AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can I get some model opinions on this please?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Armchair quarterbacking here. But, here's my take on it:

First and foremost, I don't do Skypes with models. I only do TruePrivates on MFC with very select models. I don't do Skypes for the very reason you're running into. Pvts on MFC are pay as you go.

Second, I'm not extremely selective on who I do TruePrivates with. I now only do them with models I have had a long history of interaction with. I've been burned four times now on TPvts where the model broadcasts to another site. I don't put up with that shit and I'm not going to risk being scammed by a model.

Now, as to trying to get the Skype, no way in hell would I have tipped if I wasn't able to do it right away. Especially if I'm on working hours, or dealing with a support call because those things can drag on for fucking ever! Non-working hours only.

As to the model, I don't think she really had any intention of following through with it once you didn't commit right away. She was in the wrong for saying she'd do it right away by logging off, then asking you to help her clear her goal so she can go do it. She did mention she was feelin stressed due to working longer and trying to hit goals. But, no mention of period, or being ill. Then to drag it on, asking for more tips, etc. truly scam at that point.

I would have given her another chance to try and schedule it. But, would not have gone outside of MFC to contact her. Asking for trouble doing that. As others mentioned, go to MFC if you can't immediately work out a problem with a model. They are the interface, they are the ones that administer the token interactions. Purchase/tip/payout. Threaten them with GDPR, not the model. Going after the model with threats such as that is BS. It puts added pressure/fear on them, when it should be directed at MFC. If her infractions are bad enough, they will ban her.
This.
Yeah, I feel a little swindled by that glaring omission. You knew you were an asshole enough to hide that behaviour from us. I think guys who use doxxing as their ace-up-the-sleeve trump card are such trash. Trying to leverage any bit of power, not to get the refund but to intimidate her into doing what you want. Gross gross gross.

And, I’m embarrassed at myself for taking this at face value and trusting that you’d post a relatively non-biased account of the facts. You’d think after so many years on the Internet, I’d be wiser ... but alas. I still think she’s a scammer but I retract my wish that you get refunded, lol.
and this.

Misono had the right of way until he took to Twitter DMs with the overly threatening text.

incase anyone is curious and to be fair: here is the model's side.

lol at that member complaint twitter. "it's the popular opinion of ACF..." I wasn't aware that under 20 people with an opinion makes it a popular one and the right one? o_O

[
Yeah, I feel a little swindled by that glaring omission. You knew you were an asshole enough to hide that behaviour from us. I think guys who use doxxing as their ace-up-the-sleeve trump card are such trash. Trying to leverage any bit of power, not to get the refund but to intimidate her into doing what you want. Gross gross gross.

And, I’m embarrassed at myself for taking this at face value and trusting that you’d post a relatively non-biased account of the facts. You’d think after so many years on the Internet, I’d be wiser ... but alas. I still think she’s a scammer but I retract my wish that you get refunded, lol.

Let's not overreact to what Misino characterized as "Appreciate the comments there, and believe me I'd rather not go down that route at all. A tweet sent in frustration really."

I've been there and thought that, I went to point of PM another member about trying to sue the model. He talked me down and I obviously never did it.

While I appreciate there is lot members don' t understand about the crap models put with. The sense of powerless and frustration members feel when they've been scammed by models. It is the most frustrating experience, I've had as a consumer and I doubt models fully appreciate it. So I totally get why Misino had thoughts of doing this.

We live in a society where the customer is always right. Amazon forgot to put a consumable in a shipment last week, there was a no drop down for didn't ship item, so had to call them up. But the whole process was painless, never was there a question if I was lying to trying to scam them. Same thing about returning something to Costco no question ask. Before you say, those billion dollars companies. I get a basically the same treatment from Etsy or ebay seller, many who make a lot less than top camgirls, or my local mom and pop store. Although, they will sometimes push for store credit.

Even companies that are notorious for bad customer service, your ISP, airlines, banks, and property managers have a process for disputing things. Yes, you'll often be on hold, and get frustrated by taking to folks with poor English skills and no power. But it is rare that if I'm persistent I don't get some partial resolution.

In contrast, when dealing with camgirls and often much of the adult entertainment world, the customer is never right. It is pretty common for a camgirl to pretty quickly ban and ignore somebody, and sometimes they even trash the member on twitter. The member then is powerless. Certainly contacting customer support is the obvious thing to do, but MFC support will never be mistaken for Costco's support, and Members often have a weird sense of loyalty and don't want to get models in trouble.

Sure it is easy to say, hey it is a only couple hundred buck, but they may be a significant sum for the member. Finally, how many of you would spend $200 for something not get it and then walk away after a phone call or two?

Now I'm not saying you should Dox a model over a dispute, just lets not crucified the guy for being frustrated and fantasizing about getting justice.

Reactions: briandf255 and JyJy
Seems like the model pulled a shit move for sure.

Misono could have responded 2 ways... the decent route (publicly airing his grievance on forums), and the respond-in-kind shit move (trying to lean on her on twitter)... at least that's the way I would have looked at it. Pick one, and invest your efforts in that 100%.

