1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Nike's Kaepernick Support

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Bocefish, Sep 5, 2018.

1. SMuser69

Investors don't care about a week in sales. What they care about if this will affect Nike's 8 year contract with the NFL they only renewed in Mar as well as other large franchise contracts. Foot locker sales are not going to cover a 1.1billion contract lose if that happens. Taking actions that put your contracts at risk solely to be 'woke' will concern any investor.

2. ForceTen

This. When the NFL merely slapped the hands of players who were involved in domestic abuse issues, I was severely disgusted with it. When a player more or less gets away with beating his SO, and Michael Vick gets multiple years for dog fighting rings, something's wrong.*

*This is just a comparison of mistreatment, not saying one is worth more/less than the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. weirdbr

V.I.P. AmberLander

Let's see - 1.1 billion over 8 years is ~137 million per year, which is not that much of a loss which couldn't be covered by increase in sales elsewhere. Plus, if the NFL wants to break that contract, they will surely have a hefty penalty to pay for that... So no, I dont expect the NFL to break this contract and by the time it comes up for renewal, odds are they will just renew it if no competitor comes up with a better deal.

4. zippypinhead

I doubt very much that Nike's contract with the NFL is in any sort of jeopardy. Has the NFL even commented?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SMuser69

This is a freshly inked contract so I also doubt they would cancel it over this however I'm pretty sure some executive probably got a 'thin ice' warning over this. As well as the marketing group that created this has already been fired.

6. ForceTen

Most likley. It used to be Rebook prior to Nike if I'm not mistaken. Marketing groups are easy to fire. Of course, sometimes big things like this they can draw even more money down the line...

7. Bocefish

It's all about the money...

Dogs can't testify in court or settle for millions.

8. whiskeybaby17

Oh yeah, you know you're truly sticking it ot the man when you're cutting up your socks and still paying 18 dollars for a pair. You go dude.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Bocefish