AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

5 Reasons camgirls Need a Logo and Marketing Materials

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Reasons camgirls Need a Logo and Marketing Materials
For more info: http://goo.gl/8rMcU1
I found your Twitter about a week ago... and was wondering when you were gonna start 'advertising' for your 'service.'

First of all: Camgirls don't need a logo. Hell, out of the few who do have one, most members don't even recognize that it's a "LOGO." They just think "Oh, she just happens to use the same font for her stuff."

Second: You're asking us to share, like, and follow your twitter to qualify for this "free logo." However, this will drastically help you more than it will help us. A model with anywhere from 2,000 to 25,000 followers will generate a LOT of views to your twitter/site if she promotes you. You have literally 48 followers. Even four new followers due to a model's promotional tweet would be nearly TEN PERCENT gain. Can your 'logo' guarantee a TEN PERCENT GAIN in followers/tippers? Nope.

Third: You're not even giving every model who tweets about you a free logo. It's a CHANCE to win. So, essentially, a sweepstakes.

Fourth (and most importantly): You don't even have any pictures of your work. If your strange "WEBCAMSMODEL . NET" with the triangle under it is your idea of an awesome logo, then I'm just gonna NOPE right on outta there.

Shit, I was also expecting some real reasons, such as:

1) Watermarking images
2) Watermarking videos
3) Watermarking the entire fucking internet
4) Making it easier to identify scraped / stolen content.....Due to it being watermarked
5) Having a fancy-ass logo to use on forums / email signatures, because you're a badass like that

BTW, #2: A camming models [fake] personal identity *IS* her/his/their brand, more or less. Just sayin.

Last edited:
Shit, I was also expecting some real reasons, such as:

1) Watermarking images
2) Watermarking videos
3) Watermarking the entire fucking internet
4) Making it easier to identify scraped / stolen content.....Due to it being watermarked
5) Having a fancy-ass logo to use on forums / email signatures, because you're a badass like that

BTW, #2: A camming models [fake] personal identity *IS* her/his/their brand, more or less. Just sayin.
Honestly, lately most of the threads on this forum have been so derailed I have no clue what the topic is, I just really really think cat avatars like yours are awesome.

I've had pictures stolen / ppl pretend to be me. I guess that's going to happen when you have so much stuff floating around. I hope that they eventually find me though/putting simple text across things words pretty well too :)

Reactions: curvyredhead
...I have minors in graphic arts and multimedia design. I took computer science classes in college and have been doing web design, social media management, and brand consultation professionally for more than a decade.

Many of us are in this position. Many of us are trained, many of us have trained ourselves, and there are tons of great free services that help girls lacking the initial formal training to create beautiful logos, graphics, videos, and websites.

(I feel like I ought to mention there are also great reasonably-priced services for this stuff that are created and maintained by people in the industry. Both @Miss_Lollipop's and @JoleneBrody's ventures come to mind. I know there are others that are currently slipping my mind.)

I don't write this to toot my own horn... this whole thread reeks of damsel-in-distress white-knighting from the non-camgirls/scummy marketers.

We can and do manage our own shit, quite handily.

So please, can we have more munchkin kittens?

P.S. I feel like I'm yelling. Very sorry for that.

I've been thinking that a more effective ID for a model would be to wear a t-shirt with a her twitter, web address or custom "fuck off you fuckers" style message on it (for the capping crowd).

On a side-note, there was a guy who got paid to wear a different t-shirt each day on his travel webcam. He made a lot of money and they supplied the t-shirts and paid him upfront. Each day you could wear a t-shirt and then cut it off your hot body while extolling the virtues of whoever was paying for the exposure. Maybe that's called Sexposure...

I'd certainly pay for something like that if I had a business or money. At the very least, I'd hang in your room and soak up the sexposure until I got kicked out.

For those of us who are a bit design-impaired, I've found picmonkey.com to be a good resource for making simple graphics and cleaning up blemishes or little things on photos.

Or be a doll and support a small artist by hiring a professional designer to assist you with graphics you'll be using for the long term.

For those of us who are a bit design-impaired, I've found picmonkey.com to be a good resource for making simple graphics and cleaning up blemishes or little things on photos.

Or be a doll and support a small artist by hiring a professional designer to assist you with graphics you'll be using for the long term.

I agree about picmonkey. It more than pays for itself. You can make a nice looking graphic in no time for specials, contests & simple advertisements.

Reactions: Booty_4U
Loving the info here! Any tips for logos, or where to find help? Camgirl on a budget, with almost no graphics training. Or a point in the right direction to educate myself? I hate people that ask for wonderful services for free (because we all don't hear that 80,000 times a day amIright?) but facts are facts, and the budget squeaks enough for the moment. Thanks to everyone that's contributed to this thread so far! I had to stop taking notes and just bookmark the bitch.

(I feel like I ought to mention there are also great reasonably-priced services for this stuff that are created and maintained by people in the industry. Both @Miss_Lollipop's and @JoleneBrody's ventures come to mind. I know there are others that are currently slipping my mind.)...
Just popping in to clear up the record... mostly to avoid the odd email or DM that might result from this thread. Adult Indie (@JoleneBrody 's venture as mentioned above) does not create logos or watermarks for hire. Though we will -on occasion- create one for someone we have shot content with if they do not already have one of their own, we don't offer them as an independent service.

Also possibly just popping in to try out some new smiley face thingies...
:bag::blackeye::stinkyfeet::vulcan:o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.