AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A different look for her.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think it's an entertainer's job to censor themselves to pander to idiots. Yes, some people may think all Muslims are actually like that. They will, regardless of this show. Just like how if someone watches South Park and is offended, that's their problem, not South Park's. Should South Park be banned because they make fun of people? What's next?

By the way, when I watched this show, I actually thought she was making fun of people who believe all muslims are terrorists, because it's such a ridiculous thought.

I think it is important to watch one of her shows before making a judgement. The OP and several others voiced criticism with only screencaps as context. To the OP, I give her credit for actually checking out a show, and coming back to give her revised opinion.

IMO, the folks making criticisms without seeing a show firsthand are guilty of the prejudice OliviaNaked has been accused of. ***where prejudice is an unfavorable preconceived notion or opinion***

Flame on!

I didn't notice anyone accusing Olivia herself of prejudice or anything kindred. And from what I've seen of her shows, I think she's very innovative and clever...she really packs in the crowd.

However, with so many images in mind, many may still think that an "Islamic Terrorist" may not be the best choice of images to portray. It's only a discussion; I think it's cool no one in the thread has gotten pissed and started a flame.

MadiSin_Moon said:
I'm likely going to have my head bitten off for this, but I can't NOT put my :twocents-02cents: in at this point. IMO, the above quote is a perfect example of why it is NOT a good idea to put on these types of shows for thousands of folks over the internet to see. Yes, it is free speech, but that doesn't make it any less distasteful. Most likely, the lovely Olivia was only being "ironic" and possibly even poking fun at the ignorance of racism and bigotry in the first place.
Yup, like I said in a previous post, she was likely being ironic and making fun of racial and religious bigotry.

However, the ratio of idiots who don't get it to the mentally sophisticated individuals on the site is probably quite skewed. I personally would feel icky about arousing MORE hatred in these idiots as it certainly seems to have already done given a few of the posts in this thread. I also would worry about offending the minority who is the subject of the show. This is just me, though. I respect people, especially women, who have the "I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks" attitude. It is sooo not me though. I'm like an emotional,empathic sponge or something, constantly soaking up what others are thinking or feeling, even on the internet or in television or music.

And yes, I agree that censorship is kind of icky, but I also feel that we should.... wait for it... treat others how we wish to be treated ourselves. I am FULL of fucking cliches' tonight, guys and girls!

As they say, never talk about politics or religion (another cliche) if you want to remain civil. I am waaayy to attached to my political/ philosophical/ ethical beliefs values to NOT talk about these things, though, and I make frenemies often that way, lol.

Nordling said:
I think it's cool no one in the thread has gotten pissed and started a flame.

Oh someone DID get pissed :shhh:

This girl is clearly doing something right with a camscore of 13082.3. If she was truly offensive in her shows, we would have had threads and drama popping up left and right by now.

I don't think that anyone should have to censor their shows to suit anyone but themselves. If she wants to dress up as a Muslim, a nun, a construction worker or a hippopotamus, that's up to her. If someone is offended, whether they be white, black, asian, barney, whatever, that's their issue and they can hit next model.

There is ALWAYS going to be someone that doesn't like what you're doing in your room. If you catered to everyone, you wouldn't be having much fun anymore. From the screencaps posted here, it looks like this chick is having a great time, smiling, laughing, being playful. Isn't that what we all sort of strive for on MFC? Just to be goofy and have fun?

Every model runs their room differently and I for one applaud her originality and creativity.

just for the fill in ... her 'Hitachi Show' last night was a play on the company as well as sexworker. FYI in case some of u ladies aren't aware, Hitachi is a major tool and machine manufacturer world wide, not just the creator of a 'girls best friend.' :lol: :lol:
[thats the brand name on the drill shes using for her pop-sickle sex toy.]
Brilliant.. freakin brilliant....
Is there a cam girl 'Tony Award"?

Attachments

• Oli3.jpg
    Oli3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 416
  • Oli2.jpg
    Oli2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 417
  • Oli1.jpg
    Oli1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 416
Hi! Long time lurker. I think every model could take something from this. I had never heard of her before (only been on there since may). I was in the lounge 1000. I saw her terrorist act. LMAO I was like "whoa WTF!?!". Clicked "go to her room" immediately! I Sat there for the next couple hours totally entertained (following night also), never typed a word, tipped 550 when I left. It's not ALL about the nudity and xxx shit.

Cheers,

Thanks to this thread, I am now going to be checking her out. I just about SHIT MY PANTS WITH LAUGHTER in the awesomeness this chick radiates. In the days of white boards, numbers, countdowns, cum shows, dp shows, outdoor shows, && god knows what the fuck else, this shit is refreshing as fuck. I love anyone who can think outside the box, who isn't afraid to make themself look like an asshole/retard/nerd, whatever.

