AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Obs as alternative on chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a side effect, the usual capture sites dont seem to pick up these streams yet.

As a viewer, I highly recommend obs in combination with cb

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
OBS is great to use on CB! I wish more sites would allow an external streaming software like OBS as an alternative. You can do everything from fancy watermark (logo image) your cam to having it show whatever music you're playing (in case people are curious) on your stream. It fuckin' rocks.

Reactions: Dan N
You can use the "virtual camera" in broadcasting software like XSplit Broadcaster, together with the flash version of CB and that works fine. So it is not really a requirement to use the new OBS streaming interface on CB in order to get the benefits of broadcasting software.

Maybe one of the reasons for streaming is to give better copyright protections, but only if the playback is using media players that support streams?

Personally, I wish all playback would switch to HTML5 and stop using Flash at all. HTML5 is far better performance with far less impact on the client's CPU.

I've seen some girls use obs now on chaturbate. All I can say is "want". Never thought I'd see such video quality on a camsite.

Real broadcasting software!

Sense they're using H.264, I wounder if that means you can now use all in one streaming cameras. The kind that do not require a laptop.

I would like to know,how can i stream with obs on CB and with manycam on MFC - with one web camera.I read something,but i didn't understand how exactly do that.Please help :sweating:

I would like to know,how can i stream with obs on CB and with manycam on MFC - with one web camera.I read something,but i didn't understand how exactly do that.Please help :sweating:

It is referred to as split camming. Here are a few posts on this website about it. I am interested too but feel i need to upgrade my internet services before attempting it. And maybe getting the hang of each site individually first.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/split-camming.30252/

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/multiple-broadcast-on-cb-and-mfc.24819/

I will definitely be trying this out. Manycam is ok but I believe it's only the paid version that allows you to overlay text. I am excited to see how this improves vid quaity

It will be interesting to see how creative people get with OBS, multi camera, overlays, extra.

There are also cameras that have rtmp h.264 streaming built-in. So if you wanted, you could stream without even using a computer.

this might be a bit winded but maybe it will help others that want to try OBS,

Finally got the chance to try OBS and so far I think it is a huge improvement. No matter how I configured manycam I could never use the full potential of my cameras resolution and maintain high performance streaming. OBS and all the tutorials for it made it easy to fine tune for an HD stream. Mind you this also has to do with your own equipment (camera quality, internet speed, computer power) so not everyone will have the same experience.

Unless I'm doing something wrong (which is quite possible :confused: ) it took some time to get used to fact that the window on my chaturbate screen where I normally see my cam feed now displays live performance stats and alerts you if you need to adjust anything. The audience still sees you just as they would before but you do not.This means if not seeing what you look like freaks you out, and um yeah it does, you need to keep both the CB window and the OBS window in view. If your battle station consists of two monitors you are golden. Again, I may be having a blonde moment here and maybe there is a way to toggle the stats and the camera view but I have not found it yet. Additionally when I followed the set up tutorial it makes no mention of this but instead it says that the stats will be displayed on a tool bar below your camera view window. That's not what I'm getting but everything seems to work just fine.

The other nice advantage is it will save all of your settings and scenes and you do not need to set that up every time. When I had manycam I needed to manually put my text/water mark on at the start of every show, select my resolution, set up a picture in picture etc. ... even though I paid for the ability to overlay text and have multiple cams in the first place. was not too pleased with that.

Overall I am happy and hope things continue to run smoothly. The whole interface kind of feels like Photoshop since you create scenes and each scene treats your equipment and overlays like layers. Soooo yeah I think that's about all I can say so far.

chaturbate+obs
why there is lag?
when guys tip me i receive the tip 3-4 second after
That “lag” existed before using OBS. There is always a delay in live streaming. Even live sports events have a delay. Your chat is even delayed, not just tips. You are probably just noticing it more now because it’s something tippers can “see” when you react or comment on the tip. My members have even told me that I say hello before their connection to my room is even complete, so when I see them appear in my room, I generally wait 2-3 seconds before I say hello now. Otherwise they never even hear me say it.

ive looked into this, i watch obs window and another one with my feed on chaturbate as member, things happen with a delay, but its more about connection. we have to take in count that usually us and members ar at least few hundred of miles away. i even get a delay when i watch myself from same computer.

ok thanks, maybe in this 2 days chaturbate have some problem, i see is very slow ...

I have some models I follow where the lag is as high as 20 to 30 seconds. It's quite frustrating to make a comment and look for a reaction and have to wait so long to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.