AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A different look for her.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that her whole thing is unique shows, but I don't know if I'm 100% on board with the various racial stereotypes she's been dressing up as on her shows. Then again, I'm not Muslim or Native American (or anything else she might have done) so it isn't my issue.

Love her shows simply BC they are so different... As for the so called racial stereotypes... LMAO... heaven forbid a camgirl offend anyone. :lol:

The only show I've seen from her has been her hobo/bum show. Which I thought was pretty funny to view for a short time. Especially because she blacked a tooth out. I just happened to mouse over her preview pic on the homepage and saw it. Other than that, I have never really watched her.

Attachments

• oliviabum1.png
    oliviabum1.png
    310.7 KB · Views: 845
  • oliviabum2.png
    oliviabum2.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 844
  • oliviabum3.png
    oliviabum3.png
    312.6 KB · Views: 845
  • oliviabum4.png
    oliviabum4.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 844
  • oliviabum5.png
    oliviabum5.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 845
I don't see how this is entertaining. I find it HIGHLY OFFENSIVE. :shock: I went into her room after this happened and the things members were saying were making my eyes roll out of my head. Why do people think it's okay for a white girl to wear a hijab and an Indian headress? What's next a bindi? Will she dress herself up as a sugar skull? I wonder what culture she will mock next time!

sideeye.gif

The first one isn't just offensive to Muslims in general. Because her concept was of an Islamic terrorist (as evidenced by her waving a fake Heckler & Koch), it is also offensive to all those who have suffered from Islamic terrorism. Belittling both groups is playing to the sort of lowlife idiots who most models ban at the first opportunity usually.

SoTxBob said:
Love her shows simply BC they are so different... As for the so called racial stereotypes... LMAO... heaven forbid a camgirl offend anyone. :lol:
I feel that white people such as myself (dunno what race you are) aren't very attached to our heritage. Nobody has ever said anything about my race or cultural background that has ever offended me, no matter how hard they try. So I think it may be easier for us to dismiss "non-PC" portrayals of other races... after all, if I don't get offended by Olivia dressing up like a valley girl/white trash, why should any Muslim or someone affected by terrorists be offended that she's waving a fake gun around making jokes about infidels?

Bocefish said:
I guess hobo's should be offended too then? Good luck finding a 100% Politically Correct adult comedian. ;)
We don't have to take everything she does on the same level of the offensive scale :lol: I in particular felt very little angst when it came to the 80s bush. At the same time, just because it's just hilarious doesn't mean it can't be a shit thing to do. I will remember to not be similarly stirred when she breaks out the fake teeth and yellow glasses for the portrayal of an Asian or the blackface when it's time to be African for a day.

This isn't directed at anybody in particular but IMO people today are just to sensitive. If you don't want to see it, don't look at it (just a general rule)....the past few nights I have been watching old re-runs of Saturday Night Live (Eddie Murphy/Mr.Robinson/Mr. Rogers) and can only imagine the amount of shit these skits would get today. IMO they were good quality entertainment and its shame that we are so sensitive today that we can't enjoy things like this.

Back on topic though, if she dressed up in overalls or camo and spent a night on cam talking about nascar and hunting I think I would find it pretty amusing. I can't personally take offense to anything she has done as none of it directly effects me or has anything to do with me.

ElaySmith said:
This isn't directed at anybody in particular but IMO people today are just to sensitive. If you don't want to see it, don't look at it (just a general rule)....the past few nights I have been watching old re-runs of Saturday Night Live (Eddie Murphy/Mr.Robinson/Mr. Rogers) and can only imagine the amount of shit these skits would get today. IMO they were good quality entertainment and its shame that we are so sensitive today that we can't enjoy things like this.

There's a new comedy show coming up called 'The New Normal' on NBC and looks like it pokes fun at all sorts of racial stereotypes similar to what 'All in the Family' and Archie Bunker did back in the day.

Bocefish said:
There's a new comedy show coming up called 'The New Normal' on NBC and looks like it pokes fun at all sorts of racial stereotypes similar to what 'All in the Family' and Archie Bunker did back in the day.

I laughed the first time I saw that commercial.

All in the Family was a great show. They used to air reruns of it on Nick at Nite and/or TV Land a little while ago, and I wish they hadn't stopped.

I'm sort of on the fence about racial humor. On one hand, yes, I do enjoy it and many comedians are able to do racial humor very well in a nuanced way without necessarily being overly offensive. At the same time I feel like we as a culture are very, very influenced by what we see in the media and many people will not understand the nuance in good racial humor. Many of them will just take it at face value, "haha black/arab/asian people are stupid and different from us," and just perpetuate the racial stereotypes and prejudice that people of color face today. Without understanding the culture that they are portraying racial jokes come off in bad taste just like minstrel shows. Knowing that a huge number of people on MFC are just straight up idiots I feel like this is the kind of reaction that they would have. Obviously there is nothing we can do explicitly to change what people think or do overnight but I feel like people have a right to be annoyed and speak up when they feel like some comedy that may cross the line may be contributing to how they are viewed by society. At least, I do, coming from someone who is pretty tired of being approached with, "Me love you long time."

