AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Feelings on cammer/viewer political divides?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilah_Marquise

Cam Model
Nov 6, 2018
Transylvania
www.streamate.com
Twitter Username
@marquiselilah
Streamate Username
LilahMarquise
Chaturbate Username
LilahMarquise
I'm curious how everyone else feels about having very diifferent political views on cam. Normally I avoid the topic, but recently when I mentioned being Canadian, a guy brought up his love of Jordan Peterson. And I just had a hard time keeping the internal screaming in. Personally I'd feel weird doing private sessions with this dude. Do opposing beliefs bother anyone else enough that they wouldn't perform/watch a show? Or is a show a show no matter who's involved?

*For those not familiar, Jordan Peterson is a Canadian professor with...questionable..opinions on gender, free speech, and other divisive topics. He's become pretty popular among the far-right.

Yeah, probably best to steer clear of politics if you can. Regardless of your own opinions, on average 50% of the people will disagree with you and some of those quite vehemently. This is also a topic that your viewers are more likely to argue with each other about than other topics. No one is going to get really bent out of shape over music preferences or if pineapple belong on pizza, but get some Trump supporter and Hillary fans together and it is likely only a matter of minutes before someone gets called a Nazi.

Even if things stay civil is that really the kind of discussion/debate you want in your room? I would love a debate about Jordan Peterson, but it is not exactly the kind of sexy talk that leads to a cum show.

It is your room and your rules so you can shut it down whenever you want, and if it is affecting your work it is likely time to shut it down.

I'm curious how everyone else feels about having very diifferent political views on cam. Normally I avoid the topic, but recently when I mentioned being Canadian, a guy brought up his love of Jordan Peterson. And I just had a hard time keeping the internal screaming in. Personally I'd feel weird doing private sessions with this dude. Do opposing beliefs bother anyone else enough that they wouldn't perform/watch a show? Or is a show a show no matter who's involved?

*For those not familiar, Jordan Peterson is a Canadian professor with...questionable..opinions on gender, free speech, and other divisive topics. He's become pretty popular among the far-right.

It's up to you to decide who you wish to do a show with or not. I've declined shows that I wasn't comfortable doing, but I've never declined a show just because of someone's political stance. Now if I were to get someone in my chat who I found to be a despicable person who I do not wish to engage with further, then they'd get banned before they even have the chance to hit the 'private' button. Lol.

No model is obligated to accept a private show, which is why it's always been a pet peeve of mine that Streamate doesn't let models decline premium shows (Random dude could just take you right to premium while you're in the middle of chatting with someone else in the room, whether you want to or not). But I digress.....

I try to avoid political discussions in my room. If I'm able to, I'll give a very vague answer, and switch the topic to something else. Political topics especially have the potential to cause arguments in the public chat (which I do not want), and cause one to miss out on some tippers...which would be a shame, because it's a CAM SITE...not fucking C-SPAN. :p If I wanted to see people whine about Democrats or Republicans, and call people names like 'libtards...RepubliCANTS...DemocRATS', I could go on the WBAL-TV Baltimore Facebook page to read that shit. Lmao.

Instead of fighting with people on a cam site about who they voted for let's all just chill and have conversations about cool stuff like titties...baked mac and cheese...and 80s cartoons. :)

Now dating someone who has opposing beliefs is something I could see being a challenge for some people. To be a fly on that wall. Lol...

Reactions: AudriTwo
One of my former regulars was a super MAGA-loving, SJW-hating edgelord. I didn’t really care until he started bringing it to my chatroom or trying to egg me into “debates” with him. Not the time or the place. I will take money from people of all political stances :angelic:

I’ve had a few members/friends who differed from me politically whose opinions I value and trust. If they show respect to mine, we can discuss and it’s cool to hear from the “other” side. Especially one-on-one convos which I find a lot more open and respectful than big group discussions, usually.

No model is obligated to accept a private show, which is why it's always been a pet peeve of mine that Streamate doesn't let models decline premium shows

Yeah, I found this very confusing, didn't even realize what was happening the first couple times. It throws me when someone starts without warning.

I try to avoid political discussions in my room. If I'm able to, I'll give a very vague answer, and switch the topic to something else.

