AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Nike's Kaepernick Support

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have quite a few signals; external analysts have concluded that there has been a 31% increase in sales online, shares went up, Nike got a few hundred thousand dollars worth of PR for 'free'. So, mission accomplished.

Investors don't care about a week in sales. What they care about if this will affect Nike's 8 year contract with the NFL they only renewed in Mar as well as other large franchise contracts. Foot locker sales are not going to cover a 1.1billion contract lose if that happens. Taking actions that put your contracts at risk solely to be 'woke' will concern any investor.

The point that Poison_Ivy21 made is related to the NFL contract with players: it has a few clauses about acceptable behaviour outside the field (it boils down to "dont risk our reputation with your actions or you will be disciplined"), however it is applied in a very interesting fashion: historically, players who got positive results in drug tests for pot got worse punishments than players who were charged (and, in some cases, convicted) for domestic violence, dog fighting, etc.

And yes, the legal system should do a better job of dealing with those situations, but we all know how well that works.

This. When the NFL merely slapped the hands of players who were involved in domestic abuse issues, I was severely disgusted with it. When a player more or less gets away with beating his SO, and Michael Vick gets multiple years for dog fighting rings, something's wrong.*

*This is just a comparison of mistreatment, not saying one is worth more/less than the other.

Reactions: weirdbr
Investors don't care about a week in sales. What they care about if this will affect Nike's 8 year contract with the NFL they only renewed in Mar as well as other large franchise contracts. Foot locker sales are not going to cover a 1.1billion contract lose if that happens. Taking actions that put your contracts at risk solely to be 'woke' will concern any investor.

Let's see - 1.1 billion over 8 years is ~137 million per year, which is not that much of a loss which couldn't be covered by increase in sales elsewhere. Plus, if the NFL wants to break that contract, they will surely have a hefty penalty to pay for that... So no, I dont expect the NFL to break this contract and by the time it comes up for renewal, odds are they will just renew it if no competitor comes up with a better deal.

I doubt very much that Nike's contract with the NFL is in any sort of jeopardy. Has the NFL even commented?

This is a freshly inked contract so I also doubt they would cancel it over this however I'm pretty sure some executive probably got a 'thin ice' warning over this. As well as the marketing group that created this has already been fired.

This is a freshly inked contract so I also doubt they would cancel it over this however I'm pretty sure some executive probably got a 'thin ice' warning over this. As well as the marketing group that created this has already been fired.

Most likley. It used to be Rebook prior to Nike if I'm not mistaken. Marketing groups are easy to fire. Of course, sometimes big things like this they can draw even more money down the line...

When the NFL merely slapped the hands of players who were involved in domestic abuse issues, I was severely disgusted with it. When a player more or less gets away with beating his SO, and Michael Vick gets multiple years for dog fighting rings, something's wrong.

It's all about the money...

Dogs can't testify in court or settle for millions.

I saw someone on Twitter who cut the tops off of his socks to remove the logo. I'm sure he's really going to enjoy those socks now that they'll buy bunched up under his feet and failing to protect the backs of his feet from his shoes.

I saw another who burned his shoes. While wearing them. Dude why.

Oh yeah, you know you're truly sticking it ot the man when you're cutting up your socks and still paying 18 dollars for a pair. You go dude.

Think I first heard about that happening sometime in the 90s. Unrelated, but was probably about the last time I bought a pair of Nikes.

I vaguely remember Starter jackets and those hilarious Reebok Pumps supposedly being dangerous to wear. Same with anything Jordan or Jumpman related. Not sure how accurate the hysteria really was.

Status
Not open for further replies.