AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

1 Token Tips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 29, 2012
Does it annoy any of you models when another model will completely over-react to a 1-10 token tip?

A certain...infamous past-member from here I've noticed has been tipping girls on Xpeeps with one token at a time. And not like to make a wall of tokens or anything, just one token, here and there, to a total of like 7 or 8, and the models are reacting as if they've hit the jackpot.

EDIT: Evidentally he must have recognised my username cause she just banned me despite the fact I hadn't said anything and was only in there for 2 minutes.

I'm not sure what the token conversion rate is on Xpeeps but if it's similar to MFC, then I'd say acting like they've hit a jackpot is a bit overboard. Don't get me wrong, we appreciate every bit we get, but there certainly is a difference between getting a nickel tossed at you, and a $20 bill. I think reactions should reflect accordingly.

AmberCutie said:
I'm not sure what the token conversion rate is on Xpeeps but if it's similar to MFC, then I'd say acting like they've hit a jackpot is a bit overboard. Don't get me wrong, we appreciate every bit we get, but there certainly is a difference between getting a nickel tossed at you, and a $20 bill. I think reactions should reflect accordingly.

70% so 7c per token.

I don't think it annoys me when a model gets giggly or thankful for small tokens, it annoys me when a member expects me to pledge my eternal thanks or the life of my first born for a small tip. This could be based on other models reacting differently than I would so they expect me to spontaneously orgasm or something. Still doesn't make me get annoyed with the model for being overly grateful.

Eh, I dunno. I've been frequenting a models room lately who seems to overreact to any and all tips. But, you know, she seems genuine, even in her overreactions.

Overall, I would rather a model overreact to a small tip, rather than nonchalant a larger tip.

Makes the small tippers feel better (and hopefully become bigger tippers) even when they can't contribute more.

There are a myriad of reasons why a member would tip a small amount other than being a cheapass. I won't go into them here, but good karma goes a long way.

Once upon a time there was a guy who was annoyed with my reaction to 1 token tips- he said I was too happy and thankful for a single token. I said I was happy to get any tokens at all; I'd prefer more, but I wouldn't deny a token. And I didn't know how to not say thank you, it was ingrained in me by my mother.

So he then tipped me 1 token over 500 times in 2 days. He LOVED pointing out when I didn't say thank you, so of course I always said it if I remembered. Then he tipped me 15k o_O my highest tip ever. If I hadn't acted the way I did towards 1 token tips, I'd never have gotten my highest tip!

I do overreact about tips sometimes, I dunno. The sound is like an electrical shock to me, and I just have to make some sort of noise. I am really sure some people think its fake but It's all real. I always feel like my thank you isn't enough, Even though when I tip people I don't really care how much they react, as long as I do get a thank you.

/ramble

LacieLaPlante said:
Once upon a time there was a guy who was annoyed with my reaction to 1 token tips- he said I was too happy and thankful for a single token. I said I was happy to get any tokens at all; I'd prefer more, but I wouldn't deny a token. And I didn't know how to not say thank you, it was ingrained in me by my mother.

So he then tipped me 1 token over 500 times in 2 days. He LOVED pointing out when I didn't say thank you, so of course I always said it if I remembered. Then he tipped me 15k o_O my highest tip ever. If I hadn't acted the way I did towards 1 token tips, I'd never have gotten my highest tip!

I do overreact about tips sometimes, I dunno. The sound is like an electrical shock to me, and I just have to make some sort of noise. I am really sure some people think its fake but It's all real. I always feel like my thank you isn't enough, Even though when I tip people I don't really care how much they react, as long as I do get a thank you.

/ramble
Wow. I'd say you did the right thing, both from a business standpoint and as a good human. But the tipper himself--lol--seems a bit passive agressive? Or am I misinterpreting? lol

Nordling said:
LacieLaPlante said:

/ramble
Wow. I'd say you did the right thing, both from a business standpoint and as a good human. But the tipper himself--lol--seems a bit passive agressive? Or am I misinterpreting? lol

That is what I saw it as, but hey she was polite and thankful and got 15k out of it. That's an generous and expensive act of passive aggression if you ask me. :lol:

Reactions: Nordling
... from the perspective of the other side: I don't have a problem with small tips, but if the people in the room react as though the guy made it rain - it does seem undermine the generosity of those who actually tip properly (e.g. freaking out over 10 tokens like it was a 10,000 tip).

