AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where to Find CB App Programmers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Where is the best place to go to find programmers who still actively work on customizing Apps and Bots for CB? A lot of the more popular Apps appear to have authors who have moved on and no longer support their original work.

Reactions: gddp
Where is the best place to go to find programmers who still actively work on customizing Apps and Bots for CB? A lot of the more popular Apps appear to have authors who have moved on and no longer support their original work.

For some, I have seen they leave email for contact/questions. Maybe try there as a start, Even if they have moved on, if it's for a fee, they are most likely willing to do it for you.

For some, I have seen they leave email for contact/questions. Maybe try there as a start, Even if they have moved on, if it's for a fee, they are most likely willing to do it for you.

You would think they would leave an e-mail address behind, but most do not. And they put up Twitter accounts that block all direct messages unless they also follow you. They do not respond to the questions that are asked in the Bot Q&A discussion area either.

So really my question is where can I find some programmers who currently work in this area and have enough common sense to have contact information that works. I think I could learn the basics of Javascript in less than a week and do the bot modifications myself, but I would really rather not spend my week doing that.

Last edited:
A related question on custom bots: my understanding is that many of these are programmed with a backdoor that allows the author to enter a model's room and enter bot commands. I have heard that they can even exploit this API to read private messages of the model, which to me sounds crazy. What possible reason would CB have to expose such an API to random strangers who write code? That is a hacker's dream. Can someone explain what API they are using to do this and how is it that this API allows for such intrusive behavior?

I think you answered your own question.

I don't understand your point. If the programmer had no common sense to leave a forwarding e-mail to handle follow up requests, then clearly I cannot contact him. If the programmer had the common sense to leave forwarding information, but I do not know which bot/programmer that is, then clearly I still cannot contact him.

I found a programmer.

Honestly I don't think there that much money in script making. There isn't much demand. Anything you write is public, can be copied, and quickly iterated on.
Sure you can try to obfuscate your code, but that's not real protection.

You could try leaving a comment on the script page itself.

From what I've seen, CB seems to be responsive against Script Abuse.If your worried about script abuse, don't use any script that has been obfuscated. You can do a quick glance through the code.

Honestly I don't think there that much money in script making. There isn't much demand. Anything you write is public, can be copied, and quickly iterated on.
Sure you can try to obfuscate your code, but that's not real protection.

Agreed on all points. This is not a market in any worthwhile sense.

From what I've seen, CB seems to be responsive against Script Abuse.If your worried about script abuse, don't use any script that has been obfuscated. You can do a quick glance through the code.

Can you recommend a tool to unobfuscate the code?

Can you explain in even rough terms what the API they are using to spy on models would be, and what possible reason would CB have to give such an intrusive API to anyone writing a public script? What's the use case where looking at someone else's PMs is part of writing a useful Bot or App?

If a model thinks some one is/was abusing a script, they should stop using it. Report it, Let CB sort it out, That's much less time consuming for everyone. Giving as much detail to CB as what they think might be happening.

For CB it may be as simple as looking at their logs.

If a model thinks some one is/was abusing a script, they should stop using it. Report it, Let CB sort it out, That's much less time consuming for everyone. Giving as much detail to CB as what they think might be happening.

For CB it may be as simple as looking at their logs.

First off, how is the model going to know that someone is looking at her private messages?

Second, if I am paying someone to write a custom bot for a model, I don't in any way want to have things happen to that model and let her be responsible for reporting it. I am the one who got her into that situation, and I am the one she is going to blame. So I need to know a) how to look at the obfuscated code and b) what to look for as evidence that a back door is in place. I would rather stop the crime before there is a crime.

How to search for malicious or suspicious coding? e few tips
- open the source code in any WYSIWYG editor.... (notepad++, dreamweaver, textwrangler.... so on) search for pieces with some resemblance to email addresses, domains, url anything that might look suspicious.
In some cases pieces of code might use base64 encryption or other types of encryption, you can spot those much faster with minimal skills.
My suggestion is to focus more on this list :
username, password, login, http, https, base64 ... and you might find other stuff.
Some of the above can be used as dependencies, context code is actually using them in a legit way, but you'll need to be 100% sure its safe.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
if your paying for someone to write code, they should be giving you none obfuscated code. Make sure the contract states they wave all rites to the code. And you retain all rites to the code.

Sometimes this is not an option. You can find old code on CB that no one supports that is obfuscated.

Sometimes you find a programmer who only delivers obfuscated code because he tries to sell his Bot commercially. Waleed recommended a Bot programmer in this thread who does custom Bots with code "in the clear" but has his own semi-commercial offering that he only delivers tied to a specific model's room, and in an obfuscated form. I'm sure he is very honest, but as a good practice I want to be able to see the code and verify the limits of what the code can do.

I don't think my request to want my own bag of tricks to read through code is unreasonable or should be controversial, particularly when CB is apparently supplying super APIs that can spy on people.

Post what you're wanting and/or what bot you wished could be modified, to enable it to do whatever it is you're after. I can take a look when bored...

I can't/won't promise anything as to do so would imply being paid for it - and frankly, I doubt people could afford the rates <_<

Post what you're wanting and/or what bot you wished could be modified, to enable it to do whatever it is you're after. I can take a look when bored...

I can't/won't promise anything as to do so would imply being paid for it - and frankly, I doubt people could afford the rates <_<

I found a bot programmer, but another issue I have.

Can you think of a straightforward way for me to playback the lines of text in a file - one line at a time - in a chat room?

The most obvious application for this would be writing out the lyrics of a song. You would want to have a shortcut that could be used to quickly play back a single line. There would be a different shortcut to advance the pointer to the start of the next text line. Then you would click the shortcut to play the line etc. That gives you the flexibility to then advance through several lines that are not played back, and then resume the playback wherever you like.

I suspect this could be done with many off the shelf macro software packages, and all it would require would be some front-end scripting. The UI showing the playback line by line might be difficult - or not - depending on the package selected. It would probably require that the tool be written as a Chrome Extension if you wanted to closely integrate with the website, but I am not sure about that.

I understand the advice against putting song lyrics into a busy public room. Just to quiet that objection let's imagine I am in a private with a model and I want to give her some part of the lyrics during a private chat.

Hi,
Nobody payme for my apps and bots. Camgasm (chaturbate's sister) paid me 200tk to move some of my apps to the web.
I ofuscate my codes because everybody copy-paste and delete or omit my nick (or the original authors) in the credits.

Javascript deofuscators:

Hexadecimal decoder:
http://ddecode.com/hexdecoder/

Chaturbate apps are safe. They run in a sandbox inside the chat. Some security problems with the app's names and the XSS filter was solved. Only 2 or 3 apps and bots can comunicated out of the chat in experimental ways and is explained in the description page. For example: Save'N'Restore Tip Goal by rubzombie.

You can see more than 700 apps thats try avoid the XXS filter. Nobody is going to erase them but they are not dangerous.

Private messages can not be read but the "whispers" of some bots (like ultrabot) can be read in real time if you change the code for that. We are many who monitor the codes and when an application does something strange we communicate in the comments of the application.

The real danger can be the extensions for OBS and navigator. Lovense had an unsafe extensions for example.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JoeSpod and Smores
Status
Not open for further replies.