone. I can stay relationship-oriented yet still share with a significant other around any themes that interest either of us.

I sometimes get carried away and forget there's human beings behind the nicknames. You don't think you have an impact on their lives, but you do. At the end of the day, you provide your viewers with that nice little escapist bubble that helps them destress, and that's amazing.

I read an interview with an ex-psychotherapist camgirl somewhere, in which she says that she feels like she's helping people a lot more through camming than she ever did with therapy, which is crazy.

Since becoming a cam girl...

1) I’m more assertive - I’ve had to say no to many requests and it grew my assertive nature.
2) I have a somewhat anonymous place where I can just let it all hang loose and be my real self. Where else can you talk about your pussy as well as your tough day and your hopes and dreams? Definitely not on Facebook.
3) when people in my in-person life find out about what I do, I get to practice not giving a fuck about what other people think :)
4) other cam girls are amazing!
5) the more I’m my true self on cam, the more I meet members I actually like and connect with, rather than just serving anyone who likes me. I surround myself with good vibes and thus enjoy my time on cam immensely.
6) I can work anywhere in the world.

Learning how to understand you are being manipulated and deciding when you enjoy the game and when you do not.

Being able to kick/ban trolls/jerks/anyone making me uncomfortable is helping me realise I don't have to be polite to people who are shitty. It's something I've always struggled with and only really noticed when I pretended to be a friends boyfriend to tell some guy to fuck off. Having a space where it is 100% okay and encouraged to not politely tolerate shitty behavior is really empowering. Definitely a good life skill.

I've met some people I would say are nice, and generally good. Not just models. But, also a few members as well. To me, cam sites aren't just about sex or getting off. I have had some decent conversations with models and others in their rooms, so a bit of commonality.

Treat others with respect, and most will do likewise in return.

So far, camming has given me the ability to focus on myself for the first time. I quit my full-time job because I was in a really dark place mentally, my relationship had just ended and I had to move out of our apartment. I feel happier because it's about me. If I'm not in the right state of mind, there's no pressure for me to work. If I'm tired because my insomnia has thrown a tantrum, I can sleep all god damn day and not feel worthless. Plus, for the first time I feel really desirable and SEXY. My confidence is building, I'm learning a bunch of things about myself sexually and overall my abilities as a performer/entertainer type, and I'm building some amazing friendships I didn't expect. While this started out as me trying to work from home, it's already become a huge blessing to me even though I've only been at it for 2 months and I still have a long way to go.
:h:

I've had some really hot shows with a few amazing girls, but even if the shows themselves are fun at the time, they don't have any lasting "positive" impact... The biggest positives for me are the online friendships with cam girls - it's the human connection (both during the chats and outside of them) that is the most rewarding.

Reactions: MollyMidnight
Being a member for me brett has been a gift as many girls will sometimes come to me for advice as it doesn't mean that I will say the right thing but they appreciate what I can tell them which can be important as I have this thing that cam girls deserve better than what they get sometimes as they sometimes come out of broken homes or even worse. I myself am still learning at almost 51 years old as life has dealt me a difficult hand but I know that I can become better because of it sooner than later

Reactions: NotYou
For me, camming is a nice release from the everyday and one of the rare places that I feel I can be my "true" self. It's my secret, like being in my own personal bubble where I can have total control over who comes in, how close they get, and what I will and won't share. It's liberating to be in such a place where I can reply with 100% honesty to a question, without feeling like I have to put on an act. On the other hand, some days I decide I will play at acting - to indulge myself or a fan - and everything I say will be untrue or a fantasy. It's nice to have that flexibility.

I also feel like camming allows me to be who I am sexually without any shame. It's helped me come to terms with the fact that I'm attracted to women, men and trans folk. So perhaps being naked makes me more likely to reveal what I have on the inside, too.

I've had conversations with some great people and laughed with them. Some of them tell me that I make them laugh, too, which is always nice to hear. A lot of my fans appreciate that I actually talk to them (apparently there are a lot of models out there who just don't talk or type). I appreciate anyone who watches me, and even more so if they feel like they want to reward me in some way for making them happy, even if it's for a short time.

In short, it's helped me understand who I am more.

PS: I also love tipz

Reactions: MollyMidnight
Status
Not open for further replies.