AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Flat Earth theory

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mila_

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 3, 2015
5 miles away
onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@mmmilarky_
MFC Username
mila_
Chaturbate Username
mila_
I came across videos of Neil Degrasse Tyson and Obama mocking a group called "flatearthers" so with a bit of curiosity I asked Saint Google what a Flatearther is. Turns out it is people who believe in this day and age that the Earth is flat.

This only sparked my curiosity even more (who could possibly think the Earth is flat and what makes them think this?), so I have been researching it for a couple of weeks now. I have to say that the more I look into it the more doubts I have about our current model. I am wondering if any of you have taken the time to read or watch anything on the topic and what your ideas are.

Greetings Flatearther in the rough. We have a forum, and we even pay for using Canva Studio, because we find their designs to be flat enough and boring:
https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/

The Flat Earth Society is regarded by the flat earthers as controlled opposition as nobody knows who is behind that website, it's the first google result, and the information in it is ludicrous and does a poor job at representing the flat-earther position. I dont consider myself a flat earther in the rough.. just someone curious and with independence of thought.

I’ve never really looked into it but if someone feels like explaining, what’s their reasoning for why we push the spherical earth as fact? Ignorance or an agenda? I’m at work so I will google later but thought I’d ask :p

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I've been told flat earthers dont believe in australia and new zealand. I dont know how true that is.. but someone told me that if you visit australia flat earthers will tell you you were dealing with "paid actors" and were somewhere in texas?? i think??

.... im from nz so.. i find this hilarious

It's pretty easy to prove the earth is flat. Go to a camsite and choose a model from the supposed "Down Under". I just picked one from Australia on MFC.

If the earth was a globe as some people allege, her room should look like this.

MFC_1.jpg

But it doesn't! She's the right way up like all the other models.

I've been told flat earthers dont believe in australia and new zealand. I dont know how true that is.. but someone told me that if you visit australia flat earthers will tell you you were dealing with "paid actors" and were somewhere in texas?? i think??

Lolli = confirmed paid actor

Not true :) I will post about their views later when I have some time. It is for the most part normal people with sound arguments and not the crazy lunatics they are made seem, most of them are also not religious surprisingly

• Wat?!
Reactions: NotToday
I just don't know where the idea came from, especially considering we have evidence to the contrary. Hell, it's not even true that people in the middle ages thought the earth was flat, it was a well-accepted fact even then that it was spherical. Hell, this Greek dude calculated the circumference of the earth almost 200 years BC, and he was fairly close to the number modern scientists have established.

(blah blah Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, it sites sources and you can use them)

Nevermind, it was stupid creating this thread here, I need to go back to the lessons I learned in 2016.
Take me with you.

Nevermind, it was stupid creating this thread here, I need to go back to the lessons I learned in 2016.

You've created a thread about a controversial subject and as far as I can tell haven't really given any insight to your own thoughts except to say "no that's not what it is."

If you want people to take the subject seriously perhaps share the details that made you take the subject seriously yourself.

I don't think you can really say that's not true, or that's not what they believe etc.....becouse they don't all believe the same thing.

I have spoken to and heard countless flat-earthers who will outright tell you that aus and nz are not real places. That is no to say they all believe this, or that even most believe is (I am not privy to the stats on who believes what)....but there are plenty that do, and have no program being vocal about it.

You've created a thread about a controversial subject and as far as I can tell haven't really given any insight to your own thoughts except to say "no that's not what it is."

If you want people to take the subject seriously perhaps share the details that made you take the subject seriously yourself.
I was writing an effortpost about it, a 4,000 word post doesn't get written in 5 minutes and I am a busy person. As of this theory, I don't have personal thoughts about it, just doubts in general, but it bothers me when people misrepresent other people's views and ridicule them. Nobody should be mocked by their beliefs even if you don't agree with them. For this reason I wont be posting about this subject here. I dont want this thread to turn into a source of ridicule for the Flat Earth community and its members, I have nothing but respect for EVERYONE'S beliefs that includes the indigenous peoples of wherever AND the western flat-earthers.

Reactions: dilligaf0
Also, many people believe that chocolate milk comes from brow cows. Should we take them seriously?
I have been hearing that all my life, usually spoken in jest. Derision. Yet I have never met anyone who truly believes that.

I know where chocolate milk comes from.

il_570xN.779420109_d4wj.jpg

I was writing an effortpost about it, a 4,000 word post doesn't get written in 5 minutes and I am a busy person. As of this theory, I don't have personal thoughts about it, just doubts in general, but it bothers me when people misrepresent other people's views and ridicule them. Nobody should be mocked by their beliefs even if you don't agree with them. For this reason I wont be posting about this subject here. I dont want this thread to turn into a source of ridicule for the Flat Earth community and its members, I have nothing but respect for EVERYONE'S beliefs that includes the indigenous peoples of wherever AND the western flat-earthers.
Aw man i was kinda curious. Less so, tbh about how credible flat earth theory is but more so about apparently the infighting between groups. Like apparently these crazy theories about Australia being actors lol... are not what a large group of flat earthers believe im interested to hear ehat they actually do believe.

I'll do my own reading but i do appreciate that this thread popped up.

Reactions: Mila_ and JickyJuly
I've never read anything really about the flat earth stuff. The only people I know talking about it are anti-vaxx, holocaust denial, chemtrail, antisemitism hardcore. I thought it was just one of their buzzword topic things. Was it initially science based theory and hijacked a bit by these people? What about the moon?

I don't think that flat earth believers have been prosecuted, or can be compared to indigenous people's trail of tears like the Cherokee for example. Most of the participants in these societies are well established citizens from all walks of life. No one among them was pushed into a reservation, or a shanty town, a Favela near Sau Paulo, or a Baldio, or been discriminated for speaking Aimara or Guarani.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Mila_
Reactions: Osyrus
Reactions: Dan Epstein
I've never read anything really about the flat earth stuff. The only people I know talking about it are anti-vaxx, holocaust denial, chemtrail, antisemitism hardcore. I thought it was just one of their buzzword topic things. Was it initially science based theory and hijacked a bit by these people? What about the moon?

No, the opposite. It's a prime example of Poe's Law. The history of the movement points back to people using a flat Earth theory as a way to mock science denial. After all, what could be a more protected statement of fact than "the Earth is a sphere"? However, as is the way with the oversaturation of information, and the failure of classification between that and misinformation & disinformation on the internet, no facts are safe from alternates anymore. Thus, flat-Earthers go from an inside joke to an elaborate troll, to a real movement based mostly in paranoia over information control.

As for the moon, that's a hologram.

Status
Not open for further replies.