If only we took all this energy of OMFG WAH WAH WAH I AM SO OFFENDED, HOW NOT COOL THIS IS, && put it towards something productive, or constructive, imagine what we as a whole could accomplish? Just saying. && if you do any of the above, I'm not saying it's bad, I just feel like that's more of the "norm" so to say on a camsite, so when someone does something different, well, I find it refreshing...... Unless it's sticking your hand INTO your cervix on cam.... =X.

SNATCH said:
Thanks to this thread, I am now going to be checking her out. I just about SHIT MY PANTS WITH LAUGHTER in the awesomeness this chick radiates. In the days of white boards, numbers, countdowns, cum shows, dp shows, outdoor shows, && god knows what the fuck else, this shit is refreshing as fuck. I love anyone who can think outside the box, who isn't afraid to make themself look like an asshole/retard/nerd, whatever.

If only we took all this energy of OMFG WAH WAH WAH I AM SO OFFENDED, HOW NOT COOL THIS IS, && put it towards something productive, or constructive, imagine what we as a whole could accomplish? Just saying. && if you do any of the above, I'm not saying it's bad, I just feel like that's more of the "norm" so to say on a camsite, so when someone does something different, well, I find it refreshing...... Unless it's sticking your hand INTO your cervix on cam.... =X.
:D That'd definitely be thinking INSIDE the box. lol

LolasLiger said:
The first one isn't just offensive to Muslims in general. Because her concept was of an Islamic terrorist (as evidenced by her waving a fake Heckler & Koch), it is also offensive to all those who have suffered from Islamic terrorism. Belittling both groups is playing to the sort of lowlife idiots who most models ban at the first opportunity usually.
it's also mildly offensive to HK lol

SophieMei said:
I'm sort of on the fence about racial humor. On one hand, yes, I do enjoy it and many comedians are able to do racial humor very well in a nuanced way without necessarily being overly offensive. At the same time I feel like we as a culture are very, very influenced by what we see in the media and many people will not understand the nuance in good racial humor. Many of them will just take it at face value, "haha black/arab/asian people are stupid and different from us," and just perpetuate the racial stereotypes and prejudice that people of color face today. Without understanding the culture that they are portraying racial jokes come off in bad taste just like minstrel shows. Knowing that a huge number of people on MFC are just straight up idiots I feel like this is the kind of reaction that they would have. Obviously there is nothing we can do explicitly to change what people think or do overnight but I feel like people have a right to be annoyed and speak up when they feel like some comedy that may cross the line may be contributing to how they are viewed by society. At least, I do, coming from someone who is pretty tired of being approached with, "Me love you long time."
I think I like this post the best in this thread.

I agree. I'm not offended and would probly find her shows entertaining, but I also suspect her shows would be just as entertaining if she avoided racial and/or negative cultural stereotypes.

Like me, I don't think anyone in this thread WAS offended by the muslim terrorist stereotype - but then it wasn't aimed at us was it? Are there any Islamic arab males here to tell us whether they found it offensive?

Re: the comparison to Frankie in a nun costume - well that would only apply if the viewer were a Catholic nun. I don't think any of us qualify. It's also not a stereotype - I don't think Frankie's show was operating on the premise that all nuns fuck themselves with crucifixes.

Reactions: caireen
I think I stumbled into her room one day & the theme was "nude radio". She was using what appeared to be a studio mic & was taking questions from I guess regulars. Most callers were lost after asking her "how are you" and couldn't think of anything else to ask. I think I would have lined a few questions before I called. After about the 3rd or 4th caller I was bored and moved on.

SNATCH said:
If only we took all this energy of OMFG WAH WAH WAH I AM SO OFFENDED, HOW NOT COOL THIS IS, && put it towards something productive, or constructive, imagine what we as a whole could accomplish?

Half a dozen people taking five minutes of their time whilst bored to comment on something on a message board... I don't know that there's enough energy being dispensed there to accomplish anything too productive :-D

Reactions: SNATCH
MFC is an entertainment site for adults. I don't think it's her job to make sure every goober in her room understands the idea of satire. She's an entertainer not a politician or a nursery school teacher. As long as she's not breaking rules, there's not too much to say. For the record, men have been dressing up as women, acting silly and calling it comedy for centuries. If we can put up with it and learn to laugh, I think everyone else will survive too.

