AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you been banned of a room without a reason? lol

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2017
Guys have you been banned before without a reason? in my experience this sh*t happens a lot even more when it´s a new account, or when the boss or monitor of the studio it´s manipulating the chat, in my opinion it sucks! you can´t interact with the models, and they force you to tip the model or take her pvt without doing anything.. or KABOOM banned!!:mad:

I think the thing here is entitlement.

Members are entitled to click next model. They're entitled to spend their tokens how they like.

Models are entitled to run their room the way they like.

Free chat is not an *entitlement* that members have. It may be allowed in certain rooms. In my room, members can chat for free. I don't mind that, and for my business it works well.

Is it good business strategy not to allow chatters without tips? .... Debatable. It depends on how your room works, what your business model is. Someone exclusively marketing as a Findomme - allowing free chat without tips would be *idiotic*

Someone like me, I tend to get tippers by getting them hooked on my personality and revved up to join in a chatty/social room. So its crucial to my biz strategy to have an active chat room, regardless of tipping.

While you may or may not agree with a models business strategy, when a model bans you 'for no reason' there actually is a reason. It sucks, and you might think its stupid... but its a reason. You can get hung up on that girl, who clearly does not want your business or move on.

I had a really good friend who was a successful cammodel for about 6 years. She's quit now, but she did ban people who lurked and didn't tip and she discouraged chat without tips. It brought her entire mood down and made her *hate* camming (and therefore be a shitty cam model) when people talked to her without tipping. Her strategy helped her keep camming very successfully for years. Her main income was selling videos while she was logged in. It worked for her.

The girls that ignore their room, sit on their phone, ban talkers who dont tip etc... if they're still around then its working for them. Not your cuppa tea..not how you like your camgirls..click next model.

If it's NOT working for them they will either quit or adapt. *shrug*

Upvote 0
I've been banned from two rooms. Once by a mod when I asked for the model to answer my question and not the mod. Once, instaban for using my usual opening line, which is: "Who wants to get hammered drunk and light stuff on fire?"

I'm OK. I got over it, moved on. Do the same.

Upvote 0
I've been banned from two rooms. Once by a mod when I asked for the model to answer my question and not the mod. Once, instaban for using my usual opening line, which is: "Who wants to get hammered drunk and light stuff on fire?"

*adds a get hammered and set stuff on fire tip to her tip menu*

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you lurk in room and want to chat before tipping, to get a feel for the room vibe and model, which is perfectly fine and not an unreasonable thing to do as customer... wouldn't the ban simply be an efficient way of getting your answer as to the general vibe and model? You wanted to find out if it clicked and learned it did not... basically you got your answer you were looking for so why dwell on it :S

Upvote 0

LOL I’ll be honest... if I had maybe had a couple troublesome people already that day and was in protection mode, I would take that opening line as you saying you’re here to cause problems and letting everyone know first.

Upvote 0
LOL I’ll be honest... if I had maybe had a couple troublesome people already that day and was in protection mode, I would take that opening line as you saying you’re here to cause problems and letting everyone know first.
Yeah my tolerance for weird lines from strangers depends on my mood already that shift. :D

Upvote 0
That's cool. I would have moved on and gotten over it. Like I said, I don't dwell on it. Hey, it's just a stupid opening line, but I think it's more effective than nice tits or whatever. And if a model is in protection mode, then probably not where I want to be that night. So, it works. I don't mind being not responded to. It was just the one time I was instantly banned. I've also had models suggest I needed to get help. I understand your POV. I've met some really cool models that way, and probably pissed off some. I do appreciate the feedback.

Upvote 0
Yeah my tolerance for weird lines from strangers depends on my mood already that shift. :D
I replied to Jolene the same way as I will reply to you. I realize it's idiotic, but that's kinda the point. If you're in no mood to put up with nonsense, then not my room that night. I was just replying to the OP about being banned. I've never been banned for being a dick/asshole, but the instant ban stuck out to me. Hey, maybe she was having a horrible shift, I don't know. I won't bash her or judge her, it just happened. I've moved on. I don't even remember her name, but I do remember thinking, WTF?

Upvote 0
I've been banned twice.

In one case the angry model I was tipping demanded that I tip more. When I didn't: banhammer! It was strange because she had a dozen grey users in her room that weren't tipping at all. It seemed like bad business to ban someone who was actually tipping.