From the peanut gallery, choosing to do both just looks like a mess.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Now I'm not saying you should Dox a model over a dispute, just lets not crucified the guy for being frustrated and fantasizing about getting justice.
Me calling him a douchebag isn’t crucifying, lol. I think he’s an asshole trying to pull a power play (“I’m a lawyer! They’ll give me your real name!”) and that is not just a fantasy at that point.

I don’t disagree with your post as a whole but I also am not a compassionate enough person to care about him and his consumer rights in this scenario, where he is intentionally using his power to intimidate her.

This whole thread is kind of funny now though, that he wanted models to empathize and tell him he’s right but ended up getting dragged for being a fuckhead.
5DFB98B3-5C9E-48E8-838D-D61A9FCF3E3A.gif

Me calling him a douchebag isn’t crucifying, lol. I think he’s an asshole trying to pull a power play (“I’m a lawyer! They’ll give me your real name!”) and that is not just a fantasy at that point.

I don’t disagree with your post as a whole but I also am not a compassionate enough person to care about him and his consumer rights in this scenario, where he is intentionally using his power to intimidate her.

Fair enough douchebag isn't out of bounds. But he doesn't really have any power, it is not like MFC is going to give them him her name. Plus hell threatening to sue, it is sort of the last desperation move that most people resort to when they are out of options. I think about every few years and actually, threaten to do it once a decade or so.

[

nope. it's shitty behavior. which can possibly lead someone into getting physically harmed or financially ruined. i don't play light to that and other people won't either. i've seen member doxx models from being butthurt to being ripped off. i don't think you understand the severity of doxxing. and anyone who tries to use it as a tool as leverage is crap. i don't care if you are an activist, a cunt a good samaritan, lottery winner, or a nazi. you don't try to collect doxx.

just a little bit of reads: https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/what-is-doxxing-how-to-avoid/

--
OP and to any other member: if you feel like the model scammed you, send every screenshot you have to support, undoctored. no crop, edits, w/e. provide enough evidence to support your case. there are sites that screeen cap every public camstream, you can get her side of the conversation there if she was verbal. if the site you visit doesn't respond well to these responses, get your lawyers involved. contact your bank/cc and request your money to be returned for making false claims and services not rendered. models cannot perform refunds. can they message the site and request a refund be applied to your account,? yes.

if you are continually getting ripped off and the site doesn't do anything about it, leave. go spend your money elsewhere. you are just as responsible how and where you spend your money as the business is to render services when paid to do so.

Fair enough douchebag isn't out of bounds. But he doesn't really have any power, it is not like MFC is going to give them him her name. Plus hell threatening to sue, it is sort of the last desperation move that most people resort to when they are out of options. I think about every few years and actually, threaten to do it once a decade or so.
But it’s the illusion of power - he’s hoping to intimidate her into doing what he wants. Whether he can or can’t do it is irrelevant, imo.

But it’s the illusion of power - he’s hoping to intimidate her into doing what he wants. Whether he can or can’t do it is irrelevant, imo.

Well you may be too a nice a person, but most of the rest of have said, "well I'm going to talk your manager , write to the CEO, post negative reviews on Yelp, never set foot in this place again, contact my credit card company, or I'm going to take you to court.", at various times when we felt ripped off. She's stolen 2,000 tokens, He started off nice and has gotten no where. She's threaten to ban and ignore and get his IP blocked on MFC. Is really suppose to nice at this point?

Well you may be too a nice a person, but most of the rest of have said, "well I'm going to talk your manager , write to the CEO, post negative reviews on Yelp, never set foot in this place again, contact my credit card company, or I'm going to take you to court.", at various times when we felt ripped off. She's stolen 2,000 tokens, He started off nice and has gotten no where. She's threaten to ban and ignore and get his IP blocked on MFC. Is really suppose to nice at this point?

people threaten to get people ip banned from everything on the internet. it's mostly an empty threat unless op has done anything that would warrant him an ip ban. ip bans can be easily dodged with a simple vpn and using a loadable visa gift card.

but what's stopping you from making a site that does give you that option? there are already sites like mycamgirl.net. or maybe create a forum centered around camsite members. regardless of her behavior, it doesn't EXCUSE his behavior threatening to get her doxx as a scare tactic to get what he wants.

people threaten to get people ip banned from everything on the internet. it's mostly an empty threat unless op has done anything that would warrant him an ip ban. ip bans can be easily dodged with a simple vpn and using a loadable visa gift card.

but what's stopping you from making a site that does give you that option? there are already sites like mycamgirl.net. or maybe create a forum centered around camsite members. regardless of her behavior, it doesn't EXCUSE his behavior threatening to get her doxx as a scare tactic to get what he wants.

Agreed. Not many sites will do IP bans anymore, as it's a useless tool now. In old days, yep. It was a last resort when I used to be a mod on different sites because it could impact more than just one person and VPN's weren't as common as they are now.

I do understand @HiGirlsRHot 's comments in that members are typically left hung out to dry in some cases. But, by the same token (no pun intended), when you have members screwing models over for skypes, goods, etc. with fake gift cards, chargebacks on cards, paypal disputes, etc., it goes both ways.

Key is to be wary of who you do business with. Models and members alike.