JickyJuly said:
MFC is an entertainment site for adults. I don't think it's her job to make sure every goober in her room understands the idea of satire. She's an entertainer not a politician or a nursery school teacher. As long as she's not breaking rules, there's not too much to say. For the record, men have been dressing up as women, acting silly and calling it comedy for centuries. If we can put up with it and learn to laugh, I think everyone else will survive too.
For the record, I agree, but as someone earlier pointed out - what if she was in blackface? Where is the line drawn? Is blackface etc only more racially offensive because its history, and repugnance toward it, are bound up in the dominant culture watching MFC?

I mean if that's what we're arguing here - that racial stereotypes are funny - then it MUST be okay to satirise everyone, right?

Reactions: Just Me and caireen
Jupiter551 said:
JickyJuly said:
For the record, I agree, but as someone earlier pointed out - what if she was in blackface? Where is the line drawn? Is blackface etc only more racially offensive because its history, and repugnance toward it, are bound up in the dominant culture watching MFC?

I mean if that's what we're arguing here - that racial stereotypes are funny - then it MUST be okay to satirise everyone, right?
JickyJuly said:
MFC is an entertainment site for adults.
THIS!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Olivia is NOT a school teacher, politician, or any kind of postion where she would need to be a "role model" to the "general public". Therefore, as long as she does not break any MFC rules, there are no lines to be drawn. Actually, there are...but they are up to her (and only her) to draw them, because she (and only she) will have to suffer the consequences. If her tippers feel she has gone over "the line", they will vote with their wallets. There is a very, very good reason why MFC has the "next" button.

Keep arguing all you want, the way I see it, two people benefit. Jupiter, you're one. Everyone here knows how you like to make mountains out of mole hills. So, keep on keeping on! Olivia is the other. With over 1600 page views and 80 posts to this thread, I bet she's loving this (if she knows about ACF).

Let's keep a little bit of perspective here. For instance, we're not debating the extension of the Voter's Rights Act or anything that important. This is one model out of thousands on a hugely popular website. And these are shows that a majority of commentators admittedly have not seen. I highly doubt she is advocating racial intollerance, and in the large scheme of things, she is not even a drop in the bucket. She draws large crowds, that's a fact. But there are probably tens of thousands of MFC members that don't know about her, or don't care.

There are always going to be people complaining, no matter what the models do (or don't do). OMG, she does public shows! OMG, she doesn't do public shows! And so on...

Solution? Save your tokens (or time, if you're a freeloader) for a model you actually want to see, because what she is doing is not the end of the world.

Or keep arguing over nothing :mrgreen:

Jupiter551 said:
JickyJuly said:

I think that line is for her to draw for herself and her wallet. Blackface is probably the same as any other racial, gender or cultural satire, BUT we all know it's not taken well. Our level of tolerance doesn't really make one turn more wrong than the other. Would it be beneficial for her to do? Probably not. So, I suspect she's a smart enough cookie not to go there.

As far as drawing lines, yes, HER line is up to her, or anyone else. But as viewers, we all have our own lines--what bores us, what disgusts us or what provokes outrage. I agree nothing she has done provokes outrage, and yes she's talented, funny and entertaining, but speaking generically, not about her per se, is there a line that would provoke outrage from the average viewer?

What if someone not only was in "blackface," but put on a "mock lynching" show? What if someone made holocaust jokes, including props like a kitchen oven?

Yeah, I guess it's up to the room owner, they can do whatever they want as long as they don't break any rules--but we as viewers have just as much a justification to be outraged if it steps over our personal "line" and speak out about it. I think we've demonstrated in this thread that the discussion isn't about her so much as what is the line that WOULD outrage us.

ComicOzzie said:
Olivia has the right to put on whatever show she feels is entertaining.

And members have the right to occasionally get offended.

Actually she doesn't. It is not her right, it is up to MFC. MFC being a private entity has no obligation to allow her free speech. If they decide her shows are offensive or costing them business, they can shut her down anytime they like.

Just Me said:
ComicOzzie said:

Actually she doesn't. It is not her right, it is up to MFC. MFC being a private entity has no obligation to allow her free speech. If they decide her shows are offensive or costing them business, they can shut her down anytime they like.

Did she break any rules?

Bocefish said:
Just Me said:
ComicOzzie said:

Did she break any rules?

None that I see on the wiki list. There is the "Actions that may be deemed obscene in your community." and the "At this website, we allow for a great deal of freedom and expression. This is a place where models and members can be themselves." so I don't know. She is at Miss MFC #1 right now too. I see the future bbs!!!

Reactions: schlmoe
Bocefish said:
Can we get 4 pages?

here's my attempt at helping that cause :p

BTW- I have never watched this model, mostly cause I haven't been to MFC since this thread was started. But based on what I've seen/read in this thread, she seems AWESOME!

Reactions: BabyGirlRed
Status
Not open for further replies.