AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

61.4% of money spent on MFC is sent to models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
Created a seperate thread to give this more visability.

There seems a common misconception that MFC payout 50% because models receive $0.05 per token, however members rarely pay $0.10 for the tokens; even first time premiums can buy 550 tokens for $49.99, that's $0.09 per token.

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 19.30.19.png

Bigger token packages are available for established premiums. From MFC wiki:
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Payment_Information_for_Models#Payout_percentage

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 18.52.07.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 3.00.06 PM.png

This part in particular is something else that I imagine most people don't realize is a difference on MFC vs. % based sites. In the fine print on the other sites, they tell you the % that you make is calculated AFTER they factor out their processing costs. So that sweet 35% you're told you're getting isn't even a full 35% of the actual amount paid for your show by the member.

The bigger token packages are available for the members to get more for their buck. The member can spend more money to get extra tokens but the model will always get 50% on MFC.
No. That's exactly the opposite of what this thread explains.

Models will ALWAYS GET $0.05 per token they receive.

The same 200 tokens a $20 package buys is worth the same 200 tokens ($10.00) from other packages to a model, even if the member only spends $15.84 for those same tokens.
What Amber discusses about other costs is entirely another matter. Personally I do think sites can afford to cover such transaction costs, and I do think MFC is pretty fair/ good to models.
For MFC to claim models get higher percentage on bonus tokens is a bit lame even if in some ways it may be true. For members those bonus tokens only mean we don't have to add more to get the reward we want... the model doesn't increase her goal to take advantage of our increased token capacity (i.e. instead of 100 tokens a flash because you add more tokens she now charges 126, even though we can afford to pay that if we add a 7575 package).

• Wat?!
Reactions: Nordling
The same 200 tokens a $20 package buys is worth the same 200 tokens ($10.00) from other packages to a model, even if the member only spends $15.84 for those same tokens.
Please stop posting in this thread if you're going to make 0 sense and just make this more confusing to people who wanted simple clarification.

What Amber discusses about other costs is entirely another matter.
It's a valid point to note. As I mentioned, many other % based sites don't make it apparent that they are charging the models for that in the time between they perform the show and get paid. MFC works it into their overall payout system and STILL does better than 50% in most cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puffin
$15.84 is the cost of each 200 tokens in the 7575 package for a member...usually it is $20. I don't get the confusion comment...sorry.

$15.84 is the cost of each 200 tokens in the 7575 package for a member...usually it is $20. I don't get the confusion comment...sorry.
You're complicating shit, and I asked you to stop. You're not *wrong* just wording things in such a way that makes things more confusing for people who wanted simple clarification.

Last request/warning.

Maybe a better way to explain what troll is saying would be that 200 tokens will always net the same value for the model 5 cents per token.

However, how much that will cost the member will fluctuate with the package of tokens it came from. Which means at higher package the tokens will cost less. So the percentage received by the model depends on that.

200 tokens will always net the model the same amount.
But the price for the member gets better and better with each package

Last edited:
Reactions: BrieLovexo
Models don't receive a "percentage" of anything. They receive a flat 5 cents per token. Stop trying to complicate this simple fact.
Yeah, I think some of the detail sorting has gotten overly wordy. But as I said in a private message to a person severely overcomplicating things:

The whole point of the thread contains 2 things: 1. models always get a nickel per token 2. MFC's % payout is actually a little higher/better than people think because of factors that aren't obvious at first or to anyone who doesn't read the wiki.

That's pretty much the jist of it.

I often hear this talk of percentages and per token/credit split. Isn't the real question: how much is she earning PER HOUR. That's really the most important point, is it not?

Let's take a job in the real world, say you're a sale associate at a clothing store where you receive an hourly wage. Do you concern yourself with the business financials in an effort to determine what percentage of sales you're getting or what percentage of the profit the owners take?

I'm not saying it's irrelevant to discuss, but IMHO what a camgirl earns per hour is more important than what split or percentage the site takes.

I often hear this talk of percentages and per token/credit split. Isn't the real question: how much is she earning PER HOUR. That's really the most important point, is it not?

Let's take a job in the real world, say you're a sale associate at a clothing store where you receive an hourly wage. Do you concern yourself with the business financials in an effort to determine what percentage of sales you're getting or what percentage of the profit the owners take?

I'm not saying it's irrelevant to discuss, but IMHO what a camgirl earns per hour is more important than what split or percentage the site takes.
That is not the point of this thread.

I simply asked a question about the efficacy of such discussions. It's merely a counterpoint.
There are many other discussions like the one you bring up outside of this thread dedicated to highlighting the % of payout on MFC.

That's fine if you're an employee with a steady wage. If you're self-employed and - like cam-girls - your income can vary quite wildly from day-to-day then no, it's not a very helpful way to look at it [besides being none of my business]. You're more likely to look at it in terms of income per job done / unit shifted, and then plan it from there.

Isn't the real question: how much is she earning PER HOUR. That's really the most important point, is it not?

Only to the members who are nosy as fuck...

These bigger token packages are a little hypothetical for your average user though. One of my accounts is nudging 25k reward points and can still only purchase the 1875 package.

Only to the members who are nosy as fuck...

I meant it's most important to the camgirl... not the members.
I'm not sure why members are concerned with percentages or model pay to begin with. Other than just general curiosity, I don't get it.

The percentage is very relevant, even if it's a flat amount-per-token for model payouts. It's not comparing apples to oranges either, as it's simple division to get the percentage. One could also argue that if people are getting a better deal on tokens, they'll spend more liberally, which should result in more token even if those tokens net the model a flat per-token rate.

The talking points stating that the percentage isn't relevant is like arguing the difference between 10% off or $1 off a $10 purchase. Whether it's a "flat $1" or "10%" is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because 1/10 = .1 = 10%. They're all the same thing, just represented differently.

From the customers point of view, they're getting a better value, so they can be more generous to the models, or spend more time on the site because they're not blowing their "camming budget" faster. The result is more tokens for the models they're spending on.

An analogy: A person has a set weekly bar budget. If the bartender gets tipped out the same per-drink rate (I tip $1 per drink, personally) but the drinks were a buck cheaper per pop, then the person can spend a couple more happy hours sipping his/her favorite microbrews, which would ultimately result in more tips for the bartender.

Is the $600 plan the biggest one available? I've got MFC at 60% in my directory. I personally think it'd be better to just keep it at 60% instead of changing it to 50%-63%, even if the later would more accurately reflect things. 63% is just such an awkward

I'm not sure why members are concerned with percentages...

Mostly because it's their money before they give it to a camsite. So if they like the model and want her to have it then how much of it goes elsewhere is a legitimate concern.

If I were to donate to a charity to help homeless puppies and found out only 5% of my money was going to puppies, the remaining going to administration fees and the owners new Bentley, I would find a different charity.

Members should be concerned with the percentage a site takes. There are costs of doing business of course, but then there's also gouging. They should have the a say in how much is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.