The other time I had forgotten that I was watching hannibalarose's room before I got distracted and left the house. When I came back, I found she had banned me. I guess she doesn't like a user being in her room for two hours without tipping.

Both times I was banned for a "reason". Since then I figured out it's best to just keep moving from room to room. If you stay too long even when tipping you risk getting banned.

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Reactions: Osyrus
Upvote 0
Someone like me, I tend to get tippers by getting them hooked on my personality and revved up to join in a chatty/social room. So its crucial to my biz strategy to have an active chat room, regardless of tipping.

this is my business model and it also brings more interesting conversations in the room, if it wasn't for this, I would be bored like hell.

Reactions: s18CM and IndySolo
Upvote 0

the ban is lifted after 30 days by default - FYI :)

Upvote 0
the ban is lifted after 30 days by default - FYI :)

On Chaturbate, the model can change, extend, and reduce ban lengths so it's not wise to assume any ban only lasts 30 days.

Reactions: MollyMidnight
Upvote 0
On Chaturbate, the model can change, extend, and reduce ban lengths so it's not wise to assume any ban only lasts 30 days.
true, they can, but it is very uncommon that a model changes the default 30 days ban timeline for the banned individual. especially for 1st offenders.

99% of the bans, are just "Click and forget", hardly any model revisits the ban list after her long tiring show to tweak with the ban timelines. many don't even know how to.
unless it is a repeating offender, it is almost safe to assume the ban would be lifted in 30 days.
at least on CB, I don't know about other platforms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes I was no longer banned from either room after thirty days, but why would I want to go back to a room that I was banned from? If the model doesn't want me in her room, why should I annoy her by going back?
good chance she won't even remember you or even that she banned you.
30 days is a long time for a model, much water passed through the river. lots of new faces, who can keep track of all of them?

Upvote 0
true, they can, but it is very uncommon that a model changes the default 30 days ban timeline for the banned individual. especially for 1st offenders.

99% of the bans, are just "Click and forget", hardly any model revisits the ban list after her long tiring show to tweak with the ban timelines. many don't even know how to.
unless it is a repeating offender, it is almost safe to assume the ban would be lifted in 30 days.
at least on CB, I don't know about other platforms.
Not sure why you speak with such authority to know what most models do. :)

On MFC it's probably* pretty common to extend to a forever ban as it's only a couple extra clicks. Maybe it's different on CB or more troublesome to go through.

I just know MFC models asked for a looooong time for "forever bans" so I'd assume a lot of them are taking advantage of it. Default on MFC is 24 hours.

*I say probably because I don't want to make such an authoritative assumption and note that it's a fair guess.

Upvote 0
Not sure why you speak with such authority to know what most models do. :).
based on experience, on CB it is not so user friendly to change it, actually it is not easy to spot where the settings are.
like I said, no idea how it works on other platforms, I can only speak on how usually it is practiced on CB...

Most models in most cases (1st infraction/offender) just "click (ban) and forget", then move on, not many really tweak with time line later on so much... do you? if so how often?
Ask yourself..how often do you tweak with ban timeline on a non-representative offender once you Clicked the ban button?

P.S. on MFC, since you mentioned it is only 24hr it might be different

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: Osyrus
Upvote 0
Ask yourself..how often do you tweak with ban timeline on a non-representative offender once you Clicked the ban button?
If I care to ban someone, I care enough to click a couple extra times to extend to lifetime.

Upvote 0

It depends whether I think they'll come back after the 30 days are up. If I think they'll stay away, no need to lifetime ban. If I think they might come back, it's worth the ten seconds it'll take at the end of the day to never have to deal with them again.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Upvote 0
I'm still new to camming again but even though I enjoy having a light conversation in my guest chat, no one is entitled to my time. I'm with the models here who are explaining that the OP's opinion of his experience is written in a way that comes off as extremely entitled. If a room is geared around very little convo outside of private then you have to respect that and move on. There are PLENTY of models who will chat endlessly for zero tips, why complain about serious models who are trying to earn a living? I don't think it's unreasonable at all and you might way to take some of the advice from these excellent people and kindly adjust your position. You're not a client if you're not giving $$.

Side note: Most of the models are giving you a sound explanation for why you might be having banning issues. I would definitely take their advice. No snark in this post btw :)

Upvote 0
based on experience, on CB it is not so user friendly to change it, actually it is not easy to spot where the settings are.
like I said, no idea how it works on other platforms, I can only speak on how usually it is practiced on CB...