LacieLaPlante said:

/ramble

A very good example of the good karma thing. Which definitely goes both ways.

TheNightman said:
I by no means mean a genuine thank you. I mean the exasperated "Oh my God thank you!".
It's a difficult situation, I suppose.

If a model really isn't that grateful, and she ignores small tips, she's a bitch. If she tries to be excited and say "thank you!" but it doesn't come off genuinely enough, she's a faker.

Like Lacie said, the token sound is like the levelup sound in World of Warcraft. Even if it's level fuckin' 2, you get excited as hell when you hear that sound. When I get overly excited I can flip the fuck out over a 5 token tip just because the sound gets me going.

I know what it feels like to tip a model and be ignored, and it doesn't feel good. It's hard to say, "every model needs to be tits-out for every two or three tokens she gets," because especially if you're used to bigger or heavy tipping, 20 cents doesn't really inspire awe in you. But at least models who fake being excited realize that members want recognition, and they're trying.

Some models might not even realize how they sound, or if a model is having a hard day and the only tip she's gotten in 30 minutes is 3 tokens, it can be hard to be very happy.

Nordling said:
LacieLaPlante said:

/ramble

I agree that you did the right thing (and congrats on such a high tip). I'm new to camming and I get excited when I hear that tip sound regardless of the amount. I wouldn't say I over react to 1 tkn tips but I do acknowledge and genuinely thank them.

ummmmm...so am I the only model who would feel insulted over a 1 token tip? I have never gotten one unless it was for a clear the board so I'm not sure how I would react but I used to have a guy who would hang out every night for hours and like once a week would drop 5 tokens, he didnt have his tokens hidden, and I'm not trying to sound like a money hungry whore but seriously it was like he had 40 dollars in quarters and went to the strip club every night to watch me and once a week he would throw a quarter at me for my efforts. Plus the guy NEVER talked so that definitely hurt his cause!

RainbowBryte said:
ummmmm...so am I the only model who would feel insulted over a 1 token tip? I have never gotten one unless it was for a clear the board so I'm not sure how I would react but I used to have a guy who would hang out every night for hours and like once a week would drop 5 tokens, he didnt have his tokens hidden, and I'm not trying to sound like a money hungry whore but seriously it was like he had 40 dollars in quarters and went to the strip club every night to watch me and once a week he would throw a quarter at me for my efforts. Plus the guy NEVER talked so that definitely hurt his cause!
I think it hugely depends on context.

Some of my favorite members, who have stayed in my room for hours every shift, never tip me and then give me 5 token tips like once or twice a month. I feel really honored, I guess, because I know those dudes never buy tokens and they can't really afford to tip.

Last night I saw a bunch of my ladies here from ACF online, so I bought my fifth 200-token package (the first in a few months) and went lady-hunting. I wanted to give a lot more to everyone, but I couldn't afford it. And even giving out 20 token tips, I ran out in about fifteen minutes. If I was a regular perv, there is no way I would be able to tip even my favorite models more than ten or twenty tokens a month.

Personally, it doesn't bother me when someone only contributes a little. I have had high-rolling members in my room that are regulars of top camgirls and throw down 1000-token tips all day long, and even though they have watched dozens of my shows, they've never tipped me at all. I would much rather see them tip me 5 tokens every once and a while, because at least it's something. It might be condescending for them to be all, "oh yes, jolly good job camgirl, here's a quarter, don't spend it all on candy and underwear," but at least they would be making some effort to acknowledge all the free shows they've watched.

RainbowBryte said:

This is what ends up happening with me:

"Hey guys, I've been on for three hours trying to make this goal. I see there's quite a few of you that have been in here for a while and you haven't tipped or said hi! If you guys can tip what you can, that would be awesome!"

*cue 1 token tip* *silence*

Furreal?

Yeah, I get angry. That whole time you sat there and didn't talk or tip and then you bust out with one fucking token. :angry4:

Hmm... 1 tok tips don't annoy me. The only time I don't like then is when someone does a 1 tok yellow wall for EVAH! because the tip noise is going no one else is tipping, but the countdown only went down by 50 tokens in an hour!
So, if you like doing little 1 token tip rains just remember other people are less likely to tip while you are and plan it wisely and make it quick as to not hurt the model.

Other than that I'm okee dokee with em!

