AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Being single on Valentine's day

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2019
This is actually not a V-day shitpost. I love love- and couples are beautiful! However, I [am] single and actually do not want a relationship for a while- I want to date myself and work on myself mentally, emotionally, financially, and physically [losing some weight I gained] first!

That being said, the idea of Valentine's day approaching had me wondering- even though love is admirable and I'm confident I'll have it one day, I REALLY don't want to be surrounded by couples on Valentine's day, but I REALLY REALLY want to take myself out on a really nice fancy date on V-day (assuming I can afford it... we'll see xD) What should I do? I feel like if I take myself out to a fancy dinner like I want to, I'll be surrounded by couples and it'll be pretty uncomfortable haha
I was actually looking specifically at sushi places, not sure if that'd be a safe-zone or not but I'd assume not

What do you happily single ladies do for v-day in the name of self care? I really don't want to be cooped up in the house, I wonder if getting a massage is a good option? But that still feels too "cooped" for me for a holiday- I actually want to adventure- does anybody know anywhere public and fun that typically isn't filled with couples on vday?

I've gone out clubbing every Valentine's day when I was single and had a lot of fun. I saw way more single people/groups of people vs couples. I assume most couples are out at fancy dinner dates. I had a lot of fun having drinks and dancing with all different types of people without any expectations. I also bought myself tons of Valentine's Day candy. I think getting a massage sounds lovely as well!

I worked in the service industry for years, and valentines days at restaurants are the worst. You will get worse service. The kitchen will be stressed out. The bar backed up- And couples galore. I vote for clubbing, or a spa day and shopping.

I worked in the service industry for years, and valentines days at restaurants are the worst. You will get worse service. The kitchen will be stressed out. The bar backed up- And couples galore. I vote for clubbing, or a spa day and shopping.

Never clubbed before, don't think that's my scene tbh. I may give it a whirl and try it though, depending on how I'm feeling.

Indoor swimming sounds nice too haha, and so does a makeover and maybe facial

I spend it just like I do every other day of the year, but I'm a scrooge who doesn't celebrate jack shit. Working retail killed holidays for me.

Like @SaffronBurke hints at, V-Day doesn't mean you absolutely MUST celebrate love or recognize with your sig-other (if you have one). You can do that any day of the year.

I tend to tell people who get themselves depressed around Valentines - the modern V-day as we know it is commercialized hidden behind all the lovey dovey stuff, just so that Hallmark can sell more cards and chocolates to boost sales. You can think of the modern V-Day as more of a manufactured holiday, and same goes with many other holidays for that matter. The whole historical & cultural context of Saint Valentines is generally lost in the 21st century.

Reactions: fantasy707
I spend it just like I do every other day of the year, but I'm a scrooge who doesn't celebrate jack shit. Working retail killed holidays for me.

I TOTALLY feel you!! I decided I’m going to be a scrooge about Christmas, Halloween, and the like holidays until I have a family of my own- happily married with kids! It’s just manufactured commercial crap, so companies can just get a quick big buck, it just won’t bring me joy until then tbh

What do you happily single ladies do for v-day in the name of self care? I wonder if getting a massage is a good option?

DO IT! I treated myself to a Valentine's Day hot stone massage once, and it was especially wonderful for me since I'm a person who HATES winter/being cold.

I see that Valentine's Day this year falls on a karaoke night, so I already know where I'll be that night. :)

Think about the kind of things you enjoy, and just treat yourself to something nice, whether that may be a massage...a movie playing in theaters...lunch or dinner at your favorite restaurant...a concert/live music venue...etc.

I make a way bigger deal out of my birthday than I do Valentine's Day (I wear a birthday crown or tiara, and go to Six Flags...lol).

Happy fertility and pregnancy day,
Seriously that's what valentines day was originally about.

DO IT! I treated myself to a Valentine's Day hot stone massage once, and it was especially wonderful for me since I'm a person who HATES winter/being cold.