But, by the same token (no pun intended), when you have members screwing models over for skypes, goods, etc. with fake gift cards, chargebacks on cards, paypal disputes, etc., it goes both ways.

strange, it's like anyone is capable of assholism. who'd knew?

Not even remotely the same as doxxing. Absolute worst case of speaking to the manager is someone gets fired. Which sucks, don't get me wrong. But doxxing literally puts lives at risk in so many ways.

strange, it's like anyone is capable of assholism. who'd knew?

It's clear neither party here is virtuous in their actions. It's not a case of who's MORE wrong, neither of them are RIGHT. We're seeing the escalations of TWO shitty people done publicly. This situation probably wouldn't even gotten close to this point if both sides weren't being assholes and wanting to make it a public show.

I'm pretty sure refunds are a daily thing on sites. I just got a refund less than a week ago on SM and to my surprise the model was suspended for it (tried to play a video for an exclusive). There was no need to make a floor show from it.

Both are wrong, both keep making wrong moves over and over. It's been 3 days and I'm sure NEITHER of them have contacted MFC support to clear this up. They're both more interested in making a show out of it at the same time just rallying all the members and models that look at each other with disdain into a frenzy (the twitter effect).

It's clear neither party here is virtuous in their actions. It's not a case of who's MORE wrong, neither of them are RIGHT. We're seeing the escalations of TWO shitty people done publicly. This situation probably wouldn't even gotten close to this point if both sides weren't being assholes and wanting to make it a public show.

I'm pretty sure refunds are a daily thing on sites. I just got a refund less than a week ago on SM and to my surprise the model was suspended for it (tried to play a video for an exclusive). There was no need to make a floor show from it.

Both are wrong, both keep making wrong moves over and over. It's been 3 days and I'm sure NEITHER of them have contacted MFC support to clear this up. They're both more interested in making a show out of it at the same time just rallying all the members and models that look at each other with disdain into a frenzy (the twitter effect).

Sadly, this is all to common now days. People would rather make things a public spectacle instead of actually resolving issues quietly. Then again, far too many seem to enjoy knowing the "dirty little secrets" of others instead of minding their own damn business.

EDIT to add this: https://www.elitedaily.com/life/why-you-need-to-mind-your-own-business

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, this is all to common now days. People would rather make things a public spectacle instead of actually resolving issues quietly. Then again, far too many seem to enjoy knowing the "dirty little secrets" of others instead of minding their own damn business.

Considering the second page of this thread has all been about twitter gossip I can't say it isn't easy to get sucked in.

Considering the second page of this thread has all been about twitter gossip I can't say it isn't easy to get sucked in.

I only read it because it was linked. More times than not, I couldn't care less about disputes people have because in nearly all cases it doesn't concern me directly. Even if it's between friends, I'll try and stay out of it unless I'm directly asked something.

incase anyone is curious and to be fair: here is the model's side.

lol at that member complaint twitter. "it's the popular opinion of ACF..." I wasn't aware that under 20 people with an opinion makes it a popular one and the right one? o_O
Wow. Feels like the Jaws climax. You think the shark is dead and then BAM! Quint is dead, 180 degrees reversal motherfucker. I won’t trust my judgement again

What a stupid and unnecessary situation those two put themselves in, both are in the wrong so there is no need to take sides here. Also someone threatening to use the GDPR to get information on someone else is laughable, that is not even close to how GDPR works. If MFC were to hand out information like that they might actually be in breach of the GDPR. I guess the lesson we can take away from all this is be honest, treat each other fairly and you won't end up with tarnished reputations.

The way she talks to you is selfish and makes me think that the "period" thing it's not true... Too sketchy. Sounds to me like a scam.

I am shocked that there are still people out there who think they have any reason to be shocked by what any entrepreneur charges for their business services.

Well of course. Perfectly reasonable to pay $14.4 per minute. That's why at my income level, I look for less established models. You girls on ACF are pros.

• Funny!
Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
MFC Support came back, and the tokens have been deducted from her account and returned to mine, as they reviewed the chatlogs. Not sure of any other actions.

It is correct though, although probably only applicable in the UK, that MFC would've had an obligation to disclose under the UK version of GDPR, but also something known as a Norwich Pharmacal Order, which is basically a court order requiring an innocent 3rd party to disclose information. Despite the criticisms here, I would've gone through with this.

Interestingly, I only picked up on the response from support after I got another angry DM from her on Twitter tonight.

MFC Support came back, and the tokens have been deducted from her account and returned to mine, as they reviewed the chatlogs. Not sure of any other actions.

It is correct though, although probably only applicable in the UK, that MFC would've had an obligation to disclose under the UK version of GDPR, but also something known as a Norwich Pharmacal Order, which is basically a court order requiring an innocent 3rd party to disclose information. Despite the criticisms here, I would've gone through with this.

Interestingly, I only picked up on the response from support after I got another angry DM from her on Twitter tonight.
I’m glad you got your tokens back. Because I do feel you were cheated out of what you asked for.

However

Your threats about asking/threatening mfc for her legal info and your insistence that they owed it to you by law are severely off putting. You’re no longer welcome here at ACF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.