Most models in most cases (1st infraction/offender) just "click (ban) and forget", then move on, not many really tweak with time line later on so much... do you? if so how often?

P.S. on MFC, since you mentioned it is only 24hr it might be different

I don't actually think the majority of models on Chaturbate are aware that 1) a default ban is ONLY for 4 weeks, 2) You can make it a permanent ban by going to settings, 3) You can add a name manually to your ban list in those same settings, and 4) If a user has multiple accounts using the same email and/or IP, it will automatically ban those from your room too - but you can clear these if you want, but not individually, they have to be done "all" at once.

Upvote 0
good chance she won't even remember you or even that she banned you.
But I remember that they banned me, and in both cases it didn't seem fair to me so I'll visit the several hundred other rooms on Chaturbate instead. The angry model was banned the last time I checked and I don't see hannibalrose on very often these days anyway.

I just remembered I was once banned from another room. This was one of those cases where a model was simulcasting into two rooms with slightly different names. After I was banned I went to her second room and asked why I was banned. She said, "I don't know. I don't own the other room."

Upvote 0
I don't actually think the majority of models on Chaturbate are aware that 1) a default ban is ONLY for 4 weeks, 2) You can make it a permanent ban by going to settings, 3) You can add a name manually to your ban list in those same settings, and 4) If a user has multiple accounts using the same email and/or IP, it will automatically ban those from your room too - but you can clear these if you want, but not individually, they have to be done "all" at once.
this is also one of the major reasons why my claim that in most cases in CB bans are temporary holds ground....
you are absolutely right on all four points...
By the way, I was not aware either on Point No. 4 :) I just came to learn this from you just now :)

Upvote 0
based on experience, on CB it is not so user friendly to change it, actually it is not easy to spot where the settings are

I don't know how much more user friendly it could be? It's right there, accessible during broadcast. It's not like it's hidden away or anything.
upload_2018-12-4_21-13-46.png

4) If a user has multiple accounts using the same email and/or IP, it will automatically ban those from your room too - but you can clear these if you want, but not individually, they have to be done "all" at once.

Are you positive that's true? I had a friend who was being harassed by someone who had been a regular of theirs, and he just kept making different accounts. Support told them that nothing could be done in terms of permanently blocking the user from the site or their room, and they just had to keep banning the individual accounts as he made them.

Upvote 0
I don't know how much more user friendly it could be? It's right there, accessible during broadcast. It's not like it's hidden away or anything.
View attachment 79244

Are you positive that's true? I had a friend who was being harassed by someone who had been a regular of theirs, and he just kept making different accounts. Support told them that nothing could be done in terms of permanently blocking the user from the site or their room, and they just had to keep banning the individual accounts as he made them.

Yes it's true. Go and look, if you have banned users, it should say below the list but above the "find a name ban" something a long the lines of "we also blocked XX other accounts associated..".
Maybe it is not based on IP, maybe it's just based on Email... I am unsure. I did test it a bit and it DID ban me with using TWO different emails but the same IP, and again if I used the same email.

Obviously those being ass clowns and trolling like that will use a RANDOM email account and won't verify it. Greys should only be able to talk with verified email accounts.. this will stop a lot of harassment with models. Yes the user could go create a dozen emails but that whole process will take longer.

Be sure to "ban permanently" then that whole associated accounts thing may be stronger... ?? I am unsure.
Maybe @punker barbie could clarify for us what the "terms" are for it detecting and banning associated accounts?

Upvote 0
4) If a user has multiple accounts using the same email and/or IP, it will automatically ban those from your room too - but you can clear these if you want, but not individually, they have to be done "all" at once.
I just tested it, and No, it is no longer the case. a Ban is per user and not per eMail/IP.

here is how I tested it:
My boyfriend created two dummy accounts under the same email address for the sake of the test..
let's call it: Dummy1 & Dummy2

1. I logged into my account from my computer and went online (broadcast), using OBS/Chrome
3. I asked my Boyfriend to log in with Dummy1 on his laptop from home and into my live show
4. I banned Dummy1, he was kicked... poor thing
5. asked my Boyfriend to log out Dummy1 and Login as Dummy2
6. Boyfriend managed to join my broadcast without an issue with Dummy2 user.

Dummy two was not banned even though it was the same eMail and IP as Dummy1 User.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you would be surprised how many models don't even know this setting exists, because it is not under the traditional
user settings. they don't even know there is another settings on the chat tab to go to in the 1st place...

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.