I'm with Sophie. You have to appreciate that there are gonna be plenty of mongoloids on MFC who are gonna be looking at that and saying "hur hur, Muslims are all terrorists, hur hur, USA! USA!".
Perpetuating negative stereotypes is never a good thing, ya know. I'm sure the good people on this here board are all smart enough to realise that the percentage of Muslims who are in fact terrorists, is miniscule. A model on MFC dressing up as a Muslim terrorist and farting around with a toy gun isn't going to sway you one way or another, 'cos you're not completely dumb and stuff.
The average folk on MFC... they be dumb. The last thing they need to be told (no matter how implicitly) is that Muslims and terrorists are one and the same :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
I'm with Sophie. You have to appreciate that there are gonna be plenty of mongoloids on MFC who are gonna be looking at that and saying "hur hur, Muslims are all terrorists, hur hur, USA! USA!".
Perpetuating negative stereotypes is never a good thing, ya know. I'm sure the good people on this here board are all smart enough to realise that the percentage of Muslims who are in fact terrorists, is miniscule. A model on MFC dressing up as a Muslim terrorist and farting around with a toy gun isn't going to sway you one way or another, 'cos you're not completely dumb and stuff.
The average folk on MFC... they be dumb. The last thing they need to be told (no matter how implicitly) is that Muslims and terrorists are one and the same :twocents-02cents:
Let's not do anything someone might misinterpret? I don't think you want to play to the lowest common denominator. At least I don't want to. I was pretty glad Elay posted above because I read this thread thinking, wow, my threshold for offensive must be really high.

:) Not really poking you, Bob...but it's now referred to as Down Syndrome. Habits die hard.

I think cultural, ethnic and racial humor if done at all has to be very nuanced and MFC probably isn't the right venue for any of it...since the average member probably isn't that all sophisticated to begin with.

The merkin could be funny, since it's humor about an era, not about a particular group. (although I wonder if pubic shaving/waxing is as common among the general population as among adult entertainers)

Kradek said:
Let's not do anything someone might misinterpret? I don't think you want to play to the lowest common denominator. At least I don't want to. I was pretty glad Elay posted above because I read this thread thinking, wow, my threshold for offensive must be really high.

It's not really a case of never doing things that might be misconstrued, it's more a case of using common sense and assessing a situation before acting.

Does a cam girl ever really, truly, honestly need to dress up as a Muslim terrorist?

I'm gonna go ahead and say 'no'. With that in mind...

Is it worth perpetuating negative racial stereotypes just for the sake of it?

I would argue not.

Now, maybe I'm missing the point of Olivia's show. Maybe she was making a statement. Maybe dressing up as a Muslim terrorist and perpetuating negative racial stereotypes was absolutely essential to her show. Maybe there was an underlying message to it all that I'm missing. Maybe MFC members were only tipping models dressed as terrorists yesterday and I missed the memo. If that's the case, then fair enough. I can see that it was a worthwhile endeavour.

aside from a couple of pics....and the costume is very cool btw....i didn't see the "performance"
dressing as a terrorist is provocative to say the least.....but in and of itself, its only a racial stereotype if you're of the mind set that every person between syria and pakistan is a terrorist

sensitivity is a wonderful thing....i tend to err on the side of it

so my question is this.....did anybody sit in her room and witness the show?.....i didn't hear anything about a fatwa being issued against her, so maybe it was just all in fun....and entertaining, too

hard to tell from a couple of pics
:twocents-02cents:

This is what artists / comedians do, they push boundaries, make you uncomfortable, open your eyes & make you laugh at the most ridiculous parts of life - including racism. I am sure Olivia is not a racist nor does she support/encourage racism but she is an entertainer / comedian. She won't always do something that you agree with and you know what? That's part of what makes her so interesting.

Another interesting comedian...
022512_sacha_baron_cohen120225132109.jpg

Granted, I did not see this show. So, I do not know what she was saying aloud. I am purely going off the photos and the shows that I've seen Olivia do in the past along with many similar stunts I've seen comedians do.

Does a cam girl ever really, truly, honestly need to dress up as a Muslim terrorist?

Does any entertainer need to dress up as a Muslim terrorist or any other character? No, but lots of actors/comedians have done it in the past. Cam girls are entertainers with completely different styles and enjoy MFC for different reasons, including using it as a creative outlet, exploring the more adventurous sides of themselves.