Basically what I tried to do, but I definitely made a bit of a face before I caught myself XD. I switched topics by responding to someone else's question, and the guy left shortly after, so it wasn't a huge deal. But I've been questioning how I would have felt if he wanted a show. I suppose it depends on whether or not he pushed the subject. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: yummybrownfox
If you are the one that opened the door to the conversation you can't really hate on the members that share opposing views. At least in US politics it's near 50/50 so half the time you're going to find something with an opposing view from yours. If you're ready to discard 50% of the member population it's up to you.

This clearly wasn't something I brought up. Not exactly my cam topic of choice. Also this isn't really about US politics in particular. As for discarding 50% of the member population based on the Republican/Democrat divide...well it's not like Americans are the only people online. I would be curious about the actual US user stats though. I doubt it's a clean 50-50 split. Anyone up for a deeply unsexy poll? XD

I live in Switzerland and I hide my location exactly for this reason, to avoid political, rasial and antisemitism discussions

Or the realization so few people know anything about the politics of Switzerland. All I know about the place is these crazy uniforms.
See-the-Swiss-Guards-_Getty_2018_GettyImages-821800896.jpg

• Funny!
Reactions: Slapstick
The only time I brought up politics with a model was I read about an election in her country. Based on her posts to social media, I got the impression that the wrong person won, and so I asked her about it. Got a cool lesson in her country's politics! Can't say I was surprised by the politics of a bisexual cam model who was then in a long-term lesbian relationship. I also wasn't surprised by the breadth of her knowledge given that's majoring in government and international relations.

It depends on how it’s done and how you handle it. I try to keep serious debate about any topic for the final 30 min of my show, after I reached all my goals. It isn’t the kind of talk that will get you the most love from the room but sometimes it is nice to showcase a different part of yourself. People will surprise you both for good and bad. In my case I have controversial opinions on many subjects but at the same time I am super open to other people’s ideas and opinions and will never think less of another person for their ideas, I am happy to report my room does not think less of me for being a flat earther although I do admit I have probably lost potential tippers to these discussions. All in all my advice is to keep them light, fun and not too long. I don’t always succeed at it :p

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
I used to enjoy watching JP discussions even though I disagreed with most of his views on gender and religion. I enjoy any pundit that invokes thought. I lost interest when he argued without god, there is no art. Which opened my eyes a lot of his bullshit.

Politics has absolutely no place in camming, at least not my camroom. Anywhere in public chat is an absolute no and I shut down the topic pretty quickly. There's nothing that prevents shows or tips more than that, and if someone wants to talk about politics, there are a million other places on the internet to do that.

If someone really wants to talk about that in private or exclusive, well you do you, I'll oblige the request, but even then I'd much rather have my typical Domme/sub shows. Although I've never had someone ask for a show where I humiliate them for their political views, that would be something new and fun ;)

I tend to avoid political, religious, and other "hot topics" in many aspects of life. Not because I don't think they shouldn't be discussed. Rather, it's because many people can't control themselves when it comes to rational, and thought provoking discussion. Instead, it becomes filled with slurs, shaming, and other hateful comments. And, not just from one political view. It comes from all of them.

In a model's room, as some have mentioned, if they are the one who brings it up or goes in that direction, they should be ready for many different views and at least give a chance to let some people speak before shutting it down. If others brought it up, and rules exist which state "NO" to these topics, it should be shut down immediately. If it continues, kick the person from the room without a ban. If they come back and continues, then temp ban them. However, if they're a troll, permaban.

As to privates, I have issues with privates if I know someone may have an immense hatred for something. But, if it's just an opposing view, eh. If they're respectful, it's not that big of a deal. Just because someone disagrees, doesn't mean they malicious intent.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Always felt the group chat was weird regardless of topics.

One on one I love hearing about other countries politics. I don't talk about USA politics with anyone.

I believe that I offer escapism, a way to release stress and forget about real life, so I stay away from politics, religion or anything that could cause conflict. I am your fantasy, not a reminder of what is happening in the world.

So, if a member decides to out of nowhere say something that is against my believes, I flat out tell that I am not doing my live show to bring up stressful things, and if insisting, it's a ban. I'd rather be fun. Is the same with how I handle my social media. I don't share politics, I keep it to myself, you need to be in my personal life for years to know what I think. Oh, that's also another reason why I don't share my location either, I always just skip the question. Nobody ever complained about that either.

One of my first ever cam shows, someone asked me in my chat what I think about the #metoo movement. Really?? I have very strong feelings about it, but I told him it's not the place.
I have very strong political thoughts, too, but SO not the time or place for any of it. Like I want to risk pissing off half my room. Pssh.

Status
Not open for further replies.