AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does MFC Have a Language Block Feature for Models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Does MFC give models a way to block specific languages, or to maybe only accept certain languages (.e.g. allow English only)? Where is this option found?

As a viewer, you can block on geography, but there is nothing specific to language.

Apparently this feature does exist for broadcasters in some form, based on some interactions I have had with models. The really sad thing is MFC gives no error message to the person typing in the rejected language. It just takes your text in the private message window and throws it away. In the public message window, it takes your text and encodes it to some very bizarre encoding that no one can read, and again it gives no error.

Kudos to CB on this, as CB handles foreign languages in public and private chat windows flawlessly.

Does MFC give models a way to block specific languages, or to maybe only accept certain languages (.e.g. allow English only)? Where is this option found?

As a viewer, you can block on geography, but there is nothing specific to language.

Apparently this feature does exist for broadcasters in some form, based on some interactions I have had with models. The really sad thing is MFC gives no error message to the person typing in the rejected language. It just takes your text in the private message window and throws it away. In the public message window, it takes your text and encodes it to some very bizarre encoding that no one can read, and again it gives no error.

Kudos to CB on this, as CB handles foreign languages in public and private chat windows flawlessly.

As far as I'm aware MFC does not actively block languages other than English, though to be 100% certain you would have to ask a model that question. MFC does however allow models to block certain keywords (as defined by each model) in the chat window etc.

There is a pertinent thread already here... https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/mfc-chat-filters.25935/#post-789557

So, if you were to ask certain questions of a studio model... her location, real name etc... these terms and others, may have been pre blocked in the chat by the studio admin.

Also, if you are trying to reach a model using a language which utilises a character set which is not installed on HER machine, then I'm pretty sure she will get to see just gobbledegook.in the chat window on her side.

:)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
As far as I'm aware MFC does not actively block languages other than English, though to be 100% certain you would have to ask a model that question. MFC does however allow models to block certain keywords (as defined by each model) in the chat window etc.

Keyword block would remove specific sentences. What I saw was all sentences being removed unless they were English.

The model asked me why it was happening. So asking the model isn't the answer. It also isn't an answer to say "this is how MFC works" because this is not a global feature. It appears to only affect specific models. That means it is a configuration issue for the specific model, that's all.

I searched for other threads on ACF that discuss this. I couldn't find any other threads.

So, if you were to ask certain questions of a studio model... her location, real name etc... these terms and others, may have been pre blocked in the chat by the studio admin.

There was none of that. No dirty talk. No swearing. No hate. No contact info. Simple conversation only....

Also, if you are trying to reach a model using a language which utilises a character set which is not installed on HER machine, then I'm pretty sure she will get to see just gobbledegook.in the chat window on her side.
:)

That was an issue in the 1980s/1990s when the display technology used "fonts" built into the operating system, such as Windows fonts. Web browsers rescued us from that slavery, and any good browser like Chrome can display any UTF compliant character set.

The keyword block also sends the person that typed the message a notice (that shows up in their chat) that they have used a word the model has blocked.
I also have seen language used in the chat is Spanish and even German and nothing was blocked. Either the model I was watching didn't have a language blocked or you have a glitch.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
The keyword block also sends the person that typed the message a notice (that shows up in their chat) that they have used a word the model has blocked.
I also have seen language used in the chat is Spanish and even German and nothing was blocked. Either the model I was watching didn't have a language blocked or you have a glitch.

That is great to know. I never get error messages, so it must not be any keyword I enter being in any person's block list.

That thread was trying to establish if MFC supported cyrillic at all. They do, apparently. At least it works with some models perfectly.

This thread is just asking if models have an option to block on language - any language - rather than on geography. Everyone can block on geography, but maybe models have some additional options to filter based on languages? It's really a simple question. I guess some model could answer "no, there is no feature to block private messages based on language" and that would a very complete answer for this thread.

That thread was trying to establish if MFC supported cyrillic at all. They do, apparently. At least it works with some models perfectly.

This thread is just asking if models have an option to block on language - any language - rather than on geography. Everyone can block on geography, but maybe models have some additional options to filter based on languages? It's really a simple question. I guess some model could answer "no, there is no feature to block private messages based on language" and that would a very complete answer for this thread.
The conclusion of the last thread seemed to be that MFC does not support languages other than English. They may happen to work, they may not, it may depend on the encoding used (many languages have more than one encoding), but it's not an intentional feature of the site. If we accept that MFC does not support languages other than English and has made no/little effort to make them work, it follows that MFC did not develop a system for language detection (not an easy task) and implement per-language blocks.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
The conclusion of the last thread seemed to be that MFC does not support languages other than English. They may happen to work, they may not, it may depend on the encoding used (many languages have more than one encoding), but it's not an intentional feature of the site. If we accept that MFC does not support languages other than English and has made no/little effort to make them work, it follows that MFC did not develop a system for language detection (not an easy task) and implement per-language blocks.

I agree with your conclusion. One model told me her studio blocks English, but I also doubt that the feature exists.

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.