Bocefish said:
Where is all the outrage when Frankie dresses up as a nun and fucks herself with a crucifix dildo? However, as soon as somebody pokes fun at a muslim, it's suddenly way out of line? Isn't that a bit of a double standard?

it's probably due to our familiarity with the culture....every guy in the christain world has a crucifix dangling between their legs....we all know that it's our cross to bear :lol:

Oh and FYI, muslims other than terrorists tote around AK-47s.
so....you're thinking that is their crucifix?

Reactions: SoTxBob
bob said:
Bocefish said:
Where is all the outrage when Frankie dresses up as a nun and fucks herself with a crucifix dildo? However, as soon as somebody pokes fun at a muslim, it's suddenly way out of line? Isn't that a bit of a double standard?

it's probably due to our familiarity with the culture....every guy in the christain world has a crucifix dangling between their legs....we all know that it's our cross to bear :lol:

Oh and FYI, muslims other than terrorists tote around AK-47s.
so....you're thinking that is their crucifix?

:p

I'm just getting a little sick of everyone bending over backwards so as not to offend muslims when some of them regularly burn our flag in effigy among other things. Burning the flag is an expression of something called free speech, which goes both ways here in America, comedic and otherwise.

Reactions: AudreyAnna
mynameisbob84 said:
The last thing they need to be told (no matter how implicitly) is that Muslims and terrorists are one and the same :twocents-02cents:

not sure about dumb.....frustrated tho....and frustrated people will seize almost anything to vent on.....you make a good point, tho.....but it was her risk to take.....and ours to judge, i guess

still curious about how it played out....from what you say, it might have backfired....dunno

I understand that comedy pushes boundaries and generally plays on things that make us the most uncomfortable. That being said something about that costume is so bluntly racist and not in an ironic way that it upsets me. I know PLENTY of people who really do think that all people of middle eastern descent are violent, evil and stupid. If fact earlier this morning i got on chaturbate with my husband who has an Arabic tattoo on his arm, he has long dark hair, olive toned skin and a beard. Numerous people made racial slurs in a non-joking way about him being Muslim. (hes not but not the point) Whenever i see a comedian make that particular joke i find it to be very trashy. It's not clever. Maybe my sense of humor just isn't that blunt. Racist and misogynist humor seems dumb to me. As if it makes people more comfortable with racism and misogyny.
that was more of a rant than i expected.

Jaydenrainey said:
I understand that comedy pushes boundaries and generally plays on things that make us the most uncomfortable. That being said something about that costume is so bluntly racist and not in an ironic way that it upsets me. I know PLENTY of people who really do think that all people of middle eastern descent are violent, evil and stupid. If fact earlier this morning i got on chaturbate with my husband who has an Arabic tattoo on his arm, he has long dark hair, olive toned skin and a beard. Numerous people made racial slurs in a non-joking way about him being Muslim. (hes not but not the point) Whenever i see a comedian make that particular joke i find it to be very trashy. It's not clever. Maybe my sense of humor just isn't that blunt. Racist and misogynist humor seems dumb to me. As if it makes people more comfortable with racism and misogyny.
that was more of a rant than i expected.

Slightly off topic but I apologise..

Bad/Lazy comedians make you laugh AT the stereotypes

Good Comedians make you think about the stereotype and why you hold that in the first place

IMO..

Anyways..

AedanRayne said:
This is what artists / comedians do, they push boundaries, make you uncomfortable, open your eyes & make you laugh at the most ridiculous parts of life - including racism. I am sure Olivia is not a racist nor does she support/encourage racism but she is an entertainer / comedian. She won't always do something that you agree with and you know what? That's part of what makes her so interesting.

Another interesting comedian...
022512_sacha_baron_cohen120225132109.jpg

Granted, I did not see this show. So, I do not know what she was saying aloud. I am purely going off the photos and the shows that I've seen Olivia do in the past along with many similar stunts I've seen comedians do.

Does any entertainer need to dress up as a Muslim terrorist or any other character? No, but lots of actors/comedians have done it in the past. Cam girls are entertainers with completely different styles and enjoy MFC for different reasons, including using it as a creative outlet, exploring the more adventurous sides of themselves.

I hear what you're saying and to a point, I agree. But I think context is important.

Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat and Ali G were fantastic comic creations (I haven't seen The Dictator or Bruno) - Ali G mocked the sillier facets of youth culture in a damning and entertaining way, and Borat worked amazingly well as a character that highlighted and poked fun at Western perceptions of foreign cultures as well as exposing bigotry and intolerance. There was a point to both of those characters and they were both funny.

If Olivia's routine had a point or a message, something to lend it artistic/creative credibilty, then great. But if she was just dressing up for funsies, giving little or no thought to how her outfit might be percieved, the message it might send to less than intelligent or ignorant or misinformed idiots, then I just don't see that it was worth it :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.