AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A big leak of camgirls personal data

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know which website it is, and the models too. I have no idea how much of the sensitive information got leaked and I hope no creep got a hold of an inch of it.
The CEOs of the affected website are also aware and they do what they do best, keep a low profile:)
As I've seen, they have about 20GB of models' personal data. It's a big deal if someone uses it for personal benefits. I have deleted my account on this webcam site for the time being...

I see your point. I really don’t have anything smart to ad except that I just hate to see people get affected by a large scale fuck up (it’s my first time swearing here by the way), I’ve personally been affected by one in 2018.
But it's their fault to loose a personal information which must be kept safe.
Others webcam sites didn't have this issue (I hope it will not appear in the future), so this means administration do not realize how important it is

I know they do. They have some of the best security and compliance that any company can envy.
Except in the case of leaving sensitive and personal info on an insecure directory that anyone could access.

yes, human errors occur. But, this is a critical mistake that in other(vanilla) industries would get someone fired, as well as other repercussions.

my guess is that this will go largely unreported due to being adult industry related and nothing will be done as it will be swept under the rug

Reactions: Just_A_Guy
From the statements posted before the site went offline the models effected were those providing content for marketing. That's how the mentioning of birth certificates and social security cards came into the discussion. This is the sort of documentation required from content models to comply with 2257 regulations.

Someone's information was left wide open once upon a time but for how long? Also this doesn't mean they were Cammodels. I'm only saying this for clarity... according to Pussycash and their vanishing statement. That's what they said at least, although it doesn't make it okay. I think the people who should be the most concerned are the content models and maybe Pussycash affiliates. As a Pussycash affiliate of ten years, I will admit I'm a little concerned. I have yet to receive a statement via email and I can't access my dashboard since this mess occurred. I don't think it's going to be the end of the world but the way they're handling things doesn't inspire confidence.

Reactions: Dan Epstein
yes, human errors occur. But, this is a critical mistake that in other(vanilla) industries would get someone fired, as well as other repercussions.

Hard agree! Because it'd be like this: "Jimmy, please, have a sit. You fucked up big time, Jimmy, but we got good and bad news for you. Good news is there's a lot of free time ahead of you. Bad news is there's no bonus for you this year; you get a fine instead and, who knows, possible jail time. But that's not our problem, Jimmy. Good luck finding another job out there. Also, close the door on your way out. Thank you, Jimmy".

Last edited:
But, this is a critical mistake that in other(vanilla) industries would get someone fired, as well as other repercussions.

Nobody got fired at Equifax and all the management still got golden parachutes and that was every US citizens credit and personal financial record leaked

Nobody got fired at Equifax and all the management still got golden parachutes and that was every US citizens credit and personal financial record leaked

I'm not discounting that it's bullshit senior execs get golden parachutes when they are responsible for data breaches and stolen records. But, it does happen that people get fired over security incidents.

I'd like to see it go even further than just firings. SOX was supposed to hold CEO's and others legally responsible for fraudulent accounting practices. Not that I want more laws on the books. But, something needs to be done to hold companies accountable for safeguarding data.

Which, the whole data issue is becoming a hot topic as well. Not just financial records. But, things like GDPR and California's AB375 are helping. I know a number of companies took notice with GDPR and did a blanket approach of same rules to everyone, not just EU. While laws are good, if they aren't enforced and people held accountable (from the lowly peon to the CEO), it's just useless verbiage.

Status
Not open for further replies.