1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Being single on Valentine's day

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by fantasy707, Jan 11, 2019.

1. fantasy707

This is actually not a V-day shitpost. I love love- and couples are beautiful! However, I [am] single and actually do not want a relationship for a while- I want to date myself and work on myself mentally, emotionally, financially, and physically [losing some weight I gained] first!

That being said, the idea of Valentine's day approaching had me wondering- even though love is admirable and I'm confident I'll have it one day, I REALLY don't want to be surrounded by couples on Valentine's day, but I REALLY REALLY want to take myself out on a really nice fancy date on V-day (assuming I can afford it... we'll see xD) What should I do? I feel like if I take myself out to a fancy dinner like I want to, I'll be surrounded by couples and it'll be pretty uncomfortable haha
    I was actually looking specifically at sushi places, not sure if that'd be a safe-zone or not but I'd assume not

What do you happily single ladies do for v-day in the name of self care? I really don't want to be cooped up in the house, I wonder if getting a massage is a good option? But that still feels too "cooped" for me for a holiday- I actually want to adventure- does anybody know anywhere public and fun that typically isn't filled with couples on vday?

• Inspiring Topic Inspiring Topic x 1
  2. Carmita Bonita

Cam Model

I've gone out clubbing every Valentine's day when I was single and had a lot of fun. I saw way more single people/groups of people vs couples. I assume most couples are out at fancy dinner dates. I had a lot of fun having drinks and dancing with all different types of people without any expectations. I also bought myself tons of Valentine's Day candy. I think getting a massage sounds lovely as well!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sillykitty

I worked in the service industry for years, and valentines days at restaurants are the worst. You will get worse service. The kitchen will be stressed out. The bar backed up- And couples galore. I vote for clubbing, or a spa day and shopping.

• Like Like x 2
  4. fantasy707

Never clubbed before, don't think that's my scene tbh. I may give it a whirl and try it though, depending on how I'm feeling.

Indoor swimming sounds nice too haha, and so does a makeover and maybe facial

5. SaffronBurke

Cam Model

I spend it just like I do every other day of the year, but I'm a scrooge who doesn't celebrate jack shit. Working retail killed holidays for me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Aw, that stinks. Sorry. Aw, that stinks. Sorry. x 1
  6. mutantdonut

Like @SaffronBurke hints at, V-Day doesn't mean you absolutely MUST celebrate love or recognize with your sig-other (if you have one). You can do that any day of the year.

I tend to tell people who get themselves depressed around Valentines - the modern V-day as we know it is commercialized hidden behind all the lovey dovey stuff, just so that Hallmark can sell more cards and chocolates to boost sales. You can think of the modern V-Day as more of a manufactured holiday, and same goes with many other holidays for that matter. The whole historical & cultural context of Saint Valentines is generally lost in the 21st century.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fantasy707

I TOTALLY feel you!! I decided I’m going to be a scrooge about Christmas, Halloween, and the like holidays until I have a family of my own- happily married with kids! It’s just manufactured commercial crap, so companies can just get a quick big buck, it just won’t bring me joy until then tbh

8. Songbird_Shelly

DO IT! I treated myself to a Valentine's Day hot stone massage once, and it was especially wonderful for me since I'm a person who HATES winter/being cold.

I see that Valentine's Day this year falls on a karaoke night, so I already know where I'll be that night. :)

Think about the kind of things you enjoy, and just treat yourself to something nice, whether that may be a massage...a movie playing in theaters...lunch or dinner at your favorite restaurant...a concert/live music venue...etc.

I make a way bigger deal out of my birthday than I do Valentine's Day (I wear a birthday crown or tiara, and go to Six Flags...lol).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lelo1

Happy fertility and pregnancy day,
    Seriously that's what valentines day was originally about.

10. fantasy707

Totally loving the movie idea! Even if it’s packed with couples, I don’t have to see them in the dark and they’ll be shut the fuck up... lmao! Love!

I was thinking about maybe even a pedicure and a Korean exfoliating body scrub for the first time??!

Totally taking your birthday tiara idea, I love it!

Very interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  11. AudriTwo

Cam Model

I don't think I've ever celebrated Valentine's day traditionally with my husband. Actually no. I've never celebrated it even with other people. Never saw the point.