Reactions: Evvie
For me, it seems like 1 token is better than 0 tokens (To state the obvious!) and the level of "thanks" should be proportionate to the amount tipped, but in my humble opinion, all tips should be thanked, its just nice!

This is from a Prems point of view, I dunno how i'd like to get my wage paid £1 at a time :lol:

sweetiebatman said:
1 token is better than 0 tokens (To state the obvious!) and the level of "thanks" should be proportionate to the amount tipped, but in my humble opinion, all tips should be thanked, its just nice!
In a nutshell, this is exactly it.

sweetiebatman said:
This is from a Prems point of view, I dunno how i'd like to get my wage paid £1 at a time :lol:

If you think 1 pound would be a pain, imagine it being 5 pence at a time.

I'm with the "it all depends on context". I had someone complain about my reaction to a 20 token tip. It had been a slow night, so I was happy for any money, even a dollar. All I did was thank the guy politely, maybe a little bit extra happiness that I couldn't quite conceal due to "omg I actually made some money!" going on... So I said that I would always thank a tip, no matter how small. So one guy proceeded to tip me 1 token at a time. He got through 7 of them, said "damn that's hard work" and tipped the other 13 all at once.

LadyLuna said:
He got through 7 of them, said "damn that's hard work"

Tipping small amounts is hard work. MFC always asks me if I am sure I want to do it several times, and if I know some models will find it insulting. It takes a lot more time.

Reactions: Evvie
RainbowBryte said:
ummmmm...so am I the only model who would feel insulted over a 1 token tip?

I'm okay with single digit tips, and they can be great for when members want to make a yellow wall. The only time I think a 1 token tip is insulting is when you know the guy is intentionally being a jerk...like the stupid troll I had who offline tipped me 1 token and messaged me with "Haha, now I'm your highest tipper...lol."

Or if a guy who has like 1,000 tokens barks "SHOW YOUR ASS," and when you tell him to tip for his request, he tips 1 token and posts "LMAO. There ya go. Now show your ass." THAT guy is being a douche.

I've done a few 1 token tips before, but only in certain specific cases. Either for comedic effect, when it otherwise fit with the flow of discussion in the room. Or with a particular model who uses a tip-activated (sound-activated) vibrator and doesn't seem bothered by the 1 token tips. In both cases, I was usually also tipping more at different times during their shows (or otherwise compensating them).

I don't think I'd want to give a serious 1 token tip to someone, mainly because its insulting on its own and is annoying if done serially. That said, models who impose a tip minimum are acting foolishly, IMHO. As Amber has said, money is money.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Maybe I'm weird because I love 1 token tips. A tip is a tip and if all you want to spend on me is a few tokens, one at a time, that's great. If that's all you can afford, also, just fine. I'm a premium and I'm one of those people that has buyers remorse, too, so I can sometimes sit on my tokens for a while before doling them out (20-30 at a time).

At the end of the day, even if I don't make my goals, if I had some tippers (even the single-token tips) at least I don't feel like a failure.

One last thing that I feel needs to be said: Just because you don't think a model is being sincere/genuine in her thanking for any amount that she's been tipped, it does not mean that she wasn't actually grateful and excited. It's all in the eye of the beholder or some junk like that, right?

it's not the thank you he means, its HOW she thanks.

There's a difference between being grateful and completely over exaggerating your thank you, as if you were tipped several thousand tokens.

Some people get really excited over tips of any amount. Tips are tips and people tipping instead of freeloading would cause excitement for me, too! If I didn't live with people, I'd probably be louder with my reactions...

Then again, maybe I just like to get people excited with me over any and every tip that comes in.

Reactions: coolestusername
A tip is a tip, 1 token or 1000 tokens. I'm grateful for any and all tips and just seeing the yellow on my screen and hearing the little dingaling makes me all kinds of giddy and giggity.

I must admit though that when I see a 1 token tip, I wonder if it was meant as a put down of some kind. I mean, one token is a dime to a member (generally) and a nickel to the model. I danced in strip clubs for almost four years and if someone would have came up to my stage and handed me a couple of nickels or dimes, they would have got a dirty look, and probably said nickel thrown at their face.

My point is, I can see all points - but as far as MFC is concerned, is doesnt work like it would in a club so I'm grateful for every token, nickle, dime, whatever. Even though I do wonder what made a member choose to only send one. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.