AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If you like The Tick please go watch Amazon's pilot episode.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun__

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 16, 2011
If you like The Tick please go watch Amazon's pilot episode, and then tell them how great it is in the survey so I can get a full season of it. Destiney does not talk to me, but I am sure it would say this needs to happen if it did.

What? Is it live action or animated? Remember the cartoon? The cartoon The Tick made me sooooo happy. I have the Arthur action figure somewhere.

Sigh.
It is live action, and I do remember the cartoon.

Reactions: Ms_Diane
Actually gave this a shot the other night. While I admit being biased toward Patrick Warburton, I tried to remain open minded.
I'm fairly certain I was disappointed. Or unimpressed. Or bored... I don't remember which because I fell asleep.

It was pretty fun.... but just doesn't compare to the other live action tick. I love that one sooooo much
I would trade both live action versions for new seasons of the cartoon. I wonder if people's first Tick is the best tick.

Reactions: Ms_Diane
Warburton's was campy and just ridiculous. As it should be. The Tick -needs- to be absolutely over the top. The humor in Amazon's pilot is much more subdued, and I don't really think it fits the series.

It COULD be good, but it needs a big ol' spoonful of funny added.

I had a hard time getting into the new live action series too.. /: I love PW, but I am also a fan of Peter Serafinowicz (dude, spelling!), so I don't think it's the bias that prevented me from liking it. I mean, it could be, but I thought the tone was just weeeeeird as fuck. lol. One minute its quirky/real world with a focus on the psychological and the next minute its cheese. The original live action had more of a cohesive style that held it all together. (even if it WAS a little 90's era comic book a la nipples on the batsuit...)

I will watch more as it comes out to give it a chance. I honestly really want to like it.

Reactions: HanlonShaves
Warburton's was campy and just ridiculous. As it should be. The Tick -needs- to be absolutely over the top. The humor in Amazon's pilot is much more subdued, and I don't really think it fits the series.

It COULD be good, but it needs a big ol' spoonful of funny added.
I thought that, or maybe on the other hand they need to lean into the real world thing and ride that out. But not both. I was all, huh, intriguing, and then PS's Tick shouts 'go tell it on the mountain!' ...lol. I laughed out loud, but at that moment I thought, nope. Doesn't fit.

Reactions: HanlonShaves
Status
Not open for further replies.