I see that Valentine's Day this year falls on a karaoke night, so I already know where I'll be that night. :)

Think about the kind of things you enjoy, and just treat yourself to something nice, whether that may be a massage...a movie playing in theaters...lunch or dinner at your favorite restaurant...a concert/live music venue...etc.

I make a way bigger deal out of my birthday than I do Valentine's Day (I wear a birthday crown or tiara, and go to Six Flags...lol).

Totally loving the movie idea! Even if it’s packed with couples, I don’t have to see them in the dark and they’ll be shut the fuck up... lmao! Love!

I was thinking about maybe even a pedicure and a Korean exfoliating body scrub for the first time??!

Totally taking your birthday tiara idea, I love it!

Happy fertility and pregnancy day,
Seriously that's what valentines day was originally about.

Very interesting!

I'm still considered 'single', but this guy I started dating and I are going to a Valentine's Day Murder Mystery dinner. We just confirmed it a few minutes ago. I'm excited, because 1) ever since I saw those episodes of The Golden Girls and The Jeffersons, I've always wanted to be part of a murder mystery event, and 2) I fucking love to eat. LOL.

But I would still be attending this event, whether I had a date or not (They have 'single admission' and 'couple admission' ticket options). You absolutely do not need a man in order to have a good time. I've got some new sexy dresses too. I can't wait.

I'm not sure I've been single for V day before. But I'm not entirely sure I've ever celebrated it either? Maybe my last ex might have wanted to because he was really romantic? Although I think maybe he was at sea for the first two so maybe not?

Either way my entire point is I think it's a ridiculous holiday that just further makes people who already feel alone feel even more alone and I'm ready for it to go out of fashion.

Check up on your single friends on Valentine's Day. Remind them they are loved regardless of their relationship status.

I’ve only celebrated v day a handful of times. Most of the guys I’ve dated didn’t care to celebrate it which looking back speaks volumes to how they felt about me which is not much...

I think if you don’t want to be around couples a sit down dinner place might not be the best choice unless maybe you do a breakfast or brunch thing. A smaller local place may not be so crowded. Doing something you really enjoy that makes your spirit fly could also be an option. I like the idea of going out dancing etc.

Messages... whatever makes you feel good and happy that you may not take time to do on a regular day could be something to do. A spa day... or even something simple. For me that’s probably be ordering pizza and playing video games since I don’t give them enough love. I hope you have a good vday though and I’m happy you’re not buying into the hype or the day.

• Hugs
Like you, @fantasy707 , I think love can be a great thing, and I'm not opposed to it. I'm just not looking for it at this time. I think it's great that you are looking to improve yourself, and get yourself in a better position while single. Again, similar.

For myself, I've been single the past few years, and have typically spent V-Day doing something I enjoy. Typically, it's one of my hobbies. This year, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. If you do go to a sushi place, I might suggest sitting at the sushi bar. This way, it keeps you there by the cooks, and you won't have to see all the different couples if that bothers you.

Movies are another great thing. I fucking love going to the movies, and see about one a week, if not more.

Best of luck, and enjoy your day

(assuming I can afford it... we'll see xD)
Eh. With my new savings and budgeting plan I totally am not able to afford to take myself out. But I hope this thread stays poppin' for a little bit so I can gather all the ideas for next year :) I def plan to use all of the ones already mentioned next year, too. I'm just happy and grateful I took initiative to clean up my budgeting and spending game

I love being out in public on Valentines Day, got to be one of the most entertaining days for people watching. Grab a coffee, a seat, perhaps a book and just enjoy. It's actually a really good day for meeting interesting strangers too when you don't get too caught up in the day.

A massage was actually one of my big things for singles day, good food, drinks, movies, anything that I wanted to do to relax I did

I love being out in public on Valentines Day, got to be one of the most entertaining days for people watching. Grab a coffee, a seat, perhaps a book and just enjoy. It's actually a really good day for meeting interesting strangers too when you don't get too caught up in the day.
People watching sure is an interesting pass time on the holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.